PUFFiT portable

Jenny

VapeGirl
So I got my puffit in the mail yesterday, charged it, and vaped two bowls back to back. There was no vapor(using settings 6-8), only the first couple draws tasted good, all other draws tasted like plastic, and I never felt medicated. Today I only vaped one bowl, not wanting to waste any medication if something is wrong with my unit. Is there a possibility I received a faulty unit? I hope not. Any tips will help.
it takes some getting used too and playing around with it, I've had it since July 8th and I'm just now starting to really enjoy it to it's full potential.

First I have ever heard of "never felt medicated"...
me too, I always get medicated without any visible vapor.

Jenny,
Well this is my first vaporizer and it was my first time using one. I've been a heavy smoker, smoking at least a few bowls a day and a few blunts. Maybe I have a tolerance built up and I should stop for a day or two? Any suggestions help.

Wake_and_Bake,
it takes some getting used too and playing around with it, I've had it since July 8th and I'm just now starting to really enjoy it to it's full potential.

me too, I always get medicated without any visible vapor.
I feel dumb for posting this so soon, but I just loaded puffit again, this time with more medication and packing it down more, put it on 8, and took long slow draws. Doing these things produced some nice vapor clouds for me and now I definitely feel medicated. All there is to wish for now is for the plastic taste to go away, but its not too bad so I give this a 9/10. Hope this helps anyone else wondering what was wrong.

Wake_and_Bake,

OF

Well this is my first vaporizer and it was my first time using one. I've been a heavy smoker, smoking at least a few bowls a day and a few blunts. Maybe I have a tolerance built up and I should stop for a day or two? Any suggestions help.

Sorry to be the guy with the hard news, but if you really want to get into this and draw full benefit you'll have to swear off blazing, for several weeks at least. It's not so much a tolerance issue as getting past all the junk in your system. Getting your THC without all the poisons mixed in with it is just not satisfying your brain because it's not getting the 'triggers' it's used to. It's not the sort of casual transition you can make back and forth like beer or bourbon.

Rest assured, if you started out green and ended up brown, the available THC has for the most part been driven out. If you sucked it in and held it for more than a few seconds, you got half to most of that absorbed. It just got past you because you weren't reacting to all the trash in smoke like you expected.

Give it a go, you'll notice the odd few thousand of us who have singing the praises of the program....note the forum name?

OF

Sorry to be the guy with the hard news, but if you really want to get into this and draw full benefit you'll have to swear off blazing, for several weeks at least. It's not so much a tolerance issue as getting past all the junk in your system. Getting your THC without all the poisons mixed in with it is just not satisfying your brain because it's not getting the 'triggers' it's used to. It's not the sort of casual transition you can make back and forth like beer or bourbon.

Rest assured, if you started out green and ended up brown, the available THC has for the most part been driven out. If you sucked it in and held it for more than a few seconds, you got half to most of that absorbed. It just got past you because you weren't reacting to all the trash in smoke like you expected.

Give it a go, you'll notice the odd few thousand of us who have singing the praises of the program....note the forum name?

OF
Hey, thanks for replying. I feel I fixed my problem, but I am noticing I still don't feel as "medicated" as I did with smoking. I'll try what you suggested and lay off of smoking for awhile.

Wake_and_Bake,
Reactions: OF

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I bought my first vaporizer while blazing and it took me four months before I hit my vaporization epiphany. I would vape before I left for work, and then do a few one-hitters on the drive to work.

One morning I got all the way to work before I realized I was so stoned from vaping, I forgot to do one-hitters.

Let yourself 'straighten up' for a day or so, then try again. In the beginning I had a hard time believing I could get medicated from something that was not killing my lungs and producing huge clouds of evidence.

Be assured, even if you cannot see them, if you can taste them, they will work!

I agree with this. I've read somewhere (perhaps here) that your body's response to inhaling smoke is to "fight" it, as with a virus or infection. That's part of the effect that combust-ers experience that vaporists don't. Also when combustion occurs, all cannabinoids are vaporized at pretty much the same time. Typically not so with vaporizing, unless you crank your vaporizer to 450 F. Seems true of my own experience with vaporization and combustion anyway. Or I could be wrong.

And I echo OF and dogman, it was hard for me to initially switch completely over to vaping. I'd vape a bowl, then smoke a bowl for the first few days, till I took a t break.

kingofnull,
Reactions: OF

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I should've said after cleaning. That's my bad for assuming it was implied to only take clean items.

I would not take a clean scree in... you take a huge risk of getting kicked out. I used to work at a smoke shop. I would have kicked you out. Generally, you don't want to produce anything from outside of the store and ask questions about it. As the store employee we have no idea what that was used for. If it was used for something illegal we could get in trouble for helping you out and selling you a product that is being used for illegal reasons. Just measure the diemete of the screen and ask them for a screen with that diameter. Do not risk taking in the screen, you could get banned from the shop for life if things don't go right... it is not worth the risk.

If I don't medicate enough, I don't feel medicated at times. It is more that you are able to dismiss the light medicated state you are in. This is particularly true with the MFLB and the ioLite for me. I can sit there and use the device for hours, and then say okay so lets medicate now after the session.

Some people have higher tolerances. When I medicate I don't even really get that high anymore. I can do two bowls out of the cloud or a big dab on a TI Nail and go drive my car 10 minutes later. When I tell poeple I just medicated it usually shocks them... they are surprised I don't seem high.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: t-dub
Interesting. That's not been my experience at all, albeit I live in Toronto. I've been in LHS and vapor lounges in my area, and I've definitely experienced people with their own gear.

edit: Especially if it's a clean screen. Could even take an unused extra screen.

kingofnull,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I found a guy on craigslist today selling a puffit for 100 bucks - im so confused, after reading through the pages here there's almost as much negative as there is positive. The guy says he selling it because he cant take the flavor anymore - is this REALLY going do dissipate after time or are we dealing with the same issues that haunt Vapir products - "vaporfarts"!

mvapes,

inkoso

Hey all.

Just want to share my experience thus far.

I ordered mine from GV earlier this week and it came on wednesday. Was really excited, but immediately had problems. Apparently the charging cable was the problem, but it wouldn't hold a charge correctly. In addition to that i'm not seeing any visible vapor, and only gettin a very very small headachy high (honestly i cant even tell if its the weed or the bad taste that makes me feel a bit weird).

I've been in contact with Puffit, and they've suggested things and all. But i called GV today to get a replacement one, because this one is a hassle and i'm sick of the taste. Since i've been hearing about the newer versions with improvements, i wanted to get one of those. The lady at customer service said, 'we just got a new shipment of them', when i asked about the newer improved ones. I asked that i for sure receive the newest one that has been improved, and she said of course.

So overall, i have been extremely unsatisfied. I put bud in the cap, make it vape, but i get nothing. Then when i take the cap off, a plume of vape comes out....wtf? why don't i get any of it. I can't get this thing to work for me (except for 1 time! and i got a vapor cloud, but then the battery problem started and it conked out on me). I'm looking forward to the replacement one, and have high hopes based off the good reviews some people give it. As of right now, i've wasted about 6 bowls in this thing (the bud gets brown, but i get nothing besides a terrible taste coating my mouth), and the taste is still very apparent. I want to clean it but who has syringes just laying around?????

Whatever, i'll see how the replacement works, but for right now if you're considering buying one, i'd hold off for a little. Buy one if you'd like, cause i've seen reviews of people saying their getting clouds with no taste. If that is true, then this thing would be great.

inkoso,

poonman

Interesting. That's not been my experience at all, albeit I live in Toronto. I've been in LHS and vapor lounges in my area, and I've definitely experienced people with their own gear.

edit: Especially if it's a clean screen. Could even take an unused extra screen.

Hey king ,
I've been wanting to check out these vapor lounges myself .
So I can try out different types of vapes out there on the market .
That is one of their services offered , correct ? ( for a fee )

Plus I've seen these vapor parties they would have on the news .
I don't have a problem sharing my gear with other MMAR licensees .
Maybe you know one that has the Puffit for testing ?

Anyhoo ,
Please reply when you get a chance .

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So overall, i have been extremely unsatisfied. I put bud in the cap, make it vape, but i get nothing. Then when i take the cap off, a plume of vape comes out....wtf? why don't i get any of it.

This tells me you're pulling on it too hard. It's a conduction vapourizer, the secret is to draw slowly and gently. You might think you're inhaling slowly, but you're not. Inhaling too fast cools it off and you get weak or no vapour. As soon as you stop pulling, it heats up and vapour forms, that's why you see some when you remove the cap. Try long, slow, gentle hits, or micro-hits (some are calling that the cigar-puff technique over in the Pax thread). Read the section on technique for the MFLB in Vaporedia, a lot of it applies to any conduction vapourizer.

VisiblyVaped

I followed the cleaning instructions.

Syringed the ISO/Salt mix through about 5 times

The smell and taste are still there.

I'm sure the cleaning video from them was an afterthought. They had no intention of us cleaning the vapor path. Until we started asking how. They obviously assumed that the silicone tube wouldn't get dirty. Since Andrew stated that they used a silicone that has a resistance to build up. That answer just proves to me that they never smoked or vaped before and have no clue that resin will build up on anything. That's why it took awhile for us to get the cleaning video. They first had to figure out how to do it.

I'm trying hard not to bash the Puffit.

I do use it 8 times a week.

I can even overlook the battery taking 2 1/2 to 3 hours to charge. Which to me is unacceptable.

But if they don't fix the smell and taste of it.

I doubt there will ever be a second generation Puffit on the market due to them being out of business from the failure of the first.
If i could Id like this post twice

VisiblyVaped,
This tells me you're pulling on it too hard. It's a conduction vapourizer, the secret is to draw slowly and gently. You might think you're inhaling slowly, but you're not. Inhaling too fast cools it off and you get weak or no vapour. As soon as you stop pulling, it heats up and vapour forms, that's why you see some when you remove the cap. Try long, slow, gentle hits, or micro-hits (some are calling that the cigar-puff technique over in the Pax thread). Read the section on technique for the MFLB in Vaporedia, a lot of it applies to any conduction vapourizer.
I've also noticed that taking long, slow draws from it makes the best vapor. If everyone did it like that, I think most of the problems would be solved. And you mentioned the cigar-puff technique.. The name of the device is "PUFFit" for a reason lol.

Wake_and_Bake,

VisiblyVaped

I found a guy on craigslist today selling a puffit for 100 bucks - im so confused, after reading through the pages here there's almost as much negative as there is positive. The guy says he selling it because he cant take the flavor anymore - is this REALLY going do dissipate after time or are we dealing with the same issues that haunt Vapir products - "vaporfarts"!
I'm also aiming for a refurbishment or replacement like a poster above, but i can see why hes selling it..it gets bad, hopefully just the first run.

VisiblyVaped,
Hey king ,
I've been wanting to check out these vapor lounges myself .
So I can try out different types of vapes out there on the market .
That is one of their services offered , correct ? ( for a fee )

Plus I've seen these vapor parties they would have on the news .
I don't have a problem sharing my gear with other MMAR licensees .
Maybe you know one that has the Puffit for testing ?

Anyhoo ,
Please reply when you get a chance .

None offer PUFFiT right now, AFAIK.

I sent you a PM so as not to de-rail the topic too much ;)

kingofnull,
Reactions: poonman

iowcatalyst

Hello I am new to this forum but thought I would let you know of my experience with the puffit.
I ordered it on Thursday, having seen a lot of decent reviews, I was excited for it to arrive, but last night I read some more indepth reviews, then found this forum. On reading about the plasticy taste I was very worried I had made a mistake.
It arrived a few hours ago,, first of all I just took a draw through it with out any herb or even starting the heating cycle, and I could taste the plasticy chlorine taste already. I managed to get through a 3-4 bowls of baccy but the plastic taste was over powering and made me feel weird and gave me a slight headache. I thought it might be the screen, I always heat my screens up with a lighter to get rid of any residue, when the green brown smoke stops it is fine. But on removing the screen, I found that the bottom of the actual heating chamber is made of silicon, what the hell, I thought the washer on the top was a bad idea, but having silicon on the base of the chamber seems ridiculous. So needless to say, this has been put back in the box and will soon be going back to the store I got it from. I will stick with my Iolite for now, when the Pax is more easily available in the uk I might go for that

iowcatalyst,

Smashed

So I bought one from GotVape and received it yesterday, charged it over night. It did the green blinking thing, but depressing the top cap button doesn't work. Pressing 3 times doesn't display battery status. It won't start the heating process if I hold for 2-3 seconds. Nothing. I can definitely hear a small clicking sound. The red light comes on and goes out. And I can't get it to activate. Is there a reset or something I can do?

Smashed,
try rotating your cap the other way? I noticed mine does't work sometimes depending on what way it's been screwed on.

kingofnull,

bigtvapes

Play with the cap. Also, try to charge it again for awhile and try it again. Mine was funky to me at first too but since I've gotten the hang of how to activate it I havent had any problem at all.

bigtvapes,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

So I bought one from GotVape and received it yesterday, charged it over night. It did the green blinking thing, but depressing the top cap button doesn't work. Pressing 3 times doesn't display battery status. It won't start the heating process if I hold for 2-3 seconds. Nothing. I can definitely hear a small clicking sound. The red light comes on and goes out. And I can't get it to activate. Is there a reset or something I can do?

Putting on the black Puffit cap resets it. Or just push the button in and hold it for a few seconds.

Its more of a quick double tap to get the battery status.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Smashed

For sure it doesn't work. Tried double tapping, tripping tapping, holding it in. No change at all and the red light just shuts off.

Smashed,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
For sure it doesn't work. Tried double tapping, tripping tapping, holding it in. No change at all and the red light just shuts off.
You need the chamber cap on and slip the mouthpc cap on for 5 seconds or so to reset. Once its charging or even heating you can take the chamber cap off.

mailto:info@discreetvape.com is also an option but I bet if its a dud your best bet is customer service at GV

BoxofRock,

inkoso

Anyone know if you can get refunded from GV based on how unsatisfied you are with the vape?

i'm asking cause i'm being sent a replacement, but if the next one doesn't work, i'm over it and don't want this thing anymore. I feel like a full refund is reasonable based off how they marketed it as a perfectly working vaporizer; when, so far, it has not been.

inkoso,
Top Bottom