Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Stthings

The Electronics are NOT in the air path. if you look at the pinnacle housing, you will see 3 holes on each side. These are the fresh air intake. They are above the electronics inside the heater core. The link that was posted was about a disassembled unit, it is important that the pinnacle us used fully assembled!

The electronics do get hot after a while, and if you are a HEAVY user of the PRO you may find the unit will shutoff and refuse to restart. That is because of a thermal shutdown that is built into the electronics to prevent damage to the unit. (it will reset when the unit cools off) However, you will not be drawing that hot air out of the electronics compartment.

As to the materials used, we are using the same plastics as in the Pinnacle (PES & Teflon); with a few modifications to the design that improves the heat resistance to accommodate the higher temps.

P.S. I saw someone claim in another post that the heater is st the bottom of the unit, this is incorrect. The heater is the stainless steel tube in the bowl.
You're a fuckin champ. You're a marketing God. I'm looking forward to my new Pinnacle pro

Stthings,

BlueCloud

The Electronics are NOT in the air path. if you look at the pinnacle housing, you will see 3 holes on each side. These are the fresh air intake. They are above the electronics inside the heater core. The link that was posted was about a disassembled unit, it is important that the pinnacle us used fully assembled!

If you look through the fresh air intake holes, you can see the wires from the bow leading to the board. Not saying this is an issue, I just don't understand how you can say this is not part of the air path. Its my understanding there is not a seal that separates the board and battery area from the air intake holes.

BlueCloud,

Stthings

If you look through the fresh air intake holes, you can see the wires from the bow leading to the board. Not saying this is an issue, I just don't understand how you can say this is not part of the air path. Its my understanding there is not a seal that separates the board and battery area from the air intake holes.
You have to summon him via @Engineering

Stthings,

Engineering

Manufacturer

Can you post some pictures? I am not sure what you are referring to, there are wires that go to the heater and thermometer, but they enter thru the rear of the heater core and are sealed internally. You should not see any wires from the air intake.

Reveen

This is how it should be done. We have the manufacturer and the engineer behind the product tag-teaming live questions from users. You guys rock! I wish more companies put forward the effort that you folks do.

Reveen

I agree. Vapor Blunt is working hard to be responsive to both our suggestions and our questions and they should be commended for that. We are the target audience, but we can also be a real pain in the butt!

Not going to lie, if I was selling a vaporizer I would be very intimidated by this forum . . . so many people who have so much knowledge and won't settle for an "OK" product.

But that is also what makes this place so great!

BlueCloud

Can you post some pictures? I am not sure what you are referring to, there are wires that go to the heater and thermometer, but they enter thru the rear of the heater core and are sealed internally. You should not see any wires from the air intake.

If you look at the lowest of the 3 inlet holes there looks like a wire. After looking closer it may be long screws? I know the electronics are not part of the vapor path, I'm taking about the cold air path.

If you block the 4 inlet holes(or six if you count the clips). You get vary little resistance, feels like air is being sucked from the button area and maybe the vent holes on the bottom near the battery. I did this test without the mouth piece, I know air comes in that way too. Like I said, not saying this is a issue, just trying to clarify if the electrons/battery is sealed off from the 4 cold inlet holes. I would think this would also help cool the electronics?

Thanks for all the help, it's nice to be able to have a conversation and ask questions. I have been a big supporter of the original Pinnacle and look forward to seeing what new products are on the horizon.

Last edited:
BlueCloud,
Reactions: mscm888

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Not going to lie, if I was selling a vaporizer I would be very intimidated by this forum . . . so many people who have so much knowledge and won't settle for an "OK" product.

But that is also what makes this place so great!

I won't settle for an ok product either. If something sucks than it sucks, there's no sugarcoating it. I'd rather know if there's a problem than be one of those delusional owners who can't take the hint that the people don't want their product.

Every step has been an evolution, with the apex being The Baker (plug in potential thread). It's been laid out between engineering and myself for 18 months starting with the vb 2.0, we have always just wanted to produce a product the customer was happy with.

Thanks for the kind words

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
P.S. I saw someone claim in another post that the heater is st the bottom of the unit, this is incorrect. The heater is the stainless steel tube in the bowl.

@Engineering Can you tell us how the heater is used to generate "Conduction and Convection Heating Modes" in this unit? I'm still not understanding this process.

there is a heating element under the bullet...I think it is partially made of ceramic, unless the element in this is substantially different than the original.

This was Stickstones response to my original question about how air could be pre-heated (convection) to which TRVB responded:
I'll ask engineering to post some of the details here tomorrow, so I'll let him handle this part

Thanks in advance!

:peace:

vaporchaser420

Hi all first time poster here, just wondering if a video had been put up that show the FMJ with EO, it seems like most of the video show herb only, I'm looking for something that can hit like a portable nail, TIA

vaporchaser420,

Jimmy

I'm pretty sure you use the button next to the happy face it says image
it says insert url. and the picture is saved on my computer..(no url)

btw @TherealVaporblunt does the pro come withthe pong or doees that come separate. i bought off yoyokid yesterday. usps says itll be here tommorow. im pumped to try this thing!

Last edited:
Jimmy,

vaporchaser420

it says insert link. and the picture is saved on my computer..(no link)
hmm I just noticed that too sorry I'm a noob maybe someone with more experience could chime in, I assumed it was like attaching a image file to an email, I guess not

vaporchaser420,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You need to upload the image to a hosting site like imageshack.com or tinypic.com. Then take the URL of the uploaded image and insert it using the image button.

Jimmy

756.jpg

got this off vaporblunt website. origonaly i made an arrow on paint and tried to post but it didnt work. haha kinda pointless since its pretty obvious what im sayin. on the top slot that metal thing could be the "wire" bluecloud is talking about.

Jimmy,

Engineering

Manufacturer
Ok, lots 'o questions:

To Blue Cloud: That's a Screw your seeing, holds the heater core together. As far as blocking the passages, yes if you do that then air will get in from other places. we actually see it coming in from the front seam of the heater core more than from the electronics area. I would like to seal these better, but the manufacturing tolerances in this area were a problem. As long as you don't block the air inlet holes though, it will still pull air from the air intake as intended.

To Stu: The stainless heater heats the bullet directly thru conduction. It also heats the air as it passes thru the air pathway built into the heater core before it enters the bullet. This way we get a combo convection/conduction heating in both the Pinnacle and Pinnacle Pro. Originally we were after using full convection and no conduction, unfortunately the power required to do this is out of the realm of possibility in a portable. This is why you only will see true convection coming from a desktop that has access to 115v AC.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This is why you only will see true convection coming from a desktop that has access to 115v AC.
Thanks for the information. I agree that with current battery technology, a portable convection vaporizer is a very tough thing to accomplish. Thermovape made some great advances in this area and I applaud their efforts, but the T1 had too many trade-offs for me to be ultimately happy with it. You definitely are better served getting a helping hand with conduction and radiation for a small portable.

Hippy Dickie's bud toaster/cube is battery-powered, but sadly not yet available for us mere mortals just yet.

Thanks again for the clarification.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Man I wish I could afford one of these right now. I felt the pinnacle would've been perfect with higher temps and bam here it is. Don't get me wrong I have one of the few ascents on here that work really well and I love it but, I'm still scared it may just bomb on me like some others have reported.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
@Engineering is there any way a glass bullet could be used? I gotta think with the high temps its now capeable of this could possibly work. I bet the flavor would be amazing. This IMHO would make the pn pro damn near perfect!

Top Bottom