1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

Discussion in 'Supporting Retailers' started by PlanetVape, Oct 6, 2011.

1. foothilla

foothilla Member

They offered a price match on one item, and a small 10% discount on the other items, but they couldn't figure out a way to apply both of their offers. They made offers, but couldn't follow through with them. After 5 days and 14 emails, the only service I ended up getting was having a bunch of my time wasted.

I don't know if you are a businessman, but a price match from a merchant isn't a "great deal" to the consumer. A price match is simply a merchant being offered the opportunity to be competitive.

In this case of a price match, it is the customer (me) who is offering the merchant (PV) a great deal. The customer is saying "look, I can buy this somewhere else, but I'll give you the business if you match other retailers". If the merchant agrees to the price match it is NOT the customer getting a great deal. I am simply getting the deal I could get somewhere else. It is the merchant who is getting a deal, because he is being afforded the opportunity to make some profit, even though his listed price was not competitive.

A price match, plus 10% off is a great deal. A simple price match is just a customer generously giving a merchant the opportunity to be competitive.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    ataxian and biohacker like this.
  2. JCharles

JCharles ACMPR registered 26/07/2017

@foothilla You seem angry.

I took a quick look through some of your postings and the trend seems to be complaints - about a business, a website, a warranty, the comments of other users.

Lighten up; we are all here to learn and share from and with each other.

For example, I was unaware that a business doing a price match was actually me doing them a favor. Learn something new every day.

3. foothilla

foothilla Member

Most people don't want to wait 5+ days and 14+ emails for a discount code. As such, my experience may be of value to a FC user that values their time and is considering PV.

If my experience comes off as angry to you, I am sorry. But my experience is what it is. I didn't make any personal attacks, or state any inaccuracies. If I can save one poster from the inane waste of time that I experienced, then my comments were worth my time.

Sharing a negative experience is how you potentially save others from the same negative experience.

ataxian and biohacker like this.
  4. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Just wanted to give a proper shout out to @PlanetVape for another recent awesome transaction. I've said it before, and i'll say it again - these guys go above and beyond!

PV ALWAYS works with me and tries to help me out! Can't thank you guys enough for putting up with me! :tup:

5. JCharles

JCharles ACMPR registered 26/07/2017

Hoping for a black Friday sale announcement from PV.

I have a few things to pick up for myself and frients!!

Full disclosure - I emailed PV this afternoon to find out.

AhBeVapin, ataxian, biohacker and 3 others like this.
  6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

@PlanetVape rocks.
    They try hard to, always come up with specials for holidays.
    Remember Canadian Thanksgiving has come and gone, so Black Friday means something different here....
    BUT at Christmas @PlanetVape usually has something grand up their sleeve!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors