Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Manny__Freshh

Just got my PnP from Massdrop. Coming from a Firewood myself i'm very impressed with the PnP. On the second setting i get about 8-10 good drags with big clouds after the 2nd drag. I go up to the 3rd setting to finish and i get about 3 additional hits. So far i love this thing, i believe i will be using it on a daily basis. Unfortunately my PNWT is on backorder :cry: This thing is great as a standalone unit so i can't wait to try it with the PNWT.

The MP doesn't touch the main body, is that normal? i hear the *click* but theres a slight opening between MP and the PnP.
Also it gets hot around the top of the unit where the heating chamber is, i know this is probably normal but me being a vape noob i just wanted to find out if its normal.

chimpybits

Just got my PnP from Massdrop. Coming from a Firewood myself i'm very impressed with the PnP. On the second setting i get about 8-10 good drags with big clouds after the 2nd drag. I go up to the 3rd setting to finish and i get about 3 additional hits. So far i love this thing, i believe i will be using it on a daily basis. Unfortunately my PNWT is on backorder :cry: This thing is great as a standalone unit so i can't wait to try it with the PNWT.

The MP doesn't touch the main body, is that normal? i hear the *click* but theres a slight opening between MP and the PnP.
Also it gets hot around the top of the unit where the heating chamber is, i know this is probably normal but me being a vape noob i just wanted to find out if its normal.
Great to hear another impressed customer. Many from the massdrop have been receiving their packages. (I'm international so am still waiting patiently). Bad luck that your order is 1 of the 10 that were short-shipped on the PNWT.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Just got my PnP. From Massdrop. Coming from a Firewood myself i'm very impressed with the PnP. On the second setting i get about 8-10 good drags with big clouds after the 2nd drag. I go up to the 3rd setting to finish and i get about 3 additional hits. So far i love this thing, i believe i will be using it on a daily basis. Unfortunately my PNWT is on backorder :cry: This thing is great as a standalone unit so i can't wait to try it with the PNWT.

Yeah there's a slight gap between the mp/body or pong/body on mine.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Brought the PNP with me on a weekend getaway with the wife to Newport, RI. We were walking around earlier today and I was testing the stealth setting (level 1). I was getting lots of flavor and wispy vapor. My wife said it reeked the whole time. She was nervous that someone was going to say something, but if anyone did smell it, not one fuck was given. I caught a really nice head high and put it away, but before I did I spotted this little guy and could tell by the look in his eyes that he wanted me to share.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I am anxious to buy a backup WT when VB has their Black Friday sale. You never know when the unexpected might happen. They are pretty sturdy but if fallen from a table onto wooden floors usually the floor wins out, happened a month or so ago.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Brought the PNP with me on a weekend getaway with the wife to Newport, RI. We were walking around earlier today and I was testing the stealth setting (level 1). I was getting lots of flavor and wispy vapor. My wife said it reeked the whole time. She was nervous that someone was going to say something, but if anyone did smell it, not one fuck was given. I caught a really nice head high and put it away, but before I did I spotted this little guy and could tell by the look in his eyes that he wanted me to share.

I am a bit confused by this sine the PN is the least smelly besides the solo of the portables I own or have used. Even when dirty it does smell way more but still not as bad. You were using low heat which makes me wonder but that won't answer the question:shrug:

chimpybits

I am a bit confused by this sine the PN is the least smelly besides the solo of the portables I own or have used. Even when dirty it does smell way more but still not as bad. You were using low heat which makes me wonder but that won't answer the question:shrug:
I was a bit surprised too by this in particular, the term "reeked". methinks Deadshort480's wife perhaps is especially sensitive at least in the olfactory sense. Vaping reeking? Really?

chimpybits,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Deadshort480

I also believe that she is extra sensitive to the smell. She thought the Solo smelled a lot as well. I have definitely walked in on a vaping session and thought that it reeked, but that has always been in an enclosed area. Vaporization definitely causes a strong odor, but it is not nearly as bad as combustion.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: chimpybits

Luv2Vape

I find that the unit itself stinks when it's hot. There's no difference in the vapor itself or consequential lingering vapor odor but I don't find the smell of a hot unit discreet at all compared to my log vapes or other portables I've owned. That being said, I used it in a hotel room very recently with no complaints, something I definitely wouldn't try with combustion.

Luv2Vape,

Andy

Im rather curious now..has anyone tried adding a 1/4 mint leaf so maybe mask the smell a little? Would that work at all?
I don't see why that wouldn't work. Back in the 60s my mom would mix her stuff with mint and smoke it.

Andy,

CarolKing

You should try a little mint. Grokit's right when you first put the herb in and you are waiting for the unit to heat up, is when it smells the most.

CarolKing,

Meghan

I find that the unit itself stinks when it's hot. There's no difference in the vapor itself or consequential lingering vapor odor but I don't find the smell of a hot unit discreet at all compared to my log vapes or other portables I've owned. That being said, I used it in a hotel room very recently with no complaints, something I definitely wouldn't try with combustion.

I can smell my Pinnacle Pro when it's ready to hit. That's how I know it's reached temp. I find it far less smelly than the Pax, which tended to reek for the entire session...and at the end it would start to smell terrible.

I used the PnP in Home Depot, hidden in my sleeve, and as far as I could tell, nobody noticed. I wasn't puffing away next to people or anything, but I tend to be fairly paranoid in these situations (less so as a patient in a medical state) and I didn't smell anything at all. My non-vaping wife didn't mention anything either (or admonish me to turn it off, which she DEFINITELY would have done if she thought it smelled).

Deadshort480

So, after a weekend of using my PNP I've found that it is a fine portable vaporizer. I like having bullets to load with different strains and I like the fact that it had the multiple heat settings. 8 minutes is about the perfect amount of time I need to get lifted so the auto shutoff feature is perfect for me. For some strange reason I really like the fact that it is about the thickness of a fat cigar and I hold it as such when I'm not trying to stealth vape.

With all that said, I don't know if it'll replace my Pax as what I grab on the way out the door. I find that the vapor the PNP produces, even at setting 2, irritates the sheeeeit out of my throat without the PNWT. The Pax doesn't irritate my throat until I get to the high setting. I know this has to do directly with the difference between the convection heating of the PNP and the conduction heating of the Pax. I also enjoy the vapor that the Pax produces more. I feel the Pax's vapor has less air mixed in so it is thicker and more potent. The taste definitely falls off faster in the Pax, but I've never minded that as I don't really notice until I bump the Pax up to medium.

I'm going to hold onto the PNP because I really love it with the PNWT. As far as I'm concerned, this pairing is really what makes the PNP shine and is what makes it such a fine portable, although most discretion and stealth goes completely out the window when you do pair them.

Dreamerr

So, after a weekend of using my PNP I've found that it is a fine portable vaporizer. I like having bullets to load with different strains and I like the fact that it had the multiple heat settings. 8 minutes is about the perfect amount of time I need to get lifted so the auto shutoff feature is perfect for me. For some strange reason I really like the fact that it is about the thickness of a fat cigar and I hold it as such when I'm not trying to stealth vape.

With all that said, I don't know if it'll replace my Pax as what I grab on the way out the door. I find that the vapor the PNP produces, even at setting 2, irritates the sheeeeit out of my throat without the PNWT. The Pax doesn't irritate my throat until I get to the high setting. I know this has to do directly with the difference between the convection heating of the PNP and the conduction heating of the Pax. I also enjoy the vapor that the Pax produces more. I feel the Pax's vapor has less air mixed in so it is thicker and more potent. The taste definitely falls off faster in the Pax, but I've never minded that as I don't really notice until I bump the Pax up to medium.

I'm going to hold onto the PNP because I really love it with the PNWT. As far as I'm concerned, this pairing is really what makes the PNP shine and is what makes it such a fine portable, although most discretion and stealth goes completely out the window when you do pair them.

Try the omi ecig condoms on top like these http://www.vaporkings.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=ecig+condoms It should help a lot. I use it all the time on the PN with the pong.

Dreamerr

Yes and it also directs it so you get more vapor. It has that small pinhole and some of us are using them with our solos and chillums as well. The chillum was to heavy for the PN. I did try to make it work with no pong to no success. I was able to use a glass straw with no pong but it kept falling off. They are so cheap why not give it a try. I bet you can find them in a ecig shop or smoke shop.

CarolKing

Hi, I'm new to the FC Community I've been thinking about getting the PNP. I will be waiting for the Black Friday sale from VaporBlunt. I want to buy the WT also.
I've been going through this thread educating myself on the ins and outs of this unit. I like the fact that it can be used while plugged in, I think that is a real plus. I want to thank all of you who helped me to decide which next vape I will be buying.

Hypno vaper

Hey guys I have a question hopefully someone can answer. How is the standby time on the battery? I received my massdrop unit today and gave it a full charge. However, I didn't use it because I'm waiting for the top hat screens to be delivered. Will the battery be ok 3-4 days later without any usage or will I need to recharge it anyway because it sat for 4 days? I would hate to have to give it another full charge without ever depleting the battery in the first place. Thanks.

The Hypnotist

Hypno vaper,
Top Bottom