Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dammit

Think about the small volume of space in the oven. Since it's a conduction vape, a good amount of vapor is building in that small area. All you need to do is slowly expand the volume of your mouth to clear the vapor building up in the oven and then inhale. The quicker you're pulling air through your pax, the more you're cooling the oven down and stopping vapor production, getting mostly hot air in your lungs. The slower you pull, the better the opportunity for vapor to build up in the hot oven. Probably the best visually reference of this are the videos of people using the pax in their glass bubblers. You can really see how slowly they are pulling and all the vapor accumulating in the glass before they clear it. Here's one of Jambandphan03's videos of her milking her pax through her mobius, and her technique.

559stonerr

Think about the small volume of space in the oven. Since it's a conduction vape, a good amount of vapor is building in that small area. All you need to do is slowly expand the volume of your mouth slowly to clear the vapor building up in the oven and then inhale. The quicker you're pulling air through your pax, the more you're cooling the oven down and stopping vapor production, getting mostly hot air in your lungs. The slower you pull, the better the opportunity for vapor to build up in the hot oven.

thank you gives me a better understanding of the slow draw

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hold your breath and then exhale slowly (before you pull the trigger :rofl:)

Seriously though, you'll love it!!

Bluntcrush,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pack it man, pack it! That was my problem early on. I'm used to the LB where the stuff is loose in the screen. Loosely packed ovens are awful.

For those of you who have been in the guts of this thing, what precautions should be taken when carefully cleaning around the vapor tube where the mouthpiece is inserted? I have some of those dental brushes arriving and they're small enough to fit between your teeth, apparently, so a simple thing to wipe around that pipe.

I don't see why anyone is cleaning inside the mouthpiece chamber. I've checked constantly and there is absolutely zero resin inside mine. I can't see why there should be either, unless the Pax is broken.

As for packing it, while I agree that packing helps, I've found that sprinkling just enough to cover the screen without packing it at all still gives me lots of vapour. Too much really, since I can get only about half the number of hits that the same load would give me in the LB. Bonus: you can shake it to mix the load.

pakalolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
... since I can get only about half the number of hits that the same load would give me in the LB.

I used to think that the Pax was less efficient than the LB. Not sure about that any longer. No question the Pax toasts the herbs more completely and thoroughly. That's the upside. The downside is the Pax heats up and takes a little time to cool down, so if you're not taking little puffs after you turn it off, you can miss a weak hit, I've found. The LB is on and off instantly, and that makes for some great efficiency.

I would still give the efficiency edge to the LB, but not by much. Not 2X for sure. Maybe 10% more efficient

willieR,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I used to think that the Pax was less efficient than the LB. Not sure about that any longer. No question the Pax toasts the herbs more completely and thoroughly. That's the upside. The downside is the Pax heats up and takes a little time to cool down, so if you're not taking little puffs after you turn it off, you can miss a weak hit, I've found. The LB is on and off instantly, and that makes for some great efficiency.

I would still give the efficiency edge to the LB, but not by much. Not 2X for sure. Maybe 10% more efficient

I always take a hit after I turn it off and I strongly recommend that to everybody. If you don't, the vapour that isn't cleared--and there is always some--will condense and require that you do more frequent cleaning.

I can't get anywhere near the LB for efficiency in terms of hits per load. The best I can do is get close to 50%, and originally I didn't think even this was possible. I've tried full packed ovens (worst efficiency) and half packed (not as bad) and lately, a loose sprinkle barely covering of the screen. I was surprised to discover that this latter method is about as efficient as packing but delivers better and slightly longer lasting flavour.

In terms of extraction, if I put the Pax on red then it certainly gets the ABV pretty dark. If I tried to get the LB to turn a trench that dark using a battery I'd be flirting with combustion. It's not hard with the PA but I'd have to turn it up way past where I like it. The flavour from both the Pax and LB sucks by the time the load gets that dark, though.

pakalolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Paka, weren't you just telling us a buncha pages back that you don't vape particularly heavily?

willieR,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Paka, weren't you just telling us a buncha pages back that you don't vape particularly heavily?

I'm not sure, got a link?

What I probably said is that I don't like hot thick clouds of vapour. I also don't sit down and use up a whole trench or a an oven in one sitting either. I usually take 2-3 hits and wait. When I feel like it I'll repeat. It's one of the beauties of vapourizing for me. I never liked the way smoking forced me to keep taking hits one after the other because otherwise it was just burning away. This way I can stay in my zone as long as I like with top-ups as needed.

I can get ripped on 2-3 hits of good stuff, but I can consume quite a lot of the same stuff in a short period without getting much higher. It doesn't matter how much I use, I rarely get so stoned that people can tell, even people who know me well like my wife.

This is relevant how, exactly?

bluesurfboy

I got my pax in the mail, I have had it for about a week now. I think I must have
A bad unit. I'm not getting the vapor everyone else is bragging about. My first hit I taste and see a little vapor but then that is it. even on high it doesn't produce. I want to love this thing, I'm hoping it just a bad unit. I bought from ploom I might send it back for a replacement. The clouds is great at home but I need A portable that works!
Any ideas?

try higher grade material

bluesurfboy,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Hey Jamband, what temp setting are you running in your vids?

Side note, Ploom is on the ball and taking care of my malfunctioning unit right away. I love good customer service. :D

Deadshort480,
Reactions: willieR

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
So i got no response to my previous post, other than the pax what is the most discreet vaporizer??????????

That is almost an impossible question. It depends on your needs, where you will be using it, how high your tolerance is among other things. If you state your needs maybe someone can point you in the right direction. What one person loves another hates. I have learned it is the nature of this vape world.

You have to balance it all out. There is no point in the most discreet vape if it doesn't medicate you.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Pax is pretty much one of the most discreet, but the Inhalater and the Thermovape T1 are also in the smaller class of potables. There is also the DaVinci. You can search the forum for "portable" and see all the threads that come up.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom