PUFFiT portable

inkoso

So I ordered my puffit on wednesday and it came in on friday. I've spent some time with it to give some initial reactions. First of all there was a plastic taste but it was faint and it's going away quickly. The clear mouth pieces are very fragile and difficult to remove.. I broke one the first day I had it. Also the battery has been frustrating. This can be because it's breaking in but it seems like I'll be waiting for it to charge pretty regularly.

Another thing I noticed is that there are no vapor clouds (could be breaking in) but I can feel the heat of the vapor and can taste it. Lastly it was pretty effective for me but I don't vape constantly.

More to come as it breaks in (hopefully),
SB

Keep trying to go slower is my advice. Also, if you hold the hit in for very long, the cloud may disappear since it is already pretty light.

Can't wait for my replacement to get here, they said mine should be coming on tuesday or wednesday. I'll keep FC updated, but as of right now the puffit still has my endorsement, and i would recommend it to someone in need of a stealthy vape.

inkoso,

donald420

If you ask a specific question, I'll answer, I just can't give you an overview as my true opinion won't be formed till my new batch version of the puffit arrives.
Regarding use, design, vapor, etc...ask away.

I'm medicated, so summarize though. No 20 questions here :)

Haha sweet as bro. From ur experience would u recommend 1? And does it eeally matter if u cNt see any clouds? As long long as it u baked im happy. Also does the first batch have the battery indicator ? The reason i cant read the pages is because im buying it from someone so have to let him know like now haha.
Thanks

donald420,

VisiblyVaped

The battery indicator is useless. You can get a bit of visible vapor on the highest setting with a tight pack.
Youll feel it regardless, and can taste/feel the heat and vapor. Sometimes seeing it is all in the lighting. There's no doubt it can medicate you nicely.
However, until I receive mine with a working indicator and a taste that isn't so horrendous it causes nausea I cant recommend it. Again, I had the first batch and they were terrible.

Try his first. And keep in mind its been out for like 6 weeks, there has to be a reason he is selling.

With a tight pack on 8, after a few cycles you should get clouds. If it tastes like silicone. dont buy it imo as it wont go away.

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: kingofnull
Yeah I don't know why they even bothered with the battery indicator. It doesn't matter if 100%, 50% or 2% charge remains, it always gives me a green light - even seconds before the device dies.

donald420

The battery indicator is useless. You can get a bit of visible vapor on the highest setting with a tight pack.
Youll feel it regardless, and can taste/feel the heat and vapor. Sometimes seeing it is all in the lighting. There's no doubt it can medicate you nicely.
However, until I receive mine with a working indicator and a taste that isn't so horrendous it causes nausea I cant recommend it. Again, I had the first batch and they were terrible.

Try his first. And keep in mind its been out for like 6 weeks, there has to be a reason he is selling.

With a tight pack on 8, after a few cycles you should get clouds. If it tastes like silicone. dont buy it imo as it wont go away.

sweet as thanks haha. hes selling it because he has a pax now and hasnt used the puffit since he got that, he also said when he first got it you could taste the plastic but now after using it a few times its gone which is good. i dont think he would be lying as he has been very helpful with the puffit and the pax

donald420,

donald420

yeah im guessing it is the first batch.. are you only saying that just because of the plasticy taste factor or are there other reasons 2? and i think ill be paying 50ish bucks cheaper but we havnt organized a final price yet

donald420,

VisiblyVaped

The battery indicator doesn't work and the taste was so bad it made me nauseous and i sent it to GV for replacement

VisiblyVaped,

donald420

Yeah i didnt want it if it tasted like plastic but apparently it doesnt so i guess im just going to have to take his word on that. And that sucks the battery indicator doesnt work properly but meh thats not such a biggie theres always usb ports about i guess aye. As long as it actually works and gets u on a buzz im happy

donald420,

VisiblyVaped

If its a $50 differrence personally, id probably wait and get a second batch puffit and find a coupon code....
But good luck man, hope you enjoy yours

VisiblyVaped,

donald420

Yeah im still waiting for the dude to get back to me So ill have a think. The main reason i want to get it from him is cas hes in the same city sowont have to worry about shipping etc....

donald420,

VisiblyVaped

GV usually has free shipping, thats not an issue. And a free grinder...

And, if its bad, a good warranty department.
For a $50 difference thats what Id do.
Read the last 20 pages youll know why....

Ive bought used items, that's not the concern.....but this particular model is questionable in that regard

Hoping someone else chimes in

VisiblyVaped,
i agree with VisiblyVaped, i got my first batch Puffit and it's awful...the silicone taste is so bad it made me sick, i haven't used it since three days after i got, and after a little mixup with gotvape i finally got my shipping label so i can ship it back. imo, i'd wait a little bit until they get a little bit more stable

MylesImp46,

donald420

yeah but the 1 i can get is 2nd hand so its been used for what 6weeks or so and apparently the plastic taste is gone... so if thats the only problem then i dont see why i should get it? na mean?

donald420,

donald420

surely i can just use his warranty if it breaks? it comes with everything you get when you buy it from the shop so i dont see the difference? right?

donald420,

donald420

That shouldnt be 2 hard i guess. Looks like ill have to takr my chances and go for it and see what its like.
Thanks for all the help

donald420,

donald420

You have a puffit aye? Would u say get 1 if it had no problems like it ititdidnt taste like plastic and tthe battery indicator worked? Just want to hear from someone who has 1

donald420,

OF

When some users say its gone, just means they got used to it

Interesting. I guess I don't see how a guy can make such a definitive statement about units he's never seen and people he doesn't know.

Why is it I should trust that judgement (speculation?) more than the statements posters are making that theirs got actually better? I doubt that many folks are making it up......

If this is indeed silicone rubber outgassing (which it seems it is?) this is a known condition and known to improve. I know from personal experience with DaVinci the 'mystery vapors' and taste got better there......

OF

poonman

Hey donald420 ,
It sounds like you're just looking for re-affirmation of your decision to " Want " to buy this .
You're looking for fellow members/owners to say " Yes , go for it buddy . "

I have not seen that response for you .:doh:

Vaping is awesome .
And I would hate to lose a future vaporist because they chose the wrong First Vape . imo
Experimenting on less than ideal units can turn you right off from vaping . imo

P.S. I'm known as the " Version 2+ " guy . Sometimes first versions have kinks to work out .

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Interesting. I guess I don't see how a guy can make such a definitive statement about units he's never seen and people he doesn't know.

Why is it I should trust that judgement (speculation?) more than the statements posters are making that theirs got actually better? I doubt that many folks are making it up......

If this is indeed silicone rubber outgassing (which it seems it is?) this is a known condition and known to improve. I know from personal experience with DaVinci the 'mystery vapors' and taste got better there......

OF

I do agree with VisiblyVaped on this one.

I also thought that the smell and taste was going away after some continuous use.

So just to see if i got used to the taste. I went back to using one of my iolites for a full week.

Then when i went back to the Puffit i got smacked in the face by the smell and taste again.

IMO i think its the type of silicone they used. Not that it wasn't cured properly.

My Puffit"s silicone has had plenty of time to cure and obviously it never will. I never actually counted but i think i have vaped around 50 bowls through it already.

P.S. Always waiting 2 1/2 to 3 hours to charge is getting annoying too. Even if i vape one bowl and throw it on the charger it still will take that long.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Top Bottom