PUFFiT portable

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Gee wonder why company can't fix it sounds easy. Why or why do we always have to mod and people like me just have to deal with it the way it comes. Me woman you man comes with the genes lmfao.

Dreamerr,

Kuroth1, mostly just issues with battery life and charging times. I can usually get almost three sessions off it, but I see people in the Pax thread talking about 6-7 sessions. I don't regret my purchase, I just don't see PUFFiT being my daily driver. It's definitely great for when I know I'm going to be in public, or somewhere I can't pop off a discreet vape with my MFLB. I do like being able to just leave it laying around without ever arising suspicion. And I imagine it will be great for road trips/tourist activities in other cities and transit/movies/concerts/festivals. I get really paranoid that people are watching me vape with other portables, but I have no such concerns with PUFFiT.
It may not rank as highly as it did when I first got it, but it's still a pretty solid piece for the price. I can't see myself dumping it, even though I want a Pax too. It's just too stealthy.

kingofnull,

Dreamerr

Awaiting the fixes and the blue one by then it should be a way better unit.

Dreamerr,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I'm going to try the pill bottle cardboard on my cap to make it more secure.

I guess you cant use the in cap stir tool if you do this??? I actually like my stir tool and use it..

It adds to the Stealth part too

Kuroth1,

Coastal

I guess you cant use the in cap stir tool if you do this??? I actually like my stir tool and use it..

It adds to the Stealth part too

I never use the stir tool since it doesn't seem to get the edges, only the middle. Plus I have found that the contents are pretty evenly heated throughout. If you still want to use the stir tool you could use a single layer of posterboard as a cap washer (thinner).

Update to my observations:

I was using the heat setting on 8, only to discover that 6 works better, and uses less power. The reason I used 8 in the first place was due to the almost tasteless and invisible nature of the vapor in the first few draws. I tested it on 6 and got just as medicated with lower odor and shorter heatup cycle, with no wasted cloud on exhale. Turns out the 8 setting was vaping more active ingredient quicker. The 6 setting slows things down and I like it much better that way. Curious to see how even lower settings work. The key is to take a few draws and wait, 10 minutes later you get the full effect, clouds on exhale is just wasted meds.

Also really fine material (powder fine) just doesn't work like it does in the LB even with pounded flat screen. I'm sticking to a few seconds in my coffee grinder for best consistency from now on.

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I never use the stir tool since it doesn't seem to get the edges, only the middle. Plus I have found that the contents are pretty evenly heated throughout. If you still want to use the stir tool you could use a single layer of posterboard as a cap washer (thinner).

I was using the heat setting on 8, only to discover that 6 works better, and uses less power. The reason I used 8 in the first place was due to the almost tasteless and invisible nature of the vapor in the first few draws. I tested it on 6 and got just as medicated with lower odor and shorter heatup cycle, with no wasted cloud on exhale. Turns out the 8 setting was vaping more active ingredient quicker. The 6 setting slows things down and I like it much better that way. Curious to see how even lower settings work. The key is to take a few draws and wait, 10 minutes later you get the full effect, clouds on exhale is just wasted meds.

Also really fine material (powder fine) just doesn't work like it does in the LB even with pounded flat screen. I'm sticking to a few seconds in my coffee grinder for best consistency from now on.

Thanks for the Info.. I have been running ABV(to burn out the plastic taste and because I am low on Herb) at 8.. When I get restocked I will lower to 6 and try your suggestions..

BTW my ABV been getting me nicely lightly medicated.. I actually like it and am going to start occocially vaping my ABV for "in-between" days when I dont want to get so medicated.. I tired making Green Dragon with my ABV in the past but it had no affect on me so will now Vape my ABV..

Kuroth1,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"

Thanks Coastal for reminding me to do this. i have been using mine on "8" cause that is what everyone else was using but was meaning to try lower settings to see how it worked. well i now have mine set so that it's 6.5 i guess you would call it (i have is set so i can see the "6" and the "7" on the dial at the same time). i like it and i get plenty medicated. no visible clouds what-so-ever but who needs them as long as the end result is the same.

mmenzie,

valence

Are you guys able to use the round "in cap" stir tool with the cap closed? Mine has never wanted to fit that way so I gave up.

I would really like to see that cleaning tutorial video Andrew as the exit point of the vapor tube is really starting to get some buildup and the draw is noticeably more difficult after nearly a month of use

valence,

mmenzie

Are you guys able to use the round "in cap" stir tool with the cap closed? Mine has never wanted to fit that way so I gave up.

i actually put mine in the other day. here is my impression.. with the in cap stir tool in place i noticed:
1) i have to pack less in the bowl (not necessarily a bad thing) or the microswitch does not recognize you pressing down on the cap
2) i have to turn the cap to the right (i was turning it to the left at first because of the tip that says it made the cap tighter and it did) or the microswitch does not recognize you pressing down on the cap
3) the cap feels a tad bit tighter

mmenzie,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....

I would really like to see that cleaning tutorial video Andrew as the exit point of the vapor tube is really starting to get some buildup and the draw is noticeably more difficult after nearly a month of use

Mine seems to work ok and I have had it in there since day one.. Make sure the round part of the tool is all the way up in the cap.. I had to mess with it when I first put it in and push it several times from different sides to get it all the way in there..

Agree big time that I too am Awaiting Andrew's video..

Did anyone by chance do an Off Gas test on the Puffit.. I did not.. The way you test it from what I have gathered is on a brand new not used used.. Turn it up to high and using a flashlight see if you see any vapor coming out of it..

Kuroth1,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So if you had to pick a portable that you could clean and take on a trip, which would you recommend? The PAX or this one? Im gonna throw it in my luggage with a pack of tobacco I think. I was gonna bring my wispr but I don't think I'll be able to find 5x butane down there and I can't bring it on the plane. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards the PAX.

I was going to buy a VaporGenie Coil but I don't think it will work for me and don't want to test it out first on a trip and realize I can't use it.

newVaper420,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
So if you had to pick a portable that you could clean and take on a trip, which would you recommend? The PAX or this one? Im gonna throw it in my luggage with a pack of tobacco I think. I was gonna bring my wispr but I don't think I'll be able to find 5x butane down there and I can't bring it on the plane. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards the PAX.

I was going to buy a VaporGenie Coil but I don't think it will work for me and don't want to test it out first on a trip and realize I can't use it.

Hummm I have yet to take any of my toys out of my house believe it or not(Too chicken) BUT the Puffit has me tempted.. Two things with the Puffit.. Its look.. And very little to no clouds.. I could see taking my Puffit to a ball game or concert in my pocket loaded and ready and then go off to the men's room and sit on the throne and use it.. Not worried about smell or clouds.. With the Pax I would be a little more worried about the big clouds it can produce.. But its a close call.. I like them both very much..

Kuroth1,

Toke-en

I'm a pretty new here, but i recently went to LA for the weekend and had an absolute blast with the Puffit. My friend and i drove several hours there, hitting the Puffit, then letting it charge in the car which got us where we needed to be ;) and pretty much when we needed more, the charging was done so we were fine. When we got there, we met up with one of my other friends and he and his lil brother took us to a dodgers game. At the game, we were puffing and passing. No one made any mention of any smell, and his lil brother who was sitting right next to us couldn't even tell. When it ran out of battery life, we were had just gotten as medicated as we would have wanted too which was lucky cause the battery isn't fit for 3+. The next day I brought it out to Disneyland. I was hitting that Puffit with just my friend and I around the park, on rides etc. The only time someone mentioned a smell was on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, but to be fair it was the first few hits from a fresh bowl. Halfway through the day, the Puffit died which was disappointing, but I used the charge lockers they have at Disneyland and was able to get it charged just in time for Space Mountain which was aptly named cause I was in SPACE. All in all the puffit was great for my trip, however if they could make the battery last longer and not take as long to charge I wouldn't need to consider any other vape.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm a pretty new here, but i recently went to LA for the weekend and had an absolute blast with the Puffit. My friend and i drove several hours there, hitting the Puffit, then letting it charge in the car which got us where we needed to be ;) and pretty much when we needed more, the charging was done so we were fine. When we got there, we met up with one of my other friends and he and his lil brother took us to a dodgers game. At the game, we were puffing and passing. No one made any mention of any smell, and his lil brother who was sitting right next to us couldn't even tell. When it ran out of battery life, we were had just gotten as medicated as we would have wanted too which was lucky cause the battery isn't fit for 3+. The next day I brought it out to Disneyland. I was hitting that Puffit with just my friend and I around the park, on rides etc. The only time someone mentioned a smell was on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, but to be fair it was the first few hits from a fresh bowl. Halfway through the day, the Puffit died which was disappointing, but I used the charge lockers they have at Disneyland and was able to get it charged just in time for Space Mountain which was aptly named cause I was in SPACE. All in all the puffit was great for my trip, however if they could make the battery last longer and not take as long to charge I wouldn't need to consider any other vape.

Yeah the funky plastic and the bad battery are the two things making me lean towards the PAX. But I love the discreetness of the Puffit LOL. :-)

newVaper420,
newVaper420 - the way I see it, PAX cleans up much nicer which is great if you are travelling by air. As I and others have mentioned, the real advantage of the PUFFiT is it's discreetness is public. The PAX would be fine for medicating in the hotel, or the car, or other semi/private location (restroom/changeroom). I'd be less nervous taking PUFFiT out in public, because it simply looks more legitimate.

Kuroth1 - why would you need to go to the restroom to use PUFFit? At a baseball game or concert like you mentioned, I'd probably just rip it in public.

kingofnull,
Actually VisiblyVaped, I'm starting to notice the taste more. I also just bought an Extreme Q, and after having used it exclusively for a few days, I notice the taste and smell on the PUFFiT much more now. I'll try the ABV vaping route for a day or two and see if that helps.

I still am not getting headaches, but I can now see how people might feel nauseous from the scent/taste.

kingofnull,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yeah it seems to me that the puffit is great in theory and discreetness but something is going on with the vapor path. I think I'm gonna try to go Pax.

newVaper420,

VisiblyVaped

My units taste is so noticeable and bad plastic wise, that its turned friends away from purchasing. Not so many seem to have it this bad, or they don't notice/care.

Every hit is like breathing through a snorkel. Incredibly noticeable and has a strong aftertaste.

VisiblyVaped,
I wish I could justify the cost of a PAX as well. I shouldn't be greedy, I still have an MFLB and an EQ for clean vaping. I guess I could sell my PUFFiT, but I really still love it's stealth aspect.

I really need to do some more extensive testing with PUFFiT. I've only vaped 6-9 bowls. Like I said I also just got an Extreme-Q, so it's been hard justifying the PUFFiT for indoor use. I'll have to make a better practice of loading my PUFFiT before going out.

kingofnull,

Dreamerr

The puffit just wasn't ready. I am looking forward for improvements and a purchase in about a year. For now after all the reading on the Pax thread I am going for the inhalater which seems to have only dial issues which aren't a big deal.

mmenzie

just came back from my local HS cause i was looking for some detox drink for my wife that has a test coming up. My local HS has a lot of stuff including vapes, although he usually carries mostly imitation knockoff brands and of course the big $$$$ volcano. to my surprise he had some newer stuff like the Wispr and the Vaporblunt (all overpriced compared to the internet, but he did tell me that cause i am informative shopper that looks on the internet he would try and match prices). To my shock as i walking out he just put a PuffiT in the case. i told him i got mine a week ago and he said he literally just got it. i gave him the skinny on what users have said so he could be informed. sticker price..... $169.00. he was surprised when i told him i got it for $139.00 but i told him it from GV which he said that is where he got his. so i know he paid the same or less than me. but a dude's got to make a profit so i understand the bump in price.

mmenzie,

Dreamerr

just came back from my local HS cause i was looking for some detox drink for my wife that has a test coming up. My local HS has a lot of stuff including vapes, although he usually carries mostly imitation knockoff brands and of course the big $$$$ volcano. to my surprise he had some newer stuff like the Wispr and the Vaporblunt (all overpriced compared to the internet, but he did tell me that cause i am informative shopper that looks on the internet he would try and match prices). To my shock as i walking out he just put a PuffiT in the case. i told him i got mine a week ago and he said he literally just got it. i gave him the skinny on what users have said so he could be informed. sticker price..... $169.00. he was surprised when i told him i got it for $139.00 but i told him it from GV which he said that is where he got his. so i know he paid the same or less than me. but a dude's got to make a profit so i understand the bump in price.

Brick and mortar stores need to learn how to buy wholesale so they can actually get business. I never understood why a company like Toys R us and now Best Buy with the volume they sell always sold at strict retail prices. They put themselves out of business or in the case of best buy closing many stores.

Dreamerr,

Coastal

A couple more observations from my experience with the Puffit.

I am liking it more and more. Found that the indicator light for ready is too soon. On the first draw I wait till the light goes green, yellow, and red. Then press cap again, taking my first draw after that. I also take 2 draws for each cycle, one while the led is red. Less battery drain, more meds.

I discovered that long before you taste you are getting med. Also after you think the material is done, it is not. I have been drawing on one load since yesterday, maybe 30 draws, 6 sessions. At first only a couple, then near the end turned it up to 8 and took 8 or so draws. I've been getting equally medicated each time no less so at the end.

This really surprised me since I examined the ABV and it has been really brown for the last 3 sessions. Apparently the vapor will recondense if not drawn out. So don't think it is done when you get a good color, it just takes a bit more heat, a few more draws to get a lot more, and it is considerable.

I'm a bit sad now to think of all the ABV I flushed, thinking it was "done". :(

Oh, also got my Pax today. Charging that puppy right now. I love the Puffit and it will be my main travel unit (not flying of course), but the Pax is absolutely beautiful. A work of art. Reviews of it on this forum are stellar.

Coastal,
Top Bottom