Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok, so I used the glass fv piece with the pong. First off I tried the broken pong and to my surprise the middle round piece is what holds it on the pn. I thought it was the outside, so me stuffing my straw in with silicone is the same connection, albeit long, as the pong. So obviously it didn't work with the broken pong. I then went to one that was ok did the mod and I was totally unsatisfied. The vape was cool, it was nice to have a glass mouth piece, I got good vapor but something was just not right for me. I felt like I was missing something. I didn't see to much a difference then my condom:dog:, for @BLAZING OG , and the glass. I can bite the condom, suck on the condom and that is nice:dog:. I like the glass in my mouth but it isn't worth it as far as I am concerned with that setup:rant::cuss:.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Ok, so I used the glass fv piece with the pong. First off I tried the broken pong and to my surprise the middle round piece is what holds it on the pn. I thought it was the outside, so me stuffing my straw in with silicone is the same connection, albeit long, as the pong. So obviously it didn't work with the broken pong. I then went to one that was ok did the mod and I was totally unsatisfied. The vape was cool, it was nice to have a glass mouth piece, I got good vapor but something was just not right for me. I felt like I was missing something. I didn't see to much a difference then my condom:dog:, for @BLAZING OG , and the glass. I can bite the condom, suck on the condom and that is nice:dog:. I like the glass in my mouth but it isn't worth it as far as I am concerned with that setup:rant::cuss:.

Maybe the glass piece is too long? Did you not get enough flavor? I'm using a glass piece from the Ascent that's about 2 3/4 inches. I've been using this for the last few sessions and I really like it. I still taste the flavor and I'm not getting the tickle throat on level 2. I can go up to heat level 3, with just a little tickle, but OK.

Im getting two 8 min. sessions with the a packed bullet. I would like to try the condoms. Can you buy those where you buy e cigarettes? I see the website, but would like to just buy them at a store and try them out.

Last edited:

Dreamerr

I believe you can buy them at most ecigs stores but I don't smoke so not really sure. It would stand to reason however...check.

It tasted good...by the way I have the pn not the pnp, I just didn't think it was worth the bother. I want glass to snap on and off like the cap does cause I don't like to "play" with my vapes as I need my meds. Will I change what I do depending on my mood and what I need, YES, but for something to be a pita not my style. Was more silly looking them my huge ass straw...........well maybe not..........all in the eye of the beholder. I think the point was with that setup I rather go for my solo.

Edit: @Pinnacle Pro , if you read early on in the ascent thread when it was released I said I didn't like it cause I didn't want to do magic tricks to vape.

Point and will test tomorrow just for you, the glass was less harsh then the condom but not far enough difference IIRC to make me not want the condom instead.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I understand the magic tricks regarding the Ascent. It has quite the learning curve. I also love the Solo. I enjoy both vapes. That's right, it depends on what mood I'm in.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I understand the magic tricks regarding the Ascent. It has quite the learning curve. I also love the Solo. I enjoy both vapes. That's right, it depends on what mood I'm in.
I found the glass to be about the same as well, only thing is I almost knocked a freaking tooth out :suspicious::doh:(not really) when I accidentally smashed the glass mouthpiece I was using onto my tooth:o:o. Dont walk and vape and trip all at the same time:cry:, especially with glass.:shrug:
I agree @Dreamerr I have to find some thing that stays and fits tight, I like the flavor but the hassle of trying to load or unload thru the silicone tubing is a PITA:rant:. Still looking for some thing to fit better or even like it was meant for the PNP or PN. once I remove the silicone tubing after the units hot , the silicone is softer than normal and almost memory foam like goes back to its original diameter, so i gotta keep stretching it :bang::rant::cuss::disgust:

Like I always like to say, the right tool for the right job.
We cant use any tool for any job, there job specific.:clap::nod:

I do the same,Lotus for huge super fast rips if my nano's is off and needs a warm up, PNP for portable and when I want that heavier effect since I do believe the conduction and convection of the pnp or pn hit my body a bit harder, like a stronger cbd/cbn effect. The nail, cera, healthstone , and enano for concentrates, keeps a good balance.
Love my pinnacle pro, I wish they had a glass mouthpiece and longer battery life, other than that its great.

Last edited:

weedemon

enthusiast
If you had the chance to buy this new for 160, now that you own one. with that gained experience would you guys pull the trigger again if you didn't own one?

do any of you also own the flashvape or solo?? how does it compare? (esp against solo please) :D

Dreamerr

@weedemon , I have the original PN and own the other two vapes you mention and for 160 I would buy it. It gives you a different experience then the solo and is easier for on the fly. I would equat the draw more along the lines of an INH but I don't think you have tried that vape. FV is a more wide open draw and takes some technique. The hits are smaller as well IMO. I think it would really depend on what you want it for?

Sativape

If you had the chance to buy this new for 160, now that you own one. with that gained experience would you guys pull the trigger again if you didn't own one?

do any of you also own the flashvape or solo?? how does it compare? (esp against solo please) :D

I'm a Solo and PNP owner.

I have one of the first version Solos which cannot be used while plugged in. The newer version can.

The PNP can be used while plugged in.

The PNP is more stealthier.

I've used the Solo in my car and can easily be brought around for use at other people's homes.

The Solo is difficult to use when discreetness is required.

For bars, concerts, and walking around, basically anywhere in public, the PNP can be used very discreetly.
I suggest taking some initial

My Solo is more of a home portable unit to me.

The Solo has a slight edge on taste when compared to the PNP overall.

The PNP seems to cook more evenly and thorough.

The Solo couldn't handle my hash/erb/qwiso salad no where close to my PNP.

Loading the glass stem/bowl of Solo was some pain staking while on the go.

I ended up buying another set of stems and had them pre-filled when I was on the go.

The bullet system works great.

If I ever damaged or lost my PNP, I would buy definitely buy another one in a heart beat.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

I dont own either the flashvape or solo, but in answer to your first question, its a definite yes! I have very few issues with the PnP (no portable seems 'perfect' yet but the PnP is very close to perfect for my needs), and my very expensive Volcano has been sat totally unused since buying the PnP.

Sure you dont wanna buy a Volcano instead? ;)

weedemon

enthusiast
I appreciate the replies guys! and yes the massdrop thing is why i am asking. :) I just didn't mention it, because I didn't want my post being moved to the massdrop thread. I wanted you PnP owners to see it! :)

if 40 people buy though then the shipping price to canada is 160. also they offer a 6 bullet pack and holder for it for an additional 32 bucks judging from prices on PV, that's a good deal! (would add to 60 + no revolver looking case to hold them together.)

I have not tried the inh, no :(
I love my solo, and it's my go to vape for on the go needs. I love the big hits it can give me.
Thats cool to know the PnP can be used plugged in! my solo can't unless I use my adapter, but then it's not charging!

The FV, I am still practicing and learning how to use. doing one bowl a day with it type thing. I combust with it a lot. :( hence the practicing though. :) it's huge though! hahaI wasn't expecting that.

TY for the pointers! any more are also welcome! :) I have 6 days to decide :)

So before I ordered my PNP and solo have been using a whip style vape and one of the first MFLB for years. After I broke my whip again (this has happened several times) I decided to look for reviews on portable devices. And that is when I found this great forum.

Anyhow, coming from a person completely new to both devices, I must say I am very impressed with both. With my whip I would only get wispy vapor and if I cranked up clouds, I would cough like crazy. The PNP was the first to get tested, and it knocked my socks off. I set it to 3 with a full bullet and proceeded to fog up my bedroom. By the end of the session, I had turned it down to 2 and was goooooone! I was super impressed by the vapor production w/of coughing like crazy. I can't wait until my WT comes in for the real test.

After coming down, I gave the solo a go. Another very impressive device. Flavor was spectacular! I did have to work a little harder to get PNP comparable clouds, but the results were fantastic.

All in all my first impressions of both devices are very positive. I will be posting an updated comparison once I have used both for a longer period of time.

Dreamerr

You might want to make yoyo kid the same offer on price and get it now instead of in a month @weedemon , I still like the solo better but for different reasons. You have many vapes and know that you grab one depending on what you need or want at the time. I don't have the ability to vape and charge as I have the original model but I do from time to time use my pn in the house. It is mostly my on the go vape but I do find reasons to use it at home. I get tired of the same vape all the time. I even brought my ssv back out about a week ago. If the PN had a better body and a glass mouth piece and a replaceable battery it would be my favorite over all I think. I would still crave the better taste of the solo though.

@ trvb we are still waiting on battery replacements please.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass

I have the newest version solo and the pnp. The pnp is stealthier, easier to use and very efficient. The solo has better flavor, longer battery life and an aluminum body (which I prefer over the plastic).

If you are really worried about stealth I'd go with the pnp ... if you need more than 3-4 sessions per battery charge then i'd go with the solo.

Edit: @Dreamerr we may need to get @CentiZen on that replacement battery situation. Maybe he could make us some high capacity batteries ...

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
If the PN had a better body and a glass mouth piece and a replaceable battery it would be my favorite over all I think. I would still crave the better taste of the solo though.

@ trvb we are still waiting on battery replacements please.

Ed Zachary. Other than those things, I love the PnP. Altho I'd be happy with just the glass and the replaceable battery! ;)

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Okay people , here is my final attempt since I recieved my tubing from andy at epic vape.
I think I got it, stays in so strong that I spun it around from the glass mouthpiece expecting pnp to go flying , noooooope !!!

dont mind the foled silicone piece, you can use either side, the doubled up side if you dont push the glass mouthpiece all the way in but then the excess folded tubing looks funny, then I tried the unfolded side with the glass all the way in flush with the silicone and it fits better than a glove.

Kaptan

I have the newest version solo and the pnp. The pnp is stealthier, easier to use and very efficient. The solo has better flavor, longer battery life and an aluminum body (which I prefer over the plastic).

If you are really worried about stealth I'd go with the pnp ... if you need more than 3-4 sessions per battery charge then i'd go with the solo.

Edit: @Dreamerr we may need to get @CentiZen on that replacement battery situation. Maybe he could make us some high capacity batteries ...
Battery replacement on your own is not recommended and voids the warranty. See this post by Engineering for more info.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
dont mind the foled silicone piece, you can use either side, the doubled up side if you dont push the glass mouthpiece all the way in but then the excess folded tubing looks funny, then I tried the unfolded side with the glass all the way in flush with the silicone and it fits better than a glove.

Holy hand grenade batman! That looks damn good!

How is the sillicon vs the PonG plastic? What are the pro's n cons? I guess the silicon isnt in the vapor path at all so thats great, but the glass will transfer the heat, yes? Guess Im not sure what Im trying to ask but I cant wait to see you guys discuss this. Very tempted to do exactly the same thing at this stage tho.

Any chance of an idiots guide shopping list with links Mr B. OG? And do the higher temps now taste better?

EDIT: Just had my first bullet of the day, apologies for ramble :)

EDIT2: @BLAZING OG is this the tubing you're using? http://www.epicvape.com/accessories_vaporizer_wood_custom_aromatherapy_botanicals_herbal/silicon

Last edited:

samirfuzzywuzzy

A friend of mine has a glass bat (quartz one-hitter) That I found fits into the oven perfectly. I cant get him to part with it and I also cant find one like it any where else. I hope some one finds a way to eliminate both the bullet and pong with some thing like a glass stem used for the solo.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Holy hand grenade batman! That looks damn good!

How is the sillicon vs the PonG plastic? What are the pro's n cons? I guess the silicon isnt in the vapor path at all so thats great, but the glass will transfer the heat, yes? Guess Im not sure what Im trying to ask but I cant wait to see you guys discuss this. Very tempted to do exactly the same thing at this stage tho.

Any chance of an idiots guide shopping list with links Mr B. OG? And do the higher temps now taste better?

EDIT: Just had my first bullet of the day, apologies for ramble :)

EDIT2: @BLAZING OG is this the tubing you're using? http://www.epicvape.com/accessories_vaporizer_wood_custom_aromatherapy_botanicals_herbal/silicon
hahah glad ou liked it, the tubing is high temp so no worries there, the glass touches the hot bullet not the tubing unless you want it to. I haven't tried it with herb yet, but I ran a full 8 min cycle dry with the glass and the silicone inserted, and kept hitting it, and no odd taste and the mouthpiece didnt get hot enough to be uncomfortable. More testing is needed lol lol

Yes thast the exact tubing I got!!!!
I litterally cut off a piece of silicone , shoved the glass tube I had that fits like a glove and thast it, but yeah i wouldnt mind putting something together for you or anyone at that.

Here's the link of the pieces of glass Iam using, came from and essential vaaap h20 bong adapter like this exactly
http://www.gogopipes.com/Vaporizer-Eclipse_Vape_H20_by_Essential_VAAAPP.html
now ,not worth the 60 bucks, I got lucky and bought the whole kit at venice beach,ca for 20 bucks because they could not sell it.

A friend of mine has a glass bat (quartz one-hitter) That I found fits into the oven perfectly. I cant get him to part with it and I also cant find one like it any where else. I hope some one finds a way to eliminate both the bullet and pong with some thing like a glass stem used for the solo.
The glass might fit into the oven then a screen would keep material from entering the mouth, only porblem is that the bullet gets really ho aiding in the conduction/convection effect, the glass might make it more convection since the heat transfer might not be as good as the bullet , I could be wrong , but Id love a glass bullet!!!!!

Last edited:

annihilitor

Has anyone had a similar experience?

No matter if my Pinnacle Pro is plugged in or using battery and regardless of the heat setting, while heating up (after roughly 15-20 seconds) the vaporizer will start cascading red lights 6-7 times and then turn off. Right now my Pinnacle Pro is useless because of it. I've contacted Vapor Blunt about a replacement but I'm still awaiting for the "Return ID" from them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom