Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSIHP

Yeah, mine is grey with a big purple X in the middle shaped like the led on the unit. Underneath in small writing it has the Ploom logo.

HSIHP,

Dammit

Hmm I dont see this free dimebag case / doritos promotion on planetvape (am I blind or something? I really can't find this).
I didn't see anything about a free dimebag on their website either, but I saw it on the PlanetVape thread and still got one. And they put a free bag of doritos in every package the send out.

Dammit,

druminfected

I find it funny that the PAX, is only available to USA and Canada, but built in china? So not even available to China and they build it? :freak:

Last night I read most of the pages of pax and inhalater thread, and I put loot down on a inhalater instead, and going to wait until the new version of this is out, and see if they fixed the issues.

such a sleek design on the pax, but i can't get over me opening up the pax and stirring it. kinda defeats all of the stealth features it has. I read about people flipping the loaf and that doesn't sound as fussy but you still have to open the device, and I want a device that you put your material in and good to go no stirring/mixing. we are getting really close to this with technology though!

MFLB is decent for this since you don't have to open it, but it's mainly a one hitter IMO. takes a few trenches for me to get medicated.

druminfected,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
good catch on that shipping to Canada only bit FM, didn't see that part. Thanks so much for posting.

BTW: I just joined the PAX club! I have both a Cobalt And an Onyx coming direct from Ploom.

I was only going to get one but my daughter is being "nurse" to me while I'm sick. She rarely uses cannabis (possibly 1-3x a month) but she smokes joints no more! Can you guess what color is hers? :nod: Wrong! She chose onyx.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I find it funny that the PAX, is only available to USA and Canada, but built in china? So not even available to China and they build it? :freak:

Last night I read most of the pages of pax and inhalater thread, and I put loot down on a inhalater instead, and going to wait until the new version of this is out, and see if they fixed the issues.

such a sleek design on the pax, but i can't get over me opening up the pax and stirring it. kinda defeats all of the stealth features it has. I read about people flipping the loaf and that doesn't sound as fussy but you still have to open the device, and I want a device that you put your material in and good to go no stirring/mixing. we are getting really close to this with technology though!

MFLB is decent for this since you don't have to open it, but it's mainly a one hitter IMO. takes a few trenches for me to get medicated.

It really isnt necessary to stir. I do because i like to extract every last drop out of it. Stirring isnt a big deal anyway.

1. Empty herb out into palm of hand
2. Finger grind herb
3. Place pax on top of the herb in palm
4. Flip and close lid
5. Voila

Takes less than 10 seconds.

mephisto

Hey druminfected, FWIW, I have yet to stir a load from my PAX. Been using less than stellar
brick to fill the oven, and my sessions have been very cloudy and thoroughly baked. I know you
will be satisfied w/ the Inh. It is another well designed machine. Ploom seems to be up on the customer
service, just a little slow on re-stocking... Hope ya find the vape that works for you.
My point......ya' don't need to stir the Pax.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
A ploom is on ebay for 461$... What the monkey?

I know people love them, but jeez.

If you look at the bidding, something funny is happening there. Several times bidders have raised themselves, something that I think eBay shouldn't even allow. I know the Pax is backordered everywhere, but I can't see how anyone would want to pay nearly double just to get one sooner.

You don't have to stir, but it does benefit from stirring. I find the Pax oven a bit messy to fill. I would not want to try dumping and crumbling if I were trying to be discreet, or filling it for that matter. If ever a device needed an accessory tool, it's the Pax.

pakalolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
If you look at the bidding, something funny is happening there. Several times bidders have raised themselves, something that I think eBay shouldn't even allow.

When you look at the bid history it looks like that because the one bidder has set a max bid and if someone bids under that it auto bids for you. Kinda tough to explain but its not someone bidding against themselves.

The fact that it's so high leads me to believe one of his friends is bidding it up to sucker someone in. Def fishy but you never know people are stupid

JDSupreme,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
When you look at the bid history it looks like that because the one bidder has set a max bid and if someone bids under that it auto bids for you. Kinda tough to explain but its not someone bidding against themselves.

The fact that it's so high leads me to believe one of his friends is bidding it up to sucker someone in. Def fishy but you never know people are stupid

I don't use eBay so I didn't realize that automatic bids aren't show by default, you have to turn on the display. The sequence makes sense once you do that, but the amount bid doesn't.

pakalolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
The Pax is very easy to load. The oven is in the bottom of a larger "well" so if herb spills out of the oven, it's still in the well. This also makes it fast to stir since you can stir the contents of the oven out into the well, then pack back in the oven. Really very fast and all contained.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
No accesory tools needed here besides a grinder and a pair of hands and ive actually owned it since day 1.

tranceporter,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hey druminfected, FWIW, I have yet to stir a load from my PAX. Been using less than stellar
brick to fill the oven, and my sessions have been very cloudy and thoroughly baked. I know you
will be satisfied w/ the Inh. It is another well designed machine. Ploom seems to be up on the customer
service, just a little slow on re-stocking... Hope ya find the vape that works for you.
My point......ya' don't need to stir the Pax.

When it seems I am done and not getting any more taste or vapor, I stir mine and 9 times out of 10 after I stir it get several more good hits showing vapor.. So now I stir it everytime.. I believe in getting the very last drop :)

Kuroth1,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The Pax is very easy to load. The oven is in the bottom of a larger "well" so if herb spills out of the oven, it's still in the well. This also makes it fast to stir since you can stir the contents of the oven out into the well, then pack back in the oven. Really very fast and all contained.

It's easy to get everything in the well. That's only half the loading. It's a pain in the ass to get everything in the oven. I use my LB brush and it's still no fun.

pakalolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
How hard is it to grab a pinch of herb with your index and thumb and place it in the oven?

Are you talking to me? I don't see anyone else here so you must be talking to me.

Do you have some magic pinching skill that I don't to collect all the crumbs in the well from the shoulders and get them inside the oven? Could you teach me?

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
they should have made it a slope to the oven so bits don't get caught in the edges, either using the oven cover or my vapetool or a paperclip mod will get those crumbs, but depending on if the oven is hot or not DrPiff if it's cool it's no trouble pinching some material and packing it with your pinky or oven lid.

kushcabbage,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, there was this nifty, easy to make tool that has been posted a few times now, it's a paperclip, cut and shaped to fit, and it stays in the underside of the mouthpiece... Now I will always have a tool handy when out w/the pax.

This is my easiest "mod" yet but I tell you, I'm using it more and more and it's just great!
DIY Pax Tool
Materials - Pliers & a paperclip
And I guarantee people of all skill levels can pull this one off ;)
Just make sure it fits inside the lip of the mouthpiece for storage,

e8GUd.jpg

and the magnet holds it in place for you!

You can pretty much make it any shape you want, I think more square edges might clean the corners of the oven better but that's a job for another day :spliff:

1.) no gas is gonna be coming off the pcb, don't worry :p
2.) even if it was, the vapor path is completely isolated from the electronics, the gasses would never reach your lungs.

i'm using my unit right now with no o-rings in it, since they are both broken. it doesn't seem to get any hotter than a device with o-rings, the only difference is the device slides in and out of its shell more easily.

also, inspired by the pictures JoeKickass posted:

2vv95xt.jpg

2rhbkef.jpg

jambandphan03,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I want one of these so bad, and a Pax one, too! Too bad they don't have XXL...

zR39h.jpg

And as someone who knows a thing or two about tie dying, that is an incredible job!

willieR

Been here since 2009
It's easy to get everything in the well. That's only half the loading. It's a pain in the ass to get everything in the oven. I use my LB brush and it's still no fun.

I could not disagree any more agressively online

willieR,

JoeKickass

I can tie dye it like I did the VXL shirt!

Wow, someone's had a lot of practice tie dying! :peace:

Obviously no functional change. Just nice to know their actively making improvements, even for small details.

crappy pic. sorry

Hmm it does look brighter on the left side... (that's the dim side for most people)

Yeah, mine is grey with a big purple X in the middle shaped like the led on the unit. Underneath in small writing it has the Ploom logo.

What?? MORE changes? Pic please :D

i can't get over me opening up the pax and stirring it.

Oh man I hope that wasn't the only reason :( I'm sure the Inh will treat you just fine but you have to realize there are a LOT of posts on this thread by people trying to find little ways to get the most out of their Pax. You don't have to stir, the draw isn't thick, and getting the edges of the oven messy in no way affects the smell or performance of the unit. Whether they want 100% thc extraction or just to keep it clean and sexy, it's just people trying to make their almost perfect device truly perfect for them.

Understand, the more medicated people get the more their underlying OCD can come out (:tinfoil:, if it's there) and believe me, it's hard to get more medicated, more easily and quickly, than with a Pax!

JoeKickass,
Reactions: willieR

dudeeitsbrian

just got the new mouthpiece (without any hassle i might add, just gave them my name and address), definitely more of a mechanical feeling to the on/off click. everything seems to work fine now (no sticking yet), however only time will tell.

willieR

Been here since 2009
Wow, someone's had a lot of practice tie dying! :peace:

No kidding! That's spectacular!

Dude, do you find the new mouthpiece just different, or is it now less elegant? Giraffe commented that he liked the feel better before. Not sure if someone who never operated either unit would give much of a hoot either way, but my new mouthpiece won't be here until next week. So far I'm not thinking I'm going to care as long as it performs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom