1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by frayded, Jun 1, 2012.

1. berman1125

berman1125 Member

I do love that taste on low. I think that will be my go to before work. Sitting on the couch I think medium is nice, but high is cool too

Edit:the top of page 420?! I feel honored

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    KidFated., Shadowdjinni and Madcap79 like this.
  2. eddsauce

eddsauce vaporize her

All the reviews ive read about portable vaporizers have lead me to the pax. I have been smoking for 5 years non stop and want to make sure this will be my last purchase for a piece. Can anyone reassure me that this will get the job done because I've been reluctant to try since my magic flight

3. ILoveCollege

ILoveCollege Yeah.. F* Combustion..

This is your final piece? As much as I love it I am not sure if this end all of pieces. If you are looking for something that is a stealth piece that you can take home and have it be a heavy hitter, this is a great piece. However if it is just going to sit at home, I don't think this is the best "home unit".

I should ask, what are you looking for in this piece? Again, the Pax is a great travel piece that can come home and after you kick your shoes off, it will knock your socks off for you.

Madcap79 likes this.
  4. berman1125

berman1125 Member

I know this is EXTREMELY old but I really like this method for packing and smoking. Great way to save. Making my way through this novel of a thread!

5. Belgianvapor

Belgianvapor Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I guess we're all friends in here, so what do you think, time to start a small
    shitstorm? :brow:
    So, I got a real pax and a fake pax.
    The real pax was sent to me by a friend from the states, the fake from ebay.
    This fake pax is as close to perfection as they come, nothing on the pax will show you it's fake
    (it has a serial nr, hex screw, same colors, party mode, great battery life etc etc etc, the only thing
    for me that tells me this is the fake pax (besides the fact that the real is black and the facke is purple) is that the oven lid (the metal part) looks slightly more shiny.
    Anyway...the fake pax sticks out head and neck (Belgian saying, not sure if you guys in the states use it too)
    above the real pax, it has better battery life (much better) I think it gets a tad bit hotter too, it doesn't have as much of the issues my real pax has (I use the fake one more) less problems with sticking, etc even the
    lights are better (I can see more difference between the orange and the red, wich are nearly the same on the real pax)
    The only problem it has is that I have to push the mp to get the purple light, without pushing most of the time it shows the temp light, but this tiny problem was easily solved with the use of my toothpick solution (I posted this a few posts back)
    All in all, if I had to choose, I would go for the fake pax in a heartbeat.
    Now, to be fair, I'm probably one of very few so don't look at this as me advocating for fake paxes,
    I think I had a bit of luck with the fake pax and alot of bad luck with the real pax.
    Either way, I love them and use them almost daily they hit me harder and faster than the ascent on max temp and since I don't use the screen anymore, I can use mflb loads with very nice vapor on red (-0.1g)

Teedub likes this.
  6. Smokin' crew Celtic

Smokin' crew Celtic Member

I thought mines genuine and that's the same video I used mate but something wasn't right from the start after a week it started playing up , then few days later it stopped working altogether just didn't seem like any of the pax's Id read about or watched videos of ,
    my pax is in Los Angeles for delivery so hopefully ebay refund me soon , i was 10 days in on my ebay 14 day money back guarentee , sent yellow dog company my mobile number twice and they didn't reply to me in 14 days so just escalated through eBay

7. berman1125

berman1125 Member

Is too fine of a grind bad?

8. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

I like a very fine grind with the Pax. Seems to produce more dense vapor.

VaporsVaporizer likes this.
  9. Zow237

Zow237 Member

Is Iploom selling legit pax??? They have a sale for 199 right now

10. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Doubtful. Even if they did sell real ones I thought paying less than MSRP voided warranty?

11. Zow237

Zow237 Member

Yeah I would assume that if the receipt says that.... I'm a softball bat whore and all my receipts always say msrp even when I buy a 300 dollar bat for 150

12. Icehawk

Icehawk Member

I've had one for about a year, it's pretty good but on mine it keeps getting stuck in the wrong mode - when I pop the mouthpiece to turn it on it often thinks it is in charge mode, I have to wiggle it around and hold it just right to get it to turn on and heat up... so I don't use it much. Cleaning seems to help for like 1 load. Any tips or suggestions?

13. llamaman001

llamaman001 Well-Known Member

icehawk just shove a toothpick in between the unit and the mouthpiece and it will stick it to one side and keep it on properly.

14. berman1125

berman1125 Member

So who has success stories about using their pax in public? It does seem a little too smelly to just bust out at a movie or sporting event

15. llamaman001

Glad you mentioned this berman. I went to go see catching fire with a couple buddies of mine and I brought both my pax's. By the time the movie started there was the 3 of us, a couple 2 rows down, and then another couple 1 row down from them, so not many people. Keep in mind we sat at the VERY top right underneath the projector. We did each pax separately and HOLY SHIT. Me and my buddy could not stop laughing because like Ive said in my other posts when your at the theater that bright ass projector shows off ANY trances of vapor so we are sitting back taking huge drags and all the sudden one us looks up and see this HUGE cloud just sitting in front of the projector haha. If there was someone working that thing obviously no fucks were given because it looked as though someone was smoking a blunt.

Not ONCE did anyone turn around to look at us because of the vape or the smell. My buddys girl friend was sitting right next us and she has a pretty good nose and she said it only smelled like we had a bag of really stinky bud.

Overall it was a GREAT vape for the theater but if there are other people there DONT sit under the projector and youll be fine, just blow the vapor in your shirt or get a smoke buddy jr.

16. berman1125

berman1125 Member

That's good to hear. Were you paxing on low?

Another big reason I bought my pax was to bring it skiing. What are peoples experience with that? It seems like it would be a pain to need to stir the bowl while on the slopes. Do people keep a hand warmer near it to prevent from freezing?

17. llamaman001

I was paxing on medium, me and my buddy each take about 4 to 5 draws then I bumped it up to high. The cloud production is outstanding with this little thing. Im absolutely in love with it and its EVERYTHING I was looking for in a portable.

One of the users who sent me a PAX off here also sent me a concentrate screen for the volcano with it as well. I cut it down to size and it fits the oven perfectly and I can load as little as .1 or less and still get some nice drags off of it with even ABV

18. Shadowdjinni

Shadowdjinni Active Member

Don't do it for a full session in one place. After a 20-25 minute Pax-a-thon, going through all 3 settings, it will definitely smell like weed.

A puff or two every few minutes on low won't draw any attention however. A few people here have done it at a sporting event and in a movie theatre. Personally, I've done it at an outdoor music festival and no one cared.

19. Teedub

Teedub Well-Known Member

This is what the PAX is for!, haha Ive done it in restaurants regularly. Just stealth-a-ly :)

Ive recently stuffed some ss wool in there, below the screen to make a mini load. How does the volcano screen hold up? I did a full heat burnoff. My ss discoloured like ti or the pax screen.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  20. TheDoctor76859

TheDoctor76859 Well-Known Member

I also have the volcano screen and it has held up for 4 months. It shed some steel strands at first but I have not noticed it doing that anymore.

Teedub likes this.
  21. sk

sk Slothing around

Music festivals are one of the few places where people are more likely to turn around with a pax than a joint :D

22. Shadowdjinni

Shadowdjinni Active Member

Had a guy actually pay me $5 to smoke out of mine. He thought I was gonna give him one temp setting but I gave all 3 cause he gave me a nug too. I watched him like a hawk, but he didn't mind; he was just glad someone else had one.

sk likes this.
  23. SexyVapes

SexyVapes New Member

My Fave on the go.... bitch 2 clean (when im on the go) but worth it.:rockon:

24. Slyvape

Slyvape New Member

I am a new owner of the Pax, and I must say I love it. Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the great info.

25. berman1125

berman1125 Member

Not sure if this has been posted but when you are in the second party mode, if you shake it almost like checking battery level, it will go through a couple stages of strobe light settings.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors