Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Kaptan

Thanks for the review. I'm almost sold. My only concern is that you say level 3 is only comparable to 3-4 on a solo. Isn't setting 3 on the pro supposed to be 420f? Whereas 3-4 on a solo is 374 and 383f. Something doesn't add up. Would you say the effects of level 3 on the pro are the same as 3-4 on the solo or is it just the clouds and harshness you are reffering to? I've got to have those high temps!
IMO, I would equate the Pro on heat setting 3 equal to the Solo on 5 or 6. The Solo does produce more dense vapor, but the effects of the vapor from the Pro is just as effective.

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
It is a comparision in terms of cloud production. In terms of heat and harshness I would say level 5 on the solo. This is not firm, more of an impression. I'll do a further comparision tonight or tomorrow. Regardless the Pro is a heavy hitter getting me really vaped like the solo and pax.

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
@Kaptan @njluvdr Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. As long as it gets me flying with at least reasonable clouds then i'll be happy! Right, where's my bank card :brow:

Its also the easiest vape to clean. Only an ISO soaked Qtip to clean resin off the mouthpiece screen. Takes all of 10 seconds. The bullet seems really clean after 3 sessions but that should be easy also with an ISO soak

Stthings

Any studies or reviews done on the health risks (if any) of the high-temperature plastic they use in the Pro?

BubbaGump

Absolutely. Been testing my PN heavily since early spring & I've only grown one extra testicle. :lmao:

To your question, though. I believe TRVB went over that at different points in the original PN thread. You may want to go through that. I'm sure he may chime in on this if he sees your question, which IS a good one. I'm not a technical expert, but what I did see and research settled any concerns I had. Plenty of tech guys here you may see respond.

Peace

Last edited:
Can you use the pinnacle with an adapter on any regular water pipe? Or does it need to be something that will allow the pinnacle to be standing upright? I'm just hoping to save some money by not having to get the water tool by recycling my old combustion device and using it for cooling down vapor

ChronicMasturvaper,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Can you use the pinnacle with an adapter on any regular water pipe? Or does it need to be something that will allow the pinnacle to be standing upright? I'm just hoping to save some money by not having to get the water tool by recycling my old combustion device and using it for cooling down vapor
It's fine upside down unless your using the oil can.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Stthings

@TherealVaporblunt

Can you offer insight on the safety of the plastics used? I read through the original thread, and you stated it was high grade engineering plastic and components and no electronics were exposed. However, someone also stated they tasted a teflon/plastic taste when using the unit on high temperatures. Could you ask your engineer what the specs are before I pull the trigger? What is the actual type of plastic used and how are you sure that it isn't giving off any gasses? What's the heat resistance of the plastic? Etc. Thanks TRVB! It's looking super promising, just after the whole Ascent ordeal, I want to be as informed as possible.

Stthings,
Reactions: Egzoset

VAPEHUNTER

@TherealVaporblunt

Can you offer insight on the safety of the plastics used? I read through the original thread, and you stated it was high grade engineering plastic and components and no electronics were exposed. However, someone also stated they tasted a teflon/plastic taste when using the unit on high temperatures. Could you ask your engineer what the specs are before I pull the trigger? What is the actual type of plastic used and how are you sure that it isn't giving off any gasses? What's the heat resistance of the plastic? Etc. Thanks TRVB! It's looking super promising, just after the whole Ascent ordeal, I want to be as informed as possible.
I think ENGINEER may have answered some if not all of these questions in the original Pinnacle thread. If you start at Page 24 post #596 and read on from there you can find a lot of good technical info. I know you stated that you already read the original thread but maybe you missed this.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Yes, it works at a 45 angle, you will need a 14mm female.

I think the best way to handle the technical questions is to have engineering come in on Monday and answer all of your questions in one swoop.

If you have questions regarding the technical stuff, start the question like this...

@Engineering, what is the......

I'll have him respond the best he can to them.

I think the best way to handle the technical questions is to have engineering come in on Monday and answer all of your questions in one swoop.

If you have questions regarding the technical stuff, start the question like this...

Hey vaporblunt thanks for your response. I read through the original on thread and just had to say I'm blown away by your response time and how you involved engineering. I'm purchasing a Pro tonight. Da Vinci should seriously pay you to consult them on how to do a proper launch on any future products they have.

My final question. What is the fastest mode of shipping I can pick to get this bad boy. If I select ups $5 will that come faster than ups ground?

Stthings

I think ENGINEER may have answered some if not all of these questions in the original Pinnacle thread. If you start at Page 24 post #596 and read on from there you can find a lot of good technical info. I know you stated that you already read the original thread but maybe you missed this.
Wow, good eye my man

You're running your business the right way. Keep it up.

BlueCloud

@TherealVaporblunt

Can you offer insight on the safety of the plastics used? I read through the original thread, and you stated it was high grade engineering plastic and components and no electronics were exposed.

Just to clear up any confusion, the electronics are not sealed off from the air path. This is something I would like to see on a future Pinnacle.

Last edited:
BlueCloud,

Stthings

Just to clear up any confusion, the electonics are not sealed of from the air path. This is somthing I would like to see on a future Pinnacle.
Where did you find that?

Post # 122 on the original Pinnacle thread states:

"The Pinnacle heat exchanger is made from a combination of stainless steel Teflon, and a plastic called PES; Both Engineering Grade plastics that are exceptional for heat and resistance to breaking down. We made sure to be very careful to only use materials that could withstand the heat of the Pinnacle, and at the same time did not leave any “plastic taste.” There is no hot air contact on electronics, batteries, or any plastic that is not suited for extreme environments.

P.S. The VB2.0 directly heats the bowl, so the only thing hot air touches is the metal bowl."

Last edited:
Stthings,

BlueCloud

Where did you find that?

Post # 122 on the original Pinnacle thread states:

"The Pinnacle heat exchanger is made from a combination of stainless steel Teflon, and a plastic called PES; Both Engineering Grade plastics that are exceptional for heat and resistance to breaking down. We made sure to be very careful to only use materials that could withstand the heat of the Pinnacle, and at the same time did not leave any “plastic taste.” There is no hot air contact on electronics, batteries, or any plastic that is not suited for extreme environments.

P.S. The VB2.0 directly heats the bowl, so the only thing hot air touches is the metal bowl."

Where did you find that?

I said air path, not vapor path. If you look inside the fresh air intake you can see the electonics. There is also a picture here. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-pinnacle-by-vaporblunt.8431/page-66#post-379594

BlueCloud,

BlueCloud

Nice find, so do you believe that would contribute to any toxicity? That's why i sent my Ascent back, was because of the exposed electronics.

I hope not...lol Maybe engineering can go into more detail about safety concerns.

BlueCloud,
Reactions: mscm888

Stthings

Here we go...

@Engineering , what are the risks of the electronics being in the air path? Are they receiving any sort of heat from the unit or is it isolated? Furthermore, is there a reason as to why it isn't covered from the air path? The unit is only so big, so I would assume some of the heat would transfer to the electronics and battery and possibly heat them up.

Stthings,

Kaptan

Most of the heat stays isolated at the top where the heating chamber is located. The bottom, where the batt and electronics are housed stay cool. IMO, there is no concern of heated battery or electronics in the air path.

Kaptan,

Engineering

Manufacturer
Here we go...

@Engineering , what are the risks of the electronics being in the air path? Are they receiving any sort of heat from the unit or is it isolated? Furthermore, is there a reason as to why it isn't covered from the air path? The unit is only so big, so I would assume some of the heat would transfer to the electronics and battery and possibly heat them up.

The Electronics are NOT in the air path. if you look at the pinnacle housing, you will see 3 holes on each side. These are the fresh air intake. They are above the electronics inside the heater core. The link that was posted was about a disassembled unit, it is important that the pinnacle us used fully assembled!

The electronics do get hot after a while, and if you are a HEAVY user of the PRO you may find the unit will shutoff and refuse to restart. That is because of a thermal shutdown that is built into the electronics to prevent damage to the unit. (it will reset when the unit cools off) However, you will not be drawing that hot air out of the electronics compartment.

As to the materials used, we are using the same plastics as in the Pinnacle (PES & Teflon); with a few modifications to the design that improves the heat resistance to accommodate the higher temps.

P.S. I saw someone claim in another post that the heater is st the bottom of the unit, this is incorrect. The heater is the stainless steel tube in the bowl.

Top Bottom