Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Does the micro-shower water attachment really say pinnacle in big white lettering down the side of it or is that just on the website? Watched some videos and it seemed like they didn't have the lettering on the tube but maybe it was just facing the other way.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Does the micro-shower water attachment really say pinnacle in big white lettering down the side of it or is that just on the website? Watched some videos and it seemed like they didn't have the lettering on the tube but maybe it was just facing the other way.

Mine looks pretty white. Its so perfect though. I dont really care at this point and I'm a non label guy.

2ikbh5.jpg

eta5ol.jpg

MileHighLife

Cool thanks. I wouldn't be worried about it if it was for a pinnacle but its for another portable and I'd prefer just a clear tube. Think I'll see if glassblowersdirect will make me a similar one without a label.

MileHighLife,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Im actually using mine with the Pax. Havent even tested it yet. Why pay more for less? The thicknesss of the mouthpiece is quality on the PNWT, I have the 18mm GBD tube and its cool but the PNWT is in a league of its own for the mini tube imo.

MileHighLife

Yeah I'm all ocd about aesthetics of my vapes its stupid. If the price they quote me is retarded I might just go with the pnwt. I think a slight taper down in tube size right after the splash guard would be awesome too

MileHighLife,

Andy

Is everyone's mouthpiece that loose? I'm buying this for a pocket vape when walking so I really need to be able to pocket it and not worry about it turning on or the bullet falling out in my pocket.
I haven't had any issues with the unit turning on or any bullets falling out but the mouth piece has come off in my pocket a few times. Definitely a loose fit.

Andy,

Hypno vaper

Sorry, I tried to post earlier but it didn't go through. Anyway I'm new been lurking for a while and you guys mentioned mass drop I went over and signed right up. I tried to buy it straight out for the $199 price but for some reason it didn't go through and it appears they put me on some type of list. I hope it goes through. Anyway you guys and gals are a great gang of folks and I thank you for all of the knowledge. (By the way, not a noobie to vaping, had several vapes over the last 3 years).

VAPEHUNTER

This has already been covered earlier in the thread.
Yes but you'll need one of these as well since the PNP charger only has an AC adapter and not USB:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003059FAI/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm not so sure if this is 100 percent safe. I bought an Anker Astro 5600, just like the one described earlier in the thread, and when I plugged it into my Pro the LED's started to flash green instead of blue, like when I charge it using the wall charger. I immediately unplugged it and haven't tried it again since.

VAPEHUNTER,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
I'm not so sure if this is 100 percent safe. I bought an Anker Astro 5600, just like the one described earlier in the thread, and when I plugged it into my Pro the LED's started to flash green instead of blue, like when I charge it using the wall charger. I immediately unplugged it and haven't tried it again since.

We went over the portable power option alot with Engineering in the og Pinnacle thread and I have been strictly using my Anker Astro 3E to charge my og pinnacle for the last 3-4 months. The 3E has 3amp capable output versus the 1 amp 5600 like you have. It works perfect though I did have a few problems in the beginning. Here is original post after I tested:

In regards to the Anker, I have put it through four or five full cycles of charging and have had great results. With a fully charged unit and a fully charged Anker battery I can consistently get 18+ sessions.

I did run into a problem early on that you have to watch for. It has happened twice now that I plugged the Pinnacle into the Anker and the charging light came on. After having it plugged in for about 5 hours unplugged hit the button and flashing blue light. Plugged the unit direct to the wall and let it charge again and worked.

I noticed two things when this happened, first, both times I was plugged into the android port (the Anker has one "optimized for android" and one "optimized for apple" charging port), though I am not thinking that was the issue. Second, when I plugged it in the solid charging light came on (common on the Pinnacle for all you unlucky non-owners). Anytime the flashing charging light has come on when plugged in I have not had the problem.

I am thinking that if the Pinnacle trickle charges when the solid charging light is on (which engineering never confirmed or denied) it's possible that the Anker doesn't see enough load to charge. The Anker lights stay on as if charging and the pinnacle solid charging light stays lit though.

So I just make sure that I am plugged into the apple port and only plug it back in after more than 3 sessions and it has been working great.

That being said I do believe that they upped the amp-in capabilities on the Pro model so it might not work the same. Maybe Engineering can share his thoughts on this.

sxmokeUP

former combustionist

What is your output? On the back of your unit, can you please type what you see.

@lovinlivinlife I saw your OG posts. Have you ever tried using the battery backup on a pro version. Wondering how it handles the pass-through charging.

sxmokeUP,

lovinlivinlife

What is your output? On the back of your unit, can you please type what you see.

@lovinlivinlife I saw your OG posts. Have you ever tried using the battery backup on a pro version. Wondering how it handles the pass-through charging.

Not yet, I haven't jumped to the pro yet because the OG has been working great for me. Though the mass drop and the fact that I must have charged/discharged mine upwards of 300-400 times now is getting me thinking about getting one. Maybe I can convince myself that the money I have saved with the efficiency of the pinnacle warrants the pro purchase, but damn that Herbalizer has me tempted to soo..... :brow:

Damn you VAS. And now I have been reading the glass thread quite a bit... do children really need to go to college?????

vape4health

The battery linked before said 2A plus 1A, I would guess a usb female to 2 males would give you 3amp to run passtthru. Not sure till someone tries it.

vape4health,

lovinlivinlife

The battery linked before said 2A plus 1A, I would guess a usb female to 2 males would give you 3amp to run passtthru. Not sure till someone tries it.

Actually each port is capable of up to 3.1 amps output if you are only charging 1 item. If you are charging 2 things (ie. 1 ipad and one smartphone) the "apple" port is limited to 2.1 and "android" port 1 amp. I have been charging my og pinnacle in the "apple" port and my t-vape in the "android" port at the same time and it works great.

anker_astro3e-03_zpse803b735.jpg

Still not sure what the difference is between the "optimized for apple" and "optimized for android" ports.

Meghan

Is everyone's mouthpiece that loose? I'm buying this for a pocket vape when walking so I really need to be able to pocket it and not worry about it turning on or the bullet falling out in my pocket.

Mine's not loose at all. In fact, mine was snug enough that I had to work to get it off, even before it got gunked up with resin. :) I can't imagine having the MP accidentally fall off!!

Meghan,
Reactions: sasNW

mscm888

My new Pro pong fits nice and snug out the box. After a weekend of pairing it with the WT it is even more snug.

Thanks again TRVB.com for getting the right pong to me for free!!!

mscm888,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom