1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Pinnacle Pro

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by stickstones, Aug 25, 2013.

1. TherealVaporblunt

TherealVaporblunt Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Agreed. I think 4 is a wasted setting for most of us, but the common folks vape away at 4 and love it. To many people not in the know think that 340 isn't working. I got outvoted at starting at 355
    theCerberus and RUDE BOY like this.
  2. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

@OF...I'm just making sure you know someone finally made a portable vape with more than a red/green way of telling the temps and settings. I've given you a small amount of grief on occasion for giving some manufacturers a hard time over it, but I'd still never seen anyone make anything differently. Now you have it!

I love setting 4 with the WT. I went through two lightly filled bullets the other night for a nightcap and had a hard time standing up afterward.
    grokit likes this.
  3. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Well thanks for at least trying. What reasons did they use to beat you down?
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  4. Vapingaway818

Vapingaway818 Member

Glad to see a thread was made for the pro!
  5. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd Well-Known Member

Sticks, in your opinion.... Pn pro or ascent?
    grokit likes this.
  6. meduser#420

meduser#420 Contentedly Stoic

this has my interest. I'll be watching this.
  7. stickstones

That's a tough one...assuming they are both working right. You've had a PN, so just imagine that with a couple extra higher temp settings, a button that doesn't turn on accidentally, can be used while charging and with great button/light feedback.

The Ascent tastes way better, but the PNPro is smaller and stealthier. I think they are both keepers. I wouldn't get rid of either one if working properly.
    JCat, Crohnie, grokit and 2 others like this.
  8. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd Well-Known Member

Comparable cloud production from both?
  9. TherealVaporblunt

Can u elaborate on the taste, I haven't used the ascent
  10. stickstones

VnC...I don't have my Ascent anymore to do a direct comparison, but my memory puts them in the same class.

trvb...the Ascent beta version I used had an all glass airpath without any of the silicone people are talking about now. I found the taste to be second only to my Vapolution2. The all glass airpath of these vapes makes for a clean, tasty hit that really makes strain chasing fun...even at the highest temp settings. I find the PN and PNPro to have a more neutral taste...I can taste the herbal qualities on the lowest settings, but after that it all kind of homogenizes into one taste that is not very herbal.

Every portable I have ever used irritates my throat at the higher temps...the Ascent just less so. That's why I love the WT so much. It takes all that irritation away with any vape I use it with, but it works perfectly with the PN, as it should.
    chimpybits, JCat and RUDE BOY like this.
  11. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

What is THAT??? :o
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  12. grokit

grokit power cosmic

Tough choice, but evidently stickstones has made his!

For me I suppose it depends on how much I value using a watertube with a portable device. Both units are pocketable and capable of being discrete, but the pro is better setup for a small wt and evidently needs it for taste. The ascent otoh reportedly tastes better without the wt, so more portability and better for stealth use. The pro seems to be more efficient.
    Interesting dilemma...:popcorn:
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    SSVUN~YAH and RUDE BOY like this.
  13. C No Ego

C No Ego Active Member

it means full blast setting is (hot as shit!! conduction mode) and low setting is convection.
    natural farmer likes this.
  14. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I thought the same thing . and wanted to ask , how you would switch Modes ? The only other vape I know that does this is the FV when going between the original and S2 .

so what are the differences in the PN pros conduction and convection mode choices ?
  15. grokit

grokit power cosmic

I just figured he meant that the the two heating modes are used in combination with each other.
    Quetzalcoatl and RUDE BOY like this.
  16. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

Hey Sticks, how many sessions per charge have you been getting?
  17. stickstones

this is correct...there is not a choice in the matter!

hsihp...ill have to answer that one later. I always keep it topped off. I'll use it till it runs dry next time
  18. TherealVaporblunt

Ok, I actually had to make a phone call on this one. The bullets edges create a conduction heat while our lungs pull hot air though the bullet which is convection. I think we may have been stretching on that talking point, but I'll leave that up to you guys.
  19. grokit

grokit power cosmic

Makes perfect sense to me trv!
  20. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Is the air being pre-heated in a separate chamber before entering the bullet? Or is it being heated up upon entry into the bullet?

:peace:
  21. TherealVaporblunt

The next person to post in this thread gets to be a tester for the Pro, this will be the last FC tester. Good Luck!!!
  22. njluvdr

njluvdr Keep calm and vape on

That would be me
    placetime, thesoloman, Seren and 3 others like this.
  23. sam reynolds

sam reynolds because "Samantha" is a mouthful.

Really?

Edit: noooooooooooooooo!
    grokit likes this.
  24. TherealVaporblunt

Congrads!! PM me your address and I will send that out to you as soon as it comes out of QC. Looking forward to your opinion
  25. njluvdr

njluvdr Keep calm and vape on

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors