Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeeitsbrian

I made a tool earlier on out of a coat hanger(posted pics a few dozen pages ago) and it worked fine, but a local shop had a VapeTool mini in stock so I picked it up. I gotta say it is so much nicer than the one I made. It works great for packing and brick flipping. I got it for $6 and I have seen them online for as much as $10.
the reason these small paperclip tools are so nice is because they fit under the mouthpiece; it's extremely convenient. see my post here if you don't understand exactly what i mean.

the other nice thing about it is that when you need to use the tool, you have to remove the mouthpiece to do so, in turn disabling the oven until you reinsert the mouthpiece. this is great because then you don't need to worry about quickly stirring while Pax is still roasting the herbs, you can take your time because the device will be cooling down as you stir :)

2clicker

Observer
I don't have any difficulty packing the heck of a 1/2 brick and having it stay in place really nicely.

what about the scenario where you pack it, hit it a few times, and then put it in your pocket or a bag. then say an hour or 2 go by and your ready for some more. will the load stay in place even though the Pax has been shuffled or bounced around a bit?

i realize that most users likely consume the whole bowl in one setting making this a non issue, but for those who use it out at bars, concerts, or sporting events... how does the brick hold up?

2clicker,

559stonerr

I have not once had my mouthpiece stick even though i have the original mouthpiece. I even smoked some gooey bubble hash mixed in and my unit has been fine. I always push down gently on the mouthpiece till it clicks into place, i dont just jam away at the thing like i've seen in some of the video reviews where they are clicking it up and down like crazy
Maybe it's the luck of the draw:/ I just vaped an oven, no problem with the mouthpiece. Mhmm. Also I'm gentle on the mouthpiece as well

559stonerr,

dudeeitsbrian

Maybe it's the luck of the draw:/ I just vaped an oven, no problem with the mouthpiece. Mhmm. Also I'm gentle on the mouthpiece as well
it's all about getting used to opening and closing the mouthpiece. opening it is simple, closing it is the part you need to be gentle about for it to properly click into place; otherwise the mouthpiece will just click back to open.

dudeeitsbrian,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have to agree, the mouthpiece can be tricky at first. I watched all the videos, and thought I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, but still couldn't get the mouthpiece to stay down for most of the first day. I thought it was broken. Then I found the sweet spot, it's actually pre-click on mine. I push in slow and steady, and it sort of locks itself down then clicks. Once I got the hang of that, it stopped being an issue. I've also had a few times where my mouthpiece shot off when opening it just after a good cleaning :lol:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Just received my shipping email from Vapeworld

Can't wait!

No way!?

I hope I get mine soon! :-). I am so pumped.

Edit: Carlos, I actually got my shipping email as well! Just now. When I log into my account dashboard it's all messed up. But when I use their order status, it says it shipped via Home Delivery. Can't wait!!! :-). Hope yours got shipped too!

Edit Edit: no I see what your saying. It does say item back ordered when checking status. But I just think their system is screwed up!

newVaper420,

HSIHP

I think they still say it's backordered because the people who already ordered are getting this shipment. That could mean that they have already sold what is coming to them and all orders are on backorder simply because that don't have a supply.

HSIHP,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I think they still say it's backordered because the people who already ordered are getting this shipment. That could mean that they have already sold what is coming to them and all orders are on backorder simply because that don't have a supply.

No, it's just a glitch in their system with how it's displayed.

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 VW-PLM-PAX-BLK Ploom PAX - Black $249.99 Ship Date: 30-Aug-2012

But that's not today's date. I got the email today

newVaper420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have been using this little brush tool for just about all my vapes. It came with the Atmos Raw kit, and I have been looking all over the web trying to find more of them but can only find larger versions. Does anyone have a lead on finding more of these, similar in size (doesn't have to be exact, just close). I went to the AR website and they want $10 for one... there has got to be a better source out there.

The reason I bring this up, it works great with my pax, and most of my other vapes as well, and I only have the one. Here is a photo:

AoMOk.jpg

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

No, it's just a glitch in their system with how it's displayed.

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 VW-PLM-PAX-BLK Ploom PAX - Black $249.99 Ship Date: 30-Aug-2012

But that's not today's date. I got the email today

I just got the FedEx shipping email showing that it ships out tomorrow.

l get it Monday since I paid for 2 day air.

But I have to sweat it out over the weekend.

I wish I paid for next day.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
received my new updated mouthpiece from ploom today, that was fast.. also didn't have to prove any kind of ownership or anything they just up and sent me one, how nice :luv: anyway on to the mouthpiece solved the random heating color displaying while trying to heat up but it is defiantly a strange feeling being used to a slow to come up sticky mouthpiece, almost makes me want to not use it. Almost.. It pushes itself out of the pax with a lot more oomh, lacking the fluid movement. I guess the way the new curve on the retainer cylinder allows for a more on/off kind of feeling, very difficult to explain till you feel it for yourself. I'll likely get used to it since at least so far has solved my original issue. It's just a very different feeling coming out of the pax, I was quite taken back first time I clicking it in, much more mechanical feeling. Sorry just got quite medicated from the pax, so excuse my descriptions. There is nothing better than one oven lasting me all day packed to the brim, a stir here and there. Here it is maybe 4 sessions throughout the day and finally next ses will turn it to red and finnish the job.

kushcabbage,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I just got the FedEx shipping email showing that it ships out tomorrow.

l get it Monday since I paid for 2 day air.

But I have to sweat it out over the weekend.

I wish I paid for next day.

I actually got the free shipping, so early next week isn't bad for me. Who knows when I'll get it... Can't wait to try it :-D

newVaper420,

flynn

Say guys, where's the cheapest / best deal to buy this right now? Right now I'm strongly considering vapeworld. Any FC promo codes available for the pax? Thanks!

flynn,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The best price I could find was http://www.planetvape.ca/pax.html they have a discount code FCLOVE10 for 10% off, and they offer free shipping. Only thing is right now, they are still out of stock. I am not sure exactly what the stock situation is, some purple ones went out in the last few days, and now it sounds like a few onyx have been shipped, but those were bought from either vapeworld or ploom. I don't think there are any going for less right now, stock is behind, and there is a high demand.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: flynn

flynn

The best price I could find was http://www.planetvape.ca/pax.html they have a discount code FCLOVE10 for 10% off, and they offer free shipping. Only thing is right now, they are still out of stock. I am not sure exactly what the stock situation is, some purple ones went out in the last few days, and now it sounds like a few onyx have been shipped, but those were bought from either vapeworld or ploom. I don't think there are any going for less right now, stock is behind, and there is a high demand.
As always, you are the best jambandphan03 :) your awesome videos have entirely inspired me to get a cobalt. I was initially super set on onyx, but you make cobalt look sooooo good x_x

Dammit

I bought mine there too, but I don't think the discount code is good for the pax. Understandable since they're pretty much sold out everywhere, but it's free expresspost shipping, a free dimebag case, and of course, a bag of doritos.

Dammit,

flynn

I bought mine there too, but I don't think the discount code is good for the pax. Understandable since they're pretty much sold out everywhere, but it's free expresspost shipping, a free dimebag case, and of course, a bag of doritos.
Hmm I dont see this free dimebag case / doritos promotion on planetvape (am I blind or something? I really can't find this).

vapeworld said they'd give me a 4p aluminum grinder, and a tshirt. O_o hmm, which vendor to choose...

Also, do you think I should purchase now? Or perhaps wait? I read a couple posts back that there were a slight production change in the metal catch of the mouthpiece, that prevented the mouthpieces getting stuck.

Does that mean we should maybe expect a pax ver2.0? Is it worth waiting for?

flynn,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.

I wish it was so... and this if you try to order from the US:
PlanetVape said:
Cobalt (blue), Amethyst (purple) and PAX-related products are on a temporary hold for shipping in to Canada.

All PAX and PAX-related products purchased through PlanetVape are available to be shipped within Canada only.

Fully Melted,

HSIHP

Hmm I dont see this free dimebag case / doritos promotion on planetvape (am I blind or something? I really can't find this).

vapeworld said they'd give me a 4p aluminum grinder, and a tshirt. O_o hmm, which vendor to choose...

Also, do you think I should purchase now? Or perhaps wait? I read a couple posts back that there were a slight production change in the metal catch of the mouthpiece, that prevented the mouthpieces getting stuck.

Does that mean we should maybe expect a pax ver2.0? Is it worth waiting for?

I asked VW if I could get something different than the grinder and they sent me a while and a carrying case. The shirt is AWESOME and the case is a little small. More of a safety storage than carrying case.

HSIHP,

skrap

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but what is the significance of the dispersion pattern of the LED indicator? Photoshopped marketing or not, who cares?

Obviously no functional change. Just nice to know their actively making improvements, even for small details.

crappy pic. sorry
Photoon9-13-12at855PM2.jpg

skrap,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom