Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik3y

PAX, WISPR, MFLB
I just got mine Delivered to Australia. Boy oh boy! On Red setting does she really produces clouds! For all those In Australia I used a forwarding company and used a fused voltage regulator. Got pretty baked last night on 2x bowls and its only now indicating a low battery charge.

mik3y,

Espo

Ok Pax People the verdict is in on the Cobra radar detector car adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COBRA-1-3mm...=US_Radar_Laser_Detectors&hash=item41680c651b

First, it fits. The wire is a tad too thick to squeeze in the knotch on the bottom of the charger, but with the upside down charging idea, no biggie.

2012-08-28_18-35-34_512.jpg

But other than that it works perfect!! For only 10 bucks shipped!

2012-08-28_18-36-28_43.jpg

Yes! Ordering now!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I know I already got confirmation that my order is being shipped by chatting with a rep, but I am a bit surprised that I have not been sent any kind of email update. Oh well, hopefully things are moving as they should be. Ok, now that we have good technology for vaporizing our herbs, let's start working on those transporters, or better yet, replicators... we can do it! :lol:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

559stonerr

I know I already got confirmation that my order is being shipped by chatting with a rep, but I am a bit surprised that I have not been sent any kind of email update. Oh well, hopefully things are moving as they should be. Ok, now that we have good technology for vaporizing our herbs, let's start working on those transporters, or better yet, replicators... we can do it! :lol:
What color did you order? I ordered a onyx and inventory isn't going to be in till next week... This Is making me want a refund and an inhalater

559stonerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
at the time the cobalt (blue) was showing in stock, and I was able to purchase it. Now they all show backordered. I am probably being a little bit impatient here, but something feels off. I just went to the site and logged into my account, it shows my order is still processing, even though the CS rep said it was shipped yesterday, so I don't know what is going on. I just want to get one of these things in my hands ~pronto!! :D

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

dudeeitsbrian

just putting this out there for guys who want to do the replaceable battery mod. i'm still testing and do not recommend you try it yet. everything works, functionality is the same, however even when the battery is at 4.15 volts (directly off the charger), the pax is showing yellow battery status. i have checked the voltage via many points within pax, including all the way pack to the main solder points on the PCB, and it always shows up as the same voltage as the battery is regardless of where its tested, so all my connections are good. quite confused about why the battery is showing as yellow, i'm going to put the device through its paces and see how it performs ignoring the battery status color though.

willieR

Been here since 2009
Very cool of you to keep us posted. Did Joe KA and VapeNazi have this issue also? No matter, you're learning a great deal about the operation of this unit. Just makes it a more valuable vape to me. Thanks for your continued efforts.

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Why / how is Ploom releasing orders while the dealers have none to ship? Is this the case? I'd be one pissed off dealer if the manufacturer undercut me. It's bad enough the manufacturer competes against their own dealers.

willieR,

dudeeitsbrian

Very cool of you to keep us posted. Did Joe KA and VapeNazi have this issue also? No matter, you're learning a great deal about the operation of this unit. Just makes it a more valuable vape to me. Thanks for your continued efforts.
Joe soldered directly to the battery, i do not believe he had any issues. not sure about vapenazi.

also, i'd like to point out that i didn't have any issues with the mod when i simply soldered in a new battery (battery had tabs already spot welded onto it), it was only when i attempted to make it easily replaceable that this happened. like i said though i'm testing runtime, if it still performs and the battery indicator is just wacky then i really don't mind at all :)

dudeeitsbrian,

kronickidd

at the time the cobalt (blue) was showing in stock, and I was able to purchase it. Now they all show backordered. I am probably being a little bit impatient here, but something feels off. I just went to the site and logged into my account, it shows my order is still processing, even though the CS rep said it was shipped yesterday, so I don't know what is going on. I just want to get one of these things in my hands ~pronto!! :D
I ordered mine Sunday night...cobalt , because it was still in stock. I had to email their rep to get confirmation of any kind, that my order shipped... The tracking numbers for USPS ARE SLOW TO UPDATE...how slow!?!?.. You will get your Pax before then....or it will be in your local re routing facility and you will get one update before receiving it...dealt with these USPS tracking before.

Hopefully ploom has stock from first batch and didn't over sell it....

I was at the head shop and was telling the owner about the pax when he asked if I checked out the new high times!.... There's a huge write up on portable vaporizers..... Pax was one of the top contenders..

sa
same exact thing happened to me...had my cobalt Pax 5 days later

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Well it looks like ill be sending my Pax in. Mouthpiece will not come off whatsoever. I cleaned it yesterday because of more prominent sticking and vaped one oven out of it. Today i tried to turn it on and the mouthpiece clicks in normally doesnt pop up at all. I must have clicked it a thousand times to try and get it to pop up but no luck. Guess its T break time until vapeworld can get this sorted for me.

tranceporter,

JoeKickass

however even when the battery is at 4.15 volts (directly off the charger), the pax is showing yellow battery status.

That is a bit low, it should be 4.20v when fully charged... I think mine goes to 4.20v but I'll double check tomorrow.

Did Joe KA and VapeNazi have this issue also?.

Mine stays green for about 2-3 bowls, but I used a different battery...

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

I must have clicked it a thousand times to try and get it to pop up but no luck.

Try clicking down, the letting it come up very slowly. You are trying to pull the little ring down and it's stuck up, you could try warming it or tapping it too.

JoeKickass,
Reactions: willieR

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Well it looks like ill be sending my Pax in. Mouthpiece will not come off whatsoever. I cleaned it yesterday because of more prominent sticking and vaped one oven out of it. Today i tried to turn it on and the mouthpiece clicks in normally doesnt pop up at all. I must have clicked it a thousand times to try and get it to pop up but no luck. Guess its T break time until vapeworld can get this sorted for me.
Let this be an example to all that a back-up vaporizer should be in every household on the planet.

I recommend a butane-based backup for those occasions when power is scarce. Like about a million Nawleners are going through right about now.
:peace:

Stu,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Let this be an example to all that a back-up vaporizer should be in every household on the planet.

I recommend a butane-based backup for those occasions when power is scarce. Like about a million Nawleners are going through right about now.
:peace:

Not to hijack the thread, but heed Stu's advice, fellow vaporists. I love my Pax. LOVE it. But I also love my VG Coil, and while it doesn't get much use these days, it's a no-brainer backup I can use directly or with a glass water thing.

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Stu

Anti-Flag

OMG this is a looooong thread to get through in a day! lol Anyways, I really am stoked about this vape and see how many of you LOVE it, but can anyone debunk these concerns of mine? I'm a little worried about the stuck mouthpiece, temp button issues, oven lid size tolerance giving different airflows, airflow issues, and being a bit of a pain to clean, and not being able to get it perfectly clean?

If i'm diligent with cleanliness, are these all non-issues? I just can't believe how stealthy and ergonomic it is. This has to be a game changer in the portable industry from what I can see.

Anti-Flag,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I thought about ordering a spare mouth piece, in case the first one starts sticking... I can soak it and use the spare... or am I getting ahead of myself here?

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
cool, I am down for regular cleaning. It seems you could soak your mouth piece at night, and have a clean fresh mouthpiece each day... I am sure it's a good idea to maintain it anyway, since you are putting it in your mouth. I did order some extra screens, was tempted to get a spare battery cover and mouthpiece, but decided to wait.

jambandphan03,

JoeKickass

I just use q-tips to clean the bowl maybe once every 3-5 sessions, then once in a blue moon I'll clean the underside of the plate (with a paperclip) and the tube (with more q-tips while hot)
The mouthpiece I just clean with papertowel or toliet paper, wipe the oil on the top & roll it up the tube.

You really don't need iso for this...

JoeKickass,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
has anyone tried vaping cotton w/hash oil in the pax yet? I know people were doing that with solo... would that work in a pax? Using organic cotton btw...

jambandphan03,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom