1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

Discussion in 'Supporting Retailers' started by PlanetVape, Oct 6, 2011.

1. foothilla

foothilla Member

They offered a price match on one item, and a small 10% discount on the other items, but they couldn't figure out a way to apply both of their offers. They made offers, but couldn't follow through with them. After 5 days and 14 emails, the only service I ended up getting was having a bunch of my time wasted.

I don't know if you are a businessman, but a price match from a merchant isn't a "great deal" to the consumer. A price match is simply a merchant being offered the opportunity to be competitive.

In this case of a price match, it is the customer (me) who is offering the merchant (PV) a great deal. The customer is saying "look, I can buy this somewhere else, but I'll give you the business if you match other retailers". If the merchant agrees to the price match it is NOT the customer getting a great deal. I am simply getting the deal I could get somewhere else. It is the merchant who is getting a deal, because he is being afforded the opportunity to make some profit, even though his listed price was not competitive.

A price match, plus 10% off is a great deal. A simple price match is just a customer generously giving a merchant the opportunity to be competitive.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    ataxian and biohacker like this.
  2. JCharles

JCharles FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017

@foothilla You seem angry.

I took a quick look through some of your postings and the trend seems to be complaints - about a business, a website, a warranty, the comments of other users.

Lighten up; we are all here to learn and share from and with each other.

For example, I was unaware that a business doing a price match was actually me doing them a favor. Learn something new every day.

3. foothilla

foothilla Member

Most people don't want to wait 5+ days and 14+ emails for a discount code. As such, my experience may be of value to a FC user that values their time and is considering PV.

If my experience comes off as angry to you, I am sorry. But my experience is what it is. I didn't make any personal attacks, or state any inaccuracies. If I can save one poster from the inane waste of time that I experienced, then my comments were worth my time.

Sharing a negative experience is how you potentially save others from the same negative experience.

ataxian and biohacker like this.
  4. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Just wanted to give a proper shout out to @PlanetVape for another recent awesome transaction. I've said it before, and i'll say it again - these guys go above and beyond!

PV ALWAYS works with me and tries to help me out! Can't thank you guys enough for putting up with me! :tup:

5. JCharles

Hoping for a black Friday sale announcement from PV.

I have a few things to pick up for myself and frients!!

Full disclosure - I emailed PV this afternoon to find out.

AhBeVapin, ataxian, biohacker and 3 others like this.
  6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

@PlanetVape rocks.
    They try hard to, always come up with specials for holidays.
    Remember Canadian Thanksgiving has come and gone, so Black Friday means something different here....
    BUT at Christmas @PlanetVape usually has something grand up their sleeve!

7. JCharles

@PlanetVape has their Black Friday sales up!!

I completed an order this morning and saved a boat load of cash. I had reached out to PV earlier this week to get a couple quotes and they absolutely came through with the best deals.

My buddy who ordered his first vape is stoked - an Arizer Solo.

I'm stoked with my new vapes on the way - and even saved some cash!!

Thanks for amazing support PV!!

8. lifebot

lifebot New Member

Hello

I had placed an order on PlanetVape by guest checkout and paid via e-transfer. I have not received any e-mails regarding the order - is this normal?

9. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Yes it can take days at times.

10. lifebot

lifebot New Member

They got back to me. Everything is OK!

11. JCharles

It depends on when the order was placed. PV doesnt usually answer emails over the weekend and orders won't ship until Monday afternoon (Tuesday if there is a holiday).

Vitolo and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  12. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Rest easy... you ordered from a timeless and scrupulous company!

13. boddhisativa

boddhisativa Active Member

Thanks to PV for fixing up this FC member on his recent purchase of a Milaana.

AhBeVapin, JCharles and just_the_flu like this.
  14. JCharles

Does that mean Milaana's are back in stock???

I had been waiting for them

15. boddhisativa

boddhisativa Active Member

Well, the Cherry I ordered has ship. When I check the options, it seems Walnut and Spalted Maple are out of stock, but the rest show as being in.

JCharles likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors