ChooChooCharlie

Love the reducer but it is slippery. Screens on top of herb do not stay in place and neither does the spacer. Someone said they changed the top screen so in bowed outwards. I'm going to try that with the spacer.

Hi @dirtdragon , I'm the one who suggested "un-concaving" the upper screen. Twist off coil, use your brush handle to bow it out. It won't stay bowed out, but it will flatten out nicely after first session. The reducer's smaller inner raised rim will push flush against screen.

Try this for fun: Detach and hold orange herb chamber and slowly twist on upper black housing. Listen closely and you can hear the rim touch/rub the upper screen.

Shouldn't overfill beyond that rim height, but also should not under-fill without pad as spacer. Much like the Crafty/Mighty, because the reducer's herb chamber has identical dimensions to those. Capsule is perfect size -- flush with edge of reducer's inner rim height so the upper screen will hold it. The upper screen helps to hold/contain your content, whether that content is A) herb with pad not protruding above reducer's rim, B) loaded to rim herb without pad on top, or C) capsule (neat&easy).

I posted pic on previous page showing the ghosted ABV traces of a capsule. This shows how snug the capsule was during session, in direct contact with upper screen.

I second the advice from @blacksilversurfer -- capsules uber alles !!

blacksilversurfer

You can order from s and b website.
When I ordered my reducer it came with one single capsule in the pack.
One capsule is usable, but I would recommend getting some more.
U can get a 8 pack that come in a handy magazine or u can get a pack of 40 capsules that come with no magazine.
Good luck......

stinkytofus

You can order from s and b website.
When I ordered my reducer it came with one single capsule in the pack.
One capsule is usable, but I would recommend getting some more.
U can get a 8 pack that come in a handy magazine or u can get a pack of 40 capsules that come with no magazine.
Good luck......
How many grams am i looking to be using if i use the capsule with the reducer ?

stinkytofus,

Mrbrown81k

im torn between buying the plenty with a reducer or just buying a Mighty. I already own a crafty but the battery is only lasting about 2 sessions now. If I do buy a Plenty though I dont want to be using capsules or liquid pads. Is it difficult to keep the herb in the reducer without a liquid pad?

Mrbrown81k,

mayanhippy

Permaculture regenerative LivingSoil
Plenty vs MiniVap portable vaporizer? ?? Pros nd cons? Many thanks vape fam

mayanhippy,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Portability of mv wins, both are powerful units with IMO similar vapor profiles (taste, production, quality and effect).

I love the simplicity of the mv unit, screens stay much cleaner and overall mv needs less cleaning. Plenty whip is a huge pia in my opinion to clean and dry... Mv is a super easy stem.

cloudsosmoke

@Mrbrown81k

theres good info about how to use plenty with reducer in a post higher up on this page from ypur post

..so with full reducer and bowed screen - not difficult

id only add that with partial loads
ive used pac-manned screen i normally use with crafty
works ok for me using any amount - like it does with crafty
if you dont draw too strongly (..maybe at the end?) herb/abv stays in reducer

if you get plenty
..could you then still upgrade to mighty at your next crafty RMA - to avoid future battery issues?

ChooChooCharlie

im torn between buying the plenty with a reducer or just buying a Mighty. I already own a crafty but the battery is only lasting about 2 sessions now. If I do buy a Plenty though I dont want to be using capsules or liquid pads. Is it difficult to keep the herb in the reducer without a liquid pad?

Not difficult. This weighed 0.2g, should look familiar to you as a Crafty user. Same size. No mess, but I still prefer capsules and their ease.

PlQB8ZNl.jpg

Found better way of pre-shaping upper screen. Press screen down on reducer's inner rim and create a nipple-like protrusion. After push fitting it back into the black housing, gently prod from the rear with brush to make that nipple stand proud. (lighting in pic exaggerates size of nipple) Rigid nipples resist concaving. Also, have abandoned the normal-plus-fine screen doubling up mentioned in prior post.

Curious why you are not interested in the capsules. I use them exclusively now.
PM me your info and I'll mail you a few. Try it, you'll like it.

Mrbrown81k

Curious why you are not interested in the capsules. I use them exclusively now.
PM me your info and I'll mail you a few. Try it, you'll like it.
I hear they feel somewhat cheap so I question the quality of the metal they use. Its bad enough there is so much plastic in this unit already I'd like to avoid adding anything else that may not great for my health in there. Im probably just paranoid though, but thats what weed does to you!:p
Thanks for the offer of sending me some, but when I order the reducer I believe it comes with one so Ill try it then. But I appreciate it!

Mrbrown81k,
Reactions: oyster

ChooChooCharlie

Hello @loug , you said you're not a cooling coil enthusiast? How can you be a true Plenty lover without fully embracing the entirety of its beauty, especially that sexy cooling coil?!

You probably missed it, but back on p.50 I made a guess the stand from p.13 was armature wire.
Thanks for reminding me. That was my capsule and reducer ordering day. A happy day, indeed.

Made a guess on the size, 3/16 inch, sold in 10ft coil for $8. Aluminum, meant for sculptors. This thickness wire will probably require strong hands to bend and shape. Plenty side screw holes measure about 1/4inch, so guessing 3/16 will fit snug.

The creator of this stand, @Receptor , is probably pleased with your admiration. If he/she is still reading FC, maybe we'll hear if my guess is accurate. Or bring your Plenty to craft store that stocks the wire and test fit, like Cinderella. Tell them it's a hot air generator, as it is one. Just like me.

loug

Thanks, CCC - the 3/16 is a good suggestion. As far as the cooling coil, a whip seems better for multiple users - hard to pass the whole Plenty around :) I think a 9/16 silicone will fit without shimming...

ChooChooCharlie

When passing, be safe: Remember how your mother told you to pass scissors. :)
Be polite and point the handle towards recipient.
The bottom section stays cooler, so you should grip there when passing.

Any other reducer/capsule addicts, er, uh, users out there with comments?
How full do you pack? 0.13, 0.15?
How many draws?

ChooChooCharlie

Who says the Plenty isn't sexy?! Check out that pair.
Gets chilly drying off after a hot iso bath. Nippy.

72k5vFKm.jpg

Great psychological herb budgeting trick:
Load each of eight capsules with 0.125g, and you have a perfect gram for the day.
A gram a day keeps the blues away.
(now try loading each with exactly 0.125 huh-huh, yeah, huh-huh, he said nippy, huh-huh)

oyster

I hear they feel somewhat cheap so I question the quality of the metal they use. Its bad enough there is so much plastic in this unit already I'd like to avoid adding anything else that may not great for my health in there. Im probably just paranoid though, but thats what weed does to you!:p
Thanks for the offer of sending me some, but when I order the reducer I believe it comes with one so Ill try it then. But I appreciate it!

I had the same thought. I think I will only use the reducer. Have you tried the reducer? Does it look good quality?

Hello, Im brand new here..I though I was a lonely soul in the vaporizer world until I found this forum :D.
I feel I found my community LOL.
Just want to share my experience and get precious advises from you gurus.
This is for people who want to clean the coil without isopropyl.
After using the plenty for 1 year without cleaning it ( it looked like a hard job) yesterday I decided it was about time. So .. big dilemma, how to clean the spiral coil without isopropyl?????
Searched like crazy but only found people suggested using isopropyl (despite many people said to avoid using it as it's somehow toxic). I wanted to avoid it at all costs.
Some people suggested pure grain alcohol and polish vodka (90%). Hard to find both (where I live).
I thought ok..let me try with vinegar..

I disassembled the baby and found that inside the coil (near the hole that connects to the unit) was pretty sticky (used a torch).
I filled the coil with vinegar and covered one side of the hole with cling film and a rubber band. Left it overnight. In the morning I could still see dirt inside.
Next I did the following:
Immerged the coil in water vinegar and bicarbonate of soda..boiled it for half an hour approximately..then tried to put bicarbonate of soda directly inside the coil and then pour boiling water..at that point I started to see black stuff melting and coming out from the coil (finally gettign some results). It look cleaner but still could see something.
So I used a steam cleaner. put the nozzle in the coil and sprayed hot vapour like hell for few minutes...Even cleaner..I was quite satisfied. I can only see on the outer part of the coil..but hope is clean in the middle as well..At least I hope so.
To complete the job I have used this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2516...rlsatarget=pla-181484335026&adtype=pla&crdt=0

had to push hard but it went inside...(scared it would brake but it didnt)..I gave it a bit of rub and took bit more dirt away..till I couldn't see any dirt coming out any more.
Well tonight I am gonna enjoy my fresh coil.

By the way, will i damaged the coil if i straighten it (just for cleaning it)?
Any other suggestion on how to clean the coil without chemicals?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChooChooCharlie

@oyster - Welcome! Thanks for the post. Readers appreciate it.
Impressive effort!
You could try PBW. Powdered Brewery Wash. Thread here about it.

Whatever you use, best to flush coil well. This lets you crank up the hot water.
Edit: Vodka for drinking only during cleaning

7WsKu5Bl.jpg

I don't advise messing with the curvature of the coil. Fits in a mason jar as is.
Might cause turbulence drag as well, like when you bend a whip a certain way.
I like those nice Dean vortices just the way they are. Better cooling.

baLvMMdm.jpg

Of course, there is an easier solution. S&B wouldn't mind.
MXrPr5Tm.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom