PUFFiT portable

Jenny

VapeGirl
Not sure if anyone else uses a credit card style grinder, but I find my yin yan Vsyndicate very effective for PUFFiT and for most other vaporizers. Has a coarser side too for combustion grind. I machined one edge of mine to give me a decent cutting edge/scraping surface.

jm40y.jpg

I have one of these, they are discreet type of grinder, I have one that has a marijuana leaf on it (got it at Hempcon 2011) but I find that it just makes a mess...but maybe it works better for others.

Jenny,
Mine fit perfectly over the trench of the MFLB. Now I grind over a folded business card, and just pour the herb into the PUFFiT.

kingofnull,

Puffit Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Hi Guys

Re: Spare Parts
Yes we will be offering spares for things like the magnetic cap and the Aluminum top cap. In Fact I just sent out a package with spares to Got Vape. So they should show up on their web site shortly. We will also offer full spares for any loose or removable parts on our own web site shortly (IT is putting the site trough it's paces this week) Including things like car chargers.
I'll let you all know when it goes live.

Re: Aluminum cap
It is meant to be loose since it needs to move freely to click the switches, and it needs to allow airflow for the draw.
Due to manufacturing variances some fit a little better than others.
If you want it to fit a little more snug try twisting it the Other way. For some reason, Some caps work better left handed. :D

Re: Cleaning the vapor path
Don't push anything down the hole, it can dislodge the tubing!
I'm going to try and work up a cleaning video over the weekend.

Re: Partial Charging
It is not good for long term battery health to do this. It is ALWAYS better to work with a fully topped up unit. When in Doubt, Plug It In!
As I have stated before the charging rate is a function of the USB Standard (5V 500mA). So it should take 2-3 hours from dead. But like I say, always better to top up then to run down..,..... sooo....
When in doubt, Plug it in! :D
Cheers
AM

I know it's a limitation of the USB standard, but it's still painfully slow. Granted, I don't have a degree in electrical engineering, but I do know that other Li-Ion devices I own charge faster when connected to the wall than USB on my PC.

kingofnull,

VisiblyVaped

, maybe a replacement option for discount?
Hi Guys

Re: Spare Parts
Yes we will be offering spares for things like the magnetic cap and the Aluminum top cap. In Fact I just sent out a package with spares to Got Vape. So they should show up on their web site shortly. We will also offer full spares for any loose or removable parts on our own web site shortly (IT is putting the site trough it's paces this week) Including things like car chargers.
I'll let you all know when it goes live.

Re: Aluminum cap
It is meant to be loose since it needs to move freely to click the switches, and it needs to allow airflow for the draw.
Due to manufacturing variances some fit a little better than others.
If you want it to fit a little more snug try twisting it the Other way. For some reason, Some caps work better left handed. :D

Re: Cleaning the vapor path
Don't push anything down the hole, it can dislodge the tubing!
I'm going to try and work up a cleaning video over the weekend.

Re: Partial Charging
It is not good for long term battery health to do this. It is ALWAYS better to work with a fully topped up unit. When in Doubt, Plug It In!
As I have stated before the charging rate is a function of the USB Standard (5V 500mA). So it should take 2-3 hours from dead. But like I say, always better to top up then to run down..,..... sooo....
When in doubt, Plug it in! :D
Cheers
AM
Thank you for your responses.
Is there anything that can be done with the units owned by a SELECT FEW of us it seems, where the taste is almost nauseating at times?
I noticed you mentioed a new silicone and tubing, I would gladly even pay to have a unit I enjoyed and could comfortably use.....maybe a replacement option (discounted)?
The stealth factor is phenomenal...

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: BoxofRock

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
I know it's a limitation of the USB standard, but it's still painfully slow. Granted, I don't have a degree in electrical engineering, but I do know that other Li-Ion devices I own charge faster when connected to the wall than USB on my PC.
Re: Battery Charging rate and Capacity.

Full Charge from dead should take 2.5-3 hours. This is a function of the USB standard. There is a limit on the current we can draw from a standard USB port. (500mA) In order to Charge faster we would have to provide a matched AC adapter designed specifically to work with our unit. this of course would have raised the cost of the product.
edit: I need a mute button at times

BoxofRock,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
, maybe a replacement option for discount?
Thank you for your responses.
Is there anything that can be done with the units owned by a SELECT FEW of us it seems, where the taste is almost nauseating at times?
I noticed you mentioed a new silicone and tubing, I would gladly even pay to have a unit I enjoyed and could comfortably use.....maybe a replacement option (discounted)?
The stealth factor is phenomenal...

I would Email them.. He seems to not want to answer this question on-line...

I am really liking my Puffit more and more.. Too bad there is such a rash of really good portables that just came out.. Too many good ones to choose from.. See my Scores in my Sig..

Kuroth1,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I am really liking my Puffit more and more.. Too bad there is such a rash of really good portables that just came out.. Too many good ones to choose from.. See my Scores in my Sig..
I agree completely. I am also loving my Puffit, the more I use it the more I like it. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't feel like you are getting anything until you are over medicated. Certainly not a big deal, ehhh, never mind.:lol:

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I agree completely. I am also loving my Puffit, the more I use it the more I like it. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't feel like you are getting anything until you are over medicated. Certainly not a big deal, ehhh, never mind.:lol:

LOL

Dogman...Warning.. DONT go look at the Pax our you will get one....

Kuroth1,
Reactions: Dogman
Dogman I loved your review. It pretty much convinced me to get the PUFFiT.

I like mine a lot too, but I am finding more things I dislike every day. Overall I'd give it an 8/10 though.

kingofnull,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....

I like mine a lot too, but I am finding more things I dislike every day. Overall I'd give it an 8/10 though.

Can you give some Examples.. I had just the opposite happen with me.. When I first got it I had things I disliked but over time I am liking it better and better and finding the things I disliked went away or I found a way around it etc...

Kuroth1,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
LOL

Dogman...Warning.. DONT go look at the Pax our you will get one....
I have not been on that thread for that exact reason, I know if I see it I will have to have it!

Okay, I'm going to look now, DAMMIT!

DAMMIT! I have to have one, the reviews look great, may be a couple of weeks before I can afford it, but one WILL be mine!

Jenny

VapeGirl

I am in the same boat, finding negatives everyday...I rate it about 6-7 now, not my favorite piece by far. I should have waited and got the Pax, mind you the puffit is half the price, but seems like you pay what you get for...

Jenny,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I have not been on that thread for that exact reason, I know if I see it I will have to have it!

Okay, I'm going to look now, DAMMIT!

DAMMIT! I have to have one, the reviews look great, may be a couple of weeks before I can afford it, but one WILL be mine!

It is sweet... (See my reviews in my Sig)

Kuroth1,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
Is there anything that can be done with the units owned by a SELECT FEW
-------edit for clarity: stinky silicone around chamber------
I have been putting ABV tamped down, turn it on and remove the chamber cap. Let it go through the cycle and repeat. every five cycles tamp it down so it will contact the heating chamber and I run it 10 cycles total,, or so. Let it cool and recharge. Just remember to remove the chamber cap once you start the heat cycle.

I figure the ABV will keep the chamber from over heating and dont draw on it the abv turns to .. well yuck and will taint the internal draw tube

BoxofRock,

hellomyfrients

To everyone complaining about no clouds, I get massive clouds on mine on the "8" setting. Unfortunately, it's not all positive: while I mostly like the form factor and ease of use of the vape, the battery life is really bad (as in be ready to be near a plug and wait bad), and after the 4th or 5th hit on a new bowl the silicone taste sets in and ruins the experience. Also, the device gets hot with prolonged use, meaning there are restrictions in the way you can hold the device. This piece is going to make a great stealth piece, but unlike most similar vapes I don't see its ability to be used as a daily driver. Those seeking a daily driver on a budget should look at other portables.

hellomyfrients,
Reactions: OF

Coastal

Hey Dog I do 3 or 4 cycles on a new load and a few more on almost spent one. Finally I take a draw after the light goes red since there is still a lot of heat in there. First one it is still warming up imo. Have it set on 8. If you go by taste you will get plastered. The last one will have noticeable flavor. Efficient imo.

Discovered that Momofthegoons referred ideal of hammering the screen works great. I took one of the spares provided, hammered it flat, and pressed it in on top of the stock one. I loaded finely ground herb but didn't pack it. Installed my dome screen on top. You can load a lot more than usual with finer material and still get good flow.

I really love this thing. PAx looks cool but I can leave Puffit on the table and no one will even give it a second look. The Pax is almost "too interesting" to ignore.

Elvis

bricked
Im liking my puffit so far! Its been a week, I charge it at night and use it during the day on the go, sometimes if there is usb around me during the day I will chuck in on just for peace of mind. First few times using it I got waaay over medicated because of this invisible vapor haha ;) about 6-8 pulls is enough for me, get around 2 sessions from a bowl and about 3ish bowls from a charge. Plastic taste was present on the first few bowls but has gone away now, still has a lite smell when you take off the chamber cap and put your nose up to it. Doesn't really concern me now. Another thing I noticed was that vapor was leaking out of the chamber cap when heating up. To fix this put the cap on and twist to the left, it locks in better and doesn't leak that way.

I used it last night with a few friends before a gig and had good results. No one commented about any plastic smell or tastes only that it was getting quite hot because I didn't have the silicon cap on the heating chamber. When I use this for myself the silicon cap isn't so necessary but when your with a group it can get fairly hot with out it!

All up this vape is so stealth that I could use it just about anywhere! And charge it just about anywhere ;)

Elvis,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hey Dog I do 3 or 4 cycles on a new load and a few more on almost spent one. Finally I take a draw after the light goes red since there is still a lot of heat in there. First one it is still warming up imo. Have it set on 8. If you go by taste you will get plastered. The last one will have noticeable flavor. Efficient imo.

Discovered that Momofthegoons referred ideal of hammering the screen works great. I took one of the spares provided, hammered it flat, and pressed it in on top of the stock one. I loaded finely ground herb but didn't pack it. Installed my dome screen on top. You can load a lot more than usual with finer material and still get good flow.

I really love this thing. PAx looks cool but I can leave Puffit on the table and no one will even give it a second look. The Pax is almost "too interesting" to ignore.

Tru Dat... The Puffit is still the only unit in my collection that I would take out of the house.. I have not yet but I will at some point...

Kuroth1,

Coastal

Pics of your mods coastal please.

Not much to take a pic of:

1. round paper/cardboard disc out of baby aspirin bottle pushed into cap. Too thick and the cap switch doesn't work and draw is too hard. Bayer baby aspirin small bottle cap liner was perfect since it wasn't glossy or plastic coated. You could always cut one out of posterboard. It doesn't get hot enough to burn but white will slowly turn tan colored.

2. conventional pipe screen molded on the tip of your little finger into a dome. Pushed upside down into oven it will stay there and keeps contents from getting out very well. I use the little tool that came in the box to remove it for reloads.

Coastal,
Top Bottom