PUFFiT portable

dudeeitsbrian

Interesting. I guess I don't see how a guy can make such a definitive statement about units he's never seen and people he doesn't know.

Why is it I should trust that judgement (speculation?) more than the statements posters are making that theirs got actually better? I doubt that many folks are making it up......

If this is indeed silicone rubber outgassing (which it seems it is?) this is a known condition and known to improve. I know from personal experience with DaVinci the 'mystery vapors' and taste got better there......

OF
speculation.... i'm sure every user on this thread reporting disgusting outgassing from their puffit must just be "speculating" too, am i right?

i'm sure the user who just posted above me who explained that the taste didn't really go away, and that he had just gotten used to it was just outright lying, right?

for being so smart (like you act), you are really ignorant...

that's alright, survival of the fittest as they say, if you inhale some disgusting plasticy tasting gas and think thats ok then quite frankly you deserve whats coming to ya ;)

edit: i've literally been trying to find one good review of this vape, and other than one user who posted on this thread saying they don't have the horrible flavor, i have seen nothing. no user created videos of the puffit, only videos created by people who were given a puffit to review and make look good, and they never even draw off the device in any of those videos.

finally:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

speculation.... i'm sure every user on this thread reporting disgusting outgassing from their puffit must just be "speculating" too, am i right?

i'm sure the user who just posted above me who explained that the taste didn't really go away, and that he had just gotten used to it was just outright lying, right?

that's alright, survival of the fittest as they say, if you inhale some disgusting plasticy tasting gas and think thats ok then quite frankly you deserve whats coming to ya ;)

Hey Now!

Mr. OF by no means should ever be called ignorant.

He has more insight and knowledge then any other member here. (Just look at his message count)

If VisiblyVaped would of elaborated more on his post like i did.

Then OF probably wouldn't of commented the way he did.

He is just protecting the new posters from reading a post that might prevent them from purchasing.

There is no need to bash a company's product into extinction.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Reactions: OF

dudeeitsbrian

Hey Now!

Mr. OF by no means should ever be called ignorant.

He has more insight and knowledge then any other member here. (Just look at his message count)

If VisiblyVaped would of elaborated more on his post like i did.

Then OF probably wouldn't of commented the way he did.

He is just protecting the new posters from reading a post that might stop them from purchasing.
it is very ignorant to suggest that a disgusting platic taste is normal and that the user should just expect it to go away with time. obviously he knows something about vapes, clearly he knows nothing about health.

mode note: The rule here is: No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Calling another member ignorant is flaming. Any further posts along this line will get you an infraction.

dudeeitsbrian,

OF

So just to see if i got used to the taste. I went back to using one of my iolites for a full week.

Then when i went back to the Puffit i got smacked in the face by the smell and taste again.

IMO i think its the type of silicone they used. Not that it wasn't cured properly.

OK are you saying it was no better after use, or just not good enough for you?

We've all experienced painted rooms, new carpeting, that 'new car smell' and fine perfume on lovely women. Well at least most of have I guess. All lessened over time to the delight of most, although the last two might be considered a loss. We're not talking about a roommate that really needs a shower or ill winds from the local slaughter house or sewage treatment plant here (where fresh 'nasty stuff' is being made in real time). The very fact you can smell it says it's evaporating off and leaving for parts unknown. The new cars smell goes away, unfortunately the woman is just as likely to and even if she doesn't she'll need a fresh application of perfume to maintain the smell.

It would seem some don't understand what curing is all about. The process of curing leaves catalysts behind, some of them volatile that therefore have to go somewhere else. Just like the tennis shoes Stu points to, the smell goes away as that happens over time at a rate determined by heat (and pressure). In addition to being 'common sense' it's also literally 'rocket science'. NASA did a lot of research in the area, amongst lots of other serious science types. Do a web search on the topic, no need to guess.

And it's hard to get around the experience with DV. Here we have objective evidence (you can see the fumes diminish over time) and subjective observations (guys say it's no longer an issue).

I don't doubt there are unhappy customers with this product. Readers have to decide for themselves if such guys are giving the issue a proper 'airing out' or not. But accusing those who find it's getting better for them of being delusional out of hand I don't think cuts it.

OF

it is very ignorant to suggest that a disgusting platic taste is normal and that the user should just expect it to go away with time. obviously he knows something about vapes, clearly he knows nothing about health.

And you're an expert on the toxic nature of food safe silicone rubber?

Show me. It's 'put up or shut up time'. Please show me the health risks, TIA.

And please don't put words in my mouth. I never said "the user should just expect it to go away with time", did I? Rather I said saying that it doesn't is not logical or factual. It will, and that's a fact. Each guy gets to decide if that's OK for them.

OF

mod note: Back-to-back posts, merged. Please use the Edit button, thanks.

OF,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

We were all informed from the manufacturer that the smell/taste should go away due to the silicone not being cured.

Also some members who received them earlier than others also claimed that the taste went away.

I'm not the only one who would agree that OF knows what he is talking about.

His only flaw to my knowledge is that he trusts people's word.

I for one trust no one.

That is probably why i keep buying vaporizers.

I just have to find out for myself how they really are.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

dudeeitsbrian

But accusing those who find it's getting better for them of being delusional out of hand I don't think cuts it.

OF
please, quote the post that says "those who find it's getting better for them are delusional".

like i said, survival of the fittest; if you think inhaling plasticy tasting vapor is safe then by all means go right ahead, however if i ever used a portable vaporizor that "left a plasticy flavor that coated my mouth", i would get a warranty exchange then sell it, or attempt to outright return it, end of conversation.

dudeeitsbrian,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

please, quote the post that says "those who find it's getting better for them are delusional".

like i said, survival of the fittest; if you think inhaling plasticy tasting vapor is safe then by all means go right ahead, however if i ever used a portable vaporizor that "left a plasticy flavor that coated my mouth", i would get a warranty exchange then sell it, or attempt to outright return it, end of conversation.

Right now I'm waiting for a warranty exchange from GV.

If the new one still smells the same.

I wont even try it.

I will sell it and would be happy to get $100 for it.

Since i only paid $109.00

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

OF

Sure, I said it. Right above, and you know it. I'd be quoting myself, not saying you said it. There's a BIG difference, right? I'm the one that characterized it that way, and I stand behind it.

But this is all by way if distraction. Back on topic, please. Show me where I said what you claim I did? Show me the health risks of food safe silicone rubber.

I thought the point was my ignorance of the (real) health threats? You seem to have backed away from that some, which I guess will have to suffice.

Thanks.

I'm not the only one who would agree that OF knows what he is talking about.

His only flaw to my knowledge is that he trusts people's word.

I for one trust no one.

That is probably why i keep buying vaporizers.

I just have to find out for myself how they really are.

Thanks, CSW. I gotta agree, it's a flaw for sure. Part of my upbringing no doubt. Golden Rule, 'benefit of the doubt', 'better a dozen guilty men go free' and all that old fashioned Pollyanna stuff.

Sadly, it's far from my only flaw (and I'm not talking about how I putt). But I do try to be careful with 'facts', and will stand behind and to the best I can back up what I say.

As to having a more subjective view on things, I applaud yours. First hand objective experience is about as solid as it gets. "Good on ya" as they say down where it flushes the other way.

OF

OF,

OF

What!? :hmm:

You mean when they flush in Oz, it comes back up out of the toilet?

Naw, was poking some fun with the Urban Legend about drains in the Southern hemisphere swirling the opposite from the Northern. It's not so, although I do confess testing it (repeatedly....) once in Sidney.

And, crude as it sounds, I did once sail on an old Chinese river cruse ship where it did come back up, both into the tub and the 'porcelain convenience'. Not pretty. Nor recommended. This was on the top level, scares me to think what the folks down in fourth class were getting......

OF

OF,

VisiblyVaped

Interesting. I guess I don't see how a guy can make such a definitive statement about units he's never seen and people he doesn't know.

Why is it I should trust that judgement (speculation?) more than the statements posters are making that theirs got actually better? I doubt that many folks are making it up......

If this is indeed silicone rubber outgassing (which it seems it is?) this is a known condition and known to improve. I know from personal experience with DaVinci the 'mystery vapors' and taste got better there......

OF
Maybe because others have stated that exact thing a few pages back. That's not my opinion or judgement.

Edit: Will avoid flaming and harassing. You may be a well informed, well known member here.....but you could stand to rephrase things. I had no issue with you, and was informing the potential buyer about EVERYTHING I've experienced and/or read in this thread.
No speculation buddy

VisiblyVaped,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
the second generation silicone ring or oven isolation bushing appears to be a differant composition. It a solid white and no odor when cold. I will install later with new vapor tube, heat em up and see how it goes.

Just thought I would throw that out there

BoxofRock,

VisiblyVaped

the second generation silicone ring or oven isolation bushing appears to be a differant composition. It a solid white and no odor when cold. I will install later with new vapor tube, heat em up and see how it goes.

Just thought I would throw that out there
I knew it wasn't the curing or de-gassing as much as it was a change in vendors.....

VisiblyVaped,

dudeeitsbrian

Sure, I said it. Right above, and you know it. I'd be quoting myself, not saying you said it. There's a BIG difference, right? I'm the one that characterized it that way, and I stand behind it.

But this is all by way if distraction. Back on topic, please. Show me where I said what you claim I did? Show me the health risks of food safe silicone rubber.

I thought the point was my ignorance of the (real) health threats? You seem to have backed away from that some, which I guess will have to suffice.
Thanks.
i haven't backed away from anything, i've just decided i don't want to argue with some ego-fanatic who thinks he knows everything :)

by the way, have you any idea what "food safe" (actually "food grade") silicone is? it means its safe for use with foods (storage, etc), not safe to heat up to 400 degrees and inhale whatever vapors might come off of it.

mod note: You were cautioned, now you get an infraction. No flaming.

dudeeitsbrian,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair

edit: i've literally been trying to find one good review of this vape, and other than one user who posted on this thread saying they don't have the horrible flavor, i have seen nothing. no user created videos of the puffit, only videos created by people who were given a puffit to review and make look good, and they never even draw off the device in any of those videos.

finally:
I guess you did not see my user created video review of the Puffit. My Puffit was neither given to me nor do I work for anyone even closely related to a manufacturer or distributor. I was one of the very first to get mine and complained immediately about the taste. My review was fair and unbiased. I have also posted (sorry no video for the reading impaired) that the taste is completely gone. I have a T1, the cleanest vaporizer as far as pure essence flavor IMO, and I also know my taste buds.

I read this thread all the time, and I hate to see so many people having a hard time with this unit. I have good battery life, good clouds and no nasty taste whatsoever.

OF has been on this thread a long time, and speaks from experience from testing hundreds of vaporizers. In my life I have found that those that are claiming ignorance from others are trying to hide their own. The ignorant man attacks and belittles, the wise man listens and learns.

Before posting a bunch of hooey, do the research that you say you did (my review is also on youtube), and stop attacking others on this thread.

We now return to our regularly scheduled discussion.

Dogman,

OF

by the way, have you any idea what "food safe" (actually "food grade") silicone is? it means its safe for use with foods (storage, etc), not safe to heat up to 400 degrees and inhale whatever vapors might come off of it.

No, actually it's often called "food safe" in FPE (basically what we're dealing with here), like molds for candy making and other stuff. And Baking. And yes, it does go to 400 F:
http://www.smooth-on.com/faq_display.php?faq_id=53

I'm sincerely surprised yours went away, unless its different silicone. I cant imagine such a strong smell/taste ever dissipating.

It can actually be a 'funny curve' in such cases. Consider the nasty stuff is loose molecules stuck in the mass of jumbled rubber molecules, the stuff near the surface can easily (and quickly) get out so levels of gas are high at first (relatively). In some cases, liquid catalyst actually collects on the surface from the heat of curing. Given enough heat and ventilation it can 'go away' pretty quick, taking lots of the smell with it. However, deeper down, the levels are still high and moving upward toward the surface (at least some are). Over time, this effect gets less, the path out longer and more 'wrong ways' to go that lead deeper or out some other surface than the one we're concerned with. In reality, it probably never stops, it's still detectable with careful measurement long after we've lost interest (like the ability to find Cocaine on the money in your wallet, officially at 3 bills in 4 for those of us who live in the 9th Circuit Court area.....).

The usual way of dealing with it is overkill. Long times 'airing out' at elevated temperatures and sometimes vacuum. AFAIK 'they all stink' when fresh enough.

Also tied up is the big variable of real human noses, and the real humans they're attached to. Smell can be extremely sensitive in some folks, while some of us are 'smell deaf'. By actual tests this is often 'four or more orders of magnitude' that is some guys can detect smells 10,000 times as thin as others.

But it is a fixed amount in there. Everything you smell today, you can't tomorrow. The curve has to go down, even if it's at a snail's pace. Some will wait it out. Some will give up and move on. Some will die waiting.....but I doubt from the nasty stuff stinking up the session.

OF

OF,

VisiblyVaped

I'm sincerely surprised yours went away, unless its different silicone. I cant imagine such a strong smell/taste ever dissipating.

VisiblyVaped,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
funny you should say that. I put ver.2 silicone in and its a mixed bag. Out of the bag there was no odor and there is still cold odor on the old one. First toast and there is still plastic on the third draw and throughout thereafter. If you have follower my posts (bitching acually) the plastic was a nasty nasty affair. I can see how this new taste could dissipate. Its there but not the coating yuck it was before. Its only ment to fill a gap in meds and its mild delivery is spot on. It is what it is, its got plastic in the airstream. It will be the best thing since sliced bread at 3am with no power, no coffee, no heat and have to trudge through the snow to start the generator to begin life on a desolate morning.

BoxofRock,

VisiblyVaped

funny you should say that. I put ver.2 silicone in and its a mixed bag. Out of the bag there was no odor and there is still cold odor on the old one. First toast and there is still plastic on the third draw and throughout thereafter. If you have follower my posts (bitching acually) the plastic was a nasty nasty affair. I can see how this new taste could dissipate. Its there but not the coating yuck it was before. Its only ment to fill a gap in meds and its mild delivery is spot on. It is what it is, its got plastic in the airstream. It will be the best thing since sliced bread at 3am with no power, no coffee, no heat and have to trudge through the snow to start the generator to begin life on a desolate morning.
I could see a light plastic taste going away but not the thick, snorkel tasting, coating of the mouth taste. No fix for that

VisiblyVaped,

inkoso

When some users say its gone, just means they got used to it

not true. I cleaned mine, and the taste subsided. It didn't go away, but it wasn't nearly as bad, and i'm fairly confident that after some heavy use, the plastic taste would have gone away.

inkoso,

donald420

not true. I cleaned mine, and the taste subsided. It didn't go away, but it wasn't nearly as bad, and i'm fairly confident that after some heavy use, the plastic taste would have gone away.

What do you think of the device reckon its worth it if theres no plastic taste? Does it get the job done?

Hey donald420 ,
It sounds like you're just looking for re-affirmation of your decision to " Want " to buy this .
You're looking for fellow members/owners to say " Yes , go for it buddy . "

I have not seen that response for you .:doh:

Vaping is awesome .
And I would hate to lose a future vaporist because they chose the wrong First Vape . imo
Experimenting on less than ideal units can turn you right off from vaping . imo

P.S. I'm known as the " Version 2+ " guy . Sometimes first versions have kinks to work out .

So are you saying its shit and not 2 bother? What there no plastic taste?

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts. Posts merged.

donald420,

Jenny

VapeGirl
I went MIA for a couple of days since I joined and so much has happened in this forum. But I do have to say, I am fully starting to enjoy the puffit, I am currently using it this moment with some keif in the middle, and I am getting some nice clouds after the first draw. I have also cleaned it twice and still kind of taste the funk but it's not bothersome to where I can't use it.

Someone had asked me to review the puffit on instagram and I directed him this way to the forum so he can get more of a broader review on it. If I wasn't such a wuss I'd do a video review so I can show the nice clouds I CAN get, but it's not constant, sometimes if I vaped the herb to much I won't get any vapor but I can still taste it and I do get medicated. I also revape the ABV with volcano when Ive collected enough. I enjoy having the puffit in my collection.

Biggest pet peeves include how hot unit becomes after some use, how hard it is to take the mouthpiece off, when I take the cap off the herb chamber the herb always comes out the top, tried using a screen but thats just annoying. And sometimes I can't tell orange from red in certain light

Jenny,

bigtvapes

1) This company is shady as all hell. I tried contacting them initially through the conversations here then at their email address. At first they are great, "Yeah we'll help you just ship it back here or we'll send you the new silicone ring if you take full responsibility if you break it". Not really keen on shipping it back to Hong Kong and waiting until god knows when to maybe get it back one day, I opted for the latter option. When I gave them my address and everything... nothing. I've emailed them repeatedly just to see if anything's on the way. Nothing. It's been a full week now since I last heard anything at all from them. Maybe they sent something, but if they did why wouldn't one of their customer service people just tell me that in an email. "We sent the part you'll need, it'll be there in 7-10 days, blahblah blah". Nope... they just cut off communication.

2) Taste: My taste is no where near what it was. I've now given it five really great cleanings and it's definitely subsided since the first usage. It's still very plasticy. The taste is there. It's ever present. Anyone who uses it says they taste it.

3) This thing is not a great vape. It's ultra stealth and convenient, but it's got this tiny airway with no real flow behind it. Its hard to get really great hits on this thing. I know people say they do. And I'm not here to call people a liar. If anything I believe you because these things are so inconsistent from a manufacturing standpoint you might have gotten the Golden Puffit that actually does what it's supposed to do.

This isn't a gutshot review or opinion. I've had this thing for weeks. It's just not a good vape. It's stealthy, but thats all it really has going for it in my opinion any more. It takes garbage hits. I thought it was me but I've now used a couple other vapes and never had a problem.

mod note: You present no real evidence for a "shady" operation or way of doing business. Please review the 'Be Nice' section of the rules and keep that in mind when commenting on manufacturers.

bigtvapes,
Top Bottom