ktmstick

Regarding the relatively large chamber;

I am a light weight and don't need a lot of material each session. Couldn't one pack the chamber fully, medicate however much you need and set it aside for the next day? I would think the large chamber wouldn't be a liability, if you are able to use the full pack over a period of time. Am I missing something
I think you would lose a lot of efficiency in the heating and cooling process. Maybe if you removed coil and chamber immediately after finishing but I still think you would waste a lot of stuff.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I just joined the club.

@ChooChooCharlie arranged that a Plenty has come my way for study, evaluation, and potential placement with just the right patient.
Right off the bat I will say that this vape Has a particular audience.

The reducer was not for me... opening and closing the dose capsule is painful, especially around the thumb. I used also a screen "lid" to fit over the reducer chamber, so it could be used with no capsule.
The sessions were short for the work. Even if one had dozens of capsules there would still be "KP" duty after vaping the dozen capsules with impunity.
So... I use the Plenty, Plenty full.
No concentrate pads... jam packed.
I pour ground meds (about a gram) into bottom of chamber and tap lightly until it is a mound, and I close it up

In spite of there being no room for movement of the meds, I still notice that after a number of hits in a trumpet position.. If I turn the "trumpet" to another angle or upside down (still parallel to the ground) I get a new group of denser hits... perhaps from heat rising to previously non-directionally heated materials. I flip the trumpet around during the sessions.
Try it.. halfway through flip your unit upside down for some really dense hits.
(If this is old stuff to you guys, and it has been discussed excuse my ignorance... I only have read a short bit here, but will read more)
When I empty the load, I can see it still packed with no room for movement, with the load a dark brown... well spent.

The heat situation reminds me of the Supreme!
... Heat till temp is reached... then set down the torch and enjoy as the temperature slowly drops.
I am forced to compare this to the LSV, simply because it is plugged in, gets hot and is hand held.
It does have that safety feature however. It is used in the off position much of the time.
Initially I had some "new vape whines" from a patient's standpoint.
Awkward sessions... for my hourly quickies... but good for a wipeout session.
I have had many of these.
Holding the trigger and handle hurt my wrists, and having to turn it this way and that was hard on my thumbs. ( I like whips)
In spite of knowledge that the coil was hot, I still managed to get myself a few times, on my wrists, fingers, and even face (spasticity).
I have found a great stand for the Plenty.
Here you see the SSV with the original "Old Style " aromatop(still available):
DSC04598.jpg

When turned upside down, the aromatop (I had a spare) was the perfect solidity and weight to not be moved easily. It also was the right shape and spacing to cradle the Pleanty.
DSC04602.jpg

DSC04606.jpg

DSC04603.jpg

DSC04604.jpg

Easy to reach for…
DSC04605.jpg

and sitting pretty next to his Older Relative:
DSC04608.jpg

A VTV episode of Plenty Medicated.
A first in this video is the use of hand held camera in the center section.
Patty held camera and video was made. The beginning is standard Webcam, and the end is my usual tripod work.

I am having a good time studying this bad boy~

EDIT:
@ChooChooCharlie pointed out to me that I did not need a stand, and that there are 3 rubber feet for the vape to lay on... Live and Learn!
I now am diffusing aromas with that top again!
That's amazing how you can get crazy clouds, it's the norm with you but here it's a bit more impressive (I think vapor production is related to the 1g load!) and at 202°C max!
Great review!

vatore007

Storz-Bickel, manufacturers of the mighty Volcano, have unveiled their newest product, the PLENTY Vaporizer

56_0.jpg

http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_eu...orizer.html/XTCsid/2jal1dd6urpkq669ofqh1mj5m1

THIS VAPE SUCKS!!! I laid it down and the thing opened on me, spilling my herb everywhere. I know it was closed when I put it down. I an so pissed and find it unacceptable to allow such a design flaw (no locking mechanism) in a final product, I am selling it on ebay so anyone wants it, let me know.

vatore007,

ChooChooCharlie

Hi @vatore007 ,
You sound really pissed off, and spilling herb will do that.

And... you probably are not in the mood to hear this...but...it sounds like user error.

Now, I'm not there looking at your Plenty, but I think I know what happened -- because I've also made this error. Probably other Plenty owners have done it once or twice.

S&B uses a friction held twist lock design with three bayonet style locking channels.
If you do not align the two parts flush when twisting, it can catch just one of the three channels and feel like it is secure. But, as you found, a bump will separate it.

Ever since I made this twisting error (a couple times) I trained myself to "feel" when the three tabs almost click down into the channels evenly, then twist to lock down. Try playing with an empty chamber and you should be able to reproduce this error.
Hope this helps.

Tomkomplex

Hi,

Ive just joined to ask for advice about my Storz and Bickel Plenty and setting it up with a whip that fits to a nice sturdy bubbler but I have no idea where to start!

I've had the Plenty for ages and want to get glass involved so I can really build up the hits.

I used to use the little whip from the magic flight with a micro bong but the connection to the bong wasn't extremely air tight and the micro bong couldn't build up a big hit obviously!

Does anyone have any experience with the Plenty and adding a whip? Or can anyone recommend a good whip to fit and a bubbler it can connect to?

I'd appreciate any help :) I've just bought a Crafty to, best purchase ever made, my MFLB will be taking a back seat from now on!

Tomkomplex,

ChooChooCharlie

Hi @Tomkomplex and welcome. The whip to bubbler part of your question -- there are glass whip adapters available from online vape stores or vape makers like 7th Floor Vapes. The whip itself can be sourced there as well, or cheaper on amazon. Look for 3/8inch inner diameter and 1/2 inch outer, rated NSF51 high temp rated. This size tubing will fit bubbler adapters like 7th floor ones. The bubbler itself could be a D020-D from DhGate or LHS.

The whip, adapter and bubbler are all normal vaping items.

The hard part is the Plenty itself.
It has a handle and a cord. And a shape meant for hand-held use.

I showed a couple ways to hold it hands-free earlier in this thread.
Not expensive or difficult, but extreme geek factor.

You also have to think about how you will load and unload chamber easily, how to manage things without breaking or spilling. Smaller vapes like logs or the grasshopper are a lot easier to use with a bubbler.

If you really want to try it, I would remove the steel cooling coil, use a male 14mm adapter in its place, then attach silicone whip. When a similar question was asked before, I made a shopping trip and came up with this contraption:

5mVZq2vl.jpg

I took my Plenty sledding as a reward for standing still in the pictures.

You can see the inherent challenge of using the Plenty with a water tool.
Just drinking a beer after a draw moisturizes fine by me.

Last edited:

cloudsosmoke

@Tomkomplex

link for the right silicone tubing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FOWGGW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thats the one i used - link posted by @ChooChooCharlie a while back (..thanks)

for one end
a 14mm to 14mm glass adapter will connect tubing and plenty (using a short bit of the tube as collar - same as the cooling coil does)
like pics above

for the other end
14mm to 14mm or
14mm to 18mm glass adapter
depending on joint size of your glass piece

(the plenty mouthpiece fits also)

very affordable glass including adapters is on dhgate
you could maybe ask here
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/

one way to avoid the awkwardness of the shape that ive found is
to use plenty upside-down in 18mm female - it sits there quite happily cable dangling

ChooChooCharlie

@cloudsosmoke - the inverted use you described -- does it require some coordination with both hands?

Your method would eliminate the nasty, smelly, kinky silicone whip, while also reducing condensate loss. Well done!

(Like that last paragraph -- sounds like a good party, but make sure that female is at least 18mm)

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: NorVape

cloudsosmoke

yes - youd want to be over 18 for nasty smelly kinky whip parties that arent for vaping weed lol

it shouldnt need holding during use - when you put it on
it slides down all the way into the 18mm - so its pretty secure
i think its airtight enough - ive used it that way without noticing any loss

i also keep the deadmans switch closed (..with your spring clamp idea)
so completely hands free

it is still restricted by cable - tho it hangs less annoyingly
for glass i use FC MOD by stevenlmz79
its a double bubbler and has very wide base so its more stable
and it comes completely apart - so you can use just the main bubbler on its own

re fitting things together - has anyone used this stuff?
https://sugru.com/about
- 'It’s the only glue on the planet that sticks to almost anything, moulds like play-dough, then cures overnight into a durable silicone rubber.'
its good up to 180c/356f but not yet certified food safe

ChooChooCharlie

@cloudsosmoke - about that Sugru. Lots of folks here have used it apparently. Had fun reading posts after using the FC search with Sugru. Years ago @Ratchett came up with his own home brew formula and called it Oogoo.

...i also keep the deadmans switch closed (..with your spring clamp idea) so completely hands free

Remember, we own the last two remaining Plentys with "fixable" dead man switches. The safety police clamped down about clamping down. But they will only take mine out of my cold, dead man's hands.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
ears ago @Ratchett came up with his own home brew formula and called it Oogoo.

Ehhhh now. I can't claim responsibility for figuring out Corn Starch + Silicone is a perfect substitute for Sugru - I wish I could, but I'm not that smart! All I did was build a 3D printed home-made silicone injection molding system and determine the proper mixing ratios to make the magic happen. :lol:

stinkytofus

I love using it. I am picking from strains that I have the most of, since the Plenty has plenty of chamber to fill.
I have had a little bit more success using the reducer, but am sticking with original use protacol... it is most effective at helping me control the "things that ail me".
how much materials did you use in the video?
you used the same load over 3 sessions?

stinkytofus,

Vitolo

Vaporist
When I fill the Plenty, I fill it full, and slightly mounded.. careful not to leave bits of material to be pinched between the halves.
Depending on strain, that can be as little as .75 of a gram, up to 1.1 grams.
The video was exactly one gram.
Yes....
I used it over 3 sessions.
I do remove the top and coil when I am taking a break to stop the herb from heating....
if I am leaving herb for another session.

SlippinJimmy

Hey all. New to FC, but have been lurking for some time. Just received my Plenty in the mail yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts on this device. For some perspective, I owned an original PAX for around 5 years prior to buying the Plenty. Still smoked on occasion on the weekends and wanted to invest in a device that would completely eliminate smoking. After reading reviews on this site and searching the internet, I decided upon the Plenty.

Pros
  • Superior vapor production. Closest vapor I've had that resembles actual smoke. Effects are also superior given the quality of the vapor produced. Much more of a body effect than my conduction-style PAX.
  • Solid construction.
  • Intuitive controls. After my first session, controls were easy to use and I got the knack to develop an effective heating strategy.
  • Reduced Herb Chamber is a must. I mostly am a personal user, so the reduced chamber is much appreciated. Total cost shipped with a new unit and tax was $350 with the reduced chamber.
  • Price. Because the Plenty has been out for a number of years, its $299 price tag is very reasonable.
  • Customer Service. Storz and Bickel is known for standing behind their products.
Cons
  • Cord is too short. Already invested in a 10' foot extension. Also location of the cord is really cumbersome relative to how you're supposed to hold the device.
  • Bulky. The unit is big and awkward, and lacks a good stand or holder. As others have demonstrated on this site, making your own stand is a must. Hard to store given its size.
  • Upper screen should come pre-nipped. As ChooCharlie has discussed on this forum, forming a nipple on the upper screen to more securely hold the contents in the reduced chamber is a must.
Overall, I am very impressed. This unit is definitely more of a permanent solution for everyday use than the PAX - although at a cost of size, portability, and discreetness. My only other concern is the maintenance schedule for this device as the PAX was a pain the ass to keep clean. I guess time will tell. Looking forward to using the full size chamber this weekend. :ko:

strictly vapor

Regarding the relatively large chamber;

I am a light weight and don't need a lot of material each session. Couldn't one pack the chamber fully, medicate however much you need and set it aside for the next day? I would think the large chamber wouldn't be a liability, if you are able to use the full pack over a period of time. Am I missing something?

You can definitely do this, and it's something I have done with my volcano alot as there are many times where I need only a small amount.

Over time I started to realize that the first few hits out of any vaporizer seem to be the richest in thc, and even though subsequent draws can be very strong, when I return to a bowl later on I usually miss that thc rich first draw and have gotten to the point where I prefer smaller loads instead of re-vaping a single large bowl.

Many people use the liquid pad with smaller loads but for me using the volcano with easy valve I've never had a problem with a small load bouncing around in the bowl - I never use the liquid pad - and find the vapor to be just as nice, although I usually turn the temperature up a notch or 2.

My new plenty should arrive tomorrow or Friday and when using it solo I plan to fill the bowl halfway or less. I will report back with my experience on this and my general impressions of the plenty!

EVlL 55

Hey everyone....
I havnt posted about my plenty in awhile....but I did have great success,..and only use my plenty w/ a 18f to 18f adapter,..which slips over the black nippled end of the heat exchange.
...if you take a piece of the silicone they supply and slip it over the black nippled end first,..it will make an airtight seal when you slide the adapter over...if you use a little saliva it helps.....I then use a long & short LSV wand in the opposing female end.
From there you can pretty much attach anything.
I hope this helps anyone wanting to use water or have a glass experience vs. the steel whip.
I'll post pics in a bit.
Also choo-choo Charlie's pics look like maybe a 14m slipped into...not over the heat exchange if I'm correct....which is also an equivalent option.
Iv had my plenty maybe 3+ years...in the beginning I cursed it...I couldn't get any real vapor unless on 7...which is %100 user error...I was expecting these massive clouds at the slightest pull...which in my experience isn't the case...it's all about draw speed at differant temps,....like w/ anything else I guess but the plentys unrestricted air flow,..and power...can bite hard if you rush it....at least iv found.
I recently got a mini vap....same thing because of all that convection...it takes some draw time to heat the load....like 10 good seconds....in the beginning I was pulling maybe 8 seconds w/ shit results...once I relaxed and took my time w/ my breathing and increasingly pulled for a good 10 seconds i couldn't see thru the fog.
Same almost w/ my plenty....but I wrote it off before I really took my time with it....now it's like a whole new device.

dwaynevirus69

Hey i just got a plenty and wanted to kmow about vaping essential oils using the liquid pad. I tried it but there isn't any vapor. Has anyone been vaping essential oils?

dwaynevirus69,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Essential oil is not made to create visible vapor at all.
It is made to diffuse aroma.
"Honey Oil".... or wax/BHO/hash oil made into ejuice would produce visible vapor.
If you are speaking of 100% essential oil I would not attempt that.
If it is a THC product, you will get vapor, but I can not say how much visible vapor... it depends on the finished product you would be using.

Top Bottom