Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazedRunner

run high
I think BlazedRunner here was getting decent to good results using TINY amounts of cannabis (looked to be about PD stem sizes, maybe a tad less) on his amethyst pax. Blazed Runner, care to elaborate?

I have been able to vape very small pinches of crumbly hash with varying results.
This hash packs a punch and the small quantity you see is sufficient to get me medicated if I use an efficient vape, like the solo. With the Pax on high temp (red), I can get weak hit or two out of it, but nothing like having that little nugg getting blasted with a stream of hot air.

An alternative is to use a quantity of some other stuff to fill in the space, like whatever is in your spice cabinet. Rosemary, mint, tea, yerba mate, oregano, etc. Or tobacco. But then you have to deal with differing rates of vaporization of the two materials.

turk

turk
....I hear you man....I would NOT be tempted to use iso (or anything else ) to correct this..... at least not at this time...needless to say I'm monitoring this and hopefully it will not progress...if it does plume may need to address this issue....but I'm not there yet....

turk,

BlazedRunner

run high
BTW, @vapenazi I really suggest you present your Pax to them at Ploom regardless of the warranty issue. In fact I would not be surprised if someone there is monitoring this thread. We're basically the first users of this product and our feedback is very beneficial to them. YOU would actually be doing THEM a favor by showing the problem to them.

BlazedRunner,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
iloveb00bs: how is your new temp button? still working smoothly after much use? :)

haven't used it much, i only used it for like 4-5 sessions so far with 2 of them being bubble sessions. but button is still nice and smooth.

ilovebOObs,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
mine has been shipped, will arrive BY 10:30am just in time for my doctors appointment haha :)

Xchadb,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
We made some mods to this yeserday. Now we have a hole up through the bottom to thread the cord through. With the rubber feet, the cord runs underneath the stand and isn't crushed by the wood :)

Nothing left to do but :) :) :)

That is looking great. :tup:

got billing info sorted, pax will be here tomorrow
Patience is a good virtue to have in this situation...

Glad it worked out... bummer you put yourself through all that stress over the weekend trying to find another unit.

Slightly Medicated,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i know right? my shit is kicking into high gear waiting for tomorrow i HATE buying new anything online because it fucks with my patience and obsession

mattstermh

While im in the middle of a bowl, the light will turn to the color of the temperature instead of green. Why is it doing this? And it goes between red/purple/green etc

mattstermh,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
thanks for the pax pouch slim. really digging it so far.found a tube to carry herb that fits in the bag too, sweet!!! now i'm ready for a day on the town :)
p8136034.jpg

p8136037.jpg

p8136038.jpg

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ok ... so to continue my review ...

As long as it's packed tight, works well (maybe even great? ... definitely gets me nicely medicated). I've been getting nicely browned ABV (a little section in the middle doesn't get vaped very much but it's negligible and acceptable for a portable if you don't want to stir :))

I'd say works best with .2-.3 depending on strain, how dry/gummy it is, etc. This is good for me ... I like a .25 bowl. (I find with the efficiency of the Cloud's extraction I get away with .15-.25 instead of .2-.3 and get similar effects).

I can see this being a popular vaporizer for me (and a lot of people) especially if on the go if I'm planning on being out and about for more than a couple hours (so I can medicate half way).

So ... I now can safely recommend 2 different portables to people. Solo and Pax ... don't know if I have a clear winner yet ... they both have their advantages (havent tried the Inhalater yet though).

Oh yeah ... the Pax is a clear winner for me as far as time required to vape ... I can vape a .25 bowl in the Pax in a few minutes no problem, and I haven't timed the warmup but it seems like it's maybe a minute.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
bOObs is testing it out for me. A friend of mine is starting a new side project. With my help is designing vapor pouches/cases specifically designed for each model of vaporizer. I realized there is a real lack of carrying options that are specifically designed for the products. Most of the time you end up using survival pouches, glasses cases, or some kluge solution.

The whole thing is still in the early phases. I am still helping him finalize the designs. He is doing all the work, I am just giving him advice. We are working on the MFLB and the PAX currently and they are close to being done. We are also developing one for the Solo, INH004, ThermoVape Kits, and others.

The pouch bOObs has is pretty much the final prototype. It is made from upholstery fabric, so it a thicker type of fabric. It gives it some cushion feeling without adding to the rigidity. There is a fabric divider inside. This allows you to put your PAX on one side and a stir stick on the other, or a tube of flowers. It keeps them separate inside the pouch so they will not scratch each other, and it keeps the PAX separate from the keys in your pocket.

He makes them all at home on his sewing machine. He is still working out some of the details. I think he is going to use some recycled fabrics like 2nd hand clothes like jeans... so some of them will be up-cycled/recycled.

Peloton

Vapes Hard
bOObs is testing it out for me. A friend of mine is starting a new side project. With my help is designing vapor pouches/cases specifically designed for each model of vaporizer. I realized there is a real lack of carrying options that are specifically designed for the products. Most of the time you end up using survival pouches, glasses cases, or some kluge solution.

The whole thing is still in the early phases. I am still helping him finalize the designs. He is doing all the work, I am just giving him advice. We are working on the MFLB and the PAX currently and they are close to being done. We are also developing one for the Solo, INH004, ThermoVape Kits, and others.

The pouch bOObs has is pretty much the final prototype. It is made from upholstery fabric, so it a thicker type of fabric. It gives it some cushion feeling without adding to the rigidity. There is a fabric divider inside. This allows you to put your PAX on one side and a stir stick on the other, or a tube of flowers. It keeps them separate inside the pouch so they will not scratch each other, and it keeps the PAX separate from the keys in your pocket.

He makes them all at home on his sewing machine. He is still working out some of the details. I think he is going to use some recycled fabrics like 2nd hand clothes like jeans... so some of them will be up-cycled/recycled.

Sounds really cool SliM. Like you mentioned, I've always used cases from other things for my vaporizers (cameras, vaccuum guages, etc.) that work, but aren't always ideal. Keep us posted :)

Peloton,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
yeah i was curious, was there an official dimebag for the pax? or is everyone just using the small pipe bag to store it?

Xchadb,

turk

turk

...thanks for the response.... looks preety cool...I believe planet vape is also working on something....and I'm sure ploom is putting something together (only makes sense)...so far my pocket is doing ok....(alwyays wear a jacket in s.f.)...I see a similar model as the iphone...once the product is released....venders chime in....

turk,
Hey guys, been lurking on this thread since post 1. I've finally decided to pull the trigger thanks to SliM and boobs. I have one question about smell. Would any of you who own the Pax use it in a restaurant maybe after finishing your meal without fear of others noticing? Also, 5-off-12 isn't working on vapeworld anymore. Does anyone know of the current discount codes available? Thanks!

joey shrier,

turk

turk
...welll I'm not using it in a public place like a rest.....I'm black...and I don't need the extra hassle with the authorities....at my age I just don't feel the need to "go there"....you can go to a bathroom and with this device....problem solved.....some of our "younger" more "adventerous" members may feel different....but for me....this is a possible hassle...I don't need...

Dammit

yeah i was curious, was there an official dimebag for the pax? or is everyone just using the small pipe bag to store it?
I got a free dimebag hemp case with my pax from planet vape. It was didn't really fit a first, especially from the puffy padding but once it packs down a bit, the pax fits with enough room for a tube full of flower. I've only taken my pax out of the house twice for a small trips so didn't bother bring the case. Just popped it in my pocket and go.

Dammit,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Hey guys, been lurking on this thread since post 1. I've finally decided to pull the trigger thanks to SliM and boobs. I have one question about smell. Would any of you who own the Pax use it in a restaurant maybe after finishing your meal without fear of others noticing? Also, 5-off-12 isn't working on vapeworld anymore. Does anyone know of the current discount codes available? Thanks!

Indoors? I wouldnt do it. Outside with a bunch of smokers you will be pretty incognito though. Exhaled vapor is exhaled vapor no matter what vaporizer is in use.

JoeKickass

I wasn't sure if Ploom would get back to me about charging the Pax from a battery but guess what:

Ploom said:
First, be advised that we cannot warranty any issues related to usage of unapproved power sources.

The power supply for Pax is 9V, 1.3A. (11.7 Watts). Any voltage source between 9V and 18V will work to charge it, as long as you can find the proper sized jack to plug into the charger. In addition, the jack/plug is center positive.

If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. Best of luck!

Best,
Ploom

I already sent an appropriate thank you but man oh man, can you believe it? The company actually helps the modding consumers! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom