Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobewan

just so you know I thought I read that painting it will void the waranty. Might want to check into that. I guess in some ways it's better mine was the dud, rather than a person new to vaping. I have the patience to wait this out, but many new vaporist may not feel so inclined, and I would hate for someone to be turned off of vaping because of a faulty unit. I'm already hooked, so this is just another minor set back.

**I want to add, I have managed to get it to turn on, a couple of times, and got through a couple of loads, it really vapes well, and I am impressed with how well it extracts. I have pretty even, dark ABV. I've been using the Cloud for about 3 weeks, so my tolerance is up, and the bowls I just managed to finally vape has got me twisted right now... :ko:
Feeling for you Jam but really gotta commend you on your great attitude. My replacement was due Tuesday but now looks to be Thursday and I confess, it bound my drawers slightly. Here you are promoting it in the face of your issue and after the wait we all went thru with you.
Appreciate that you're not turned off to it because I think it's about the best portable flower vape currently available and also especially appreciate the "glad it was yourself as opposed to a newbie" consideration.
You're a great part of the FC community, I hope you get the first purple replacement off the block!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Strangely I am taking this one in stride, I feel quite spoiled with my arsenal of vapes, and as I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself I saw posts coming in from new vapers saying how happy they are, and I realized I was glad they didn't get the dud. Nothing more frustrating when you are new to it all than having a bunk vaporizer. I've been down a few of these roads with other products, and have seen many people get turned off because a switch was bad, or they just couldn't get it to work right. Even the ploom rep was surprised when I explained the issue, so this isn't a very common problem. I am hoping my next one is coming from the latest "updated" batch, if there is such a thing.

:nod: Thanks to all of you for being here along with me, it helps so much to have the support of the FC community, otherwise, I may not be taking it so gracefully. Having the Cloud makes all of this seem pretty trivial right now anyway :lol: It's been keeping me in the right head space all day too.

Hey all,

I've been flipping through the pages of this thread and I've been on FC frequently before, this is the first time I've thought of making an account though. I never thought I'd join but the real positive attitudes seen in the past two pages (99-100) were awesome so I figured why not.

If you guys could help me picking a portable vape, that'd be awesome. I've had the mflb+PA for over two years, but its not really cutting it for me as I am a musician traveling by train where I can't inconspicuously use the launch box. I'm pretty much looking between the Solo or the Pax. The pax is less conspicuous overall (it looks like you're eating a big flash drive), but the cheaper costs, more variable temperatures, convection, and longer battery life make the Solo more attractive. Any thoughts?

Hell, I might just make my own vape and call it a day haha.

SoccerGuy420,

kronickidd

Underneath the colored shell, the Pax's are exactly the same so it should make zero difference.

"HOWEVER.. they made a revision to the mouthpiece. My cobalt PAX (AH00083), has a larger inner diamater in the mouthpiece downstem. My onyx PAX (AG00881) has a visibly smaller/narrower diameter downstem and this tight tolerance is what causes the sticking." VAPOR NAZI

I don't think we've had any dead on arrivals? Just a few sticky mouthpieces...

I actually just experienced this, I was surprised because the ring on my mouthpiece looks clean but sure enough it had some resistance, time for first cleaning in like 2 weeks.

Hi all... yea, after a full charge yesterday, and running it thru the ropes... i'm happy with this purchase.. easily replaces my mflb for on the go... the first 4 ovens with my buddy was nice, but getting some personal use out of it in my our leisure indoors, was the knock out... i can see this as the non nonsense convenient vaporizer .... when your playing games and cant reach the whip or fill a balloon up... yea this guy will be their!
to Jamband... you have great tenacity! keep it up... most fellow vaporist... like me... would blow a gasket up already... oh yea... so my first post here asked... if the sticky mouth piece had to do with color specific or could replacing the mouth piece be the issue... well... looks like i was right... if you get the black one... check the model number... you might have the first batch run... and the mouth clip is of the smaller "lip size" that will cuz resin build up and then stick... the cobalt i got is the newer mouth piece... so check your model number... open the mouth piece... it's right by the light button... thanks to vapernazi who confirmed it

off one charge.. i was able to get at least 7 ovens off that one charge... that one charge was about 2 hours on the dock till it hit green.. and then another 2 hours before i took it off and went testing it out... 7 ovens with out a single charge in between.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey all,

I've been flipping through the pages of this thread and I've been on FC frequently before, this is the first time I've thought of making an account though. I never thought I'd join but the real positive attitudes seen in the past two pages (99-100) were awesome so I figured why not.

If you guys could help me picking a portable vape, that'd be awesome. I've had the mflb+PA for over two years, but its not really cutting it for me as I am a musician traveling by train where I can't inconspicuously use the launch box. I'm pretty much looking between the Solo or the Pax. The pax is less conspicuous overall (it looks like you're eating a big flash drive), but the cheaper costs, more variable temperatures, convection, and longer battery life make the Solo mor
Hell, I might just make my own vape and call it a day haha.

I can tell you that I love everything about my Solo except its lack of stealth. The PAX is on my short list of vapes to get simply due to the thick hits and stealth action. If you really need to hit it in stealth mode, I would recommend the PAX. I wouldn't hit a Solo on the train.

stickstones,

kronickidd

My sessions last all day. :lol:

But in all honesty i can vape nonstop for about 30 minutes until i am satisfied.

I used to vape BHO often so i got a pretty high tolerance.

LOL, what is every body's consumption with this thing? i'm looking like 2 ovens for myself... and i just got some mean ass strains... the kind that makes the pax stinky after still...:\ which isn't cool for work... but also... i'm really having a tough time trying to get the clouds every one else is getting in the reviews... can people share their experience of how they are getting monster clouds!!??! like this one

kronickidd,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
LOL, what is every body's consumption with this thing? i'm looking like 2 ovens for myself... and i just got some mean ass strains... the kind that makes the pax stinky after still...:\ which isn't cool for work... but also... i'm really having a tough time trying to get the clouds every one else is getting in the reviews... can people share their experience of how they are getting monster clouds!!??! like this one

Make sure its set on at least medium, and pack the load down tight. Stir and repack every few hits to keep the taste better and get uniform toasting. Long slow draws. Give it a slight break between hits, not long, but don't chain vape it.

And it is stinky :)

kronickidd

Make sure its set on at least medium, and pack the load down tight. Stir and repack every few hits to keep the taste better and get uniform toasting. Long slow draws. Give it a slight break between hits, not long, but don't chain vape it.

And it is stinky :)

Ahh, tried that.. packing it down night and tight, i can feel and taste the difference! you need to let it build ( about 20 seconds) then start drawing... when it gets too hot... means too much!!! lol this things is a beast... i'm loving it!!! stealthy, but stinky.... i need to keep this thing in a pouch. any suggestions? i heard the dime bags are good...

kronickidd,
Ahh, tried that.. packing it down night and tight, i can feel and taste the difference! you need to let it build ( about 20 seconds) then start drawing... when it gets too hot... means too much!!! lol this things is a beast... i'm loving it!!! stealthy, but stinky.... i need to keep this thing in a pouch. any suggestions? i heard the dime bags are good...

i use the case my puffit came in because that thing has no use...Ploom really needs to start making cases for these things...

MylesImp46,

willieR

Been here since 2009
In my experience (maybe because of the stuff I use) there is NO containing the smell in amything less than a specific bag (smelly bag) or glass jar. Sunglass cases leak, regular baggies, even double bagged, will let smell through.

Don't take chances.

dudeeitsbrian

just got back from a battery store about 30 minutes away from me, its called BatteriesPlus.

anyway, i had to comment on their excellent customer service. called up yesterday to confirm if they could spot weld soldering tabs on, they said they could but would not construct a full battery pack, only spot weld soldering tabs onto a single battery. fine with me, that all i needed :D

so, i go to the store today expecting to have to pay, but nope :D they actually welded the tabs on for free, when i asked what i owed them they simply replied "come back anytime you need a battery", i will definitely be doing that.

anyway, now that i've soldered my panasonic NCR18650A back into my modded pax, working perfectly again :D

Adobewan

So Brian, are you concluding that you can't change out batteries per your original plan, just replace your original?

Adobewan,

Adobewan

In my experience (maybe because of the stuff I use) there is NO containing the smell in amything less than a specific bag (smelly bag) or glass jar. Sunglass cases leak, regular baggies, even double bagged, will let smell through.

Don't take chances.
Zip-locks as well Willie?

Adobewan,

dudeeitsbrian

I wonder if you could buy the battery itself from BatteriesPlus?
i asked them if they stocked 18650 batteries, they said not at this time, so that's a negative unfortunately; at least at my local store. also, the company is a franchise, so depending on the specific BatteriesPlus store in your area, they may not even be willing to do the spot welding. i would recommend contacting them before you go in.

So Brian, are you concluding that you can't change out batteries per your original plan, just replace your original?
yes, that's my conclusion. not because it doesn't work, because for some reason pax's onboard computer cannot interpret the signals its receiving or something through the physical connection, honestly i have no idea what causes the problem. who knows, maybe if you made the physical connection really good it would work, however i tried a lot of different things and nothing worked; battery always cut off at an extremely high voltage (like 3.8 volts, it should discharge to about 3.64 before it won't turn on).

So were there batteries w/ tabs soldered on them found already? Anyone have a link for that?
i found some NCR18650A batteries on ebay with tabs pre-welded onto them, that's what i originally bought and it worked just fine. however, the NCR18650B i have been unable to find with tabs already soldered on, so once i get them i'm going to take them into my local BatteriesPlus store again and have them solder tabs on for me.

dudeeitsbrian,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom