fedena34

I just joined the club.

@ChooChooCharlie arranged that a Plenty has come my way for study, evaluation, and potential placement with just the right patient.
Right off the bat I will say that this vape Has a particular audience.

The reducer was not for me... opening and closing the dose capsule is painful, especially around the thumb. I used also a screen "lid" to fit over the reducer chamber, so it could be used with no capsule.
The sessions were short for the work. Even if one had dozens of capsules there would still be "KP" duty after vaping the dozen capsules with impunity.
So... I use the Plenty, Plenty full.
No concentrate pads... jam packed.
I pour ground meds (about a gram) into bottom of chamber and tap lightly until it is a mound, and I close it up

In spite of there being no room for movement of the meds, I still notice that after a number of hits in a trumpet position.. If I turn the "trumpet" to another angle or upside down (still parallel to the ground) I get a new group of denser hits... perhaps from heat rising to previously non-directionally heated materials. I flip the trumpet around during the sessions.
Try it.. halfway through flip your unit upside down for some really dense hits.
(If this is old stuff to you guys, and it has been discussed excuse my ignorance... I only have read a short bit here, but will read more)
When I empty the load, I can see it still packed with no room for movement, with the load a dark brown... well spent.

The heat situation reminds me of the Supreme!
... Heat till temp is reached... then set down the torch and enjoy as the temperature slowly drops.
I am forced to compare this to the LSV, simply because it is plugged in, gets hot and is hand held.
It does have that safety feature however. It is used in the off position much of the time.
Initially I had some "new vape whines" from a patient's standpoint.
Awkward sessions... for my hourly quickies... but good for a wipeout session.
I have had many of these.
Holding the trigger and handle hurt my wrists, and having to turn it this way and that was hard on my thumbs. ( I like whips)
In spite of knowledge that the coil was hot, I still managed to get myself a few times, on my wrists, fingers, and even face (spasticity).
I have found a great stand for the Plenty.
Here you see the SSV with the original "Old Style " aromatop(still available):
DSC04598.jpg

When turned upside down, the aromatop (I had a spare) was the perfect solidity and weight to not be moved easily. It also was the right shape and spacing to cradle the Pleanty.
DSC04602.jpg

DSC04606.jpg

DSC04603.jpg

DSC04604.jpg

Easy to reach for…
DSC04605.jpg

and sitting pretty next to his Older Relative:
DSC04608.jpg

A VTV episode of Plenty Medicated.
A first in this video is the use of hand held camera in the center section.
Patty held camera and video was made. The beginning is standard Webcam, and the end is my usual tripod work.

I am having a good time studying this bad boy~

EDIT:
@ChooChooCharlie pointed out to me that I did not need a stand, and that there are 3 rubber feet for the vape to lay on... Live and Learn!
I now am diffusing aromas with that top again!

That was the best Plenty Performance video uploaded that i have seen since i started to look at this vape. I just bought it about 2 months ago, and i'm completly in love with it.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I love using it. I am picking from strains that I have the most of, since the Plenty has plenty of chamber to fill.
I have had a little bit more success using the reducer, but am sticking with original use protacol... it is most effective at helping me control the "things that ail me".

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

That was the best Plenty Performance video uploaded that i have seen since i started to look at this vape. I just bought it about 2 months ago, and i'm completly in love with it.

I agree! @Vitolo makes great cloud videos.

Passing along a public service announcement about the orange chamber housing: Do not press down upon the steel insert while it's installed in the orange housing. Just this morning I snapped off one of the plastic retaining tabs.

mwey9VJm.jpg

Not the first time I've snapped these tabs. You'd think I'd learn.

• First day of ownership. Playing with it, pushed down to try to remove steel insert. Without using the instructions, or my brain. Snap!
  • Cleaning steel insert with an iso moistened q-tip. Scrub, scrub. Snap!
  • Creating a nipple in upper screen by using thumb to push center of screen into reducer. Snap!
If you want to do any of the above, remove steel insert first. Press up from underneath, not down.

BE_Vapologist

Hi Plenty owners,

Just was wondering if many of you guys also own the Volcano? And if so are you using your Plenty more then the Volcano or less?

The reason I'm asking is because my Volcano is collecting dust, I usually vape whilest gaming, so when putting one of the balloons to the side for a few minutes, vapor leaks. So I was considering maybe transferring to a Plenty and putting my Volcano up for sale.

Any thoughts are highly appreciated! Ty

BE_Vapologist,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have only owned the Plenty for a week.
The Volcano (EZ Valve) much longer.
I used the Plenty a great deal since getting it, but I still use the Volcano more.
When you say you're thinking of transferring, you may be placing limits on yourself.
They are so different.
I see that you own a few vapes.
The Plenty requires a bit of focused attention to get the most out of it.
You won't lose vapor while gaming though.
you would have no trouble selling either a Plenty or a Volcano.
Perhaps if you want only one S&B Plug-in, you can get the Plenty and give it a whirl.
Whichever decision you make you can keep both.. or make one "go away" easily.
To address your question directly again, I am loving the Plenty but still use the Volcano more.

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
@Vitolo ,
I have found a great stand for the Plenty.
Great Video by the way. :tup:Just wanted to let you know that the Plenty can be stood up using the S & B brush (the one that comes with all S&B Vapes) by inserting wooden handle into screw hole on the right side of the unit closest to the bottom of unit and rubber foot. Can come in Handy!:)
I've found myself using my Plenty more often lately for no other reason than it's an Awesome, Effective way for me to Medicate!:tup: I MAKE Room in my Rotation for it.
Happy Vaping Everyone, I hope all Plenty owners are able to get the Enjoyment and Satisfaction out of their Plenty that I do. :rockon:

Almost forgot
@BE_Vapologist , I've got a Volcano as well and Definitely WOULDN'T Sell it for a Plenty. I LOVE my Plenty, but COULDN'T LIVE without my Volcano!! If you're bags are properly sealed and have no Holes in them, then you shouldn't be Losing Vapor due to seepage! I Sit mine down on their sides all the time with NO LOSS of Vapor. Hope this helps you.:peace:
:)

Last edited:

loug

My go-to vape is Da Buddha but I do own a Plenty as well and have a question - my temperature dial (the one with the numbers) seems loose in its action, kind of wobbly. Is this the way it's supposed to be? I wrote to S&B about it when I first got the Plenty and after a loooooong wait got only a form letter in reply.

Thanks for any replies...

loug,

cloudsosmoke

if you mean what i think you mean..

i guess its like that cos its a thermostat control

like cooking temperature dial you turn when youre using oven in kitchen

it doesnt grip immediately - so it feels like its wobbly

loug

if you mean what i think you mean..

i guess its like that cos its a thermostat control

like cooking temperature dial you turn when youre using oven in kitchen

it doesnt grip immediately - so it feels like its wobbly

Yup, that's it - guess I'm too picky 'cause the Plenty was quite expensive. Always expecting Mercedes quality from the Germans...

loug,

madg321

if anyones struggling with vaping tiny loads in the plenty i been having success having covering the bottom in the reduced chamber and then using the lid of the dosing capuse press it down this resticts the draw a bit but it works well if u pull slow like u would on a solo for example

toecutter

Hey all - so I'm on the cusp of buying a Plenty, but have one last nagging concern...

How much plastic does the vapor come in contact with? Is the mouthpiece (which I gather is silicone?) the only non-metal part of the pathway?

Thanks for the help.

toecutter,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Plenty of plastic
But it's good plastic
Good & Plenty
Delicious
You have to make your peace with plastic when you buy a S&B vape
Not only delicious... but safe.
They have been using "Bakelite" for 30+years.
It was the top cap for prescription cough syrup bottles etc. for half a century.
Not affected or melted by heat, it became the material that was used for dozens of companies that made folding pocket knives, like "Gerbers".
The plastic, heat resistant materials have been improved upon, and are now used in space technology .... on space exploration vehicles that stand up to temperatures beyond those used by medical marijuana consumers/patients.
Listen to @ChooChooCharlie
He be knowin' thangs!

toecutter

Hey thanks for the reply. No doubt S&B are using high tech materials. Unless I'm mistaken Bakelite has been out of commission for some time however. In fact, people collect the stuff.

Not only delicious... but safe.
They have been using "Bakelite" for 30+years.
It was the top cap for prescription cough syrup bottles etc. for half a century.
Not affected or melted by heat, it became the material that was used for dozens of companies that made folding pocket knives, like "Gerbers".
The plastic, heat resistant materials have been improved upon, and are now used in space technology .... on space exploration vehicles that stand up to temperatures beyond those used by medical marijuana consumers/patients.
Listen to @ChooChooCharlie
He be knowin' thangs!

Vitolo

Vaporist
There are still some uses, in 2016 for Bakelite.
Today it is mostly used in disc brake cylinders, saucepan handles, electrical plugs and switches and parts for electrical irons.
It has been replaced by other more advanced options in most applications.
The Plenty vape and all of S&B items have a strong track record.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Most folks have never heard of Bakelite, the original "plastic" used in consumer goods. Vito was giving us a very brief history of plastics around us every day.

S&B are probably using one of the polyaryletherketone formulations, like PEEK.

The upper black housing that is shaped to funnel the stream from the wide herb chamber to the smaller steel cooling coil is plastic. All of the hot air will be exposed to this.

Hope this helps in your decision, @toecutter .
It's funny, I chose the Plenty because of the plastic -- I do not want any glass.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
This particular technique may have been covered in previous posts, but I didn't find it, so apologies in advance if that is the case....as far as reduced loads, solo use, from day one I just mixed in fresh ground herb with ABV. The proportions can vary, but a nice full chamber gives great vapor, no matter the ratio. Typically I make a bed of ABV that completely covers the chamber (talking the regular size chamber) then put in my dose and mix it up.......Voila', three or four nice pulls and medicated just right.....

Much easier than all the reducer/dosing capsule stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love the dosing capsules for discreet travel, especially with my Mighty and Crafty, but the fresh/ABV trick works great and is super easy.

mucsusn,

JRyan

Typically I make a bed of ABV that completely covers the chamber (talking the regular size chamber) then put in my dose and mix it up.......Voila', three or four nice pulls and medicated just right.....

This works especially well with herbs like peppermint, sage, or green tea. I've had a great deal of success and enjoyment over the years.

JRyan,

toecutter

Regarding the relatively large chamber;

I am a light weight and don't need a lot of material each session. Couldn't one pack the chamber fully, medicate however much you need and set it aside for the next day? I would think the large chamber wouldn't be a liability, if you are able to use the full pack over a period of time. Am I missing something?

toecutter,
Top Bottom