Use two screens, one as shovel one as spring. Like in that vid, no glass needed
Do you mean the Pax screens or.......
Sorry. I'm slow.

Found the video. Great idea!

Last edited:
Madcap79,
Reactions: sz1a

armin

Trying to decide on the ascent vs the pax for about a year now. I have a MFLB and hate it. We'll dislike it. For all the Pax owners, why is the pax better than the ascent? At the moment, I am leaning towards the ascent, but not quite sure which one will get the trigger pulled. And fort he record, let's pit the current pax against the current ascent (with earlier issues corrected)

Thanks

armin,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I owned the Pax and liked it very much. Definitely the most stealthy vape out there. The cleaning could be a PITA at times, but I had that down to a science. My main concern (for me) was the restricted draw. It's fine for most people, but bothers my mouth after awhile. But over all...a great little vape.

I had the original Ascent and recently just traded up to the 1.2 model. I absolutely love this thing!. It has much better flavor than the Pax could ever hope for, and it is extremely easy to clean. It is not quite as stealthy, but it meets my needs which aren't that involved. I would lean towards the Ascent, but YMMV.

Don't think you can go wrong with either...very nice to have choices. :tup::2c::)

Shrike,
Reactions: armin

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I like my Pax very much. Great portable imho. Never had the Ascent though....

Madcap79,

cawshook

Solod out.
Does the device itself smell? Im looking for something to use in my college library honestly. Anyone have both this and the Pinnacle Pro and is able to compare the 2?

cawshook,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Just about any device you use is going to emit smell. I wouldn't hit it in a college library. I'd maybe hit a bathroom stall in the library for a 5 minute session and be on my way.

As far as a comparison goes, I do not have a PN Pro yet, but should in a few weeks. The Pax emits an odor. There's no question about it. The cap from the Mentos gum containers supposedly helps staunch some of that odor. While in use it can emit very powerful odor especially depending on the strain. I've made a few hotel rooms reek from a short session on low.

Deadshort480,

cawshook

Solod out.
May i ask why ur buying the pnp if u have a pax? I have a really high tolerance and using the original da vinci i need 2 bowls, so about 20 minutes, to feel a high as strong as a medium sized joint. Which is a long time to be in the bathroom. the pax is supposedly different in that its more like smoking a joint and can get the job done quicker? Would you say a 5-7 min session can get me as high as smoking a medium sized joint? What about the Solo?

Also how much can the bowl hold and how many bowls can u vape at the highest temp setting beforethe battery runs out.

I mean if i can go to the bathroom and load one bowl to vape in around 5-7 min then get the fuck out id do that. Maybe ill even step outside and vape if its not too cold, but the davinci is inconveniant for that because i cant stand outside in the winter for 20-30 min. I want to enjoy my buzz. I live in montreal canada and i really hate the cold.

Als please tell me more about the Mentos trick.

Last edited:
cawshook,

Deadshort480

Mentos sells gum and it comes in plastic containers. The caps can be cut off and used as caps for the ends of the Pax. Supposedly it works well.

I'm getting the Pinnacle Pro because I love variety. I had a Solo and sold it. It is an excellent vaporizer, but didn't fit any of my needs. At home I use my plug-in units. On the go the Solo just wasn't stealthy enough. I love the Pax, but the reality is that with constant use it becomes a pain in the ass to keep clean and working 100% of the time. The PN Pro is a convection unit and is easy to keep clean. There was an awesome deal on Massdrop, so I figured what the hell and bought it.

Your other questions are very difficult for anyone to answer because only you know how you feel when you smoke a joint. There is no way I can tell you that loading a full oven in the Pax and vaping away on high is going to get you to get you to the same place. You have to experiment with that yourself.

What I can tell you is that in my experience I cannot get through a whole oven on medium without having to call it quits before the oven is done. Of the portables I've tried, excluding The Supreme, the Pax has offered me the thickest most potent hits. It can kick my ass in a five minute power session.

jabba

Well....I've had my PAX for nearly 2 weeks...absolutely love it....a game changer for me. I've read (believe it or not) 320 of the 402 pages on this thread...and I intend to get through the remaining during the next few days. I had intended to post my experiences and opinions on the PAX when completed....but I came across something interesting today that I thought you all might like to see. This ad is from my local Craigslist.....I'm not sure quite what to think about it. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/fod/4144979292.html

jabba,

2 Paces

Looks like someone is selling a dozen knock offs for $150 each and saying they are real.

The 'visual defects' mentioned are exactly the differences people are noticing over in the fake Pax thread. In that thread I think some people got these same fake units for under $100, but I don't remember exactly.

2 Paces,

jabba

Looks like someone is selling a dozen knock offs for $150 each and saying they are real.

The 'visual defects' mentioned are exactly the differences people are noticing over in the fake Pax thread. In that thread I think some people got these same fake units for under $100, but I don't remember exactly.

Yes....I sent this link to Ploom support to check out. I have respect for Ploom and understand that they are fighting some counterfeiting.....I'm sympathetic. I too suspect foul play here. Why else would a company or individual from Fullerton, CA be attempting to get a Kansas Citian to Paypal $1800 for a "shipment" of Pax's. I may be dumb....but I ain't stupid.

When I finish up reading the last 82 pages....I plan to post about my (thus far) VERY positive experiences with my 2 week old PAX. I love this damn thing....seriously....I love this damn thing.

jabba,

Wizsteve

May i ask why ur buying the pnp if u have a pax? I have a really high tolerance and using the original da vinci i need 2 bowls, so about 20 minutes, to feel a high as strong as a medium sized joint. Which is a long time to be in the bathroom. the pax is supposedly different in that its more like smoking a joint and can get the job done quicker? Would you say a 5-7 min session can get me as high as smoking a medium sized joint? What about the Solo?

Also how much can the bowl hold and how many bowls can u vape at the highest temp setting beforethe battery runs out.

I mean if i can go to the bathroom and load one bowl to vape in around 5-7 min then get the fuck out id do that. Maybe ill even step outside and vape if its not too cold, but the davinci is inconveniant for that because i cant stand outside in the winter for 20-30 min. I want to enjoy my buzz. I live in montreal canada and i really hate the cold.

Als please tell me more about the Mentos trick.

get the pax lol you love it.
can you vape fast? yes on high its a beast but med and low temp preferred.
you control your medication ,

by the sound of it your still smoking?this vape is the one you want, very easy to use
on high this thing is a beast .

Wizsteve,

sz1a

Retailer
Does the device itself smell? Im looking for something to use in my college library honestly. Anyone have both this and the Pinnacle Pro and is able to compare the 2?
Mine doesn't smell, I can keep it loaded, unloaded or recently used on me without any smells emitted. I grind the material very finely and vaporize until dark so any smells have probably already evaporated. During use it smells a bit but as long as you are in your own corner in the library you should be fine.

sz1a,
Reactions: jeff

cawshook

Solod out.
Mine doesn't smell, I can keep it loaded, unloaded or recently used on me without any smells emitted. I grind the material very finely and vaporize until dark so any smells have probably already evaporated. During use it smells a bit but as long as you are in your own corner in the library you should be fine.

Im thinking that the PNP might be better in containing the smell because of the bullets, but im not sure if it hits as well as the Pax. Ill post some questions in PNP thread now. Im also interested in seeing if the hydrotube would create more smell because of bigger hits or the water filters out some of the smell?

Then theres also the Da vinci ascent which im very interested in, but I'm not sure if its that much of an upgrade to the original da Vinci and fits my needs (low smell, but effective). Ill post my questions in the Ascent thread.

Im also kind of worried about the mouth piece getting stuck on the Pax. If it does, does it render the device useless and unfixable without sending it to the company? or is it something I can fix alone?

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

cawshook,

jeff

Just about any device you use is going to emit smell. I wouldn't hit it in a college library. I'd maybe hit a bathroom stall in the library for a 5 minute session and be on my way.

As far as a comparison goes, I do not have a PN Pro yet, but should in a few weeks. The Pax emits an odor. There's no question about it. The cap from the Mentos gum containers supposedly helps staunch some of that odor. While in use it can emit very powerful odor especially depending on the strain. I've made a few hotel rooms reek from a short session on low.

I think when it is in use it smells, and it smells big time when it is heating up. It won't linger like smoke though which is a plus. I don't think it smells off. However, where I live that is not really a concern, neither is it a concern at my job.

I also agree hitting a fully packed oven destroys me and i don't need to. During the day I can generally get 2 sessions maybe 3 off of a fully packed oven on medium. For sure 3 if I do a 3rd sesh on high.

jeff,

Tweek

I have a PAX and a Pinnacle Pro...for me, the pro comes out on top. Up until now, PAX was my main go to vape, and I enjoyed it. But to be honest, I find it fickle, and I hate having to clean that often. It was also kind of hard to share with others, especially once it started acting up.

The pinnacle pro puts out great vapor. Taste is good on the lower setting, but degrades and gets harsher the higher you go. Not really that different from the PAX..what is different, are the 5 heat settings. I can crank the pro right up, and using a water tool, get great thick clouds, with a nice open draw. Pinnacle is not as sexy looking at the PAX, but its slim, and sits in the pocket nicely. Battery life has been decent, and depends on the heat setting. The pro is also low maintenance vs the PAX. The bullets can be a bit of a pain to handle, but the unit stays fairly clean, and clogging has not been an issue. The pro is also less of a herb hog IMO.

So if I had to choose all over again...pinnacle pro all the way. It's a more powerful version of the PAX with better airflow, and lower maintenance. Also has cool add ons like the water tool. Only con is that it is not as sexy and discreet as the PAX.

And smell wise...they both smell.

cawshook

Solod out.
Thanks tweek. Based on what u said i think ive ruled out the pax. I think its Ascent vs Pinnacle pro right now.
If the Ascent doesnt produce as thick and dense vapors as the Pinnacle pro and it emits just as much smell, I might go with the Pinnacle pro.

cawshook,

armin

How is the smell and discreet factor on the Pax. with the MFLB I can take a hit sitting between two people i've never met in the theater and they have no clue.

armin,

Deadshort480

How is the smell and discreet factor on the Pax. with the MFLB I can take a hit sitting between two people i've never met in the theater and they have no clue.

This question has been answered a few times on the previous page. You aren't going to be able to get away with that using the Pax. It stinks too much.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: 2 Paces

Shadowdjinni

Because it's induction heating and constant, it is always going to emit a smell. It's most noticeable if you start and only use it on high. Then it will smell like weed to anyone. The first few hits, at least to me (hopefully it's not just my nose adjusting), on low smell but it goes away after that. If on low for an entire session, it will start to get that popcorn smell that's only discernible to the trained nose.

Shadowdjinni,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom