ChooChooCharlie

This utility caddy sits on the floor under my side table.
After session, unscrew coil assembly and drop it in its slot.
Invert Plenty over ashtray to dump out capsule, then it goes into its slot.
Practical and portable. Pretty? Not so much.

6TkhKjkl.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I recently got a Plenty to review and am very impressed. The vapor is my favorite of any S&B device...cool and tasty all the way through the sessions. It's got a funky look and weird design, but after embracing it I really see the benefits. It's firmly in my top ten for vapor production and great for nightcaps!

oyster

Thanks. will investigate that. I won't mess with the coil as suggested :D.
The steamer used regularly seems to help

@oyster - Welcome! Thanks for the post. Readers appreciate it.
Impressive effort!
You could try PBW. Powdered Brewery Wash. Thread here about it.

Whatever you use, best to flush coil well. This lets you crank up the hot water.
Edit: Vodka for drinking only during cleaning

7WsKu5Bl.jpg

I don't advise messing with the curvature of the coil. Fits in a mason jar as is.
Might cause turbulence drag as well, like when you bend a whip a certain way.
I like those nice Dean vortices just the way they are. Better cooling.

baLvMMdm.jpg

Of course, there is an easier solution. S&B wouldn't mind.
MXrPr5Tm.jpg

cloudsosmoke

still trying for shorter vapor path than the coil
its not that easy to replace its cooling power

i got this hydratube and 'foot'

rBVaEVeGDh6AA7xZAAK-lZPuH5s013.jpg

i got the hydratube first - couple months ago
i used in place of coil on top of plenty with 14 - 18 adapter

not bad - nice for a session at 5.5 say - but max temp still a little warm after a time

i saw (..and immediately got.. lol) the foot few weeks ago

with some adjusting twists and rotations
theres just enough room for plenty to sit upside down next to hydratube
they fit very snugly all along their lengths
- like two buildings built next to each other

i dont use any connector - it feels secure to me

it becomes a double recycler but you have to pull hard
..then water migrates from bottom half to top half..
i dont think i know how to use it properly - doh
..some reading in the glass threads for me..
but it did give similar amount of cooling as coil

i think recyclers are meant to be the best for cooling vapor - longer time spent in contact with water

Mrbrown81k

Hey @ChooChooCharlie - Got my first use of the reducing chamber last night...thx! Very effective use of dinky loads. I used two capsules, and when I checked them this morning I couldn't tell the difference between the abv form the ground load or the abv from the nugget load!
If you had to choose from a mighty or a plenty which would you get? Im tired of this terrible battery in the crafty, Im down to 2 sessions per charge. My only concern with the plenty is the ease of cleaning. Also has anyone been able to successfully change the battery on a crafty themselves? Really dont feel like sending it in again...

Mrbrown81k,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If I had to pick one it would be the mighty for portability. I get 6 to 8 bowls with mine before it drains. I never use my crafty.

But that doesn't mean it approaches the plenty. I need two mighty bowls to get me there, whereas the big bowl of the plenty always has me using a spacer or the dosing capsules. And I am a big fan of the plenty vapor!

It's hard to compare the two because they were designed to be complimentary to each other and they hit different talking points completely.

cloudsosmoke

@Mrbrown81k

crafty battery change was @Vambo1980 i think

mighty is quick and convenient - just like crafty
plenty takes me a little longer to set up

i remember from S&B faq ..plenty has x3 airflow of mighty
- so you can coax big clouds out even more easily

im using water tools atm so i dont have to clean cooling coil
..i get to clean glass instead lol
i think maybe it doesnt need it too often ..but does take a while to dry inside

for the heating chamber i just unscrew ..brush out and then drop in iso jar ..just like crafty c/u

edit
much more precise temp control for mighty
plenty has long whip ..mighty is sip-able

Last edited:

Vapor Trails

Hey, guys, do you feel the Plenty is smoother or conserves better than the Volcano since you can take a pull when needed instead of being devoted to a whole bag? My Volcano is okay, but it seems to be a little too dry, and I've seen other say the same and say the Plenty was noticeably smoother. Any Volcano/PLENTY owner out there for comparison?

Vapor Trails,

ChooChooCharlie

Hey, guys, do you feel the Plenty is smoother or conserves better than the Volcano since you can take a pull when needed...

Sorry @Vapor Trails , I don't own your vapes, but I hope you are not under the impression that the Plenty's handle switch enables some version of "on-demand" vaping. It does not. It's a session vape; no on-demand pronto heating here. The handle switch has one function: Safety. S&B are obsessed with safety. They are also obsessed with fucking combustion. Can't recall anyone reporting a combustion event, just great vapor.

I'm getting similar draw counts for similar weights you posted in the Evo thread. The new dosing capsules with chamber reducer address the common complaint that it's a weed hog. In addition to their obvious efficiency, capsules allow for easy and fun control of your consumption -- budgeting or dosing, call it what you will.

Possible capsule session styles include:
  • Heat setting seven. Four minute warmup. Three great draws, three cleanup draws, done in a couple minutes.
  • Dumpus Interruptus: Dump out capsule onto safe surface, take a break. Start again later. (herb is away from chamber heat during break)

Vapor Trails

I hope you are not under the impression that the Plenty's handle switch enables some version of "on-demand" vaping. It does not. It's a session vape; no on-demand pronto heating here
No, that is not the impression that I am under at all. I am under the impression that once the heat reaches the desired temperature the heat begins to drop off. In this scenario 2-3 draws would probably go over the course over cooling it back to around 320 degrees. This way I can lay the plenty on a porcelain plate by my bed, and if I can't move well or have too much pain to get up in the night, I should be able to heat it up and get a few draws as heat falls off. But, my most important question that I have asked here, in the EVO thread, emailed a mod, and posted in another forum to ask and have never gothen an answer to is "Is it true that the vapor from the Plenty is smoother than the Volcano?". Has anyone read it or experienced it? The answer to this is very important to me, and is my point of decision of whether or not to purchase.

Vapor Trails,

ChooChooCharlie

But it would be cool, though.:brow:
Just think, 10 sec heat up times! ...we can dream, or visit the Herbalizer thread.

I read a couple recent posts on another forum that must be written by you, @Vapor Trails . I think I get what you're talking about on density and flow velocity. Locked into one recipe with Volcano, variable with Plenty. Yes. My experience has been: Slower the draw, denser the vapor. Vaper's choice.

About smoothness, sorry but I can't say. Other than the air flow velocity variable, because both the Volcano and Plenty operate similarly on a macro level of heated air flowing past herb, I wouldn't expect much of a difference.

But you may find that your requirements are well met by the Plenty. Your use description of laying down and reaching for a vape to easily bring to your lips describes a great match with the Plenty's design. It has a handle -- what a concept. And, it's designed to be set down flat on its side the way you said, as it has rubber grommets on one side. Don't worry about the need for a burn resistant surface like porcelain. The cooling coil's helix is off-center by design. Twisted on correctly, coil will not touch table surface. Very safe with auto shutoff of the heater.

Of course, you have probably researched alternatives. On-demand vapes may address your need for frequent, rapid and limited dosage. Or a log you could leave on, as there seem to be many log users who describe using theirs in this manner. But both of these options require attentive user involvement to get consistent results and avoid combustion. Good luck!

Vapor Trails

So you're able to milk massive hits with long, slow draws? Also, how does your AVB look as far as how dark brown is it when you finish a session with the Plenty?

As far as the Volcano, I've seen one person discussing theory on the extraction process of the herb in the Plenty somehow seeming to be different than that of the Volcano, and have a theory of the particles size of vapor being different, but we don't understand how with near exact components. I don't know how this could be, besides the heater being directly below the chamber on the Plenty, but 100s of percent further path required for the heat to reach the herb chamber on a Volcano. So, the Plenty has a seemingly more 'direct' heating/vaporizing method to the herbs Vs forced air traveling a pretty good distance to try to reach heat to the herb location and force air thru. I'm not really sure. The 2 replies I have gotten so far said that simply any bag vape was surprisingly harsh when they had one handed to them. Who knows :/
I just wish I knew so I could place my order tonight and the Plenty would be here by Friday, but have to be sure the Plenty gives Very strong hits (yet not harsh), because my tolerance is high because of symptoms from an illness. It takes a lot to knock out some symptoms before relaxation occurs, and I need a lot of vapor in each pull. My Volcano simply does not do this without being wasteful. Bags are whisky vapor where as I'd like thick vapor and not so much air.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Vapor Trails

I had a Volcano... I still have my Plenty.
For me the bag vapor was too harsh at higher temps so I was forced tonier it at low temps and that was not good for my pain.
With the Plenty I start at 6 and go all the way up to Max temp without any problem at all.

Clouds can be huge for sure!!
All depends on your bud quality and capacity of your lungs!

I have a pretty good tolerance and the Plenty has no problems getting me super medicated. But again, this is all bud quality!

@ChooChooCharlie

I have ordered the newish reducer plate and some dosage capsules! Hoping to get the Plenty back in rotation again!

EDIT for @Vapor Trails
My preferred set up is to load a layer of herb and then place the oil pad on top.
I am hoping to eliminate this with the reducer and dosage capsules as it can be a weed hog.
Vapor flavor is great and clouds are good. The first few hits after reaching temp are great!! Very flavorful and tasty! As it warms up from more hits, they get stronger and clouds get denser!
This is usually where i start to sweat!

There is also an easy mod to attach the Plenty to a WT!
This cools it down even more and allows for bigger clouds.

ABV is always even at the temp range you choose, anything from straw to dark brown.

I prefer it dry just using the cooling coil as it does not irritate my throat like some of my other vapes do.

You will also get into the habit of just squeezing the trigger every now and then to reset the timer.
Only time i ever have issues is when i am deep into a session and the brain is a bit cloudy... And then it is usually time to stop anyway...

A great vape that can be a big hitter!
Very solid and reliable, i am the 3rd owner of this Plenty!
Very easy to maintain and clean and very easy to use.
I don't think you will be going wrong with this vape!

Last edited:

Vapor Trails

@Vapor Trails

I had a Volcano... I still have my Plenty.
For me the bag vapor was too harsh at higher temps so I was forced tonier it at low temps and that was not good for my pain.
With the Plenty I start at 6 and go all the way up to Max temp without any problem at all.

Clouds can be huge for sure!!
All depends on your bud quality and capacity of your lungs!

I have a pretty good tolerance and the Plenty has no problems getting me super medicated. But again, this is all bud quality!

@ChooChooCharlie

I have ordered the newish reducer plate and some dosage capsules! Hoping to get the Plenty back in rotation again!

EDIT for @Vapor Trails
My preferred set up is to load a layer of herb and then place the oil pad on top.
I am hoping to eliminate this with the reducer and dosage capsules as it can be a weed hog.
Vapor flavor is great and clouds are good. The first few hits after reaching temp are great!! Very flavorful and tasty! As it warms up from more hits, they get stronger and clouds get denser!
This is usually where i start to sweat!

There is also an easy mod to attach the Plenty to a WT!
This cools it down even more and allows for bigger clouds.

ABV is always even at the temp range you choose, anything from straw to dark brown.

I prefer it dry just using the cooling coil as it does not irritate my throat like some of my other vapes do.

You will also get into the habit of just squeezing the trigger every now and then to reset the timer.
Only time i ever have issues is when i am deep into a session and the brain is a bit cloudy... And then it is usually time to stop anyway...

A great vape that can be a big hitter!
Very solid and reliable, i am the 3rd owner of this Plenty!
Very easy to maintain and clean and very easy to use.
I don't think you will be going wrong with this vape!
You've got me excited! So you can attest the vapor is thicker from the Plenty once it gets going than vapor from the Volcano? See, I never get the sweats from a Volcano hit, but I'm sure wanting to experience what you get to experience! The Plenty sounds incredible!

So, it sounds to me that you are getting 'more vapor per draw' and running higher temps with less harshness Vs your old Volcano while more completely extracting your ingredients into a nice dark brown? Is this correct?
Since different strains do vape differently, I find this the Volcano's downfall, and am guessing the Plenty's advantage? I'll explain. The Volcano, anyones Volcano will forever extract at once speed, and it won't give anyone an option to add thicker vapor and less air. It operates at one speed. If there is a strain that is not vaporizing well, it often needs more heat or a longer time for the heat to pass the herb than blasting it past. Imagine if we could slow a Volcano by 50% and have 50% less air and 50% more vapor and ingredients extracted into a bag. If we could do this we could choose vapor strength and take less or more inhales depending on what speed settingredients their are. With the Plenty it seems we can pull slower than the Volcano to in theory have complete control over our vapor to air ratio. I would imagine a 10-15 second draw at the same full lung capacity would extract much more than a 3-5 second rip. The Plenty sounds like a winner. I'm almost fully convinced to make that purchase now!

Edit: When you guys say it is a weed hog, do you simply mean the bowl is massive, or does the Plenty waste herbs like a weed hog?

What is the "Boost" feature, and what does it do exactly?

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
You've got me excited! So you can attest the vapor is thicker from the Plenty once it gets going than vapor from the Volcano? See, I never get the sweats from a Volcano hit, but I'm sure wanting to experience what you get to experience! The Plenty sounds incredible!

So, it sounds to me that you are getting 'more vapor per draw' and running higher temps with less harshness Vs your old Volcano while more completely extracting your ingredients into a nice dark brown? Is this correct?

Correct! I just did a session on 7 from start to finish and it was good. Some harshness but that was due to the amount of terps in this strain, causes my throat to hurt but disappears as the flavor tames down.

Since different strains do vape differently, I find this the Volcano's downfall, and am guessing the Plenty's advantage? I'll explain. The Volcano, anyones Volcano will forever extract at once speed, and it won't give anyone an option to add thicker vapor and less air. It operates at one speed. If there is a strain that is not vaporizing well, it often needs more heat or a longer time for the heat to pass the herb than blasting it past. Imagine if we could slow a Volcano by 50% and have 50% less air and 50% more vapor and ingredients extracted into a bag. If we could do this we could choose vapor strength and take less or more inhales depending on what speed settingredients their are. With the Plenty it seems we can pull slower than the Volcano to in theory have complete control over our vapor to air ratio. I would imagine a 10-15 second draw at the same full lung capacity would extract much more than a 3-5 second rip. The Plenty sounds like a winner. I'm almost fully convinced to make that purchase now!

You got it!
Volcano = One extraction speed with multiple temps
Plenty = Variable extraction by temp adjust and draw speed.
For me the Volcano excelled at low temp bags! Amazing flavor but still harsh. With the Plenty i get all i need fro m low temp, full flavor to lung busters, all with a quick twist of the dial.

Edit: When you guys say it is a weed hog, do you simply mean the bowl is massive, or does the Plenty waste herbs like a weed hog?

The bowl is massive but i tame it down with the oil pad.
I have also ordered this to help:
http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/shop/plenty/plenty-filling-chamber-reducer.html

What is the "Boost" feature, and what does it do exactly?

I have no idea and would love to know!

In white in the quote.
Thought it would be easier!

ChooChooCharlie

@lazylathe - great reading your posts here again. I'm sure both you and your Plenty will enjoy your reunion together, especially when you show her the new reducer toys you bought.:love:

Hope you bought the entire chamber with reducer, and not the insert alone. I suggest this one:
http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/shop/plenty/plenty-filling-chamber-reduced.html

There are three tiny tabs of plastic whose job is to keep the relatively heavy steel insert from falling out when inverted. These tiny plastic tabs get fatigued if you try swapping out the steel inserts repeatedly. So, anyone interested in the Plenty's reducer, buy the entire assembly linked above.

Now your Plenty is more versatile. Easily swapped chambers when required -- solo vs groups. Very handy feature.

Vapor Trails

@Obveron now that you tell us furthur about your habits of consumption, it does seem like the Plenty would be a unit well suited for a user such as yourself.

Go for it.

Edit: @nanash1 here's an in vitro research comparing the extraction effectiveness of different vaporizers - the volcano, the plenty, the arizer solo and the da vinci.
The arizer solo was the best in that department.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147286
Guys, does this prove that not only is the Volcano more effective at extraction than the Plenty, but an Arizer Solo extracts more than a Volcano? How could this be? I didn't read thoroughly enough once I got to the charts at the bottom and could see which units were extracting what. Do yall think an Arizer Solo or Volcano is hitting nearly 100% harder than the Plenty? Is it really possible to say "I essentially have 40% more bud than you do because I'm extracting 40% more"? I wonder what the actual chemical reaction is within the body vs what the test says, because I can't imagine conserving nearly 50% by purchasing an Arizer Solo, but if it's true, you betchya I'll spend one hundred bucks if its some super extractor. Any thoughts on this article?

I tried out what you did in the third pic (well kinda- 14mm male to 18mm female adapter, then an 18mm male to male adapter). Worked perfectly! Had a hydrabomb on it and also inverted it on a FC187. ENDLESS clouds.

Great testing finding out it's convection capabilities- I always said the Plenty is underrated for it's taste.
Hey, I noticed you owned both a Plenty and Volcano. Because of the temperature difference I am concerned. Do you feel the Plenty extracts as much from the herb at the lower Maximum temperature of the Plenty vs 446 on the Volcano?

@CalyxSmokr - differing views on this. I use about 0.1g every two hours. Works for me.
Some would say use log vapes for micro loads, and Plenty for big rips/amounts/parties.

How long will a session last with a start and finish temperature of 7 while using as little as 0.1? Does your AVB always look dark, or does it sometimes not seem completely done and have to be reclaimed? I'm very confused as to why the temperature on the Plenty is so different than the Volcano. I don't feel 446 on my Volcano is hot enough, but perhaps by the time it reaches the herb chamber the temp never reaches over 400 on the Volcano, and in that case the 2 devices would be hitting the same temperature. Is it enough heat to extract the ingredients to make you sleepy? Sleep is a number one concern when it comes to vapor profile, because if it can't put me to sleep I have to combust to reach the effects. I want the Plenty, but I want to be sure it is completely satisfying.

Do you ever have to remove the chamber to check if it is done, or is it consistent enough in taste that you know when it is finished?

@lazylathe How come you stopped using your Plenty? Are you unhappy with the performance in the regular sized chamber?

Thank you so much for all of your help! Going to S&B site now to ask them to take my money, and my Volcano is headed to eBay! Im a bit envious of who gets the cano, because I kept dust from even getting on it. I used it personally a lot, but not a hiccup for the person who loves a bag vape that doesnt mind one extraction method and speed, only, with temperature as the only way to attempt adjusting vapor density. I admit I liked the milky bags an EQ would make on the slowest fan speed setting. That simple ability to control flow would make the Volcano golden again, and would probably have Volcano owners immediately placing orders for the new model with a vapor intestity adjustment. I will not lie...if they do that I would buy a Volcano all over again, but I see S&B as money makers, and the Volcano probably sells even better today than when released.

Lazylathe, when will your reducer be in? I'm curious if it works better for the Plenty. I have the reducer for the Volcano, but since it doesn't change the rate of flow, herbs do not seem to want to vape in the Cano with a reducer. I imagine the slower, longer draws from the Plenty should heat the herb thoroughly. I just wish the oil pad didn't still have to be used with the Plenty reduced to keep herb from moving. Seems the disposable capsules may be the only way to keep the her steady in the Plenty. Ive seen some pack it to the screen, and perhaps this works..., and Ive seen people take the coil off of the Plenty and poke/invert the top screen to try to make contact with the top of the reducer to keep herb in place without pads or packing to the top. Id like to know if the screen really does invert far enough. If I dont have to use capsules and am not forced tk fill the chamber to the screen Id love a Plenty with reducer. Again, if any Volcano owners are reading this, the reducer has shown 0 improvement for me. The speed that pump cooks your herbs are the same, but somehow it is not at all thorough. I spent my time taking the cap of and essentially waiting until the herb were dry enough to crush with my fingers in the tiny reduced spot, and then vapor would finally extract at that rate of air passing by, but then I put the same amount in a full size chamber in the cano, which was .15, and it vaped like it should. Played with the reducer for a couple of weeks, going back and forth from full size to normal, and never using a pad, yet always better results without the reduced fitment. So, I believe the reduced tech belongs more with the Plenty by taking slow enough draws for the top section of herb to reach and vape like the same as the bottom section of the chamber. What was happening with me is my Vaolcano was blasting at one rste, and at that rate the bud was only reachingredients peak temperature on the bottom portion, leaving the top portion mostlt fresh green after a full bag at 446 degrees. I think it needs a slow pull to give time for peak heat to reach the top of the packed herb reducer, and this is where speed can only be controlled by the Plenty when using the reduced chamber.

Please, let me know if you get a more thorough vape with the reducer with the Plenty! I had a bad experience with the reducer and the Volcano, but I think the Plenty may be perfect for it, since I think slow, long draws must be taken to completely vape a filled, reduced chamber. That peak heat has to get past the bottom, and to the top of the chamber and needs more time than given by the Volcano. Peak temp needs to reach the top of the packed herbs, or of course the full chamber isn't evenly vaping. Rushed air only seems to vape the bottom half, and so the Volcano is at an automatic disadvantage using the reducer with no control over draw/wind speed, and it simply can't vape the top section, because the bottom of the chamber/herbs have to warm first, and the top of the chamber will stay unvaped until heat has held contact long enough to reach all the way thru. The Volcano reduced just never gives time for the top herbs to hit the boiling points they should for even a halfway decently even vape, because it won't slow down. The Cano just banged the bag full, probably heated only 1/4 of the bottom at the claimed 446 due to too much air speed, didn't let the herbs heat soak at all, and would not vape the top end. The whole one speed thing is a really massive downside for the Cano that most are either unaware of or do not want to admit, but we're talking about the BMW of vapes not having a single adjustment to change flow for stubborn to vape strains. I hope it works great with the Plenty, and Plenty of long draws.

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Vapor Trails

Okay, here goes!
From the chart, the Plenty extracts more than the Volcano but they say the Volcano extracts more later on...
Reading through the experiments i was a bit disappointed with their test bed...
50mg is not a lot of material to load and then to NOT use the liquid pad in the volcano seems a bit unfair...
They used the liquid pad with the Plenty testing, so not similar across the board.
At the end they state the S&B products to provide the best vapor for patients:

"Devices such as Volcano Medic® and Plenty Vaporizer® providing rather cold vapor for a mild, less airways-irritating inhalation revealed a smaller recovery of cannabinoids in the vapor compared to Arizer Solo®. However, this device, designed to release a maximum amount of cannabinoids into the vapor and lacking a cooling tube, produces a rather hot vapor, which may be less tolerated by patients."

Also remember that the Volcano heating element is at 446 and not the air entering the herb chamber. The temp at the herb chamber should be right around 410 as well, but this also depends on room temp and unit temp and herb chamber temp. I found my volcano experience improved a bit with a long heat up time and pre-warming the herb chamber for a while before filling it. Even then, it was not what i was looking for. And i traded my EVO for the Volcano...

Then there is the HUGE conduction VS convection debate. The Solo is a conduction vape in which the material sits in a glass tube surrounded by a heater that is always on and heating... The Solo should NOT have been included in the testing, IMO.

0,1g session will last me about 10 to 15 minutes, it is a session vape and cannot be hurried along unless you have massive lungs and can take monster rips! ABV is always perfectly even in the Plenty and in any other S&B product as well!
I will say that at MAX on the Volcano i could not handle the taste of the bags! Very hot, dry vapor that made me cough a lot, even through water.
I never open the chamber, when the vapor stops at 7 it is done! Open it up and you will find very nice, perfectly even ABV.

My reducer should be here in 2 weeks or so and i will update then.
Even with the oil pad, the Plenty is a beast! 0,1g with the oil pad is enough for me to get fully medicated.
It takes less than a second to place the oil pad and for the huge improvement it provides, i do not have any concerns using it. I used to use the oil pads with my Crafty and the Mighty i c=borrowed for a while and even in my Volcano.
I am not sure if it will vape any more thoroughly though. I know there will be more added conduction so that may throw the taste off for me, who knows!

If you really are a bag type of person, why not check out the HerbalAire thread?
IMO they are the BEST bag type vape out there!
Super thick, tasty vapor that you can slow the pump down and really tailor it to what you want.
Check this out:
http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/herbalaire-elite-review.8/

There are so many good vapes out there at the moment and finding one perfect vape may take some trial and error. What works well for me, you may hate! and vice versa.
You asked why the Plenty fell out of favor, check my signature for all my toys!
My top 3 vapes at the moment are:
1- Roor Vpor
2- Milaana and Supreme 3
3- MiniVap

All my other vapes fall into backups or occasional use when the mood strikes me!
They all serve a purpose, i just prefer some over others!
Good luck with your decision!

@ChooChooCharlie

I just bought the reducer for now... Hope it does not break the bowl.
Luckily i can pick up new bowls locally unlike the reducer.
And i am 99% a solo vaper so it will most likely not be switched and if it is an improvement, it will stay in place.
Also bought some new brushes since the only one i have is in the Plenty again as a stand... The S&B brushes are really nice.

Last edited:

Vapor Trails

I'm at the S&B order screen, but am not sure if I want the reducer or not. I'm short on money and would only buy it if there is a definite improvement in extraction. What improvement do you guys get with the reducer besides the smaller bowl size?

What do you guys do exactly when using the liquid pad in the large bowl/chamber? The liquid pad with my Volcano is too tight of a fit in the bowl, and is hard to remove without pliers or getting creative with some tool. Is the pad a tight fit like that with the Plenty?

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Vapor Trails

This is how i load my Plenty and remember i like smaller loads.
When in a group i do not use the liquid pad and just fill the bowl.

I grind up some bud and lay a thin layer over the screen, maybe 1mm thick.
Drop on the liquid pad, it fits looser in the Plenty than the Volcano, and close the lid.
Place on Plenty and turn unit on and squeeze the trigger to start heating.
Wait for the click and hit!
Then remember to squeeze the trigger every few minutes to keep it at operating temp.

I only bought the reducer as a novelty thing to try out!
The normal version works so well without the reducer and served me well for a very long time.
My one concern about the reducer is that the added bulk of metal will add conduction characteristics to the vape, something i am not interested in. As soon as it arrives i will test it out and let you know!
For me it is not a required accessory as i find it works so well with just the herb covering the screen and the oil pad.

After 2 sessions last night i slept like the dead!

ChooChooCharlie

@Vapor Trails :
Yes, get the reducer with housing I linked above. Add a magazine of eight capsules. About $30. I'll buy it back from you if you don't like the experience.

The pads do work as an herb stabilizer, but I prefer not to bother. They get sticky with use, so need to clean and wait to dry. Simple tweezers will dislodge it, but it's one more messy bothersome thing to deal with.

The capsules improve the entire session experience. Simple things give me pleasure. Like preloading eight capsules, dropping it in, dumping it out. No muss no fuss.

I do not claim that it's somehow magically more efficient using the capsules. Before this reducer system was introduced, I was happily using 0.08 to 0.15 just by pinching and spreading it on the stock chamber screen. Long slow draw on level seven with Plenty held vertically works. I use a silicone straw so I can comfortably hold it vertical while drawing slowly.

The reducer's new chamber dimensions eliminate the voids left when spreading tiny loads over the large stock chamber screen. Those voids reduced each cloud's density. So, the new reduced chamber drops the number of draws needed, with improved density, given the same load weight.

Using the reducer changes the size and shape of the chamber into a replica of the Crafty/Mighty bowl.
But the Plenty has more, uh, ...ooomph (that's the technical term)

Here's a neat capsule trick to show off the strength of the Plenty's convection heating:
Let the Plenty do its 4 minute warm up empty, then put in capsule. Vapor on first long slow draw.
No priming required, no "heat soaking," no time for conduction to do its thing.
Zero to vaping in 4 minutes. Not great, but better than many if you include their "heat soak" requirements (which is a euphemism for conductive preheating)

Vapor Trails

@ChooChooCharlie

So the reducer does in fact enhance the vapor profile, extracts quicker, extracts more, and already extracting visible vapor on the 1st hit with no heat soak of the herb? Do you feel for fact your herbs are more thoroughly vaporized, or possibly even notice the difference in the color of your AVB? Can you you notice the difference in draw speed with the narrow path? Slower the draw could mean better density.

Since the capsules are disposable I never used the free one that came with the reducer kit I got for my Volcano to try. I just put the herb in, because I pre-prep everything in medicine cups, and can simply pour perfect doses very quickly. Somehow the reducer caused the Volcano to not fully vaporize the material. Do you notice the same vapor profile difference if you do not place your herbs in capsules, but directly in the reduced chamber with a pad? I'm just curious since that is how I would use it vs purchasing the disposables.
Have you ever tried clipping a disposable capsule together and squishing it a bit to see if it may possibly cover the herb as a screen for loading herb freely in the reducer, and then just sit the coin on top as a cover and not have to fiddle with a pad?

ChooChooCharlie

@Vapor Trails - Yes, it's the new geometry of the reduced chamber bowl that suits small loads so well.
Loading herb directly into this bowl with a scoopula or your medicine cups works.
Another reader asked a similar question, so I tried a 0.2 load directly.
I showed pics earlier. Used in different orientations, gave it a test bump, herb stayed in reduced chamber bowl.

Don't own a Volcano, but wondering whether same nipple trick I use would work for the cano.
If you leave your Plenty upper screen concaved inward, it will not make good contact with the reducer's inner raised rim. Then, if you tilt and/or bump it the herb spills into the "moat" area on top of the reducer. Doesn't vape well and makes a mess.

Your session patterns make you sound more and more like advertising copy for this new capsule and reducer system. You say you like to prepare doses ahead of time? Like dosage control? Without the hassle due to pain issues? Capsules to the rescue! Please note: despite what you may have read, these capsules are far from disposable. Been using the same set since they came out, what, three months now.

If you want to use less than 0.1 effectively, it should be held down nearest the incoming heat. What you suggested with the capsule may cause it to get wedged. The Crafty/Mighty sized liquid pads hold load down very well. Same load size will work in capsule -- just use a couple honeycomb glass screens on top as a spacer, then close capsule lid. They dump out easily. Preload a bunch. Empty and load all in a batch over a tray. Can you spell OCD?

Like the capsule system so much, I've encouraged @Ratchett to design a quick loading capsule tray device. He can name it anything he likes, but my suggestion is the "Doser Dozer." (I have an aliterate alliteration addiction)

Top Bottom