Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I haven't heard back from anyone after emailing Eric like TRVB.com told us to!

It's the weekend. Give them a business day to get back to you, plus this sudden "recall" may have overwhelmed the small customer service office.

Mister G,

Luv2Vape

Same here & I happened to be reading the forum when told to email re: the replacement pong so I know I'm one of the first to email Eric regarding this issue. Hopefully it will be addressed Monday.

Luv2Vape,

vape4health

I just attached a copy of the paypal receipt from yoyokid and got tracking numbers a couple days later. I'm sure they are flooded.

If your too impatient like me just order a replacement from yoyokid, dude is quick to ship. It IS the weekend, so....

vape4health,

theCerberus

same boat as you. waiting patiently for an email response. sent a couple days ago, sent another last night because TRVB said eric had no unread emails but I hadnt received anything back.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

HSIHP

I was one of the first to email Eric. He said to me he will be working on it Monday since this started late Friday night.

Everyone deserves a weekend fellas, this company has been great to us and has made an honest mistake (something we all do). Let's just hang in there and give them some time.

mscm888

I got a response from Eric asking for a copy of my receipt. I gave him a copy of the order confirmation email that had my tracking number. I also let him know that I didn't keep a copy of the receipt that came with the Pro.

I'll report back witb an an update.

mscm888,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
All I did was ask for a replacement, gave my order number, shipping address and linked some photos. He emailed, back to confirm something. Responded back, and it was done. Under half a day. Hope it goes out today.

Thanks Eric

sxmokeUP,

salivape

I got a response from Eric asking for a copy of my receipt. I gave him a copy of the order confirmation email that had my tracking number. I also let him know that I didn't keep a copy of the receipt that came with the Pro.

I'll report back witb an an update.

Same here even though I mentioned I never got a receipt :doh: S'ok I'm sure he's just a busy man right now. I'm still not sure if I should be going through yoyokid or not... nobody seems to want to tell me.

salivape,

Andy

Same here even though I mentioned I never got a receipt :doh: S'ok I'm sure he's just a busy man right now. I'm still not sure if I should be going through yoyokid or not... nobody seems to want to tell me.
If you went through yoyokid you probably paid with PayPal. Forward them the PayPal receipt that was emailed to you. That is what I did.

Engineering

Manufacturer
In response to all the concerns about "toxic fumes"

First, let me state that the melting you see on the PC parts may not really be melting. Like I have said many times now, we have not seen it happen on our test units. My personal belief is that it is a stress cracking situation that is exacerbated by higher temperatures. Your missing pieces are probably still there, but fell out of the unit when you removed the PONG and cleaned out the ABV. The reson I say this is that even @ 475F setting, the max temp I have ever been able to measure on the PONG is around 280F. Large temperature gradients between the heater core and the exterior pieces.

I am not looking to get in an argument on that point, we changed the design and material just to make sure we mitigated the risk of damage.

Check the link out on PC's MSDS:
http://web.mit.edu/rocketteam/www/usli/MSDS/Polycarbonate.pdf

Specifically, look at section V health hazards identification. PC is non toxic unless BURNED. that happens at 842F. The PRO can't get that hot (even if the regulation circuit broke, it doesn't have the power to take the material to that temp).

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La

First, let me state that the melting you see on the PC parts may not really be melting. Like I have said many times now, we have not seen it happen on our test units. My personal belief is that it is a stress cracking situation that is exacerbated by higher temperatures. Your missing pieces are probably still there, but fell out of the unit when you removed the PONG and cleaned out the ABV. The reson I say this is that even @ 475F setting, the max temp I have ever been able to measure on the PONG is around 280F. Large temperature gradients between the heater core and the exterior pieces.

I am not looking to get in an argument on that point, we changed the design and material just to make sure we mitigated the risk of damage.

Specifically, look at section V health hazards identification. PC is non toxic unless BURNED. that happens at 842F. The PRO can't get that hot (even if the regulation circuit broke, it doesn't have the power to take the material to that temp).
This makes perfect sense to me because my MP tip had a very, very fine hairline crack in it. It was at this location where my plastic bent/snapped off. And I recovered the piece...no off-gassing...no toxic fumes.

I appreciate the explanation and look forward to receiving my replacement in the mail.

WildChild,

mscm888

I just received an email from Eric.

He told me the order confirmation email worked and my replacement pong will ship today!

MissAyres

Just got my WT on my doorstep. I love this thing! Can't wait to try it with oil tonight. woohooo. I got both the PNP and the WT at a good discount. Saved $120! Totally worth the price.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Well,

Unexplainably, I found the wrong pong being sent to someone today in an already sealed box. That means it had passed QC and someone was about to exchange their wrong piece for a brand new wrong piece.

This left me no choice but to recall every package that left our facility to re-QC. It was really my only choice. Your orders will ship again tomorrow, this time personally inspected by me.

I am now ready to admit that designing such similar looking pieces that aren't interchangeable is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever signed off on in my life. I am exploring the cost of simple placing them in our kiln and turning them into a large plastic fruit bowl.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Well,

Unexplainably, I found the wrong pong being sent to someone today in an already sealed box. That means it had passed QC and someone was about to exchange their wrong piece for a brand new wrong piece.

This left me no choice but to recall every package that left our facility to re-QC. It was really my only choice. Your orders will ship again tomorrow, this time personally inspected by me.

I am now ready to admit that designing such similar looking pieces that aren't interchangeable is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever signed off on in my life. I am exploring the cost of simple placing them in our kiln and turning them into a large plastic fruit bowl.
Oh well my new pong was still 3 days out according to lightning fast ups! Lol

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

vape4health

Got my replacement from yoyokid today, ITS THIN WALLED. I just send yoyokid letting him know too.

Did anyone get a thick walled pong at all? I know the mp is thick walled but what about your pong.

Talked to yoyokid, correct parts are being sent. Great service from both vendors, can't really complain.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
When I placed my original phone order, I asked the guy to make sure I had the "new" pong. Then the order never happened and the guy was reportedly fired, unrelated. Then I placed my order through the website, and got one pong outside the pnp box and one inside. I have no idea if this was because of my phone call to the fired guy, or if the thin or thick one was the one in the box because I didn't know that they were different at the time. Luckily I started using the thick-walled one. So now I have all three pongs including the og clear one, but evidently only one is suitable for the pnp. Any questions?

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Well,

I feel for you as a business owner TRVB. Does this mean we do not need to send an email and will just get notification of a new PonG being sent?

Mister G,

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape

I think you meant 428F. :hmm:

II. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
APPEARANCE: Solid tint
ODOR:Slight
PERCENT VOLATILES: N/A
MELTING POINT: 428 – 446°F (220-230°C)

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
I think you meant 428F. :hmm:

II. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
APPEARANCE: Solid tint
ODOR:Slight
PERCENT VOLATILES: N/A
MELTING POINT: 428 – 446°F (220-230°C)
Welcome to FC. Great first post.

I don't think anyone caught this.^^^

add:
V. HEALTH HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
INHALATION: Toxic gases/fumes given off during burning or thermal decomposition
cause respiratory irritation

II + V = :hmm::goon::disgust:
@Engineer please explain. We are commenting on your information. Auto-Ignition temp means burning, which no one experienced.

add more: 1)Measure interior PonG temp at edge of screen and wall while use. 2) heat + pressure = higher temp (ex. pressure cooker)
ADD those to your variables since they haven't been talked about.

can we get the MSDS for the PES also, since Pro users shouldn't even have PC in the design.

Last edited:
Top Bottom