• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Vitolo came up with an ingenious bent paperclip tool to twist off lid.
Your Tube idea is great!
If you have a 1/4 inch retaining ring plier like we used to repair the older Zaps, that can be used in place of paper clip.
11l0m8k.jpg

@Buunymustard; You're gonna love it the most!:nod:
In terms of capacity of the capsules, I'd say up to .2g, it definitely fits into the Mighty/Crafty and the reducer as well. Oh btw, it also came with a small liqui-pad!!

Anyway to those out there who are considering and are looking for genuine insights;

I gotta say, the Plenty is the REAL DEAL, yeah OK, the dead man switch (DMS) can be a nuisance, but the end delivery is pure quality, the only thing I would say in all fairness, is that it really comes down to preference, insofar as does one like their vapor filtered, or not!
Get me right, I like a filtered vapor (now and again) but I find the taste of the herb can be somewhat diminished. But the Plenty delivers that smooth 'dry' vapor, that is just so yum yum!
Don't get me wrong, it certainly can be a throat irritator, but I kinda like that! :luv:

The main thing though is the kick, that thing has the capacity to kick you into the back end of the month - after next!:goon::rofl:

To any newbies' and this is ain't no diss - as I've been there, but once you get over the uniqueness of the Plenty and that (fucking annoying, but efficacious Analogue system) I gotta say the Plenty is in definitely the Big League - Near the fucking top, imho!!:rockon::rockon:

One other thing; I like is the loading ritual with Plenty, there's no need to be running all over the place filling up with water etc, just get that reducer out, load it up - then click the DMS and you're good to go, and the heat up time ain't that bad either!:tup:

Not saying;), just saying:) without saying:2c:,

:leaf: Peace
I gotta agree with a lot of what you say. I find it's the little things you start to love about your vape. The details make the experience. And one common thing I see vape reviewers say again and again, is that "S&B really pays attention to the details".

The loading ritual for example. Like you, I enjoy it as well. It's pretty intuitive. I like how, unlike almost all other vapes, the chamber and heater are separate, so I can load it while the heater, well, heats. That saves time, and I don't feel like I'm in a race to fill the camber before the heater reaches its temp and causes me to loose vapor. Do that with those other "non separate" vapes, especially ones that heat up fast, and you'll see the vapor you're wasting into the air. Plus the wideness of the chamber is clutz-proof. Less opportunity for spillage because of the larger area to work with. And I imagine with the reduced chamber and capsules, the loading ritual is even better.

At first I wasn't too crazy about the dead man's switch, but now I find it to be a positive. It's responsive, with a definite click (as well as the click of the heater turning on and off), so I feel like the vape is constantly giving me feedback on what it's doing. The Plenty really is a "no-brainer" vape. I don't feel like I have to constantly check the temperature gauge or pilot light. Just keep letting her rip, however you like, as long as you like. There's practically no room for error. :bowdown:

Lol, this is starting to sound like a Plenty vape circle jerk, but hey, you love what you love. :p

I've discovered that there is, what I like to call, a "try before you buy vape lounge" in my area. For the $5 cover charge, they allow you to rent any of the vapes they sell. I wish I had known about this before buying two other vapes (A Zeus Smite, which I no longer like and sold to a friend, and the aforementioned DaVinci Ascent, which I like, but the Plenty is in another universe by comparison). Now I can try the other S&B vapes to see how they compare without dropping hundreds of dollars! So I'll see if the rumors are true, whether or not the Crafty and Mighty really are Volcanos (and subsequently Plentys) that fit in your pocket. I saw one person claim he thinks the vapor quality of the Mighty is slightly BETTER than the Volcano. I'll make sure to report my findings back to you guys, for science! :science:

ChooChooCharlie

Still loving capsules.

Was over packing before with 140mg.
Used smaller loads in capsules today.
It works! No need to pack that cap.

Fluffy load almost to top is 100mg.
Draw feels a bit easier with fluffy load anyway. win-win
Typical calm, slow vaping style draw.
Getting around 8-10 draws of around ten seconds each.
Or if you wish cloudier exhales, extend your draw.

Also tried partial capsule loads. Around 50mg.
Didn't want to futz with the pad and just went for it.
Sitting in recliner, using Plenty "normally."
(those who have read my prior posts should be shocked -- I am too)
Still getting around five draws of ten second duration.
Orientation without using pad did not adversely affect my session.
Go figure?! Extra contribution from oven-like steel capsule surround?
ABV coming out nice and toasty afterwards. As am I.

Suggest you avoid a concave, bowed-in, upper chamber screen.
Mine was, because it happens naturally when installing screen.
Twist off coil and use your brush handle to gently push out screen.
First time you twist chamber together, the reducer's inner ring will push the screen.
After that, your screen should appear mostly flat.
This is better than concave because screen holds capsule during draw.

So far, I feel the chamber reducer with capsules is a design success.

ChooChooCharlie

Apologies to readers and mods for this back to back post.

More testing this morning. In the light of day, so to speak. Nothing better to do.
Want to amend a statement in my prior post just above.
I said that partial capsule loads of around 50mg work fine. Yes and no.

After trying tiny amount with small liquid pad also stuffed in, this works better.

Maybe load shifts? Also, since opening of reduced chamber is only a bit larger than cooling coil diameter, we've lost our air braking via venturi from the former larger diameter chamber. I believe a small, unhindered load gets sucked up to the capsule lid -- a tiny bit farther away from incoming heat through holes in capsule bottom.
Speculation on my part. What else is new. I'll shut up now. Now that's new.

cloudsosmoke

hey folks
(sorry about back to back post..i must be spending too much time here)

as ive posted before - im not really a fan of whips/long vapor path
so even tho cooling coil works very well .. im using small tube bubbler directly on top of Plenty

its good ..i have small bucket + freezer blocks - well stirred and refresh bubbler by just dropping it back in bucket during every 90sec warm up

.. but i think it would be cooler/smoother at high temp with a bit more water depth - so ive been looking on dhgate

these two seem to fit bill

this is $33 (nectar collector - so that adapter is for nail)
http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-g...d-12/259323422.html#s1-20-1b;searl|1644724354

rBVaGlYbf6-AAiBeAAQAzUzF35E983.jpg

this is $37
http://www.dhgate.com/product/vapexhale-hydratube-hydratubes-9-5-inches/374604224.html#mfavit-4-null
(theres a video if you scroll down)

rBVaHVbP4hiAXsulAAFFOuNGxuQ629.jpg

both have 18.8mm joint so i could try it alone or with 14.4mm adapter
(second one is 5mm thick glass so it should be very strong)

when i use Plenty temp dial is facing me and power cable away
i use 6" spring clamp (..put on from the side) as deadman switch holder and it doubles as side stand
i can put it down to rest with bubbler still attached
(when i put it away i can easily see power light..so i dont accidentally leave it on with clamp)

im thinking being able to see heating light whilst drawing would be useful
i cant think - which of these will give me better view from the top
- cos ones bent back and ones offset

any ideas?

frostyrod

Had my Plenty 3 days, ordered reduced filling chamber same time, so I don't know how much a pain the bigger chamber is to fiddle with, but all I can say is this is the best Vape experience I've had thus far. Vapor is smooth, best unhindered draw, and so cool I can't imagine ever needing to hook up my bubbler. For reference I own: MFLB, flowermate, Pax2, AirizerAir, EpicVape, Underdog, and Crafty and this blows those out of the water! Well the crafty is still great but the Plenty has less draw resistance and cooler vapor, plus you can use the bigger chamber for big groups, and it just keeps pumpin.....I've heard it's a flower hog, but with reduced chamber it's one of the most efficient vapes I've had and we are talking inline with the EpicVape. So who cares that it looks like a power drill air tool chimera. Took the plastic mouth tip out and slid an Eds TnT cocobolo wood stem from my EpicVape into the silicon sleeve, feels a bit more Organic and a bit less German industrial lol

blacksilversurfer

hey people!
new guy here just got myself a plenty and i couldnt be happier.
i managed to get a used one from ebay for £80!! got all the little bits to go with it too.
i ordered the bowl reducer after hearing about it being a herb hog. im glad i did, not that i dont like the orginal bowl but its always good to have options....
for me i need to use the liquid pad in both bowls to keep everything together, stop it flying around and get good full tasting hits.
im very happy i got this vape. really wanted to get it because of how impressed i am with the mighty. i thought it would be similar taste and performance and id say theyre pretty close, with the mighty just a little ahead. maybe its newer technology that does it. the vapor from the mighty is unique.
for me the plenty is as cool as vapor youll get without water all while being plentyful. very little coughing on level 5. similar to the mighty it pumps out vapor as long as you remember to hit the dead mans switch.
i wanted to try replacing the coil with a whip....
i ended up using my ssv whip in the hole instead of the coil.....
i loved it. this may be my new way to use this vape. always good to have options.
when i first started using this vape i was very put off by the analogue dial.....
it doesnt seem very accurate. level 7 is supposed to be 202 but it shoots up to 220!
it is a little bit confusing at first but u learn with use that even if the temp has dropped or gone up u will still get good vapor as long as you dont let it drop too much.
all in all the plenty has been welcomed into my vape family!!!

ChooChooCharlie

Started doubling up on the upper chamber screen.
Normal screen for rigidity together with fine screen to block ABV specks.

UcIX41u.jpg

Still prefer long slow draws. Fewer and fuller draws to dispatch a capsule.
That's why I'm using the silicone straw again. Less fatigue.
Like to stand and hold it like a sax rather than trumpet style.
Here's example pic I posted over in the Lounge a while back.
Modeling Handerpants, too. Bonus!
Looks like I'm straining to draw, but that's just my 58 year old chicken neck.
tE4aEyIm.jpg

Trypsy Summers

Now that theres these capsules Im interested in the Plenty. How does it compare to the Crafty?

The Plenty is way badder than the crafty in terms of generating the 'thick' vapor, by that I mean the heavy shit.
The crafty is good - no doubt about that, but for in the house, the capacity of the Plenty and the fact it ain't relying on batteries, coupled to the introduction of the reducer & capsules, make the plenty the better option.
Obviously whilst on the go, the Crafty is a no brainer, especially owing to the fact that the Plenty ain't portable and even getting around the power problem, it would look rather conspicuous!

The other good thing about the Plenty (and also Crafty/Mighty) is; given that the top temperature setting is only 204 C, the ABV can be reused in a Volcano Digital (as I regularly do) to get a further blast/extraction from it, as the Volcano temperature range goes all the way up to 230C!

Please note the ABV from the Crafty/Mighty works just well, as their top temps are not that much above the max setting of the Plenty.

Having said all that, I have to say that the Dead 'man' switch on the Plenty can be just as much of a nuisance, (as the 1 min reset on the Crafty) but once you get use to it, then there is no denying that this vape is a big league vape!!

The Crafty is as well, but I find it has its limitations, i.e. the battery life! Indeed out of the full range of S & B vaporizers currently on offer, I find it to be the least satisfying.

I gotta say the Plenty/Volcano combination is a regular one for me.....!

My significant other uses the Mighty, but when I get a chance, I have used it, and I find it to be better than the Crafty, both in function and also in terms of the quality of vapor.

Not Saying:2c:, Just Saying;), Without Saying:),

Last edited:

Mrbrown81k

The Plenty is way badder than the crafty in terms of generating the 'thick' vapor, by that I mean the heavy shit.
The crafty is good - no doubt about that, but for in the house, the capacity of the Plenty and the fact it ain't relying on batteries, coupled to the introduction of the reducer & capsules, make the plenty the better option.
Obviously whilst on the go, the Crafty is a no brainer, especially owing to the fact that the Plenty ain't portable and even getting around the power problem, it would look rather conspicuous!

The other good thing about the Plenty (and also Crafty/Mighty) is; given that the top temperature setting is only 204 C, the ABV can be reused in a Volcano Digital (as I regularly do) to get a further blast/extraction from it, as the Volcano temperature range goes all the way up to 230C!

Please note the ABV from the Crafty/Mighty works just well, as their top temps are not that much above the max setting of the Plenty.

Having said all that, I have to say that the Dead 'man' switch on the Plenty can be just as much of a nuisance, (as the 1 min reset on the Crafty) but once you get use to it, then there is no denying that this vape is a big league vape!!

The Crafty is as well, but I find it has its limitations, i.e. the battery life! Indeed out of the full range of S & B vaporizers currently on offer, I find it to be the least satisfying.

I gotta say the Plenty/Volcano combination is a regular one for me.....!

My significant other uses the Mighty, but when I get a chance, I have used it, and I find it to be better than the Crafty, both in function and also in terms of the quality of vapor.

Not Saying:2c:, Just Saying;), Without Saying:),

Thanks for the reply! By Dead man's switch do you mean you need to press something every minute or so or it will shut off? Also any retailers in Canada sell these reducers??

Mrbrown81k,

ChooChooCharlie

Isn't that adorable. Such a good mom.
Big litter, too. Plenty of CUbs.

XjAH4t3m.jpg

Now that theres these capsules Im interested in the Plenty. How does it compare to the Crafty?

Crafty: Faster warm up. Small.

Plenty: Less draw restriction, greater flow, cooler. Easy to take lung filling draws, more satisfying IMO. Fewer draws to finish capsule.

Many FC folks like to switch things up, and would suggest an alternative to another S&B vape.
But with these capsules, there's an added convenience factor using Crafty & Plenty as a team.

Trypsy Summers

Thanks for the reply! By Dead man's switch do you mean you need to press something every minute or so or it will shut off? Also any retailers in Canada sell these reducers??
Re Dead Man's switch, The Plenty is an analogue device as opposed to digital, and how it functions, is that after turning it on, you then need to depress the orange (Dead Man's) switch that is located within the actual handle. This should automatically occur when you hold the handle.
After depressing the handle, the device then begins to heat up and the dial starts moving towards the desired temperature, also the orange indication light is on! You then usually hear a click as this light goes out, which signals that the Plenty is ready, but then what happens with the Plenty, as is the case with all S & B vapes, is after a short time of idling, the temperature will begin to fall, and once it's out of the 'green zone' of the temperature gauge, then you'll need to -in the case of the Plenty,- press the orange (Dead man's) switch, for it to begin heating up, i.e. the dial starts rising back to the green zone and the desired temperature!

As for the reducers, try Storz & Bickel USA!!

Not saying:), just saying;), without saying:2c:!!

Peace :leaf:

Last edited:

Mrbrown81k

Isn't that adorable. Such a good mom.
Big litter, too. Plenty of CUbs.

XjAH4t3m.jpg

Crafty: Faster warm up. Small.

Plenty: Less draw restriction, greater flow, cooler. Easy to take lung filling draws, more satisfying IMO. Fewer draws to finish capsule.

Many FC folks like to switch things up, and would suggest an alternative to another S&B vape.
But with these capsules, there's an added convenience factor using Crafty & Plenty as a team.

I just realised that there's capsules and theres a reducer for the plenty itself. I thought you just stuck the capsules in there but you need to buy the reducer as well am I right?

Trypsy Summers

I just realised that there's capsules and theres a reducer for the plenty itself. I thought you just stuck the capsules in there but you need to buy the reducer as well am I right?
Yes, you're right!! The capsule actually fits into the recess in the reducer, although sometimes I just use the reducer cap on top of the herb to keep it in the recess.

Last edited:

Mrbrown81k

Yes, you're right!! The capsule actually fits into the recess in the reducer, although sometimes I just use the reducer cap on top of the herb to keep it in the recess.
And I dont need the capsules right? Just put the herb directly in the reducer?
Now to find the best price in Canada...

Trypsy Summers

And I dont need the capsules right? Just put the herb directly in the reducer?
Now to find the best price in Canada...
Yeah you can just put the herb in the reducer.....
By the way, why don't you try Storz and Bickel USA? They deal with the both the US and Canada, failing that try Amazon.

Not saying:), Just saying;), Without saying:2c:,

Mrbrown81k

Yeah you can just put the herb in the reducer.....
By the way, why don't you try Storz and Bickel USA? They deal with the both the US and Canada, failing that try Amazon.

Not saying:), Just saying;), Without saying:2c:,

Do they ship directly from Canada though? Otherwise Ill end up paying custome fees most likely and willcost 100$ more than just buying from a retailer here in canada.

dirtdragon

Love the reducer but it is slippery. Screens on top of herb do not stay in place and neither does the spacer. Someone said they changed the top screen so in bowed outwards. I'm going to try that with the spacer.

Top Bottom