Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Guys please listen to me. If the new mouthpiece is doing this is just proves what I thought I saw when you first showed me the pics of the new mouthpiece: they're the same size.

Maybe it just worked for a while because it was clean? I'm really wanting someone else to try my filing mod, it's seriously been 100% effective.
I understand Joe, but please listen to me as well? These two mouthpieces are different mate. I'm not crazy :) Both have been soaking in iso for same time and dried in same conditions. One does not hold the clip in place, and the other does. I'm not trying to mislead anyone, just stating my experiences with these silly mouthpieces :nod: I'm glad your filing mod is working. But I'd rather this be brought up my ploom in chat, lets see what I can get out of them.:tinfoil: I love my pax ploom, wouldn't ever send it away!

JoeKickass

I understand Joe, but please listen to me as well? These two mouthpieces are different mate. I'm not crazy :) Both have been soaking in iso for same time and dried in same conditions. One does not hold the clip in place, and the other does. I'm not trying to mislead anyone, just stating my experiences with these silly mouthpieces :nod: I'm glad your filing mod is working. But I'd rather this be brought up my ploom in chat, lets see what I can get out of them.:tinfoil: I love my pax ploom, wouldn't ever send it away!

Can you take a pic with the tube ends close together, pretty please :D

If it won't stick shut, that means the catch is having trouble prying the ring up from the bottom and sliding underneath it. Cloud be some kind of sticking issue or it could be the machining of the mouthpiece... I would think rounding out the bottom edge that the ring sits on would help the catch slide in there:
28AJR.jpg

In my pic it looks pretty rounded already (it's the right-most edge, not on the ring) does the new one look like that?

JoeKickass,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Can you take a pic with the tube ends close together, pretty please :D

But your original one works perfect? Why did you get another one? Did you just clean it?
original works great now, after wanting the replacement due to sticky slow to come up mouthpiece even after regular cleaning. Now the replacement won't stay in place, after working so well for a week. The clip is very finicky lol but the original feels firm as a rock, and locks into each position securely. Will take a picture later in the day! Seems the curvature of the bottom ring is different, but wow they are minuscule differences that really change the way the pax behaves.

Drastic

Vape4Life
I still don't think it's the catch. I've opened mine up when stuck and the clip has always caught and I could always pull off the mouthpiece after I pushed it down to unlock. it could be that your clip is not sharp anymore and not catching right. I will try to file my original mouthpiece when the new one comes and hopefully proper oven lid

Drastic,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I've been keeping an eye on this little guy and I'm glad to hear good reception on the unit.

IMHO the LSV and Pax are the slickest looking units on the market. I might have to explore the Pax for portability. Thanks for the great reviews all!

Steele Concept,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I wish there was a case that looked like an eyeglass case but had a liner and simple gasket system when closed. Won't stop a dog but would keep smell from humans

willieR,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol.. Very true Willie ;) Pelican type case guts inside eyeglass case would be a neat storage idea that I'd buy!

Lo,
Reactions: willieR

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Carlos, those look cool, but unless there's a special plastic liner, smell will get out. A plastic sandwich baggie is water tight but stinks like crazy. Hence the need for a special plastic liner.

willieR,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Carlos, those look cool, but unless there's a special plastic liner, smell will get out. A plastic sandwich baggie is water tight but stinks like crazy. Hence the need for a special plastic liner.

It does state that they are air tight.

But i guess the only way to find out is to buy one.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Airtight is not smell tight was my point. A baggie is airtight but the smell passes through pretty quickly. Seems paradoxical, but it is so. Smelly Bags are made from the plastic you'd cook a turkey in. They hold the smell very well and I use them all the time

willieR,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Charcoal is suppose to absorb the smell. I know a guy who makes bags with charcoal lining he said they work but he hasn't tested it on dogs yet. I wonder if that really works cause if it did then the smugglers would be doing it. They have tried almost everything to no avail.

Dreamerr,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Airtight is not smell tight was my point. A baggie is airtight but the smell passes through pretty quickly. Seems paradoxical, but it is so. Smelly Bags are made from the plastic you'd cook a turkey in. They hold the smell very well and I use them all the time

Your definitely right about the sandwich bags.

I just assumed air tight would be smell tight.

So do those Smelly Bags have a Ziplock type open and close?

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Charcoal will absorb smells. This would be activated charcoal. Best seal is a glass Mason jar and lid, sealed tight, then bleached. Bleach destroys organic molecules, hence no molecules to smell. Most smells that are detected come from re-contamination of the outside surface of a package.

Smelly Bags have a Ziplock type of seal, yes.

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
They work, but the ziplock seal could use some improvement. You just have to be careful that the bag is sealed. As with any other container, as you handle the sealed bag with smelly hands, you will leave that contamination on the surface.

Not sure, but this is probably not cool to discuss on the forum. Again, not sure.

willieR,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Not sure, but this is probably not cool to discuss on the forum. Again, not sure.

Your probably right, back on topic.

Hopefully 3 days left until my Pax ships out.

The suspense is killing me.

I'm also waiting for my replacement Puffit to ship out.

Don't you just love paying for things way before you get them?

It drives me crazy! :mad::bang:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
My Pax shipped yesterday... Looking to locate the BIG battery, have the tabs welded on, then do both the battery and collar mods.

willieR,

kronickidd

my dumbass friend.. and his butter fingers just dropped my pax onto the concrete floor... the mouth piece, the door, came flying off. i'm out of flowers... so i can't test... it works up to normal lights... but i'm so upset... it's dented... what should i do? ask for a replacement at cost? or he should just buy mines...then get another one? :worms:

update:
pax won't do much.. it works.. but the mouth piece is giving me troubles opening and closing... he's going to buy this one... but i'm using this till the new one comes... so upset!

kronickidd,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Hard to charge your friend for a new unit. That's just the way it goes. My viewpoint only. I'd live with it

willieR,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
my dumbass friend.. and his butter fingers just dropped my pax onto the concrete floor... the mouth piece, the door, came flying off. i'm out of flowers... so i can't test... it works up to normal lights... but i'm so upset... it's dented... what should i do? ask for a replacement at cost? or he should just buy mines...then get another one? :worms:

Tough break there, and a tough call to make. You can test to see if it works with out the flowers, just make sure it's heating, and cycling through all the settings, battery meter, party mode etc... Can your friend afford to buy your dented unit? I would be beside myself in this situation. Hope you are able to work it out.

jambandphan03,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom