Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
The only I didn't like was the charger. Too light and flimsy. So...
img4059nw.jpg

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
The charger sits snug in the groove. The Pax sits in the hole that is lined with felt. I can make these in any color or stain. They will be on my website tomorrow, hopefully. It's like my Cloud stands only for the Pax :)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The charger sits snug in the groove. The Pax sits in the hole that is lined with felt. I can make these in any color or stain. They will be on my website tomorrow, hopefully. It's like my Cloud stands only for the Pax :)

If I could offer a critique. If you could drill a hole through (the area where the wire is) in the groove the charger rests. Then you would need to make a little channel for the cord to lay in so the unit could lay flat. You could run the wire through the hole and along the bottom. I think it would make it look much more "Finished". Otherwise I like it!

Just thought I'd let all you non-US / Canadian residents know that my Pax successfully arrived in Australia this morning through a mail-redirection service. Not only that, it arrived fully charged!

Thinking I might be the first in Oz to have one of these awesome little devices! Very excited. Thanks to all of you who have posted tips and tricks on how to use the device. This is my first Vape an I doubt I'll be turning back...

Elvis

bricked
Just thought I'd let all you non-US / Canadian residents know that my Pax successfully arrived in Australia this morning through a mail-redirection service. Not only that, it arrived fully charged!

Thinking I might be the first in Oz to have one of these awesome little devices! Very excited. Thanks to all of you who have posted tips and tricks on how to use the device. This is my first Vape an I doubt I'll be turning back...
Nice! Could you share with us how to do this? How do you go about charging?

Elvis,

Azathoth

I think this problem might be the metal clip vape nazi mentioned, maybe it's not pressing on the stem hard enough?

The clip on my Pax feels like it's pressing pretty hard on the stem, the locking click is sharp and solid

Thanks much for that information. TBH, I'd be nervous voiding my warranty to check, as I'm not very handy and would probably make it worse...or cause it to catch fire, somehow. :) Be interesting to see if that clip is the issue. Oddly enough, the problem seems to have gone away on its own. I'm not sure if that clip finally clicked back into position, or if I was somehow seating it improperly, but my mouthpiece is now staying closed with every click once more. Hopefully it's not a recurring issue. I continue to be impressed by how this device functions. I love my MFLB, but this is definitely a step up in my admittedly-limited experience with portables.

Azathoth,
Nice! Could you share with us how to do this? How do you go about charging?

There are a number of mail re-direction services. You pay more for shipping of course depending on who you use.

It only took 5 days to reach me via FedEx (mind you that was including a weekend. Order by Monday you should get it by the end of the week).

For charging I just bought a step-down voltage converter from the local tech shop.

So the Pax ends up being more expensive for us, but worth it no doubt!

s p a c e b o y,
I have a question about the pax, couldn't find an answer to this in earlier posts. How warm does the pax get after an average session? Can it go right into your pocket or does it need to cool down, and for how long, before you can comfortably slip it in your pocket.
Thanks

dweezilwad,
Reactions: Jurassic

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I have a question about the pax, couldn't find an answer to this in earlier posts. How warm does the pax get after an average session? Can it go right into your pocket or does it need to cool down, and for how long, before you can comfortably slip it in your pocket.
Thanks

It goes right in my pocket when done. :)

Hot, but not uncomfortably so.

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Jurassic

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
id imagine itd be putting off the same amount of heat as say an iolite? if so thats kinda awesome, being in CO sucks when u gotta go to work early in the morning when its cold as balls outside, nice warm vape is great for the car ride to work to warm your hands n lungs up :)

the only too hot issues ive ever had with a vape, was with the thermovape without the derlin sleeve (rev setup)

donald420

Lucky fucker haha what site did you use? I live in new zealand so if it made it to you surely it should make it to me haha. Also are you getting a adapter? And if so what 1?

donald420,
Reactions: Elvis

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i have the worst timing, everytime i buy a vape its like on friday and i end up waiting the whole weekend before its even shipped yet.

i can wait tho, this thing looks very promising as a portable. sorry but im sick of vaping concentrates only while im at work, shit just isnt functional enough of a high for work, need a portable herbal vape with a bigger chamber than the solo, that heats up faster, and is way more simple, no stem and all that, switching that crap in a car is lame.

question to pax owners, hows loading and unloading bowls while out in your car? or do you even have to with a bigger bowl like that? will one last all day out at work?

JoeKickass

When it's clean, the bowl empties with a tap or two, but if you let it get dirty you might need a paperclip...

JoeKickass,
Lucky fucker haha what site did you use? I live in new zealand so if it made it to you surely it should make it to me haha. Also are you getting a adapter? And if so what 1?

Yep I got a stepdown transformer (PowerTech Plus 220-240VAC to 110-115VAC). Works beautifully for charging.

PM me and I'll let you know the service I used.

s p a c e b o y,
Reactions: donald420

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Goodness I should have gone with vape world, Florida is right next door to me. USPS tracking for my ploom has been at info received sinced the 7th. :tinfoil: Really hoping the mailman to come through for me Monday afternoon.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Goodness I should have gone with vape world, Florida is right next door to me. USPS tracking for my ploom has been at info received sinced the 7th. :tinfoil: Really hoping the mailman to come through for me Monday afternoon.

From my experience. USPS tracking is very slow to update. I once got something delivered before it changed from info received..

tranceporter,

pecosthecat

has anybody found a compatible 100-240v charger that is compatible with the Pax? I would rather not have to use a step-down transfer. I have no idea why Pax would not spec a charger like this in the first place. Nearly all of my electronic gadget chargers are 100-240v.

pecosthecat,
Reactions: donald420

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well ... first impressions ... it's ok. Maybe need to give it a few more tries, but I just did 3 bowls, and not impressed.

- Cloud/vapour production: ok ... not as good as Solo with a well packed stem (not an M105) at heat setting 4
- Ease of use/loading: ok to load, very easy to clean
- Size/portability/convenience: really nice size/portability, can be put away immediately after use, etc. Very convenient in a lot of ways.
- Efficiency: ok (my Solo is better I believe, and obviously doesn't touch the Cloud)
- Also found the mouthpiece gets fairly hot on my lips which is a little uncomfortable and I imagine if I was on vacation using this as my only vape for a week, my lips would get dried out and suffer
- Bowl Size: I loaded 0.2 initially, and it was too full and most didn't vape (stayed kinda' green) and airflow was poor. Next put in maybe .12-.15 and that seemed better. Better vapour production. Next tried just covering the bottom and found vapour production was less.

Overall, my 2nd favourite portable I've tried, but considering I haven't found any acceptable herb vaporizers except the Solo yet, doesn't say a lot.

As far as convenience, portability, and discreetness, I'd give this a real thumbs up.

As far as quality of vapour and efficiency of extraction I'd give this barely a pass.

I'd like to qualify my review by saying that I never really liked the MFLB either, so maybe it's just me and conduction style vapes.

Anyone have any tips to improve my experience?

JCat,

JoeKickass

Anyone have any tips to improve my experience?

Just the same stuff I've been saying all along:

1) Pack your stuff in there firmly/tightly

2) Don't breathe through the device, hot mouthpiece means way too much airflow

3) Pull slowly using your mouth, like a joint or blunt, then inhale from your mouth and repeat

JCat

Accessory Maker
I packed in firmly the first time and the top near the lid looked barely vaped ...

JCat,

Espo

I've used my Pax daily (2-4 time per day) since I had it. I've noticed the more that's packed into the bowl the better and longer your session will be. Lastnight I had a 25 minute session with 3 people and we packed the bowl as tight as we could. 1 bowl had us all very medicated.

I placed .15-.2 in yesterday and left it real loose and it did not hit well more than 3 times. I am convinced the more and tighter you pack the bowl the better it hits.

I have not experienced a hot mouth piece yet, and I've had a couple 10-20 minute sessions on medium and high.

dudeeitsbrian

I packed in firmly the first time and the top near the lid looked barely vaped ...
if you only used .2, that was not "firmly". use like .3 - .4, also you will probably need to stir 6-8 hits in.

what temperature setting are you running on? i find medium gives the best clouds, however when im hitting it for taste i run yellow (still get quite medicated from this).

if you still aren't getting the "expected" cloud production with a .3 - .4 bowl the only thing i can suggest is getting higher quality herb.

i can only imagine you sittng there hitting the device as hard as possible trying to get a big cloud, that will only give you a headache and a small wispy hit. you need to barely have any airflow happening at all, you should not hear any air moving through the device when you hit it. also, letting the device build up vapor a bit between hits will give much nicer clouds.

dudeeitsbrian,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom