Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

al bundy

Vaporist
From the look at the pic it looks like the one on top has a thicker/wider band silver ring.i can see a difference. Good info to know though.
Im really liking this over the Inhalater because this looks easier to conceal.should have some frees up funds in a month or so. :)

al bundy,

Drastic

Vape4Life
Thanks vapenazi, I don't agree with the sites mods either but the ppl on here are great!!

This IS the sticking issue, to small of a tolerance between the mouthpiece and the air-path. My fix has been a bi-weekly cleaning with pipe cleaner around the spring but it gets gummed up after a few loads. Very pleased about the revised mouthpiece working well.

I just got off the chat with ploom, they would not admit there was any revision in the mouthpiece. When I told them the blue Pax has a wider mouthpiece shaft they said there might have been a change since early production runs. They were out of all accessories and took my name and address and said they would send out the assessors(asked for new mouthpiece and oven lid with popper fitting) in a few weeks.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Finally got some info from Ploom sent to me about my order w/tracking number. It shows it was received on the 27th, and departed yesterday so maybe tomorrow it will get here (from CA to OR). I know USPS isn't always accurate, I am tracking another package (trade) w/a mobius from CO, and it's stuck on depart as well but shows today as my scheduled delivery. I'm glad they at least got back to me, after sending in 2 emails to CS. I did chat with them yesterday as well, but still found it odd that I was not receiving any updates in my inbox.

jambandphan03,

kronickidd

when did you order yours again??

Also should we charge this baby up prior to first use?
ordered sunday night.... live in boston ma... c harged up....

called my buddy, and we went to a ... happy hour special... 4 ovens lined up for us... not knowing how to draw on this bad boy... i tried all the many ways mentioned in the reviews.. from puckering up to, handling it like a cigar... the first oven was a trial... we thought... if you push on the mouth piece a bit down it would open up.... SEE we are yearning for hot smoke... because of our routine rice paper j's...
now that i got it figured out... :clap::bowdown::love::razz: LMAO!!!! when the light hits blue indicating the temp is ready... you can let it sit about half a minute to let the heat really build up... the first draw was thick and we were hooting and hollering about the clouds it produce... this puppy got us hogtied down the mississippi river... ya hear... so we went thru 4 ovens... stirred in between... and i keep the oven empty and clean...packed enough to fill the oven without pressing down on it... it was a windy day...and the clouds were moving....:razz:

Vaopernazi- thanks for the updates.. much appreciated...

kronickidd,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I thought it was a green light that meant it was ready to go, and a blue light indicated that it was going into cool down(sleep) mode because it was sitting still for too long. Just making sure I don't have this confused...

well, if your's showed up in Ma, and you ordered yours after I ordered mine, maybe it will show up today... that sure would be cool. Tracking is a bit useless if it won't update.

mephisto

Hey Jammie, I believe the registration is auto upon purchase. I ordered mine direct from Ploom, and there was no indication of any warranty registry. Hope ya get yours soon, its badass!!

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
keep the pax in the dock when not in use? what does every body else do? top off every night?
once done with a session, will place in on the charger, have been experimenting with upside down and sideways charging, doesn't really matter I like straight up. These kind of batteries like being charged up or above 80 percent. I really wish we knew the percentages of the different colors.. I also have been leaving it on the charger overnight, and sometimes not have yet to have it blink red at me, so I guess I'm pretty good with charging. Ploom "claims" the pax is smart enough to not damage itself on the charger. I'm sure it trickle charges and just sits at green for you. If you not going to use it for awhile like weeks or months you can charge it up to full, then take mouthpiece out, put on charger take it out and the pax will turn off, but putting mouthpiece back in will turn it back on, so wondering if just leaving the mouthpiece closes works the same way, I just do that for cleaning, don't like to clean it with the device on.

kushcabbage,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
mine is pretty much always on the charger. i only take it off to bring it with me or use it. i do the same with all my other tech gear.

ilovebOObs,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just did a super fast first test, couldn't wait, so I put it on low, got more flavor than vapor, so I put it on med, it instantly started giving me good vapor, so I put it on high, and stuck it on top of a bubbler, and it MILKED the bubbler instantly. When I took the oven lid off to see the condition of the herb, I expected to see brown, and it was still mostly green! I decided that was a great first impression, and put it back on the charger until I get a green light... Very pleased with this PAX so far!! :tup: I would also like to mention that the blue finish in bright light is very blue, but not the bright electric blue I was anticipating. In dim light it almost looks purple, and doesn't really draw attention to the eye the way I was expecting it to do. It's much more subtle. The device itself is nice in the hand, smooth, light, but feels durable. I am a HUGE sucker for anything color changing, so the LED light as an indicator works great IMO, unless you are colorblind. I am looking forward to getting to know this little vape better :D

Vapester

i used it this last night and have to say its really a cool unit. it vape great and i love the fact that u shake it and by the color of the light on the x u can know how much battery is left. i took a few sec (around 30) to start working but hit like a champ. the only funny thing is when i pressed the mouth piece to start it, the mouth piece flew off. no biggi

Vapester,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So, my wife greenlighted my purchase of the Pax.

Few questions before I order:
1. Color, I really like the blue and purple, but I think I'm going to go with black just for stealthiness. Any opinions on that?

2. I am assuming that the mouthpiece revision should be on all the new Pax's that are shipping out from VapeWorld? That would be a huge help.

3. The reason I'm getting this is cause I want to bring it on a plane in the future (I have a WISPR, but the butane poses a problem). Can you sufficiently clean this? I plan on putting it next to a bag of tobacco, so if any questions arise, I will say I use it as a tobacco vaporizer since my doctor told me to stop smoking ;-).

I will be ordering my Pax tonight. Super excited for this thing. I hear it's the portable "Cloud" LOL ;-). Super excited about that.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so what does it mean when you click it on, and the light is solid blue? I've had it happen twice now. I clicked it off and on a few times, then got the white/purple heating light. Hmmmm

the light is staying blue when I activate the mouth piece... I think I got a bad one. I gave it a shake, and turned it off/on again, and the purple light came on, then after 2 more clicks, back to solid blue... :\ I let it sit a few mins, picked it up, and keep getting interment working, blue light, working...blue light

jambandphan03,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
so what does it mean when you click it on, and the light is solid blue? I've had it happen twice now. I clicked it off and on a few times, then got the white/purple heating light. Hmmmm

If I researched correctly, blue means standby mode. Its supposed to activate when you have it on, but leave it stationary on a table for a little bit.

newVaper420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
If I researched correctly, blue means standby mode. Its supposed to activate when you have it on, but leave it stationary on a table for a little bit.

Yes I watched it go into stand by, while it was running, but this is a solid blue when I turn it on and off, should not be doing this correct? I added a video to my previous post ^

jambandphan03,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yes I watched it go into stand by, while it was running, but this is a solid blue when I turn it on and off, should not be doing this correct? I added a video to my previous post ^

No that doesn't look right :-(. I would assume it's not heating up while it's blue :-(.

newVaper420,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
try plugging it back into the charger again, then wait till bats full and try again.

ilovebOObs,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, nothing happens when the light is blue. When it works right, and I do get it to power on, it goes into stand by in 13-14 sec. also... ok, just chatted w/ customer service, solid blue light is def. not right, I am having to send this back, and have to WAIT for stock to come back in for a replacement... so BOOO on that, but the CS chat feature sure is nice, and they were happy to help me out. Supposedly this is a new problem. I am also going to get the purple one, since that was what I REALLY wanted... so at least I got to use it for a day... I'll mess with it a bit more, then clean it and box it up to send back tomorrow. :\

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yeah, nothing happens when the light is blue. When it works right, and I do get it to power on, it goes into stand by in 13-14 sec. also... ok, just chatted w/ customer service, solid blue light is def. not right, I am having to send this back, and have to WAIT for stock to come back in for a replacement... so BOOO on that, but the CS chat feature sure is nice, and they were happy to help me out. Supposedly this is a new problem. I am also going to get the purple one, since that was what I REALLY wanted... so at least I got to use it for a day... I'll mess with it a bit more, then clean it and box it up to send back tomorrow. :\

Awww man. That sucks! But at least you are getting the color you wanted :-). And at least customer service is easy to get a hold of :-).

---

I have ordered my Pax Onyx! I think it's the best for stealthiness outside. Don't want people seeing the blue or purple. I like the purple a lot, but I think black is best for stealth. So I can not wait for 2 weeks until I get this thing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom