Engineering

Manufacturer
I think you meant 428F. :hmm:

II. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
APPEARANCE: Solid tint
ODOR:Slight
PERCENT VOLATILES: N/A
MELTING POINT: 428 – 446°F (220-230°C)

No, 428 is the melting point of PC, NOT auto-ignition temperature. Those are two distinct and different properties. Melted plastic is typically not harmful, hence why it is used so commonly in injection molding. If you have ever been to a molding shop, you would notice how nobody is wearing respirators.

Burning plastic, OTOH can release toxic chemicals in the air, and is generally good to avoid.

Since you asked, here is the MSDS for PES:
http://www2.basf.us/DocToolWeb/DisplayDoc?oname=30047122&appid=Plastics_MSDS_Search&rend=pdf

To avoid the cherry picking of information from the MSDS and posting it as an emergency situation a few facts:
1) MSDS data sheets are for use in processing applications; ie. workers at the molding facility.
2) inhalation hazards in the MSDS refer to inhalation of plastic dust, NOT inhalation of thermal decomposition (Burning plastic).

Last edited:

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
so many things I want to say, but I am just frozen with how to address it. wow. lunch now, type soon.

sxmokeUP,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Just started using the Water Tool and have a few notes to share:

--Overall this thing is very small and quite cute, but looks deceive as it cools vapor very effectively allowing larger inhalations and less throat irritation.

--I thought it wasn't very good until I realized I wasn't filling it with enough water. I find the right level to be about a centimeter below the top of the cap in the bottom chamber, you have to fill slowly, high water pressure will just push all the water out. I think it just needs the air cuts to be covered in order to bubble properly and with the right water level you can angle it and don't have to keep your PnP at a straigth 90degree angle to percolate. Be very careful never to exhale or blow through the WT when it's on the PnP as you'll force water out the bottom and into your PnP, so pull your mouth away quick if you ever have to cough, which should be much less with the cooler vapor.

--I am noticing some grunge build up inside the inner bottom chamber. I am guessing that's from leaving the WT on top of the PnP as it heats up and the initial vapor just sits there sticking to the glass, so from now on I will not keep it on top of the unit until I'm going to start inhaling.

--The diameter of the mouth is small, so you can experiment with how you use it, sometimes I just cover the top with the top lipof my mouth (rather than "kiss" it) so I can look straight ahead while I use it.

Overall score from me: 95/100.If there were a way to make it impossible to ever spill water accidentally into the PnP and usable at any angle and I'd give it a 99. Perfect would be half the size and make it not require water at all, I heard the next iteration may have glycerin cooling?

TRVB also showed a prototype picture of the angled neck mouthpiece. As I mentioned above, I can use this at different angles fine, so I'm not sure it needs the bent neck, which may make it less pocket-able too.

Anyone have any tips for cleaning? I'm hoping just an ISO shake will clean my bottom chamber.

Last edited:
Mister G,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
so many things I want to say, but I am just frozen with how to address it. wow. lunch now, type soon.
I believe they are doing their best to sort out the situation and give you accurate information. They are right in the middle of replacing MPs and PonGs for us to ensure we are properly equipped and satisfied.

Getting into a battle with TRVB or Engineer is not going to solve anything. If you don't trust their vaporizer, sell your unit and buy another brand. Or better yet, do the required scientific research and prove that they are poisoning us with plastic.

Personally, I think this is one great little unit and does what it was designed for. I also don't believe I am inhaling anything other than what was intended.

VAPEHUNTER

I just received my replacement Pong and I must be one of the lucky ones because it is the correct thick walled version. They also sent me a free mp with the Pong. Thanks a bunch TRVB!

Oh yeah. For cleaning the Water Tool I use some table salt with a good amount of 91 percent ISO and a minute of shaking then I like to use a Q-tip in the "bottom neck" to clean the part where the vapor first hits. By doing this my Water Tool remains almost crystal clear with very little to no water spots.

Last edited:
VAPEHUNTER,
Reactions: poonman

Tweek

@TherealVaporblunt I know you are probably swamped, but just wanted to check in about my tracking #. If you can find it, please PM me. I'd also be more than happy to email someone at the website, if that makes it easier, or is the proper way to go. :)

I think it's time I try and call Canada Post and see what's up. Not like they know their heads from their asses, but it's worth a shot :D

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
@TherealVaporblunt I know you are probably swamped, but just wanted to check in about my tracking #. If you can find it, please PM me. I'd also be more than happy to email someone at the website, if that makes it easier, or is the proper way to go. :)

I think it's time I try and call Canada Post and see what's up. Not like they know their heads from their asses, but it's worth a shot :D
Hey, Tweek

I e-mailed Eric @ VB this morning and he got back to me within an hour...for what it's worth...

Good luck with Canada Post!

Jimmy

Welcome to FC. Great first post.

I don't think anyone caught this.^^^

add:
V. HEALTH HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
INHALATION: Toxic gases/fumes given off during burning or thermal decomposition
cause respiratory irritation

II + V = :hmm::goon::disgust:
@Engineer please explain. We are commenting on your information. Auto-Ignition temp means burning, which no one experienced.

add more: 1)Measure interior PonG temp at edge of screen and wall while use. 2) heat + pressure = higher temp (ex. pressure cooker)
ADD those to your variables since they haven't been talked about.

can we get the MSDS for the PES also, since Pro users shouldn't even have PC in the design.
PC plastic ignites at 842°F. melting plastic does not produce gas, as it is a liquid. the appeared to be missing pieces of the pong may have fallen out or just warped. highest temp on the PNP is 475°F. absolutely no way the plastic will ignite and produce toxic fumes. the new mouthpieces were only necessary to insure that they would hold their shape. not a health risk. it may be an inconvenient for you that they shipped the wrong mouthpieces, but its not a health concern. You shouldn't be so quick to falsely accuse the company. i love there customer support overall.

i am enjoying this vape more and more. its in my opinion the most versatile and reliant portable with some cool features and the hydrotube. a full bullet of dry herbs on setting 1 will still get me ripped, although i prefer setting 2 and then 3 to finish it off. hopefully i will be getting the hrdrotube soon on sale!

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
PC plastic ignites at 842°F. melting plastic does not produce gas, as it is a liquid. the appeared to be missing pieces of the pong may have fallen out or just warped. highest temp on the PNP is 475°F. absolutely no way the plastic will ignite and produce toxic fumes. the new mouthpieces were only necessary to insure that they would hold their shape. not a health risk. it may be an inconvenient for you that they shipped the wrong mouthpieces, but its not a health concern. You shouldn't be so quick to falsely accuse the company. i love there customer support overall.

i am enjoying this vape more and more. its in my opinion the most versatile and reliant portable with some cool features and the hydrotube. a full bullet of dry herbs on setting 1 will still get me ripped, although i prefer setting 2 and then 3 to finish it off. hopefully i will be getting the hrdrotube soon on sale!
Very well put, Jimmy. Thank you for the facts.

WildChild,

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape

For the record, I'm in no way bashing the company. Just wanted to point out a typo. The 428F is from the PC MSDS.
I've been following the SOLO, Ascent (every post), PP, and PAX threads for quite some time and I have to say, TRVB has been the most up front and candid. Perhaps they disclose a bit too much.

Jimmy

how do you delete a post. i accidentally posted this but can only edit it. btw 428F is the melting point. not the ignition tempurature

Jimmy,

Tweek

how do you delete a post. i accidentally posted this but can only edit it. btw 428F is the melting point. not the ignition tempurature

Hit report on the bottom of your post, near the left side and ask for it to be deleted.

Tweek,

Col. Kurtz

I recently purchased a pinnacle pro, which arrived yesterday. The unit I received seemed in good condition, but the mouthpiece and pong seemed a poor fit on the unit. Both were extremely easy to pull off and would wiggle while attached to the unit. After one satisfying bullet, I packed another, but when I picked up the unit after it had heated the pong came off off of the unit , taking the WT with it and shattering it. Is it normal for the pong and mouthpiece to be a loose fit on the unit, so much so that the inertia from picking up the unit can remove it, or did I receive a defective unit? Also what is the most effective way to pack a bullet for clouds?

Col. Kurtz,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
So, I expected to be ridiculed for the 2 posts I wrote when I did not write after lunch. Please read them again.

The first post was that I quoted something Engineer himself posted to read. Section V HEALTH HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION. I asked to explain Section V. He did explain it by saying that "inhalation hazards in the MSDS refer to inhalation of plastic dust, NOT inhalation of thermal decomposition (Burning plastic)" Great, but Thermal Decomposition is not the same as burning or auto-ignition of plastic. We are talking about melting plastic. So my request for an explanation was not really answered. I asked if he could "1)Measure interior PonG temp at edge of screen and wall while use." While using at 5 that area is hot; has that spot been measured? Asked about PES MSDS because well not going to copy everything.

My second post was a WOW, because as I wrote above, the explanation started out great, but was not answered. Jimmy answered my questions later on, and also falsely accused me of falsely accusing anyone. WildChild also thinks that I said something about poisoning whoever, but I have not. So.. What was that about black kettles?

I love my Pro and use it everyday regardless of issues. CS has been great, getting my replacement pong and ordered a WT. So I'm invested and impressed.

The other things I wanted to post earlier, but could not due to time, were in relation to the PonG pieces. For the past week, I have been reading the OG Pinnacle thread and just recently finished. Since we were using PC PonG with thin-walls and it has since been confirmed, I felt that I should mention some things I have read in the other forum. In late June, New Pongs has the an increase in wall thickness. Also in late June, a notice was issued about replacing their Pong Adapters. In mid August, new MP and PonGs were available for exchange. Those are facts. Now think.

Notice I have not typed anything negative, except that my question was kind of answered, but not really. I have not accused anybody of anything. I have not accused a company of poisoning me.

Sit back, calm down, vape, and move on. TY Engineer and TRVB for not overreacting.

sxmokeUP,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Anyone have the vaporblunt 2.0 and the pinnacle pro to compare, are they equal in performance just a smaller package????

BLAZING OG,

rsqemt911

Anyone have the vaporblunt 2.0 and the pinnacle pro to compare, are they equal in performance just a smaller package????

I have both.

They are very similar in operation but the PNP works MUCH better with oils as well as I have better results with the WT on the PNP than the VB2. I like the VB2, but all in all I prefer the performance of the PNP.

I think the VB2 heats up a bit faster though.

Don't get me wrong, they are both great units and you should be happy with either one.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
So, I expected to be ridiculed for the 2 posts I wrote when I did not write after lunch. Please read them again.

The first post was that I quoted something Engineer himself posted to read. Section V HEALTH HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION. I asked to explain Section V. He did explain it by saying that "inhalation hazards in the MSDS refer to inhalation of plastic dust, NOT inhalation of thermal decomposition (Burning plastic)" Great, but Thermal Decomposition is not the same as burning or auto-ignition of plastic. We are talking about melting plastic. So my request for an explanation was not really answered. I asked if he could "1)Measure interior PonG temp at edge of screen and wall while use." While using at 5 that area is hot; has that spot been measured? Asked about PES MSDS because well not going to copy everything.

My second post was a WOW, because as I wrote above, the explanation started out great, but was not answered. Jimmy answered my questions later on, and also falsely accused me of falsely accusing anyone. WildChild also thinks that I said something about poisoning whoever, but I have not. So.. What was that about black kettles?

I love my Pro and use it everyday regardless of issues. CS has been great, getting my replacement pong and ordered a WT. So I'm invested and impressed.

The other things I wanted to post earlier, but could not due to time, were in relation to the PonG pieces. For the past week, I have been reading the OG Pinnacle thread and just recently finished. Since we were using PC PonG with thin-walls and it has since been confirmed, I felt that I should mention some things I have read in the other forum. In late June, New Pongs has the an increase in wall thickness. Also in late June, a notice was issued about replacing their Pong Adapters. In mid August, new MP and PonGs were available for exchange. Those are facts. Now think.

Notice I have not typed anything negative, except that my question was kind of answered, but not really. I have not accused anybody of anything. I have not accused a company of poisoning me.

Sit back, calm down, vape, and move on. TY Engineer and TRVB for not overreacting.
You just wrote 6 more paragraphs about it...who is overreacting?:) ...just messing with you.

Happy to hear that you are enjoying your PNP...nice little unit for sure...

WildChild,
Reactions: Luv2Vape

Engineering

Manufacturer
Quick note based on some confusion about thermal decomposition:

You can check Wikipedia here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_decomposition

Thermal decomposition is not the same as melting, all plastics that are used in injection molding are termed thermoplastics. This means that under heat they will change state to a fluid, then re-solidify when cooled without change in mechanical or chemical properties. Think of it as freezing water, plastics are the same, just with a melting point much higher than 32F.

Thermal decomposition is when the chemical makeup of the plastic is changed due to excessive heat. Depending on the environmental conditions that may or may not result in burning - but requires heat well in excess of the melt temperature of thermoplastics.

*Que the NBC "The more you know" jingle*

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I have both.

They are very similar in operation but the PNP works MUCH better with oils as well as I have better results with the WT on the PNP than the VB2. I like the VB2, but all in all I prefer the performance of the PNP.

I think the VB2 heats up a bit faster though.

Don't get me wrong, they are both great units and you should be happy with either one.

Awesome thanks for taking the time for that comparison, Iam leaning hard towards the PNP.
I want good size clouds and possible use oils with at time.

Thank you:nod:

BLAZING OG,

RTbar

bump

mod note: No bumping. Please do not bump your threads to try and get attention. Be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
RTbar,
Top Bottom