Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbxhann

Hi got my unit this morning, it was fully charged from out the box... i've plugged it into the charger and no light comes on at all, is this normal because the battery is full or is it a faulty unti... Thanks!

bbxhann,

Reflections

I have the pax, the original pinnacle with the pnwt, and the new ascent...I like them all for different reasons. The pax I use only for a back up. I like the pinnacle alot more than the pax. The ascents flavor lasts longer. I'd say the pinnacle smells less of the 3. I have not tried the pinnacle pro.

Last edited:
Reflections,

2 Paces

Hi got my unit this morning, it was fully charged from out the box... i've plugged it into the charger and no light comes on at all, is this normal because the battery is full or is it a faulty unti... Thanks!

When placed on the charger (assuming the charger is plugged in), the unit should show either orange (while charging) or green (when fully charged). If it is completely dark, something is wrong.

2 Paces,

GustavoFringsFace

So I gave the Pax its first intensive clean, and ended up with this... (it's actually only a little smaller than a peppercorn, just the macro shot making it look bigger)

2ijg809.jpg

Is it smokable? Wasn't sure because of the colour... It smells like spicy hash though, so I'm thinking yes... :ko:

Last edited:

Shadowdjinni

So I gave the Pax its first intensive clean, and ended up with this... (it's actually only a little smaller than a peppercorn, just the macro shot making it look bigger)

2ijg809.jpg

Is it smokable? Wasn't sure because of the colour... It smells like spicy hash though, so I'm thinking yes... :ko:

Can you put that picture to scale with something? Because my first reaction was, "My god, you let that much buildup get in that thing? Your vapor must taste awful".

Shadowdjinni,

GustavoFringsFace

Can you put that picture to scale with something? Because my first reaction was, "My god, you let that much buildup get in that thing? Your vapor must taste awful".

Haha yeah, it's a lot smaller than it looks. If you look closely, you can just about see the fibers of the paper it's sitting on. I used a macro lens I bought for the iPhone.

But yeah. I got the Pax about 2 weeks ago, so this is what's built up in that time. I have been using pipe cleaners pretty constantly, but only just now used the ISO. Hence the amount...

GustavoFringsFace,

jeff

Haha yeah, it's a lot smaller than it looks. If you look closely, you can just about see the fibers of the paper it's sitting on. I used a macro lens I bought for the iPhone.

But yeah. I got the Pax about 2 weeks ago, so this is what's built up in that time. I have been using pipe cleaners pretty constantly, but only just now used the ISO. Hence the amount...

What part did you iso to get that much gunk?

On a cleaning note. The one who has never complained of temp lights, and stuck mouth pieces, and believes the oven has notches, is having a fussy Pax lately. I was thinking of doing the pull out the spring deal. But I seem to remember the group deciding that was a no no?

jeff,

KidneyStoner

Anyone evermake there own car charger? I know they sell one, but seems as though the input is a common one . Anyone know what size the plug is that goes into the charging base?

BTW...love my Pax!

KidneyStoner,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What part did you iso to get that much gunk?

On a cleaning note. The one who has never complained of temp lights, and stuck mouth pieces, and believes the oven has notches, is having a fussy Pax lately. I was thinking of doing the pull out the spring deal. But I seem to remember the group deciding that was a no no?

I've removed my spring dozens of times with no undesirable consequences. That's assuming that you don't pull it hard enough to stretch it out in the process. I'm not sure removing it will help fix your problems, but I don't see a reason not to try.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I have also removed my spring a bunch of times. Actually, I remove it every time I clean. I have noticed no issues from my doing this.

Deadshort480,

SirDarkened

Hey so I have recently gotten another Pax.

Old one was stolen.

I find this one isn't working the same as the first one I had. I would kill half a pack and be finished but with this one I find myself packing 2-3 and being completely dissatisfied.

I have only had indica with this one though.
No sativa yet. Makes a difference in the head high probably.

I am letting the stuff sit out and dry out. I am using a two piece grinder for a finer grind. I am packing fully packed down bowls...

I am scratching my head... the bottom gets REALLY HOT on high. Hot enough to cause some discomfort if you take the bottom lid off without letting it cool a bit or to check the bowl.

Is there something wrong with my unit? Is indica not really good vaped? (I've never had indica to vape ever until these past few weeks where that's all I've found)

I am frusterated because my last unit got me obliterated off half a bowl...

And yes I clean it after every 2nd use.

I find the clouds are decent size... Sometimes even the first hit is weak though....

SirDarkened,

wabawaba

Hello, long time lurker first time poster. This forum thread has been indispensable to me in terms of keeping care of my PAX so thank you everyone :)

I thought I'd share just a tiny (but helpful, I think) tip of my own that I hadn't seen mentioned in any of the other pages.

I typically charge my PAX with the mouthpiece facing up to avoid resin from working its way up to the mouthpiece. However, I noticed that the connection between the PAX and its charger was loose so it would come undone with even the slightest movements. To fix this and tighten the connection, I simply wrapped some pieces of grippy black tape around the circular part of the charger that touches the PAX when you charge it. This has tightened the connection to the point I can hold the charger with the PAX hanging off of it without worry of it falling off. Hope this helps some of you :)

Last edited:
wabawaba,

jdiesel

Hey Guys,

I just bought a pax and so far it has caused me nothing but troubles. When the product is working, it is a top notch piece of innovative technology but when it isn't working it is just a headache to deal with.

So far my problem has been with trying to use the device and after 2-3 minutes of the unit on it will flash a yellowish-greenish light a few times and shutdown...

The problem is also occurring when I go to charge the device as well. It will remain orange on the dock for 1-2 minutes and then flash yellowish-greenish and shutdown in a similar fashion.

Here are video examples of what I am talking about:

Device shutting down while heating-

Device shutting down while charging-

I'm very discouraged because I have had this device for less than 48 hours and already running into some seemingly large problems. I have cleaned the device 3 times since I've gotten it by following the method from Ploom's online video. I have only been able to vape 2-3 uninterrupted sessions before this problem started happening and now it seems to be happening more frequent and earlier in the heating cycle.

I have contacted Ploom and expect a reply on Monday but I'm very unimpressed with this product so far.

-James
Vancouver, BC

jdiesel,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Hey Guys,

I just bought a pax and so far it has caused me nothing but troubles. When the product is working, it is a top notch piece of innovative technology but when it isn't working it is just a headache to deal with.

So far my problem has been with trying to use the device and after 2-3 minutes of the unit on it will flash a yellowish-greenish light a few times and shutdown...

The problem is also occurring when I go to charge the device as well. It will remain orange on the dock for 1-2 minutes and then flash yellowish-greenish and shutdown in a similar fashion.

Here are video examples of what I am talking about:

Device shutting down while heating-

Device shutting down while charging-

I'm very discouraged because I have had this device for less than 48 hours and already running into some seemingly large problems. I have cleaned the device 3 times since I've gotten it by following the method from Ploom's online video. I have only been able to vape 2-3 uninterrupted sessions before this problem started happening and now it seems to be happening more frequent and earlier in the heating cycle.

I have contacted Ploom and expect a reply on Monday but I'm very unimpressed with this product so far.

-James
Vancouver, BC
It might just be a faulty mouthpiece- where did you buy this from ? If it's Pax they will take care of you.

VaporsVaporizer,
Reactions: jdiesel

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I had a problem with my first unit similar to what you are experiencing. The replacement I was sent has been top notch for over a year now. If it can be replaced under warranty, Ploom will take care of the problem.

jdiesel

I had a problem with my first unit similar to what you are experiencing. The replacement I was sent has been top notch for over a year now. If it can be replaced under warranty, Ploom will take care of the problem.

As long as you have a valid warranty ,Ploom will honor the 10 yr guarantee .

That's so comforting to know, I can't wait to get a new one.

Is it bad to continue to try and use the device while this is happening? I can still sometimes get a few decent draws before it starts acting up.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
jdiesel,

jdiesel

UPDATE: After cleaning the unit once again and loading up the oven, after an initial draw, the unit now isn't even turning on and flashing red also no longer charging.

jdiesel,

Shadowdjinni

UPDATE: After cleaning the unit once again and loading up the oven, after an initial draw, the unit now isn't even turning on and flashing red also no longer charging.

Did you get any liquid, iso or otherwise, down the draw tube?

Shadowdjinni,

armin

Why do these hipster premium vapes seem to have so many issues. If the MFLB vaped better and the batteries weren't an issue, i5 would be perfect and inexpensive. But it doesn't. Manufacturing flaws, inefficiencies at small volumes, malfunctioning units, steep technique learning curve. If your gonna pay that premium, it should just work. Makes the decision between the pax and the ascent more difficult. They both seem to have their equal downsides. Confusing it is

armin,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom