Public Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

I post this brief note to inform all of the members that i'll consider putting anything battery-related on my [Ignore] list, i must not be expected to even pay attention.

Life's too short, i don't want to to be told 1 more word about anything remotely related to a battery, at least for a while. Get it?

:peace:

Peace on earth.

:tup:

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Egzo, we have traded friendly posts, and "Likes" for a while, and I have always welcomed your different approach on things. I think you should start a thread related to your concerns since they seem to rest with the batteries themselves, and our tortuous use of them, and not the particular model of vaporizer? I know, personally, I have had to stop reading many threads because they devolve into this endless stream of models, #'s, specifications etc . . . there seems to be no end to the minutiae. When I go to a vape model specific thread, I want to read about the vape. Mind you an informative post about relevant vape specific battery issues is definietly welcome, but the subject tends to be explored rather heavily, and this seems to be repeating itself . . . :peace:

harmudge

When I go to a vape model specific thread, I want to read about the vape. Mind you an informative post about relevant vape specific battery issues is definietly welcome, but the subject tends to be explored rather heavily, and this seems to be repeating itself . . . :peace:

"Here..Here"...:clap:
Yeah, I'm fed up with 18650's...18500's...button tops...flat tops....any kind of tops...too.
Sometimes it just goes on and on for page after page....it's vapes were interested in. Battery's may be a part of some vapes but it's still the vapes were mostly interested in and not page after page of battery's and their specs or the bending of coat hangers or pieces of tin-foil etc.

harmudge,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
While I can totally see how excessively focusing on any one aspect of the system as being potentially "boring" or "too technical" for some, honestly, I think that the battery driving your vape is almost as important as the design of the vape itself - and since each vaporizer has a different electrical cadence, you can't just talk about things pertaining to the electrical consumption of a vaporizer and expect the characteristics to remain true across all vapes.

I mean, I get irked when I see a dozens of posts in a day about smell and shipping and the types of glass people are using with their vapes - but I just slide my eyes past it and live/let live. It's one of the drawbacks of having a single-thread discussion forum for each model, and because each vape is different it's worth talking about in the context of a single vaporizer. If you must ignore them, then so be it, but where else do you propose we discuss the electrical characteristics and power requirements of each specific vape, as well as the power sources we use to drive them? It's not as trivial a thing as one might think, especially to those of us who want to milk to the highest level of performance out of them.

I can see where the topic bridges a gap though, and that's why all discussion related to the batteries I am building takes place in an exclusive thread. But the way this forum is laid out, is that all discussion related to a specific vaporizer happens in that vaporizers thread. You can't just lump batteries into one category and pretend that's all the discourse that needs to take place on that topic - there's so much more to it then voltage and wattage. Each vape has a different current draw, be it high, low, static or dynamic, protected or not protected. If we make it seem like batteries are just drop and go, and discourage discussion on them, I'm sure one day someone will pop the battery from a Persei into a Flashvape or something like that, thinking it will work fine to have it blow up in their hands. I'd rather we got to talk about it first. And where are we to talk about that?

CentiZen,
Reactions: ShipDit
Maybe start a thread for batteries and battery related issues? I would but I don't know enough to even ask intelligent questions.
It's the numbers man,to many numbers! What do they mean,and why? What works with what and what wont. Just to much to remember. I'll just stick to whatever the factory ships,let them do the math.
Stupid numbers,not even smart enough to be letters. At least with letters we can make words. What have numbers ever done for us?
....too many numbers,where's the end? I know there is no such thing as "the biggest number"'or so they say. Are we sure about that? Is someone keeping an eye on these things? Are the inmates running the asylum now?
WTF?
Sooo, I guess boycott numbers,right? No problem,I'll just stop counting things.
I'll see you in hell numbers,all ten of ya!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Egzoset got in trouble because he kept ignoring this policy:
  • If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
Worse, whether he genuinely misunderstood or not, he was implying that the standard disclaimer that appears with all li-ion batteries somehow made their use in the FlashVAPE dangerous. That's the sort of misinformation that we really don't want originating out of FC. He would have been in just as much trouble in a thread on batteries and battery-related issues.

One of you can start such a thread in General Discussion | Vapor Related Equipment, but the concerns expressed there would have to be genuine and realistic. We won't tolerate scare-mongering.

pakalolo,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

I won't correct statements based on interpretations made without checking with me 1st, and beyond.

I won't be part of threads on batteries at least until some serious power management is being incorporated and discussed openly, at best i'll be lurking around those anyway.

For those who may have failed to notice, i've got my Plan-B and that's quite the end of it.

:peace:

Egzoset,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
I thought you weren't going to pay attention?

I post this brief note to inform all of the members that i'll consider putting anything battery-related on my [Ignore] list, i must not be expected to even pay attention.

stickstones,
Reactions: ShipDit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom