PUFFiT portable

SalamiCity

A real conduction vape is heated metal with the herb sitting on it, cooking like food in a frying pan. There's no heated air path for the herb, and the 1st generation dome vapes (BC Vaporizer may have been the 1st) are the best example, and pretty much only example. I don't know of any decent, popular vapes, portable or otherwise, that classify as conduction these days. They all draw outside air in, heat it, and supply convection heating. There's conduction going on in a lot of vapes with an enclosed bowl, especially if the bowl is metal. That doesn't make 'em conduction by design. Anyone who's ever used a dome/fishbowl vape, as well as good models, knows that a pure conduction design is very inefficient and frustrating to use. If it's a good vape it's primarily convection. Convection beat out conduction like digital disc beat out analog tape.

The Supreme is Conduction, so is the LB.

SalamiCity,

max

Out to lunch
The Supreme is not conduction.
:peace:
You beat me to it. I'll grant that the MF is mostly conduction. I just hate to see 'conduction' popping up these days anytime a vape has an enclosed metal bowl. Some conduction heating going on doesn't mean it's a conduction design. Prior to the MF hitting the market, conduction vapes were almost entirely the dome variety-the hot plate type of vape. It's a poor design and I can testify to that from personal experience.

"By moving fast hot air past the food, convection ovens can operate at a lower temperature than a standard conventional oven and yet cook food more quickly.[2] The air circulation, or convection, tends to eliminate "hot spots" and thus food may bake more evenly." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convection_oven

The same applies to vaporizing. For the most part, convection is a no brainer over conduction. I hate to see anyone actually considering one of these hot plate vapes.

Gotvape is showing this vape as 'in stock' now, but the preorder discount code still seems to work. I ordered on the 6th, but have no tracking info available yet. My order status says "partially shipped" but since I only ordered the one item, that doesn't make any sense. :hmm:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I just checked my order and It also says partially shipped. Same deal here I only ordered the one item. But that's ok when I checked yesterday it said backordered.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
My tracking number is showing delivery for Monday the 18th by UPS. Thank you for the early shipment!

Dogman,

max

Out to lunch
Hopefully 'partially shipped' means it's being processed for shipment, as in pulled from the shelf, ready to be boxed up and put on the truck. I called Gotvape this morning and left my phone #, as instructed, to get an update, but no call. No surprise either, since they're not known for good customer service.

max,

Randall

You beat me to it. I'll grant that the MF is mostly conduction. I just hate to see 'conduction' popping up these days anytime a vape has an enclosed metal bowl. Some conduction heating going on doesn't mean it's a conduction design. Prior to the MF hitting the market, conduction vapes were almost entirely the dome variety-the hot plate type of vape. It's a poor design and I can testify to that from personal experience.

"By moving fast hot air past the food, convection ovens can operate at a lower temperature than a standard conventional oven and yet cook food more quickly.[2] The air circulation, or convection, tends to eliminate "hot spots" and thus food may bake more evenly." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convection_oven

The same applies to vaporizing. For the most part, convection is a no brainer over conduction. I hate to see anyone actually considering one of these hot plate vapes.

Gotvape is showing this vape as 'in stock' now, but the preorder discount code still seems to work. I ordered on the 6th, but have no tracking info available yet. My order status says "partially shipped" but since I only ordered the one item, that doesn't make any sense. :hmm:
on the overview it states that it wont ship until july 1st.

Randall,

Randall

on the GotVape Facebook page it says they got 50-100 units early and are shipping them out to the first pre-orders
yes this is correct but just a heads up to those who think they might be part of that first 100. I believe we pre-sold 100 with in the first 2 days of the sale. i could be wrong id have to go back and check

Mod note: You need to register with vtac as a retailer before you post in this thread as one again. Please refer to the rules for the link. The information you need is at the bottom of the page.

Randall,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Hopefully 'partially shipped' means it's being processed for shipment, as in pulled from the shelf, ready to be boxed up and put on the truck. I called Gotvape this morning and left my phone #, as instructed, to get an update, but no call. No surprise either, since they're not known for good customer service.
Mine order said 'partially shipped' since the day my order was confirmed, I think it means the paperwork is done and as soon as it is available, it will ship.

Dogman,

Randall

Mine order said 'partially shipped' since the day my order was confirmed, I think it means the paperwork is done and as soon as it is available, it will ship.
Dogman you are correct. Partially Shipped indeed means exactly that.

Mod note: As per mod note above, no more posts as a retailer until you have registered with vtac and have a shopping cart by your username.

Randall,

Martha72

I think I am officially one of the first people to have received the Puffit & I love it!

After letting it charge for two hours, I removed the Top Cap and packed my herb into the filling chamber, then I packed it down half way. I put the top cap back on and pressed it down for two seconds, then it started heating up & the Vapor Magic Happened!

A really cool feature of the Puffit is the quick heat up, I timed it out to be 30 seconds when you first turn it on, after that the Puffit re-heats in 5 seconds. I've been driving around all day just taking quick hits. (The instructions recommend slow steady breaths, but I prefer to hit it like a real inhaler)

I still have to play with it a little bit more, so I'll post a complete review after this weekend.

natural farmer

I think I am officially one of the first people to have received the Puffit & I love it!

After letting it charge for two hours, I removed the Top Cap and packed my herb into the filling chamber, then I packed it down half way. I put the top cap back on and pressed it down for two seconds, then it started heating up & the Vapor Magic Happened!

A really cool feature of the Puffit is the quick heat up, I timed it out to be 30 seconds when you first turn it on, after that the Puffit re-heats in 5 seconds. I've been driving around all day just taking quick hits. (The instructions recommend slow steady breaths, but I prefer to hit it like a real inhaler)

I still have to play with it a little bit more, so I'll post a complete review after this weekend.

Glad you like this Martha! A vid and more thorough description would be nice... Fire up that cam and puffit up! lol

natural farmer,
Reactions: Dogman

max

Out to lunch
Martha72 said:
after that the Puffit re-heats in 5 seconds
That should put this question to rest.

Xchadb said:
Anyone think the wait time between heat cycles is long enough to make you not wana use this thing?

Martha72 said:
The instructions recommend slow steady breaths, but I prefer to hit it like a real inhaler.
Just keep in mind that slow and steady is gonna give you a higher vaping temp than hitting it quick and hard.

Sounds like this may be a really nice vape for the money.

Martha72

Glad you like this Martha! A vid and more thorough description would be nice... Fire up that cam and puffit up! lol

PuffitWhileIwork.jpg

What other Vaporizer can I pull out at work & nobody thinks twice mwahahahah

SgtPJ

I served my country so I can Vape all day!
PuffitWhileIwork.jpg

What other Vaporizer can I pull out at work & nobody thinks twice mwahahahah

Wow, I guess this is the definition of sneaky lol

Mod note: As an employee of Gotvape, you need to register as a retailer. Do not post until you see the shopping cart by your name.

SgtPJ,

max

Out to lunch
Puffit Vaporizer said:
Re: Conduction vs Convection
Conduction simply means "heat transfer between objects that are touching". And that is exactly what happens in our product. the outside wall of the heating chamber gets hot, the material touching it gets hot and transfers its heat to the material next to it and so on! This is the case with most vaporizers.
Most vapes have some conduction heating going on, but they're primarily convection. Toss a little piece of herb (really little if you like) on a hot plate vape and you'll find that the "material next to" the part getting heated will take a really long time to vaporize. By the time it does (if ever), the part contacting the hot metal has been burned. That's why, when you're cooking in your fry pan, you have to flip that burger, egg, or pancake, in order to get both sides cooked without burning. If your vape has better heat transfer than a dome vape, and can thoroughly cook without burning, good job. But good performance from a design that's primarily conduction is the exception, not the norm.

Randall said:
Partially Shipped indeed means exactly that.
It apparently means that with Gotvape, but the only definition that makes common sense, for 'partially shipped', is that part of the order has actually shipped, while the remainder is back ordered. Since in this case you don't really have the product yet, technically it's back ordered.

Adobewan

Very cool Martha, but the piece looks a bit larger than a standard inhaler, am I reading that right? Do you have petite mitts or is your daughter holding that in the pic? :)

Adobewan,

max

Out to lunch
VaporsVaporizer said:
Got Vape was supposed to send mine 2 day express shipping and didn't !!!
Hope you get your 'fast shipping money' back, or did they promise you free 2 day shipping for some reason?

Adobewan said:
the piece looks a bit larger than a standard inhaler
It's 3.5" high/long. If they were aiming for the 'inhaler look', they obviously had to build it a little bigger, for functionality.

max,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Hope you get your 'fast shipping money' back, or did they promise you free 2 day shipping for some reason?
I got my money back but it seems they have no clue what's going on. When i got the shipping notice it took several hours for UPS to show the item. I noticed that it wasn't scheduled for 2 day shipping like i paid for. Contacted Got Vape by email since they were already closed . Waited for a reply the next day but called after a while. I was told that they could see my package had already arrived in Parsippinay NJ so it should be delivered to Manhattan today. UPS was still stating Monday delivery. A few hours later a got a paypal refund for the 2 day shipping :rolleyes: UPS just delivered something else i ordered but no Puffit. UPS website still says Monday.

VaporsVaporizer,

LarryTOG

I got my money back but it seems they have no clue what's going on. When i got the shipping notice it took several hours for UPS to show the item. I noticed that it wasn't scheduled for 2 day shipping like i paid for. Contacted Got Vape by email since they were already closed . Waited for a reply the next day but called after a while. I was told that they could see my package had already arrived in Parsippinay NJ so it should be delivered to Manhattan today. UPS was still stating Monday delivery. A few hours later a got a paypal refund for the 2 day shipping :rolleyes: UPS just delivered something else i ordered but no Puffit. UPS website still says Monday.

I sure wish I was in your position because I waited to order mine and I'm expecting it by July 1st, so isn't it a total bonus that you are getting it in mid-June? I called them trying to get my Puffit earlier and they said that I was part of the next pre-order shipment, but customer service was not bad in my opinion, it was worth a shot.

Just please post a review when it arrives, I'm sure we all want to see the Puffit on the subway in NYC haha

Mod note: As an employee of Gotvape, you need to register as a retailer, just like the rest of the employees of Gotvape. Do so before posting again.

LarryTOG,
Top Bottom