PUFFiT portable

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Has the company offered to replace these "defective" units yet? I mean... it's not actually defective, but they acknowledged that it was an issue and that new people shouldn't have to worry about it... but what about the first adopters?

Quetzalcoatl,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Can someone point out where they said not to run the oven empty? I am trying to find this information.
Company hasn't been on the thread in a while.
6 days is not that long. He did mention some personal problems with would delay his writing frequently here.

Slightly Medicated,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Really, oh my I am sorry I didn't realized it was only 6 days. Time and I are not friends lately. Life has been hard.

If there is a way to look at company's posts only, I think he is the one who said it. I do remember it being said as well.

Oh and slim I guess you can't trust my memory today so take it for what its worth.

Dreamerr,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Finished up the first session... I want to be positive so I will keep this short. The silicone cap that fits on top of the aluminum cap is nice... keeps the thumb from getting to hot. Anyway, now I am going to go try and wash this bad taste out of my mouth. :\

Slightly Medicated,

hellomyfrients

Finished up the first session... I want to be positive so I will keep this short. The silicone cap that fits on top of the aluminum cap is nice... keeps the thumb from getting to hot. Anyway, now I am going to go try and wash this bad taste out of my mouth. :\
Good luck. First time I used the PuffIt the taste was so strong it felt like it was coating the inside of my mouth for hours.

It gets better but mine still isn't gone :/. Vaped my 10th bowl and still tasting it after about three hits.

hellomyfrients,

Jenny

VapeGirl
Good luck. First time I used the PuffIt the taste was so strong it felt like it was coating the inside of my mouth for hours.

It gets better but mine still isn't gone :/. Vaped my 10th bowl and still tasting it after about three hits.

It like coats the inside of your mouth with funk huh? Thats how it seems to me...

Jenny,

Dreamerr

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gross. Now hearing that why would anyone want to try it unless they want to see for themselves. I hope they fix it. I still am holding hope out for this puffit. I won't try it any time soon.

Dreamerr,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I still have the taste in my mouth... I used some mouthwash, but still taste it. It really seems to coat your mouth.

Here is my first session summery:

I fully charged it before my first session.
Loaded it packed pretty full. I did not weigh it out.
I turned it to 8 right off the bat. I wanted to see how much vapor I could produce.
I pretty much cycled the device non stop till the bowl was "done".
I got about 3 small vapor visible vapor hits. I would say smaller then the MFLB would be.
I find a super super slow light draw works bests.
I ended the session not feeling very medicated, and I had a very nasty taste in my mouth.
My initial impression. Even if you remove the horrible taste, I did not feel very medicated from the device.
I think I did about 20 cycles during my first session. After the first session it needed to be charged.
Currently it is still charging. I will keep testing to see if I can improve the performance. I am also interested to see if the taste subsides.

Slightly Medicated,

hellomyfrients

It like coats the inside of your mouth with funk huh? Thats how it seems to me...
Yup. Mine was only like this for the first 2-3 bowls, hopefully it will improve.

I still have the taste in my mouth... I used some mouthwash, but still taste it. It really seems to coat your mouth.

Here is my first session summery:

I fully charged it before my first session.
Loaded it packed pretty full. I did not weigh it out.
I turned it to 8 right off the bat. I wanted to see how much vapor I could produce.
I pretty much cycled the device non stop till the bowl was "done".
I got about 3 small vapor visible vapor hits. I would say smaller then the MFLB would be.
I find a super super slow light draw works bests.
I ended the session not feeling very medicated, and I had a very nasty taste in my mouth.
My initial impression. Even if you remove the horrible taste, I did not feel very medicated from the device.
I think I did about 20 cycles during my first session. After the first session it needed to be charged.
Currently it is still charging. I will keep testing to see if I can improve the performance. I am also interested to see if the taste subsides.
I find the best technique for me (getting medicated wise) was posted here by Coastal:
1. Screw the cap all the way to the clockwise (maybe just superstition, but when I did it CCW didn't seem to work as well)
2. Set the unit on 7
3. Heat it up. Don't inhale, let the green light pass. Once it turns orange/red, take a deep inhale.
4. Heat it up again and inhale on green.
5. Repeat 3-4 until battery is dead (don't worry, it'll be pretty soon).

This unit is really great for stealth but I wouldn't consider it as a daily driver or anything near there.

hellomyfrients,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I find the best technique for me (getting medicated wise) was posted here by Coastal:
1. Screw the cap all the way to the clockwise (maybe just superstition, but when I did it CCW didn't seem to work as well)
2. Set the unit on 7
3. Heat it up. Don't inhale, let the green light pass. Once it turns orange/red, take a deep inhale.
4. Heat it up again and inhale on green.
5. Repeat 3-4 until battery is dead (don't worry, it'll be pretty soon).

This unit is really great for stealth but I wouldn't consider it as a daily driver or anything near there.

I was using that technique. :tup: I kind of came about it naturally. That was the only way I could get visible vapor.

I found to get the best vapor production:
I had to turn it to 8 on the temperature dial.
I would let it cycle once without inhaling.
Then start a 2nd cycle and inhale through the 2nd cycle.
That would give some visible vapor on the 2nd exhale.

Slightly Medicated,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have done about 4 burn offs with some camomile and mint tea. I re-charge after every session. I run about 25-30 cycles through the unit. Refresh the tea every time. I even turned the unit around and blew through the top of the unit so some vapor would go through the Silicone tube and out the mouthpiece. It still has an off putting plastic/chemical taste.

Last night I got some decent vapor production on my 2nd session. It was not enough to satisfy my tolerance level, but it was producing vapor. I did notice a slight increase in my overall medicated state. I could compare it to the power of a MFLB high. It still leaves a pretty awful taste coating the back of your throat/tongue that is beyond what should be acceptable for Quality Control.

I am actually not sure what to do now. I could continue testing it more, to see if I could get better results. The taste is just so off putting though... I am not a cigarette smoker, but my thought was man I wish I had a cigarette. I could smoke it... at least that would not taste as bad, and it would probably overpower the plastic/chemical taste.

I really do wonder how their quality control could let this slide though?

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: BoxofRock

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I have done about 4 burn offs with some camomile and mint tea. I re-charge after every session. I run about 25-30 cycles through the unit. Refresh the tea every time. I even turned the unit around and blew through the top of the unit so some vapor would go through the Silicone tube and out the mouthpiece. It still has an off putting plastic/chemical taste.

Last night I got some decent vapor production on my 2nd session. It was not enough to satisfy my tolerance level, but it was producing vapor. I did notice a slight increase in my overall medicated state. I could compare it to the power of a MFLB high. It still leaves a pretty awful taste coating the back of your throat/tongue that is beyond what should be acceptable for Quality Control.

I am actually not sure what to do now. I could continue testing it more, to see if I could get better results. The taste is just so off putting though... I am not a cigarette smoker, but my thought was man I wish I had a cigarette. I could smoke it... at least that would not taste as bad, and it would probably overpower the plastic/chemical taste.

I really do wonder how their quality control could let this slide though?

Your reviews make it easy for me to disregard this device. Being new to vaping, I just don't think I can deal with that awful taste. Even smoking blunts now makes me cringe. So I know I wouldn't like the Puffit. As for as getting you medicated, yeah I'm worried about that too. Think I'm going with the PAX. I love my WISPR, but the whole Butane and Airplane things, that sucks.

newVaper420,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
The Maker was also suppose to post a video on how to clean it but never did..

As much as I like my Puffit and the overall design, I too worry about the taste and smell.. Mine is slight but I still notice it, especially after I have used my Solo or Pax or T1...

2 BIG things worry me..

1. The lack of the maker posting here.

2. I really dont trust ANYTHING coming out of China... In fact it was totally my fault for not realizing but if I had known this was from China I would have never ordered it... Live and learn.. At least it did not cost me $250... I would be really pissed if it had..

One a side note I am digging more and more using my Solo with my Black Leaf Glass.. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sweet... Will try out my Pax with my Glass soon and CANT wait to get my HI to use with my Glass...

Your reviews make it easy for me to disregard this device. Being new to vaping, I just don't think I can deal with that awful taste. Even smoking blunts now makes me cringe. So I know I wouldn't like the Puffit. As for as getting you medicated, yeah I'm worried about that too. Think I'm going with the PAX. I love my WISPR, but the whole Butane and Airplane things, that sucks.

Cant go wrong with the Pax....

Kuroth1,

Dammit

2. I really dont trust ANYTHING coming out of China... In fact it was totally my fault for not realizing but if I had known this was from China I would have never ordered it... Live and learn.. At least it did not cost me $250... I would be really pissed if it had..
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the Pax is made in China, and that looks like a quality piece. I thought it was made in SF too, but I think I remember seeing a picture of the back of the pax that says something like designed in SF, assembled in China.

Dammit,

Dreamerr

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the Pax is made in China, and that looks like a quality piece. I thought it was made in SF too, but I think I remember seeing a picture of the back of the pax that says something like designed in SF, assembled in China.

I saw that pic on the Pax thread and that is correct.

Dreamerr,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The Maker was also suppose to post a video on how to clean it but never did..

As much as I like my Puffit and the overall design, I too worry about the taste and smell.. Mine is slight but I still notice it, especially after I have used my Solo or Pax or T1...

2 BIG things worry me..

1. The lack of the maker posting here.

One a side note I am digging more and more using my Solo with my Black Leaf Glass.. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sweet... Will try out my Pax with my Glass soon and CANT wait to get my HI to use with my Glass...

Cant go wrong with the Pax....

Back-to-back posts merged. Please learn to use the edit button.

The fact that the maker is not posting here is irrelevant.

Do not use the PUFFiT thread to promote the Pax.

pakalolo,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Back-to-back posts merged. Please learn to use the edit button.

The fact that the maker is not posting here is irrelevant.

Do not use the PUFFiT thread to promote the Pax.

I dont think its irrelevant when they post in this thread that they will post a video here on how to Clean the Puffit.. So hoping they still do post it at some point..

And I know how to use the edit button.. Please..

I was replying to 2 different post.. Seems confusing to merge the reply from 2 different post but if that's what you what to do, go right ahead..

mod note: Questioning staff decisions in public posts is not permitted.

Kuroth1,
Reactions: Vessel

valence

I wanted to see if the taste was really gone or if I had just gotten used to it from heavy use over the last month. I took a week off of using the puffit and today I fired it up again. The taste is definitely there and while it isn't "coating the mouth" bad as some others have noted, it certainly was not pleasant. 2 weeks ago on vacation I was using it without the taste bothering me at all.

While I'll admit that I have had a blast using this unit in places like concerts, movie theaters, and disneyland, the taste is bad enough that I think you either have to use it a lot or not at all. I will probably not abandon it altogether but I don't think I will be using it regularly anymore. A real shame too as I was getting really good with it. I even had some nice clouds at the 6-7 temp range today.

I do wonder if a cleaning video will be posted and if anything will be done to make us early supporters happier. I gave these guys $140 2 months before it was even released.

valence,
Reactions: Jenny

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I wanted to see if the taste was really gone or if I had just gotten used to it from heavy use over the last month. I took a week off of using the puffit and today I fired it up again. The taste is definitely there and while it isn't "coating the mouth" bad as some others have noted, it certainly was not pleasant. 2 weeks ago on vacation I was using it without the taste bothering me at all.

While I'll admit that I have had a blast using this unit in places like concerts, movie theaters, and disneyland, the taste is bad enough that I think you either have to use it a lot or not at all. I will probably not abandon it altogether but I don't think I will be using it regularly anymore. A real shame too as I was getting really good with it. I even had some nice clouds at the 6-7 temp range today.

I do wonder if a cleaning video will be posted and if anything will be done to make us early supporters happier. I gave these guys $140 2 months before it was even released.

Yea.. I for sure dont believe these guys plan on being around long term or building up a Loyal customer base... Oh well.. There are MANY more manufacturers that are and I am giving money to them because of it..

Kuroth1,

VisiblyVaped

I sent an email last night, I will keep everyone informed about the response (or lack thereof, but hopefully not).

VisiblyVaped,
Top Bottom