Punctuation and grammar on FC

lwien

You did explain it. Thank you, and yes I agree that with correct punctuation, it does make it easier to read when not using caps.

lwien,

fidget

and as far as spleilng geos it deonst rlealy mteatr whcih odrer we deicde to put the lerttes as lnog as we get the frsit and lsat in the rghit plcaes.

fidget,

2Supra4U

fidget said:
and as far as spleilng geos it deonst rlealy mteatr whcih odrer we deicde to put the lerttes as lnog as we get the frsit and lsat in the rghit plcaes.

I have no issues reading anything like that lol

i just have problems when words are all over the place and you cant really understand the point they are making

2Supra4U,

lwien

Just read the forum rules. Interesting. Here's one of the rules that I thought would be apropos for this thread:

"Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium. Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members."

lwien,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
lwien said:
Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members.

It's a good thing this is qualified with "other members" because we certainly have plenty of our own jargon here that is incomprehensible to non-FCers. <--- e.g.

pakalolo,

2clicker

Observer
pakalolo said:
lwien said:
Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members.

It's a good thing this is qualified with "other members" because we certainly have plenty of our own jargon here that is incomprehensible to non-FCers. <--- e.g.

my point exactly :D

common sense eh?
tired-yawn.jpg

2clicker,

Egzoset

Banned
Common sense dictates that it is safer to cross the street at a corner when the light is green, it is also safer to follow the circulation flow on a one-way street... At 4:30 am with no life in a 1000' feet perimeter it may be relatively safe to do almost anything if it's not foolish, even when that's not coded by law. Judgment allows us to survive most of the time but there are other times when accidents seem innevitable!

Egzoset,
Top Bottom