Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

rsqemt911

I have to agree :clap:

This thing just works, right out of the box. You have to charge it up of course:rolleyes:, but there's no special technique to learn for the pp for which I am grateful. I have to refine the balance between big clouds and great taste but based upon first impressions, the pp is certainly capable of both. I really like the fact that there is no real learning curve or unique technique required for the pp, just pack it loose enough to allow for air flow and let her rip.

This is a vaporizer that you can pass around to your combuster/noob friends without fear; they won't screw it up or combust, and if there's weed in it they'll actually get high. I started a half-bowl off at 3 and got some great taste out of a couple of long slow hits, but only wispy clouds. I am a heavy hitter so I turned it up to 4 and got a good long hit that turned to popcorn toward the end and definitely provided a satisfying cloud upon exhale. The avb is very evenly cooked, overall very promising so far!

I filled it full and started it at level 4 the second time, and the pp did not disappoint. I had to turn it back down to 3 to finish it, big clouds a-rippin' all the way. I need to refine my technique, but I now have no doubts about its capabilities. Next time I will exercise a bit more patience :spliff:

For me this is huge. I've been frustrated with battery-powered vapes since the pax which I also had issues with, but I can already tell that this one's a keeper. I don't miss the pax any more, the hits and taste and efficiency are already better with the pp. The pax has the tiny cool factor going for it but that's about it in comparison. I didn't know what to think of the ascent so I won't compare, but I don't feel like I'm wasting material with this one and that is the other big part of the equation for me.

The blinking colored lights on the pp are fun but never annoying, they actually look more tasteful than I thought they would and they're usefully intuitive. It would be sweet if it stood up without the stand, and the bullets do get hot, but they cool down quickly and the stand-up on its own thing would bother me more if I was a big oil user which I am not. But these are extremely minor nitpicks.

edit/update: Using the pp direct I do get consistent vapor on level 3 with a full bowl; with a less than full bowl the load pulls away from the bottom and I didn't find the vapor to be as consistent; very tasty but on level 3 the clouds are not so thick. Level 4 gives huge thick clouds but it's harsh enough to induce coughing without the ht. Using the matching pinnacle ht, it's easy to get heavy clouds without any harshness on level 4. I should also state that I have been using the pong as a mouthpiece the whole time. If I was to pass the pp around to combuster/noobs I might use the mouthpiece/tip instead, but I like to use the pong for direct draw; it's easy to self-regulate and comfortable. I obviously don't have to change it to attach the ht so that's also a plus.

I do have heavy expectations for my portables; besides being small enough to easily jam into a pocket, they have to hit hard, be relatively easy to use, and be efficient with my material, and this is the first battery-powered unit to meet all of these requirements for me. Based on what I have read I think that the original model would also come up short, but my early feeling is that vb knocked it out of the park with the pinnacle pro.

Well done Vaporblunt! :cheers:

awesome review. I really think I will pull the trigger on this once I get my ascent refund.

rsqemt911,
Reactions: grokit

Reveen

Well, after one night of useage, I can safely say that I'm extremely satisfied. I'm the type who will turn the unit on, take 2 hits and shut it off right away (not a big session type vaper). I did this all last night on level one and only one of my battery bars is missing.

I probably turned it on and off 6 or 7 times for a quick couple of hits, the last time I bumped it up to temp 2 and got a huge cloud that made me cough a bit. Definitely going to have to learn to not hit it so hard on temps 2 and above or figure out a way to connect this to my Mobius Matrix. I think I just need a 14mm-18mm adapter but would love to not have to buy one.

Overall I'm very impressed. The Ascent might have been a little flashier, but the Pro is so much more satisfying to hit, and it conserves my stash very well. I'm very happy I decided to go with the Pro.

Last edited:
Wow, great reviews. I don't need this, but now I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger. I hate all of you. And it's not me you have to worry about. When I tell the wife that its all YOUR fault that I'm buying yet another vape, you better look out! Damn you all.

Reveen

Wow, great reviews. I don't need this, but now I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger. I hate all of you. And it's not me you have to worry about. When I tell the wife that its all YOUR fault that I'm buying yet another vape, you better look out! Damn you all.

Tell her that she should go out and buy a couple new pairs of shoes. That should help her get her mind off it.

Just one of many of my "husband tricks" I like to have ready in case of an emergency.

RTbar

I just plugged in my tracking number and noticed that it is being shipped UPS ground, even though I paid the additional $5 for what I thought was upgraded shipping (the website doesn't even say what the difference is). Whats the deal with that?

RTbar,

vape4health

Yep me likey.
I truely wasn't looking for another home vape but I guess its one of them things that you find when NOT looking. I'm still missing the flavor but it more then makes up for it the ability to lay down massive hits. With WT wife likes 3 I like 4. This afternoon will see some off the plug action, if the battery holds up for a few good loads this thing is the ticket. May try a mini whip.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
so.... keeping good flavor for more than one or two hits is this units only flaw?? :( that is a big flaw for me. i will continue to read the reviews for mentions of "taste"

mmenzie,

vape4health

so.... keeping good flavor for more than one or two hits is this units only flaw?? :( that is a big flaw for me. i will continue to read the reviews for mentions of "taste"
Not really a flaw, extremely similar taste to a Pax and No2, from start to finish could just be the taste of conduction. Its not the fresh taste I get from a solo, its not bad at all, not sure how to explain it.

vape4health,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Reveen

vape4heabetter post: 455927 said:
Not really a flaw, extremely similar taste to a Pax and No2, from start to finish could just be the taste of conduction. Its not the fresh taste I get from a solo, its not bad at all, not sure how to explain it.

The flavor was better than I was expecting, but admittedly not quite on the same level as my EQ/Mobius combo. I'm going to guess that the flavor goes away sooner because of the temp (in my case at least). I can get several extremely tasty hits on my EQ at 175c whereas the PnP starts out at 187c so the terpines end up getting vaped off quicker.

Reveen,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I knew you guys were going to love the PRO. Thanks again, TRVB for allowing me to test the PRO. As grokit said, "the thing just works."
I've had my PRO for almost a month now and like the regular PN, reliability is rock solid. Taste is good at "1" (370F) and "2" (395F) and not as good at "3" (425F), but not bad. I recommend using the water tool at "2" and above. It really smoothes out the taste nicely.

Both the regular mouthpiece and the PONG seem to fit more snugly and the control button is more recessed from the body. The control button and the LED display are very intuitive and idiot proof. I know TRVB said the battery life of the PRO would be similar to the regular Pinnacle, but I've found it to be improved. I got 60 minutes (fully charged) at "3" (425F). I appreciate the fact that unlike some other vape companies, TRVB doesn't exaggerate the battery life of its vapes in their advertising.

For those considering the newly released Ascent or Inhalater XP, you may wish to check out those threads and see what FC members have to say about their first impressions of those vapes.

EDIT: Did I mention the PRO is really efficient? This thing is STINGY with its use of herb.

zongo47

Accessory Maker
"That water bong is so smooth you don't realize how high your gettin', til its too late"
- Bubbles, Trailer Park Boys

^
I rigged it up to a water pipe I just cleaned like new. What he said :D
Filled a bullet up to about 2mm below the rim and setting 3 has plumes of vapor for two 8 minute sessions. It looked like smoke it was so thick, and it just kept coming and coming, I didn't know I could get that much continuous vapor off of so little. It came out medium brown and perfectly cooked.

All I wanted to do was quit smoking for my health. The other guy delivered many empty promises, delays, and poorly QCd merchandise. TRVB saves the day and ships on time with a product that has surpassed my expectations. You have gained one happy customer :tup:

Last edited:

dsal1

Man, I would like a pro. I have MFLB and a solo and love them both but I just cannot pay that price for a vape. I really wish they all would come to pricing under 200.00 like the Solo and MLFB.

dsal1,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Man, I would like a pro. I have MFLB and a solo and love them both but I just cannot pay that price for a vape. I really wish they all would come to pricing under 200.00 like the Solo and MLFB.
I too will have to watch and save my pennies up for a few months for a Pro .The Great reviews are overwhelming anything negative about this Vape . Wait , I haven't really read anything negative Yet .

ANd Grokit likes something with a battery !

This Looks to be this years must have Vaporizer . I may not be able to pick one up now But by 2014 , if TRVB doesn't come out with one or two new models by then I'll have one in my Arsenal .

Last edited:

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
with the pro, can you do two (or three) sessions lets say on 4 back to back or does it get too hot by then?
(too hot to hold or too hot to operate?)
btw, expecting the pro on my doorstep any day now :cool:
After a few back to back sessions, the top of the PRO can get hot. Not enough to burn you, but you may be startled. I suggest holding the PRO below the intake holes.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I too will have to watch and save my pennies up for a few months for a Pro .The Great reviews are overwhelming anything negative about this Vape . Wait , I haven't really read anything negative Yet .

ANd Grokit likes something with a battery !

This Looks to be this years must have Vaporizer . I may not be able to pick one up now But by 2014 , if TRVB doesn't come out with one or two new models by then I'll have one in my Arsenal .

Haha, you never know! The Baker is the last project we have on the board for now. The project after that will have to wait on new technology, but I have some idea's!
Yep me likey.
I truely wasn't looking for another home vape but I guess its one of them things that you find when NOT looking. I'm still missing the flavor but it more then makes up for it the ability to lay down massive hits. With WT wife likes 3 I like 4. This afternoon will see some off the plug action, if the battery holds up for a few good loads this thing is the ticket. May try a mini whip.

It's surprising how many people have made this unit there home unit as well as portable. I must admit, my home unit of choice from our line would be vb2.0, that thing has crazy power.

I just plugged in my tracking number and noticed that it is being shipped UPS ground, even though I paid the additional $5 for what I thought was upgraded shipping (the website doesn't even say what the difference is). Whats the deal with that?

From me?

TherealVaporblunt,

grokit

well-worn member
I must admit, my home unit of choice from our line would be vb2.0, that thing has crazy power.
From me?

Any way you could get ups to change your return address to
something more discrete than Vaporblunt, like TVC or something?

The new watertools for the vb2 are very nice,
I wish you could use the stir tool with them which I also like!

grokit,
Reactions: Crohnie

Kaptan

Keep in mind, the Solo was $249 when it was first released and only lowered in price about 6 months later. Most electronic portables are in the $200-$250 price range.

Top Bottom