Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneyBud

I believe that if the malfunction is the manufacturer's fault, then they have a responsibility to fix the issue, and not at the customers expense. Especially if the device costs as much as the Pax does..

BarneyBud,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So I am a bit disappointed with Vape World. The battery in my Pax malfunctioned and so I have to send it back to get fixed/replace. However, the company won't pay for the shipping charges. I'm a canadian customer and I've already had to pay 40 dollars just for it to cross the boarder the first time. I don't mind having to send it back, it's just a tad frustrating that I have to pay for more shipping when its a faulty device. :(

Many companies, maybe even most, have the same policy: you pay to ship to them, they pay to ship it back.

You got raped by UPS or FedEx, I'm guessing. Ship with Canada Post/USPS and request that the return be done the same way. There are no "brokerage fees" when you use the postal system.

pakalolo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I believe that if the malfunction is the manufacturer's fault, then they have a responsibility to fix the issue, and not at the customers expense. Especially if the device costs as much as the Pax does..

I'm not arguing with you here, just pointing out that you may end up being on the wrong side of the fence based on what i see most other distributors and manufacturers doing. Pak has some good advice above, I think.

stickstones,

BarneyBud

I'm not arguing with you here, just pointing out that you may end up being on the wrong side of the fence based on what i see most other distributors and manufacturers doing. Pak has some good advice above, I think.

Yea I think I may be as well haha. If only Planet Vape wasn't sold out when I ordered it..
I sent it back to them using Canada Post, so i'll see how the process goes this time.

BarneyBud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yea I think I may be as well haha. If only Planet Vape wasn't sold out when I ordered it..
I sent it back to them using Canada Post, so i'll see how the process goes this time.

Can you request they send it back to you the same way? Otherwise you run the risk of the same nasty fees.

stickstones,

BarneyBud

Can you request they send it back to you the same way? Otherwise you run the risk of the same nasty fees.

Yea, I plan on talking to them tomorrow to try to arrange this. I definitely want to avoid any duties/taxes this time.

BarneyBud,

KRnoS

Hey guys, I haven't posted in here a while. I been mad busy and I haven't been touching my $250 toy that I purchased!

Anyways it's super gunky, super sticky, and needs a good cleaning. I need to run out and get some pipe cleaners and such, but anyone have a quick summary of what's happened since the launch of this item? Has there been a revision and such? Mine is literally the first batch that came out so I don't know if there's been anything new going on. I'm just now starting to read this thread backwards and apparently you can get a spring out and clean that? So sick.

KRnoS,
Hey, FC! Just registered. Quick question about the Pax, (which I by the way absolutely have fallen in love with, despite never having tried it): I've noticed people advising to pack your herb tightly in the pax, and also from some people that they burn through their stash quickly with it. Am I then to understand that it's not really effective with small amounts? The reason I'm asking is that I'm a hardcore lightweight. I get very medicated from minuscule amounts (like .05g, and that's using a bong). Is the pax not a good choice for someone with zero tolerance and a low threshold? I live in a country with not all that much access to the herb, so I need to conserve, or at least be efficient about it.

Bottom line, what's the smallest amount you can put into a Pax and have it produce usable vapor?

Thank you for any input, and rock on, folks!

statutoryvape,

DHosa713

i must say that this pax thing worked for the money i paid for it, OMG!! lmao this is too much! i was vaporizing some low grade just cuz thats all i had, and i was getting some big clouds cuz i had very cured and very grinded up herb, so i was on my way home, and i click it off because im done, and 3 minutes later what do i hear? woop woop police pulling me over...im like ohhh shit, here we go!! lets do this, see how this goes, damn cop just gives me my ticket for a rolling stop and does not smell a thing, mind u i was plooming with the windows up, got my moneys worth.... i like the word ploom, and plooming, i replace vaporizing with the word plooming for now on:p

Hey, FC! Just registered. Quick question about the Pax, (which I by the way absolutely have fallen in love with, despite never having tried it): I've noticed people advising to pack your herb tightly in the pax, and also from some people that they burn through their stash quickly with it. Am I then to understand that it's not really effective with small amounts? The reason I'm asking is that I'm a hardcore lightweight. I get very medicated from minuscule amounts (like .05g, and that's using a bong). Is the pax not a good choice for someone with zero tolerance and a low threshold? I live in a country with not all that much access to the herb, so I need to conserve, or at least be efficient about it.

Bottom line, what's the smallest amount you can put into a Pax and have it produce usable vapor?

get it! youll love it! its made for light, and heavy users, and im a heavy user, and i likes even when i want to be light with it, and when i use it with females, it is very versatile! you just have to find your niche with time grasshopper son!

mod note: Back-to-back posts, merged. Please use the Edit feature, thanks.

Dammit

i must say that this pax thing worked for the money i paid for it, OMG!! lmao this is too much! i was vaporizing some low grade just cuz thats all i had, and i was getting some big clouds cuz i had very cured and very grinded up herb, so i was on my way home, and i click it off because im done, and 3 minutes later what do i hear? woop woop police pulling me over...im like ohhh shit, here we go!! lets do this, see how this goes, damn cop just gives me my ticket for a rolling stop and does not smell a thing, mind u i was plooming with the windows up, got my moneys worth.... i like the word ploom, and plooming, i replace vaporizing with the word plooming for now on:p
Although I cannot publicly condone this behaviour, I will simply offer you a subdued low-five :cool:

Stan

I really wish this vaporizer didn't have so many issues. I'm in the market but will probably end up going with the solo instead. After reading all 194 pages of this thread, I can't see how people still recommend this unit with all of these issues...? What am I missing here?

Stan,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Now that I know how to clean my Pax, I am not having any more issues with my Pax. It's working great! If you are in the market for a new portable, keep an eye on Thermovape, and Inhalater as well, both companies are releasing new products soon... Pax on the other hand claims to have no plans to upgrade the Pax, but that was just the answer I got about a month ago when I asked them about future upgrades.

jambandphan03,
So Mr. Pax kept me company when the power was out for 2 days thanks to Sandy. Totaling 5 separate sessions, and 3 oven-fulls. Guess what? The battery is still running, I am gonna see how far I can push it by using it tomorrow, day 3. I only use medium and high for the most part, for the recent batch I feel like high is the only way I am getting enough vapor. So pretty impressed with the battery.

Okay on the downside, when I started the 2 day stretch I had just cleaned it and not used it since. This Pax is less than a week old. By the end of the first day the mouth piece was already was clicking out slow, and it had to be held half in until it headed up and had some vapor loosen the gunk. I am leaving it in the car for most of the day so it is cooling that gunk and making it a real nuisance.

Overall still pleased.

Just to update this, day 3 Pax was left in the car no use. Day 4, I got 5 sessions, the battery died during the 5th. 2 and a partial oven fulls. The battery is pretty impressive, and using Pax indoors day 4 there was a big improvement in the reliability of the mouth piece.

Vaped Crusader,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I really wish this vaporizer didn't have so many issues. I'm in the market but will probably end up going with the solo instead. After reading all 194 pages of this thread, I can't see how people still recommend this unit with all of these issues...? What am I missing here?
Good question. I saw your post and I started thinking. I have had problems with mine and had to send it back to Ploom for repair, yet I still love the vaporizer. For me it is about several things. For one I absolutely love the shape and size. It is like a large Bic lighter in your pocket, and for me has a very ergonomic feel.

Number two on my list would be ease of use. Turn it on, take a hit and pass it. There is very little learning curve, so newbies can get a great rip without having to give them a 10 minute class on procedures.

Number three on my list, although it should be number one, it the size of the rips. I use mine on high most of the time and use it a lot with my frolf and skydiving buddies. The term we have made up for using the Pax is 'Respect the Pax', and we all say it. The term has to do with taking a bigger rip from the Pax than you should. Myself and my buds have found ourselves bending over and coughing to the point where we are about ready to collapse on the ground form too large a hit. Respect the Pax!

It is a pain to clean and takes a bit more time to maintain. All vaporizers have there own individual problems, some have a lot, some not so many. Personally, I could not recommend this vaporizer to anyone unless they were aware of all the idiosyncrasies involved. On the other hand, if you don't mind a little work and possible disappointment about having to send it back for repair, it is a vaporizer you will fall in love with.

The Pax for me reminds me of a girl I dated when I was younger. We could not get along to save our lives, but the sex was unbelievable. Stupid love/hate relationships.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

As I wrote a few pages back, I've loaded the Pax with barely enough to cover the oven floor, left it loose, and still got decent vapour. Having said that, if conservation is your most important criterion then the Pax is not your best choice. Remember, the Pax is always heating the oven whenever it's on. There are a lot of other choices that make it easier to stretch your stash.

xhighflyerx23mjx

As I wrote a few pages back, I've loaded the Pax with barely enough to cover the oven floor, left it loose, and still got decent vapour. Having said that, if conservation is your most important criterion then the Pax is not your best choice. Remember, the Pax is always heating the oven whenever it's on. There are a lot of other choices that make it easier to stretch your stash.

I don't have the Pax but what you are saying seems to go against what other users are saying. I do understand the Pax heats while it is on, but wouldn't you want it to be on and heated if you want to vape? Other vapes that may stay on that have an option to not heat up still need to heat up anyway if you want to vape again regardless if it is on or off. Saying that it continually heats while it's on is not good for saving flower is a little silly to me. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say.

From what I understand if you are in between taking hits you can easily click the mouthpiece so that the oven is not on. To me, that's efficient considering it takes little time to warm back up.

xhighflyerx23mjx,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Finally placing my order tonight! My first vape ever. I'm excited.
Congratulations! Welcome to the world of vaping. I hope you find it as pleasing as the rest of us have. Enjoy your Pax, but RESPECT the Pax!

Dogman,

Jethro

I don't have the Pax but what you are saying seems to go against what other users are saying. I do understand the Pax heats while it is on, but wouldn't you want it to be on and heated if you want to vape? Other vapes that may stay on that have an option to not heat up still need to heat up anyway if you want to vape again regardless if it is on or off. Saying that it continually heats while it's on is not good for saving flower is a little silly to me. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say.

From what I understand if you are in between taking hits you can easily click the mouthpiece so that the oven is not on. To me, that's efficient considering it takes little time to warm back up.

Well, in my opinion -or should I say, my experience has been- the quality of the vapor suffers dramatically when you do not pack the oven tight. It still works, for sure, but I haven't been able to get good, thick vapor clouds unless I pack the oven pretty good. I'm really only on my second week with this thing though, and since I have more money than brains, I pack the thing tight and solid. I've only tried to light pack twice, and both times it was pretty much impossible to get clouds.

Keep in mind that because it takes time to heat up also means it takes time to cool down.

Jethro,
Reactions: Dogman

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

First, what are others saying that I'm contradicting?

Next, let's see who's being silly. The Pax is always heating the load. You don't seem to grasp how conduction vapourizers work. There is a huge difference between always having heat ready and always heating the load. The Pax is vapourizing your weed whether you are drawing on it or not! Always. Let's review:
  • The Pax has a huge oven.
  • Ploom recommends you pack it tightly.
  • The oven is always vapourizing your cannabis.
It's pretty silly to say that this wouldn't use up your load faster--not to mention that you seem to ignore completely the experience of those of us who do have a Pax and have noticed our stash shrinking more rapidly.

Jethro

RESPECT the Pax!

I know exactly what you are saying. The biggest problem is when a newbie is at the wheel, especially one that is used to smoking bongs. I tell them to be careful, because you won't feel any smoke or anything going into your lungs but they are used to drawing until they have full lungs and by that time it's game over!

Jethro

Begs the question, why doesn't anyone make a one hitter version of a vape? Would be awesome, wouldn't it? Like the E-Cigs.

Jethro,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom