Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
this would be less of a concern if herb was legal and cheap. still, i still say that for what it does to you and for you (for example reminding you who you really are as well as stimulating creativity, friendliness, and general clarity) against what it costs - especially if used with a very efficient vaporizer like the PD - it's still an incredible value.

jeffp,

aterphasma

I've also noticed that a bowl, once it's getting really toward the end, will tend to drop little crumbs down into the PD if anything is jostled or tapped. I've actually started hitting my PD at a slight upward angle at all times so that I don't get any crumbs that drop into the heat exchanger. It's not so much the waste for me as I don't want my PD to smell like anything but warm wood and beeswax. :D

aterphasma,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I still use a coffee grinder. But don't do it if you are already fucked up...too easy to overdo it and turn that shit into dust!

stickstones,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Hennessy1414 said:
...at the end of a session all you need to do is unplug your wood..turn it upside down, and give it a nice spanking. Shake that fucker out like it owes you money :goon:...
I think Hennessy put it best :lol:

sneezyjesus,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hennessy1414 wrote:
Shake that fucker out like it owes you money ...
Agreed he put it best... That quote has crossed my mind a few times since originally reading it and always makes me laugh ;) Thanks Hennessy!

Lo,

DJDIZZY

I am sorry if this is the wrong thread or been said before.

Can't find where the T-Shirts post was for The Vapor Zone that Tom was doing, but a thread I saw this morning made me laugh that would be a funny addition to the shirt. Put on a pocket or on the back have "Got Wood?" with a picture of the PD above it :D

EDIT: oops, see it in the vapor lounge, mods feel free to move if needed...

DJDIZZY,

Lo

hehe... I think the t-shirt thread is in the Lounge - On a side note, I got a shipping notice today that my T has been shipped - Wheeeee!!!

Thanks!!!

Lo,

tomitface

i got a question. now i know that this question is mainly based upon the type of herb used but generally speaking...does anybody notice tar formation or any nasty junk that shouldn't be in your lungs forming on the PD tubes?

tomitface,

tomitface

stickstones said:
henny loves that shit, tomitface...you must be a heavy user that doesn't use the ISO much.
huh?? im just very health conscious with a mind full of questions. you smell me?

tomitface,

DJDIZZY

tomitface said:
stickstones said:
henny loves that shit, tomitface...you must be a heavy user that doesn't use the ISO much.
huh?? im just very health conscious with a mind full of questions. you smell me?
What he is saying is that those that soak their tubes weekly or use the PD less frequently dont develop that stuff in the tubes as quickly. I get it in my PD tubes, on my DBV wand and tubes, etc....

Soak that shit ISO and after a few cleanings (if you save your iso) let it evaporate on a plate for some sticky icky goodness!

Yes that stuff is going into your lungs but it is waaaayyyyy less harmful for you than combusting.

DJDIZZY,

lwien

tomitface said:
i got a question. now i know that this question is mainly based upon the type of herb used but generally speaking...does anybody notice tar formation or any nasty junk that shouldn't be in your lungs forming on the PD tubes?
Nope. But if I did, it wouldn't be tar formations or any other kind of nasty junk, but rather some tasty good resin that can be harvested thru an iso wash and then vaped or smoked. VERY potent.

lwien,

digglover

Hi Everyone,
I just sent an email to Tom and Pammy about this but was interested in your thoughts as well...

I lent my PD to a friend for a couple weeks and when I got it back it wasn't heating up. I bought 3 plugs (Part 10081) from Jameco assuming he had ruined the power adapter. Well today I got them and tried two of them on a confirmed working outlet and NO HEAT! Shit.

Is it probably that the jack on the PD is broken? If so I see no visible damage... But I suppose it could still be it? Any other thoughts?

I can't test it with the car charger at this point but I have tested it with 3 Jameco plugs (2 Brand new and 1 original) so that seems to remove a bad power adapter from the equation.

EDIT: Just got an email back. Looks like it is the jack like I suspected. Damn :(

digglover,

indigal

Amongst the corn
DJDIZZY said:
tomitface said:
stickstones said:
What he is saying is that those that soak their tubes weekly or use the PD less frequently dont develop that stuff in the tubes as quickly. I get it in my PD tubes, on my DBV wand and tubes, etc....

Soak that shit ISO and after a few cleanings (if you save your iso) let it evaporate on a plate for some sticky icky goodness!

Yes that stuff is going into your lungs but it is waaaayyyyy less harmful for you than combusting.
I like using Everclear to clean my Iolite stems, and when my turn is up for my PD, I will use it on the tubes too. Enhanced Everclear makes the best addition to a cocktail for a very potent tipple.

5 weeks into my wait on the figured walnut PD. It will be a good Thanksgiving when it gets here!

indigal,

willywagtail

what about the second stem, bowl up that time?

lwien said:
catlady said:
i'm curious... why isn't there a little screen down the hole on the PD so the herb doesn't fall in and burn?
My thought is that airflow is restricted enough with the small bowl. A screen would just make it worse.

I've had my PD for about 6 months now and I've never gotten one single spec of herb in my PD. But then I never put a freshly loaded stem, bowl down, into my PD. Always bowl up on the first hit.

willywagtail,

manchild

Vapourist
This is a question for any Australian PD owners.

I know we have pretty strict quarantine laws regarding the importation of wood based products over here. Though i don't know any more than what i've seen on tv. Tried a little google search on the laws but it's real confusing stuff, complicated jargon, why can't they use plain english!

Anyway, has anyone had any issues with their PD getting through customs or does anyone know if it could be an issue? I've never had a problem with any MJ related item getting thru, it's just that this would be seen as a wood product which is a whole different kettle of fish.

manchild,

Qbit

cannabanana
manchild said:
This is a question for any Australian PD owners.

I know we have pretty strict quarantine laws regarding the importation of wood based products over here. Though i don't know any more than what i've seen on tv. Tried a little google search on the laws but it's real confusing stuff, complicated jargon, why can't they use plain english!

Anyway, has anyone had any issues with their PD getting through customs or does anyone know if it could be an issue? I've never had a problem with any MJ related item getting thru, it's just that this would be seen as a wood product which is a whole different kettle of fish.
Well I had no problem. In fact the thing left Tom & Pammy's on a Thursday (Oz time) and got to me here in Melbourne by the next Tuesday (!). Of course that was only once it had been built.

And I haven't heard of any other Australian FCers having difficulties with the import either. I don't think customs has any issue with well-finished non-porous wood (as long as it isn't an endangered species or something). It's clearly a properly crafted electric device, not a cheap bamboo trinket.

Qbit,

manchild

Vapourist
Nice one Qbit, thanks. :)

I've seen too much Border Security i think.

ninja edit: Ordered mine 3 weeks ago. Yeeeha!

manchild,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Tom, would it be ok to use burts bees honey lip stuff on my pd as a substitute, since you cut us canadians off?

MrMistyTokes,

Lo

I actually import/sell funky women's sandals with springs that are made in Spain from a pine wood base. I regularly send shoes to Australia and have never had a problem with Customs not letting them through - have shipped them there for over 4 years without incident :)

Hope your PD arrives down under without incident as well!! Good luck!

Lo,

manchild

Vapourist
Thanks lo! That's very reassuring.

Not that i was that worried anyway, considering there are already quite a few PDers in Aus already.

Hmmm wooden sandals with springs!?! I'm intrigued.

manchild,

Purple-Days

MrMistyTokes, we have not cut off Canadians. PDs are still available to Canadians through VapeNow. All accessories are also available, to Canadians, tubes, Billy-bowls, T-Shirts, Buzz-Butter etc... But, we would need to get shipping costs (based on what you ordered, weight etc.) and this would needa custom checkout. That requires an e-mail to Pammy and just ask.

As to the Burt's products. I have seen vids of their factory, beautiful, clean, and worker quotas that would make me want to kill the guy watching the cameras, making sure I didn't stop to scratch or yawn. They also use bleached bees wax. Wouldn't want any of that nasty, flowery bees wax smell. So sure Burt's would work, but I won't buy their products.

OK here is the official Purple-Days stance on International PD sales. No More. We are done selling to places outside North America. All PDs will be sold through Vapenow and they will only be selling to USA and Canada.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom