Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

559stonerr

For anyone looking to purchase, Vaporstore shows all 3 colors of the Pax in stock as of this moment.
At this time Oynx is unavailable and not sure its on the market yet? Pax are out of stock at the moment and will be back in stock shortly in various colors. Orders can be placed but will be held until the units return in stock.
This was the response from vapor store. I don't know why it says available on their site then

559stonerr,

HSIHP

Hey guys, so I already pre-ordered my PAX from VW, but now im getting second thoughts. Not because of the small problem I have heard of, I'm pretty sure reading this whole thread has let me know how to handle it, but that I might be leaning towards the solo now. If I could I would like to have both but it looks like I can only have one.

I had a few questions for those who have both ( and I don't want to start a solo vs. PAX battle like the MFLB one earlier in the thread). Which one (solo/PAX) do you use at home? Is the solo a "better" desk top unit? Also, if my main focus was to conserve while at home, but also to not have to worry about packing many bowls while out, is there one that can do both or should i just give in and get both?:ko:

A bump for the next page. I could really use some experts opinion from this amazing board!

HSIHP,

Biff

At this time Oynx is unavailable and not sure its on the market yet? Pax are out of stock at the moment and will be back in stock shortly in various colors. Orders can be placed but will be held until the units return in stock.
This was the response from vapor store. I don't know why it says available on their site then

vapewarehouse-com has Onyx in stock

Biff,

MrNorml

According to page 23 of the manual (page 12 on the pdf), the Ploom's warranty is NOT covered by acts of piracy.

Damn. I had high hopes for this vape, but now I can't even sail around Somalia without voiding my warranty. This is bullshit. :rant:
Hmmm. Interesting. And I guess I have to agree 100%. Never seen acts of piracy NOT warranteed before.

Amen. My biggest concern with all these new, cool looking vapes coming out now is the airpath and how little is mentioned about it in the marketing materials.

From the manual, it appears to be an all-or-mostly SS vapor path.
Not just from the manual - the video showing the pipe cleaner which I'm guessing is the route the vapor takes from oven to tip.

MrNorml,

Adobewan

A bump for the next page. I could really use some experts opinion from this amazing board!
I currently use the Pax more at home because of the new toy aspect and killer, sleek design, but think my Solo will get more home use because I find it more conservative on the meds. The Pax will definitely be my on the go unit with plenty of home use cause it's so damn cool and when multiple stems doesn't work. Funny, your terms, conserving and fewer bowls, sort of splits these two down the middle IMO.
But Hsihp, if you can give in and get both, I recommend you do.
It would be difficult to give up either of these exceptional units.

Adobewan,
Reactions: Dammit

HSIHP

I currently use the Pax more at home because of the new toy aspect and killer, sleek design, but think my Solo will get more home use because I find it more conservative on the meds. The Pax will definitely be my on the go unit with plenty of home use cause it's so damn cool and when multiple stems doesn't work. Funny, your terms, conserving and fewer bowls, sort of splits these two down the middle IMO.

Thank you! This is pretty much what I was thinking and I think I may just end up getting both. Then again, I am a little ahead of myself as I have not yet to even get my Pax in the mail. I think that once I get to mess around with it and see if smaller amounts of herb work well enough for me then I might not have to instantly buy another vape. This could get very expensive very fast, and it is hard to control myself.

HSIHP,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have both the Pax and Solo, and mainly don't use the Solo because of the restricted air flow. The Pax gives me really thick milky vapor on the high setting with little effort on the draw (for me). Really what I am waiting for is the PVHES gong stem to be available, then I might start putting the solo back in rotation. I do like the good flavor, and the smaller loads of the Solo. For home use, I can plug it in. I have to say though for quick, on the go-vaping I will most likely grab for the Pax over the Solo. Both are excellent machines, and have their strong points. I do like the ease of the Pax, no stems to mess with. I am sure in time though, the newness will wear off, and I will want to change it up. My Cloud still has domination over my desk. Pax is coming in 2nd.

willieR

Been here since 2009
JoeKA, thanks for that mod update. That file is smooth steel on one side, eh?

willieR,

JoeKickass

JoeKA, thanks for that mod update. That file is smooth steel on one side, eh?

Yeah, I updated that pic: (the flat side is smooth so the right edge stays sharp)

needle_files1.gif

The half-round one specifically... The flat side of the file is smooth so keep it at a / kind of angle and use the edge of the file to grind the left ridge only!
28AJR.jpg

JoeKickass,

don74y3

But which do u prefer?? Taste, vapor,?

don74y3,

Adobewan

But which do u prefer?? Taste, vapor,?
Still on the fence.
I've had my Solo for quite a bit more time than the Pax. Regarding taste and vapor, the first draws are stellar on both, similar in that the clouds are rich and thick. I keep my Solo on 3, the Pax on low till it seems spent, then stir(although it's not always nessesary) and kick it up to med to get 2-3 more clouds. The Pax lasts longer due to significant load size difference.
Sorry I can't be more help.

Adobewan,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It is hard to compare, both taste good, and have good vapor production. I have to say I find my Pax an easier draw than the stock stems that come with the solo. Again, both have their strong points. The Pax is much easier to toss in the pocket and go, a little more discrete. I would also recommend having both at some point. One can be a back up if another fails. Good luck making a decision.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Espo

This is my 5th week with my Pax.
I use it almost daily and love it.
The learning curve is not that bad at all. I burn most of my medicine on medium. The only time I use high is with some bubble hash (works amazing sandwiched between some herbs and cooked on high). Oh and if I am showing off and want to convince some smokers that the Pax is the shit, then I load up some herbs (tightly packed) and put it on high.

I recieved my "Cobra" car charger for my charging station for my Pax, I haven't tried it yet but will try tomorrow. This is perfect for road trips or in my case going camping. So glad to have another charging option.

Speaking of charging, I have great battery power. I usually charge every night, but I forgot to charge for the past few days, and I am still on yellow. I can't even guess how many bowls, but its at least 6 bowls since it was charged last. Also I haven't cleaned mine for at least 2 weeks. I was keeping it super clean the first few weeks, but I just keep forgetting to clean it. (knock on wood) my mouth piece has been acting perfect, the temp button is great and the oven isn't that dirty. The screen is getting black (I can't wait for my replacement screens) but that may be due to the fact I've been cooking hash in it every other bowl (sandwiched between 2 layers of herbs).

Overall I LOVE THIS THING!! With the Pax on the go and the Cloud at home, I own and use the 2 best vapes on the market today and love every minute of it.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I recieved my "Cobra" car charger for my charging station for my Pax, I haven't tried it yet but will try tomorrow. This is perfect for road trips or in my case going camping. So glad to have another charging option.

Overall I LOVE THIS THING!! With the Pax on the go and the Cloud at home, I own and use the 2 best vapes on the market today and love every minute of it.

I got the Cobra too, but also have not tested it out yet. I have not heard any negative reports so far, so I am hoping all is well... I also have the Cloud/Pax going on, and have been recently not interested in most of my other vapes... they are heading to the Classifieds to find people who will appreciate them more.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Adobewan

I, too, received the Cobra and have not used yet, but I do NOT have a Cloud yet(envious grumbling). Don't have a lot of glass going, but that may be changing soon.
I'm starting to think about a case for all my car chargers now(Omi, Solo, Pax). What are you guys doing? Between storing meds, vapes, accessories, batteries, and chargers, I'll need to start looking at a storage unit.

Adobewan,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I know a few people have sent their Pax in for the stuck temp button problem. How did they handle the issue? Did they fix it or just replace the unit entirely? I just noticed my temp button is stuck and I might send it back in even though I almost always vape on High anyway.

tranceporter,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
The Cobra car charger works good. I am going to file out the notch on the bottom of the charger a bit more to allow the thicker Cobra cord to fit through. Should take all of 45 seconds im guessing...

2 weeks or so with my Onyx and ZERO issues with the mouthpiece or button. I clean it approx every 5 uses.

JDSupreme,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I know a few people have sent their Pax in for the stuck temp button problem. How did they handle the issue? Did they fix it or just replace the unit entirely? I just noticed my temp button is stuck and I might send it back in even though I almost always vape on High anyway.

Seems the consensus is to pry around the button to release it. I don't believe any changes have been made to prevent this, but the advice is to clean when hot and avoid Iso in that area.

willieR,

HSIHP

I just got off a chat will Ellen from VW, and all I have to say is wow I am excited. I got an email from them confirming my order that i made about a week ago for the second time, only now it said that my Pax had shipped?!?!?! There was also what looked like a $10 balance that i still needed to pay, but that was just a reading mistake on my part. In the chat, Ellen said that my Pax is just about in the mail! Even before the 10th! I also asked her if there was a different "free gift" than the grinder (as I have many free grinders as well as good ones) and she hooked me up with a PAx t-shirt (!!!!!!!) and a carrying case (I assume a dimebag).

I am completely impressed by VW and can not wait to receive my PAX! I hope i get it before Saturday so I can spend this weekend getting the hang f it!

HSIHP,
Reactions: al bundy

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I just got off a chat will Ellen from VW, and all I have to say is wow I am excited. I got an email from them confirming my order that i made about a week ago for the second time, only now it said that my Pax had shipped?!?!?! There was also what looked like a $10 balance that i still needed to pay, but that was just a reading mistake on my part. In the chat, Ellen said that my Pax is just about in the mail! Even before the 10th! I also asked her if there was a different "free gift" than the grinder (as I have many free grinders as well as good ones) and she hooked me up with a PAx t-shirt (!!!!!!!) and a carrying case (I assume a dimebag).

I am completely impressed by VW and can not wait to receive my PAX! I hope i get it before Saturday so I can spend this weekend getting the hang f it!

Lucky You!

I hope my onyx Pax comes early too!

Would be a great surprise.

Now i want a Pax t-shirt.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Espo

Another update to my 'draw' issue I have been dealing with since day 1.
First let me say its not an 'issue' per-say, I dont mind it at all to be honest (I get really medicated with the Pax), but I don't think its how it's suppose to hit. But my buddy also has a Pax and we were vaping together again the other day. His Pax is slightly easier to 'hit' or 'draw' from, mine is a tad bit harder (mine is like sucking a very thick milkshake through a straw and his is like sucking a slushie through a straw; or better yet mine is like hitting a blunt that was rolled too tight and his hits like a loosely rolled blunt). So we switched oven lids again and my Pax hit nice and easy and his is now harder to hit. So it has to be the oven lid. I made sure they were both clean with no debris anywhere near where the lid sits on the oven.

So I contacted VapeWorld asking when my replacement screens will be in and I mentioned the observations I noticed with my pax's oven lid and my friends (both from VW). So soon as oven lids are in stock they are going to ship me one and if it fixes my 'issue,' and if it does I will ship them back mine so they can see what the problem is.

What I have been doing in the mean time is slightly venting the oven (we are talking 1mm) to let a little fresh air in while I hit it (and then close it when done). It works perfect for me and helps with big clouds.
Example how little I crack the oven lid:
65F3453B-F254-4082-8835-CD9F3804F7A9-451-00000013E214C365.jpg

I did note this a while back in this thread but since I had a little update with VW regarding the lid, I wanted to share my story again. Plus I am bored at work and wish I had my Pax with me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom