Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Engineering

Manufacturer
Still not sure what the difference is between the "optimized for apple" and "optimized for android" ports.

Marketing, mostly.

at 3.1A the output is a little low, since the Pro will require 4A to run. this will cause the power supply to
a) limit the current to 3.1A (which is actually pretty advanced and not usually put into those kind of devices) or

b) Pull the voltage down - which can damage the battery pack and may make the Pro work abnormally.

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
Marketing, mostly.

at 3.1A the output is a little low, since the Pro will require 4A to run. this will cause the power supply to
a) limit the current to 3.1A (which is actually pretty advanced and not usually put into those kind of devices) or

b) Pull the voltage down - which can damage the battery pack and may make the Pro work abnormally.

Hey Engineering,

The Anker does have a protection circuit built in (in case someone tries to plug in 2 Ipads, or newer phones at once, which would pull the voltage down and fry the battery pack like you stated), but isn't your wall charger for the PP 5V 3A output? I'm no expert but isn't the max amperage the Pro can pull even pass-through charging 3 amps or can the wall transformer handle higher amps by pulling the voltage down?

lovinlivinlife,

Engineering

Manufacturer
Hey Engineering,

The Anker does have a protection circuit built in (in case someone tries to plug in 2 Ipads, or newer phones at once, which would pull the voltage down and fry the battery pack like you stated), but isn't your wall charger for the PP 5V 3A output? I'm no expert but isn't the max amperage the Pro can pull even pass-through charging 3 amps or can the wall transformer handle higher amps by pulling the voltage down?

(this is what you get for posing early in the morning)

Your right, the transformer is 5V 3A. I had thought it was 5V 5A for some reason. that pack should work fine for the PRO.

Engineering,
Reactions: Tom Funk

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Today was great! I had our first of the month meeting (yes, I know it's the 14th already) and got fantastic news. We have sold through 80-85% of our back stocked water tools, therefore it's almost time to introduce the frit and some of the newer ideas I have not posted yet.

As for the price of water tools after the sale, I think the new msrp will be $79.99, and we will be offering a discounted price of $64.99 until Christmas as part of our Holliday sale.

These units will come with the v2 pong for OG pinnacle, but I do have plans to service them to PES once we reduce our inventory of v2 PonG's and increase the inventory or PES, I would say in 4 months or so we will make the switch to PES.

Lastly, The Baker is about to have its moment, when I send out the testers you guys are going to go crazy. I'm usually good at predicting if a product is going to resonate with u guys, this one is going to go over well.

Meghan

Today was great! I had our first of the month meeting (yes, I know it's the 14th already) and got fantastic news. We have sold through 80-85% of our back stocked water tools, therefore it's almost time to introduce the frit and some of the newer ideas I have not posted yet.

As for the price of water tools after the sale, I think the new msrp will be $79.99, and we will be offering a discounted price of $64.99 until Christmas as part of our Holliday sale.

These units will come with the v2 pong for OG pinnacle, but I do have plans to service them to PES once we reduce our inventory of v2 PonG's and increase the inventory or PES, I would say in 4 months or so we will make the switch to PES.

Lastly, The Baker is about to have its moment, when I send out the testers you guys are going to go crazy. I'm usually good at predicting if a product is going to resonate with u guys, this one is going to go over well.

I'm excited! The Pinnacle Pro has quickly become my daily driver, even unseating my Solo at times! I'll be watching everything and anything you guys do in the future with a lot of interest!

Dear Fellow Potheads,

I am purchasing a portable vape within the next two weeks and I would appreciate some first-hand experience please.

1) I need to know which portable vaporizer is BEST in terms of vapor smoke smell.

(Best being the least smelliest)

I live in a one-bedroom apartment that I just moved into and I would like to smoke out my kitchen window.

Can someone be so kind as to advise how badly their portable vaporizer smells in comparison to a blunt, a joint, a desktop vaporizer, etc.?

Thanks a bunch!

SmokeWeedErrrDay,

Meghan

Dear Fellow Potheads,

I am purchasing a portable vape within the next two weeks and I would appreciate some first-hand experience please.

1) I need to know which portable vaporizer is BEST in terms of vapor smoke smell.

I live in a one-bedroom apartment that I just moved into and I would like to smoke out my kitchen window.

Can someone be so kind as to advise how badly their portable vaporizer smells in comparison to a blunt, a joint, a desktop vaporizer, etc.?

Thanks a bunch!

Every vaporizer will smell to some extent--it's the nature of the beast.

Any vape will smell less than combustion, so there's that. :)

Personally, I don't find there to a huge difference in smell with the portables I've tried and liked, except for the Pax...that one just stinks. lol. I find the Pinnacle Pro to be relatively low smell, although you will definitely smell the sweet fragrance of mj when it gets up to temp. I highly doubt that it would smell enough to alert the neighbors, however. I switched to vaping from combustion specifically because my wife couldn't stand the smell of smoke...she says that since I began vaping, she doesn't even smell it anymore. And she sits a couple feet away from me...

vape4health

Dear Fellow Potheads,

Thanks a bunch!
I just got questioned this weekend about a skunk smell, and the Pro was only heating up in my pocket, I quickly turned it off and blamed my "new ecig juice". Its way less potent then combusting and dissipates faster but along them darker kinda smells. I did have it somewhere better suited to an oil pen but ya know....

Edit: What about them exhale filter things I seen posted round here somewhere, if they really work your all set.

vape4health,
Every vaporizer will smell to some extent--it's the nature of the beast.

Any vape will smell less than combustion, so there's that. :)

Personally, I don't find there to a huge difference in smell with the portables I've tried and liked, except for the Pax...that one just stinks. lol. I find the Pinnacle Pro to be relatively low smell, although you will definitely smell the sweet fragrance of mj when it gets up to temp. I highly doubt that it would smell enough to alert the neighbors, however. I switched to vaping from combustion specifically because my wife couldn't stand the smell of smoke...she says that since I began vaping, she doesn't even smell it anymore. And she sits a couple feet away from me...

Thanks, I was planning on getting the Pax just for street stealth use. Now I know I can't use it for my APT. So according to your personal experience, the Pinnacle Pro has low vapor smell? My fiance def hates the smell as well, which is why I NEED a port vape that smells the least for my APT. Thanks again.

I just got questioned this weekend about a skunk smell, and the Pro was only heating up in my pocket, I quickly turned it off and blamed my "new ecig juice". Its way less potent then combusting and dissipates faster but along them darker kinda smells. I did have it somewhere better suited to an oil pen but ya know....

Edit: What about them exhale filter things I seen posted round here somewhere, if they really work your all set.

Do you find that the vape smoke from your Pinnacle is smelly enough to consume a small room (say 10 feet x 5 feet)?

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokeWeedErrrDay,

Meghan

Thanks, I was planning on getting the Pax just for street stealth use. Now I know I can't use it for my APT. So according to your personal experience, the Pinnacle Pro has low vapor smell? My fiance def hates the smell as well, which is why I NEED a port vape that smells the least for my APT. Thanks again.

If your fiancee really can't stand the smell, maybe try one of these? http://www.smokebuddy.com/

Has she smelled the difference between vapor and smoke yet? I also think the Solo is a pretty low-smell vape. Another big difference between combustion and vaping is that the smell from vaping doesn't linger. When I used to combust, I could leave the house for hours and still smell pot when I got back. My wife knew when I would smoke because she could smell it on my clothes. Now that I vape, I never come back to evidence of my activities, and she never comments on the smell of them. The portables I owned that I felt were smelly, or that my wife commented on the smell, were the iolite, Pax, and Firewood (my wife asked me not to use it in the car--she was driving--because it smelled too much). I have used the Pinnacle Pro in the passenger seat, with the window cracked, and she has never said a word about it. (Granted, she's not particularly naggy, so I'm not saying there's NO smell...just not enough to bother her).

dirtydozen12

Got my replacements today! Just want to say i feel as if the pes pong fits much better/snug then the original pong.
j9x944.jpg

Also very happy nothing is broken, seeing how ups handled my mail so nicely... (Hole in the top was me)
2dv4etc.jpg

If your fiancee really can't stand the smell, maybe try one of these? http://www.smokebuddy.com/

Has she smelled the difference between vapor and smoke yet? I also think the Solo is a pretty low-smell vape. Another big difference between combustion and vaping is that the smell from vaping doesn't linger. When I used to combust, I could leave the house for hours and still smell pot when I got back. My wife knew when I would smoke because she could smell it on my clothes. Now that I vape, I never come back to evidence of my activities, and she never comments on the smell of them. The portables I owned that I felt were smelly, or that my wife commented on the smell, were the iolite, Pax, and Firewood (my wife asked me not to use it in the car--she was driving--because it smelled too much). I have used the Pinnacle Pro in the passenger seat, with the window cracked, and she has never said a word about it. (Granted, she's not particularly naggy, so I'm not saying there's NO smell...just not enough to bother her).

So Pinnacle Pro and Solo are the best in terms of least smelliest?

Thanks for your help.

SmokeWeedErrrDay,

Meghan

So Pinnacle Pro and Solo are the best in terms of least smelliest?

Thanks for your help.

I can only comment on the vapes I've tried (look in my signature for the list). Of the portables I've tried, the Pinnacle Pro and the Solo are my very favorites. Only the Pinnacle Pro is truly suited for using out of the house in a stealthy fashion, though.

I can only comment on the vapes I've tried (look in my signature for the list). Of the portables I've tried, the Pinnacle Pro and the Solo are my very favorites. Only the Pinnacle Pro is truly suited for using out of the house in a stealthy fashion, though.

Thanks, which one is the least smelliest? Solo or Pinnacle?

SmokeWeedErrrDay,

Tweek

Got my replacements today! Just want to say i feel as if the pes pong fits much better/snug then the original pong.
j9x944.jpg

Also very happy nothing is broken, seeing how ups handled my mail so nicely... (Hole in the top was me)
2dv4etc.jpg

Unbelievable. And they deliver it that way to you, without any sort of apology...nice postal service :disgust:

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
I'm not so sure if this is 100 percent safe. I bought an Anker Astro 5600, just like the one described earlier in the thread, and when I plugged it into my Pro the LED's started to flash green instead of blue, like when I charge it using the wall charger. I immediately unplugged it and haven't tried it again since.
My anker 5600 charges it just fine. I can only charge though not use it while connected to the battery.

njluvdr,

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
They light up just like when plugged into the wall charger. When I try to turn it on while charging with the battery I get the multicolor flashing lights then it turns off, just like when it shuts off after 8 minutes.

Last edited:
njluvdr,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
interesting, in your case the battery amps are not enough to be in use while plugged into battery.

Leads me to think whenever plugged in, it will take power from the plug only and it does not rely on the battery as a backup. Unlike how a cellphone works where you can be charging, but still have a battery discharge.

sxmokeUP,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
The anker seems kind of pricey...another $50 just for charging a vape on the go?

Hey Tweek, when your a cellphone, tablet, bluetooth headphone, e-cig, and multi-other-usb chargeable objects user these things come in handy. Not to mention that when I like to unplug from all that crap, besides the vapes of course :shrug:, and get away into the woods I've got 18 plus sessions from the Pinnacle to help me stay in touch with nature! :freak:

It's usually 39.99 on amazon.

Top Bottom