Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

sickmanfraud

Sorry for the back to back posts, but it is too late to edit my last post and I have another question / comment.

If all the versions are the same except for the name, why does the TV version have 8 heat settings"

I am not saying that I would pay extra for 4 more heat settings, just they were not all 100 % same.

sickmanfraud,

sickmanfraud

The available temps are 338, 356, 374, and 410. Holding down the button for 3 seconds bumps those up to 343, 361, 379, and 415.

Can anyone say definitively that is what TV is doing when they list 8 temps while everyone else says 4?

That sure does not sound "respectable" or perhaps even "honest".

sickmanfraud,

GEED

Gaseouser
TV U720 is EDIT C, W Fenix etc. rebrands, they all the same. Some manuals are revamped for a better read, so as marketing for better sales. 8 temp is the 4 base temp plus advanced mode - which is detailed back in this thread around page 13, it is just a better sounding selling point. But I found the same exact board in at least two rebrands, so clearly the differences are aesthetic exclusively. NOT worth hundreds of dollars, period.

Last edited:

Break down the price on any vaporizer, or anything for that matter. The sum is greater than its parts.

What at the $100 price point do you think outclasses the Fenix? I own 20 vaporizers at the moment and as far as electrics goes the Fenix is easily the best value to dollar ratio even up to $100. Think about the market, most everything $100 or under is/are rinky dink PRC conduction vapes. I'd grab a fenix over the flowermates, xmax's ect any day of the week and definitely suggest it before those or comparable units.

Greenfinger53

I was starting to think I had gone mad for suggesting this might still be good value for money at the higher end of the budget vapes. It is much better to use than my Xmax v2 which people happily pay £70 for in the form of a Storm vape.

GEED

Gaseouser
Everything is worth what you can sell it for. The question was about the value, and a manufacture/wholesale/retail ratio is considered healthy -or worthy- up to 500%, plus a vendor's profit up to a 100 %. So you got a 5 dollar product sold for wholesale in larger quantities for $25, than you got a retailer who finalize the price for $50. Barely, but still a healthy value, however a $100 is greed and hunger. Soon this company will have a strong competition (I speak from facts), their prices will drop, and your current "value" will be well obsolete. In fact, every vaporizer still a unique personal appliance, with a restricted market and buyers got used to the fact, that vaping is expensive - while it doesn't have to be. Besides, Fenix have a new approach for a vaping method in design, however it still is in its baby cot. It does have a faint robot taste, it does not have glass airpath, it is not ISO friendly for cleaning, it has a built in battery which is also crap quality, so tell me more about value.. No offence, but I rebel. Soon be vape heaven :D

danald2000

agreed greenfinger. Gibarian you seem to be talking in philosophy and economiv terms. I do not disagree with you because most of it goes way over my head, but I also would like to say that the Fenix is the cheapest option for a battery powered mostly convection vape. While it may not be "healthy" or "good value" but i do believe that right now it is a vape I would recommend due to the performance for the price at $100; hell i got mine for $36 and I would buy it again at $100.

danald2000,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Radiocitysuicide

Everything is worth what you can sell it for. The question was about the value, and a manufacture/wholesale/retail ratio is considered healthy -or worthy- up to 500%, plus a vendor's profit up to a 100 %. So you got a 5 dollar product sold for wholesale in larger quantities for $25, than you got a retailer who finalize the price for $50. Barely, but still a healthy value, however a $100 is greed and hunger. Soon this company will have a strong competition (I speak from facts), their prices will drop, and your current "value" will be well obsolete. In fact, every vaporizer still a unique personal appliance, with a restricted market and buyers got used to the fact, that vaping is expensive - while it doesn't have to be. Besides, Fenix have a new approach for a vaping method in design, however it still is in its baby cot. It does have a faint robot taste, it does not have glass airpath, it is not ISO friendly for cleaning, it has a built in battery which is also crap quality, so tell me more about value.. No offence, but I rebel. Soon be vape heaven :D

Why is it not ISO friendly for cleaning? I've cleaned it with ISO without issue.

Radiocitysuicide,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

GEED

Gaseouser
Why is it not ISO friendly
I am "protesting" for a full ISO bath friendly airpath, where you take out every bit you need to clean, and drop it in ISO to reclaim and restore. Not a rocket science, but still no companies wanting to understand demand. I have very high hopes ATM for one particular manufacturer, they are working on exactly what described. Their conduction portable vape is just to be released to the market, and in fact it boasts way more sophisticated design, than any current "vapesaurus". New video tomorrow morning (as of UK), and your dream-vape is well on its way, trust me. Price-wise, health should not be a luxury, 100$ is a lot of money, but if you feel that the few months of service worth it - than it is probably a bargain. However it will restrict both the evolution of these things, and the popularity too.

Vape Dr.

Why so confrontational @Gibarian?

It seems that everyone else but you enjoys the fenix very much, as do I. There is no "robot fart" taste, the Fenix is a fantastic low temp extremely tasty vaporizer.

The fenix is as ISO friendly as a crafty, mighty, flowermate, boundless, Air, alfa, pax, prima, Ascent, etc, etc, etc...which people are paying $200-$300 plus for and just as healthy if not more. The heating chamber is very much ISO friendly when cleaning.

There is no better bang for your buck than the fenix IMO.

Also take the 25% FC discount they offer us and there is no other vape on the market that comes close to comparison at $75.

We all know it doesn't cost $75 to make and they are making a profit. Do you really expect them to sell the fenix at cost? Even when it performs as well or better than vapes 3 or 4 times its price?

Seems to me Weecke is doing the opposite of "price gouging" by giving 25% off and selling it for $75 instead of $100 which it is still worth.

You obviously have a personal vendetta against the fenix or for that matter any company that dares to make a profit from their vapes.

So please I implore you to design and make a vaporizer that works and works well, package it up and sell it to us at cost.
This seems to be your logic.:hmm:

Vape Dr.,

GEED

Gaseouser
Why so annoyed by criticism @Vape Dr. ? Please keep it non-personal, professional and fun. Some are happy with the picture, others interested in the pixels. Since I took apart the very first (Chinese) vaporizer - only to get a shock how not they care of us, buyers, and rather just hide incompatible flaws than overcome real technological challenges of building an electrical high heat environment capable for direct inhalation - I have a cause which I found worthy to sacrifice time and energy. As this forum has grown to the "Wapepedia" of the subject, a certain disgust did also unfold in me towards the extreme tendencies of overpricing. Many (most) of the designers seem to have no other intent in this business, than accumulate fast profit by exploiting a restrained market. While claiming or criticise I tend not to be confrontational at all (@nondarb is, lol, he mostly quotes me to confront - though I actually like his well considered posts).
I also try to back up everything I say, though a robot taste would be hard to visualize. What I considered completely neutral, is my Cloud EVO, the Fenix is fetched pretty far from that, even though it is way more nonfart, than for example Titan 2 (thats a lol). EVO is also, what I consider ISO friendly (not only the vaporpath, but airpath). So as Xmax, and Imag, and many of those alumina ceramic bowl units (with confirmed sealed electronics), where ISO dripping inside only to evaporate. In Fenix it goes straight on the heater, which wouldn't be an issue, but rubber isolator is, so as the pressure sensor on the end of the airway. I also like to reclaim whatever is soluable in the vaporpath - and it is glass, ceramic, certain plastics and metals I trust. But mostly glass.
I tend to think your problem with me is that your thread got removed as per forum rules, now you pull a trigger against me, as I was the one who first pointed at your wrong decision. You could have just asked a mod before duplicating a topic, to avoid disappointment. Your strong promotion of one specific vendor in the US makes me question your somewhat symphatetic enthusiasm for this vape though, which I enjoy very much, just as everyone else here do. What disgust me however, that the price they (Weecke and Novel) still offered in September, just got more than doubled due some increasing demand. It is not a rocket science to overcome problems with pricing and distribution - its called minimum order quantity. So both sellers and individual customers got their prices right from the beginning. However this "Novel" company just grown fins and jaws when saw some demand. While I admit a few valid point in your comment, please also remember, that your $75 advert is a US thing only, Canadians and EU are still asked to drop half an arm and a leg for this device. And yes, there is a better bang for your bucks, if you consider worldwide - or you consider price/value ratio. From a hundred I rather go up to hundred-odd for an Arizer Air with glass vaporpath, or similar. And yes, I do build and design - amongst many precision appliances for food industry - vaporizers (well, parts at least) also for myself - however I am here as an individual for fun, might consider an approved manufacturer membership here once I decide to get into merch. But considering the extremities of the accessible machinery and resources in China I could barely produce one under 10 bucks.

Do you really expect them to sell the fenix at cost?
You can answer this yourself, if you read my comments. Nm. 584.

Last edited:

GEED

Gaseouser
no reason to pay extra for a basic decent device.
Exactly. Fenix -as a "pack of hybrid portables leader" currently- does worth some $70 on our end, but that is only today, till the first competitor arrives tomorrow. Value is what should match need. I prefer to keep all parties happy in a fair deal.

uhranium

someone order just 50 of em for 45$ and let's get over it.

btw in the start of the topic it says 400 charcing cycles but in the manual it says 300. We will see how soon this thing craps out.

uhranium,
Reactions: rozroz

sickmanfraud

someone order just 50 of em for 45$ and let's get over it.

btw in the start of the topic it says 400 charging cycles but in the manual it says 300. We will see how soon this thing craps out.

300 cycles. Someone who empties the battery every day will have it crap out in 1 year. A medical user may recharge multiple times.

So this is a disposable vape.

At this stage of battery development any portable vape that does not have replaceable 18650s will have to be bought by others.

sickmanfraud,

kimura

I am having an "emperor's new clothes" moment with this vape. I don't find the taste to be that great at all. There are plastic undertones and I start to get that old familiar roasty conduction vape flavor after the first few draws. I have to disagree with marketing this thing even as a "mostly" convection device. the first few draws, ok. after that? it acts as an oven. I stop when I can't stand the flavor anymore, and the AVB comes out way darker than it should if it were mostly convection, and it's still oily. and I can toss the "spent" load in a real convection vape and still blow clouds.

GEED

Gaseouser
lol that person leaving one dislike under all my videos on YT right after replying to Vape Dr.'s rant here :D Vendetta is it? hahhahhaha dude...

GEED,
Top Bottom