Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidneyStoner

Does anyone have the car charger ? Anyone make there own by buying a cell car charger and plugging it into the home base?

KidneyStoner,

OregonStoner

I bought my Pax at a shop here in Vancouver but for warranty reasons they told me to say I bought it in Seattle at it's sister store.

Please let the forum know how this goes. It's my understanding that Ploom will not ship new or warranty replacements internationally. I don't think saying I bought it in "Seattle" and then drove home to BC will make any difference in your claim.

If warranty service through Ploom fails, I would suggest getting the shop were you bought it to give you a replacement and let them deal with the sister store in Seattle to recover their unit.

OregonStoner,

jdiesel

Please let the forum know how this goes. It's my understanding that Ploom will not ship new or warranty replacements internationally. I don't think saying I bought it in "Seattle" and then drove home to BC will make any difference in your claim.

If warranty service through Ploom fails, I would suggest getting the shop were you bought it to give you a replacement and let them deal with the sister store in Seattle to recover their unit.

I will definitely keep everyone informed how it goes. I was in contact with an agent on Friday afternoon but by 3pm I didn't hear back from him after giving him product details. Hopefully start getting it sorted out this coming week. I don't know what the deal was with the guy here in Vancouver telling me to deal with the warranty through the other store, that sort of confused me...

jdiesel,

SirDarkened

Does anyone have any comment to my post on the last page? I am still unsure as the preformance of my Pax has been quite iffy.

Does the herb you use matter? Do some herbs vape better than others?

SirDarkened,

jdiesel

Does anyone have any comment to my post on the last page? I am still unsure as the preformance of my Pax has been quite iffy.

I have found in my short time using the Pax, very finely ground herbs seem to work best. I got some sticky OG Kush from my guy and I found that grinding it and letting it sit for a bit and dry out a bit more helped the pax in its performance.

I usually start on medium heat and vape til I can barely see anymore vapor and then kick it into high gear up to the red heat setting and usually get another 3-4 draws at least when it's at the high heat setting.

I love this unit when it's working right.

jdiesel,
Reactions: 2 Paces

Doctor.Who

…wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
Hey Guys,

I just bought a pax and so far it has caused me nothing but troubles. When the product is working, it is a top notch piece of innovative technology but when it isn't working it is just a headache to deal with.

So far my problem has been with trying to use the device and after 2-3 minutes of the unit on it will flash a yellowish-greenish light a few times and shutdown...

The problem is also occurring when I go to charge the device as well. It will remain orange on the dock for 1-2 minutes and then flash yellowish-greenish and shutdown in a similar fashion.

Here are video examples of what I am talking about:

Device shutting down while heating-

Device shutting down while charging-

I'm very discouraged because I have had this device for less than 48 hours and already running into some seemingly large problems. I have cleaned the device 3 times since I've gotten it by following the method from Ploom's online video. I have only been able to vape 2-3 uninterrupted sessions before this problem started happening and now it seems to be happening more frequent and earlier in the heating cycle.

I have contacted Ploom and expect a reply on Monday but I'm very unimpressed with this product so far.

-James
Vancouver, BC
It has a 10 year warranty, get it replaced. I had issues with mine and they replaced it. No issues since. Problem solved.

Doctor.Who,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..

Dry material provides the best results and from my experience less cloud. If the product is slightly wet the clouds are bigger but I am guessing that your vapor clouds also have a higher water content to them thus making them slightly larger and more dense.

I grind mine to a fine texture and then pack it tight, you have enough lung power to pull air through it and it gets easier as you go along.

ILoveCollege,

armin

I heard rumor that the pax is dropping in price. Any truth to this? Trying to get a source , but no confirmation on the pax site

armin,

SirDarkened

Well it appears there is an issue with my pax.

Sometimes it will randomly shut off during use.

Sigh, now the waiting game for a new one will suck.

SirDarkened,

Wizsteve

i would say problem was caused by cleaning with too much iso ,you got iso inside the unit maybe on chip?
or censor .use warranty and send back if possible otherwise you may need to take apart.

yes some herbs do vape better than others (if you noticed they ask ppl to use pipe tobacco which has oils in it,and is a little moist) adding a drop or two of honey oil does wonders (thc infused vg works too)

i am wondering why ppl are cleaning there pax so much? really don't understand could someone shed some light on this?

Wizsteve,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
For the most part, if you don't clean often and thoroughly the temp light issue will plague the Pax.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: jeff

Wizsteve

For the most part, if you don't clean often and thoroughly the temp light issue will plague the Pax.

but how does cleaning it solve this problem?

see i own two now and never seen this problem .one i have never bothered to clean it stays home other gets cleaned like new before leaving the house.this way when at home i always have one charging.

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

Wizsteve

Really? The cleaning helps because the temp light issue and stuck mouthpiece are caused by resin from vaping. Turns out it is sticky.

i made a changes to mine before i ever used them and never seen this problem.so kinda wondering why i don't need to clean mine when other ppl do.my changes was simple mainly fixes the airflow and a possible stuck mouthpiece. but really just didn't like what they used for lube.

is your pax airtight? is vapor going else where to spring etc?

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

SirDarkened

Okay so its unbelievable what a finer grind will do.

Will the Pax shut off if you pull too hard? I used it in a group and after this kid hit it, it turned purple (heating) and the next time I got it, it had turned off and wouldn't turn on.

Then I just used it three times in a row. I am obliterated and it never shut off or gave me any issues.

Should I consider using the warrenty or keep going?

It appears to be fine now.

SirDarkened,

Wizsteve

Okay so its unbelievable what a finer grind will do.

Will the Pax shut off if you pull too hard? I used it in a group and after this kid hit it, it turned purple (heating) and the next time I got it, it had turned off and wouldn't turn on.

Then I just used it three times in a row. I am obliterated and it never shut off or gave me any issues.

Should I consider using the warranty or keep going?

It appears to be fine now.

no the pax shouldn't shut off when you pull to hard,however it will if battery is almost dead.

if it wouldn't turn back on means the battery is dead .click or a shake should get it going again if not.

this after a recharge? that it worked fine 3 times in a row?

it also possible that it over heated and turned itself off was this on high?

few tips for using the pax charge overnight use oil on your herb if possible set on high when pax turns green switch to low i find this really helps.

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

SirDarkened

Okay so there was a group of us. (4)

The first and second guy would get solid clouds and I would see that it was still green.

After the first hit the third guy got it switched to purple. Next time around it simply turned off.

Could it be that he messed up the connection between the mouth piece and the pax and it turned off?

RIGHT AFTER. I waited 3 mins then turned it on only to have it turn off again after a minute or so.

Then we emptied the pack and I turned it on just to check battery (it was green).

I then decided to pack the last of what I had and try it on the go alone. If there was any issues I could see done by myself I would have to accept this was a faulty unit and send it in.

Oddly though. Nothing happened. Nothing bad at least. I got wrecked. Pax never turned off. Never turned purple. No issues. I did two full packs. Killed the battery and I recharged it and packed the second one. Still no issues....

What is the temp light issue? Is that when the pax turns off or turns blue from the connection getting messed up?

Maybe I should try the mouthpiece lubricant...

SirDarkened,

salivape

The temp light issue is when you select your temperature then insert the mouthpiece. Rather than heating up it will continue to display the selected temp color, but no flashing/heating up. Thats not what you have I dont think. Your pax switching to idle mode makes me doubt that but that wouldnt explain it switching itself off anyway.

Just before it turned off did you notice a light blue flashing light? I think that indicates a pcb problem

salivape,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom