PUFFiT portable

musicisevil

I would almost say save a small water pipe for the puffit, but can they even be run through one? I know my box does decently with my glass, but now that I think about it no one's mentioned using the puffit like that here... thoughts anyone?

Based on all the pics I've seen I would say that would be impossible with this unit unless you fabricated some sort of mouthpiece adaptor. Maybe you could run more silicone tubing from the hole in the mouthpiece, but I dare say that this unit wasn't meant for that purpose.

musicisevil,

aj0125

Just started the process of sending my unit back to GotVape in Hopes of getting one that doesn't taste like shit. Fuck paying another 20 bucks sending it back to Hong Kong for refurbishment. If the new ones taste as promised Puffit will be an AMAZING portable.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Based on all the pics I've seen I would say that would be impossible with this unit unless you fabricated some sort of mouthpiece adaptor. Maybe you could run more silicone tubing from the hole in the mouthpiece, but I dare say that this unit wasn't meant for that purpose.
Yeah my thoughts as well, but I saw people putting a rubber nipple on their Pax and running it through water that way... really all you would need is a complete seal around the mouthpiece connected to a downstem. I achieved the same thing with my LB using ~2in of the whip attachment and one shorty stem. Creates a perfect seal and it was about a fifth of the price of the WPA which I'm probably gonna end up getting anyways...

Quetzalcoatl,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I thought I remembered someone doing it earlier in the thread but if not saw it somewhere.

Dreamerr,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
I thought I remembered someone doing it earlier in the thread but if not saw it somewhere.
Its to bad the metal nipple is to short to put tubing on. A lil longer piece of tube and it could extend outside the housing. But then thats a mod and use at your own risk:rofl: its such a subtle hitter seems not worth the hassle.
puffit04.jpg

BoxofRock,
Has anyone ever had the top fall off and lose there material in there pocket? I was wondering if it would.

Not yet, but I could see it happening. The fact that I only carry the PUFFiT in it's case is a testament to my lack of trust in the top cap. The seal is pretty tight though when the cap has been turned, so it's probably fine.

kingofnull,

inkoso

Thanks for the response,

I think it will be a pretty good fit for me. Two of my best friends have MFLB and I chill with them all the time. I just wanted something extremely discrete and portable (living in a dorm). I'm selling my pieces because smoking dosen't seem worth it in so many different ways after seing what I can do with vapor.

Fuck combustion. -SB

If you get a good one, i think you'll be very happy. You made the right choice with the discrete vape for a dorm. I had an EXQ in my dorm, but my roommate was chill. Now that im going to a different school/new roommates, i need the stealth, hence why i bought this little guy.

Now, don't take the puffit as a representation of all vapes. This unit is perfect for those who have a 'home' vape, and use the puffit when to lazy to set up/when theyre on the go. Puffit is great, and will get you nicely stoned, but nothing like a stationary vape will, but that's sort of the point.

Just started the process of sending my unit back to GotVape in Hopes of getting one that doesn't taste like shit. Fuck paying another 20 bucks sending it back to Hong Kong for refurbishment. If the new ones taste as promised Puffit will be an AMAZING portable.

Have you tried cleaning out your Puffit? I did it with mine, and it eliminated the taste pretty well. It's still there, but it's fading with more use.

Has anyone ever had the top fall off and lose there material in there pocket? I was wondering if it would.

No, and i don't really see it happening. If you leave the stir tool on, it also adds a bit more resistance, and the top no longer twists so freely. That was my fix to the looseness.

Good attitude to start with.
For dorm living, itll suit you well. My prior recommendations wouldnt.
If you ever have the extra $, get an mflb with their power adapter ........ AMAZING hits from it.

Anyways, keep us all posted how your puffit is when you receive it. Some of us with the first batch are displeased....others are in love.
I'm hoping my replacement unit shuttles me over to the latter group.
when did you get yours? I honestly think you'll be satisfied with it if the improvements are thorough. Mine had a battery problem, and i'm getting one of the newest batches too. My main problem with it was not getting a good cloud/even any vape, only the plastic taste. After a clean it was a lot better (not all the way), but better. I was very satisfied with mine once i got it working pretty well. Now that it's on its way back to GV, i miss it a lot. Like people have said, if the puffit would work exactly like the description made us expect it to, it would be the best portable vape on the market. When i got mine to work decently, i think id rather have it than an MFLB.
I'll keep you all updated when i get my new Puffit too, but i liked mine once i got it to work well. I think you will like it too if the new ones are problem free. Every portable vaporizer has it's drawback, but what you get with the (working) puffit (unparalleled stealth, ability to vape all the time/anywhere) outweighs the slight plastic taste (that should fade eventually), smaller hits (its a portable vaporizer, do you want to be exhaling a snow storm in public?), and limited battery life.
We'll see where this goes, but honestly i've had nothing but good experience with GotVape and with DiscreteVape. Both were more than willing to fix my problems. Gotvape offered to replace it with a new batch Puffit, and pay for shipping; DiscreteVape dealt with me as we were assessing the problem with my unit (battery failure). It's clear DiscreteVape is trying to dig itself out of a hole, and i'm more than willing to put my faith in them when they've gone this far for me. I know some of you have had less favorable experiences, but once you get a working Puffit in your hands you'll be as stoked as i was when i realized i could literally VAPE ANYWHERE ANYTIME.

inkoso,

PuffitFan

A helpful hint: if your unit won't turn on when the cap is removed, check the mechanism under the hole. It can get stuck if you put the cap on too forcefully. It's easily fixed, just play around with it.

Also, I would say the cap will not come off in your pocket as long as long as you're mindful of it.

P.s. don't forget to clean!

PuffitFan,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Yes, now if i go out with it i either don't pack it first or put a rubber band over the cap and bottom if there are flowers in there.

VaporsVaporizer,

VisiblyVaped

If my replacement unit works, when GV sends me the damn shipping label, and doesn't taste like a melting snorkel I will be the fastest to jump on the PuffIt bandwagon. I love the design. I hate the fact Ive had a $140 paperweight. Thus, I'm on the fence.

Ill either be a hater or a full on supporter. Should know in a week or so Id assume...

VisiblyVaped,

Dreamerr

If my replacement unit works, when GV sends me the damn shipping label, and doesn't taste like a melting snorkel I will be the fastest to jump on the PuffIt bandwagon. I love the design. I hate the fact Ive had a $140 paperweight. Thus, I'm on the fence.

Ill either be a hater or a full on supporter. Should know in a week or so Id assume...

Wasn't that days ago when they were suppose to send the label? Call them and ask if they sent it out. It should take no more then two days to get that.

Dreamerr,

VisiblyVaped

Called again today. Was assured again I'd have it. Whoever runs their email is terrible. I'm about to pay for shipping there and for my troubles, if they happen to read, I could use extra elbow screens for my EQ:)

VisiblyVaped,

Dreamerr

As I believe it was OF that said in another thread, and I believe the same, it is better to call then email.

Dreamerr,

VisiblyVaped

GV is on top of things....went in my spam folder. Oops......

Replacing unit for free, I stand by them. Theyve been almost exclusively who I get all vapes and parts from...

Dreamerr

Now the important thing will be if the plastic taste is gone and the other small issues are fixed.

Dreamerr,

aj0125

Replacing unit for free, I stand by them. Theyve been almost exclusively who I get all vapes and parts from...
Glad you got it figured out. I just sent mine back today, I can't wait to see if the new ones are better.

aj0125,

inkoso

Yeah they've been really good with me too, at least theyre trying to fix it.

Agreed. I need it medicinally now, just broke my foot the other day
It better taste clean...

It probably won't taste completely neutral straight away, but not many vapes (especially portables) don't have a taste at the start. When you get your replacement, do the cleaning like the video they posted, and your taste will improve. Mine used to taste bad, but once i cleaned it, 1) i started to actually get clouds, and 2) i could taste bud, and not plastic as much.

inkoso,
Hey so i boughtthis vape and it came in the mail two days a
go and so far i dontthink im getting high off of this....i only get visible vapor vyrg rarley but its hot when i inhale... bht the bud is being used as i see it is getting brown am I inhaking it ll and no vapor comes oug? Please tell me that it just needs to break in a lkttle or there is a way to check if is working or any tips on how to get the most vapor out of it. thanks hope someone can help

Chrisharp897,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hey so i boughtthis vape and it came in the mail two days a
go and so far i dontthink im getting high off of this....i only get visible vapor vyrg rarley but its hot when i inhale... bht the bud is being used as i see it is getting brown am I inhaking it ll and no vapor comes oug? Please tell me that it just needs to break in a lkttle or there is a way to check if is working or any tips on how to get the most vapor out of it. thanks hope someone can help
Are you inhaling properly and holding it in?

Quetzalcoatl,
I have never vaped before, besides a lightbulb, but i have smoked a lot of bud and no know how to inhale and i am holding it in most of the time but i dont sometimes and no vapor still comes out

Chrisharp897,

VisiblyVaped

I have never vaped before, besides a lightbulb, but i have smoked a lot of bud and no know how to inhale and i am holding it in most of the time but i dont sometimes and no vapor still comes out
It's going to, in my opinion, be a tough conversion if this is your only vape....
Hold hits in, let it warm up, keep it on the high temp and pack material full and tightly.

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom