1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by frayded, Jun 1, 2012.

1. sk

sk Slothing around

Music festivals are one of the few places where people are more likely to turn around with a pax than a joint :D

2. Shadowdjinni

Shadowdjinni Active Member

Had a guy actually pay me $5 to smoke out of mine. He thought I was gonna give him one temp setting but I gave all 3 cause he gave me a nug too. I watched him like a hawk, but he didn't mind; he was just glad someone else had one.

sk likes this.
  3. SexyVapes

SexyVapes New Member

My Fave on the go.... bitch 2 clean (when im on the go) but worth it.:rockon:

4. Slyvape

Slyvape New Member

I am a new owner of the Pax, and I must say I love it. Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the great info.

5. berman1125

berman1125 Active Member

Not sure if this has been posted but when you are in the second party mode, if you shake it almost like checking battery level, it will go through a couple stages of strobe light settings.

6. andrewb123

andrewb123 New Member

Just wanted to express that I bought this for the warranty, and it seemed to be the most popular high end portable vap out there right now. my pax stopped charging after 6 months of use last week... ploom sent me a return label and fixed my pax no questions asked.. i had it back in my hands in a week.

7. SexyVapes

SexyVapes New Member

Well, this is by far the best portable vaporizer for flowers but can someone recommend a really good pen for BHO. I used to have the Raw, Atmos (sucked for dry but not bad for wax) but it got so caked up i coudnt open it unless i heated it up for like 30 sec. anyone?

8. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

I recommend the Dabbler. This isn't the right thread for your question, though.

9. SexyVapes

SexyVapes New Member

sorry, new to this :doh:.... i was already here so i figured i would ask. wont happen again:hmm:

10. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

Not to worry, I just didn't want the thread to head off in that direction. I didn't notice you were a rookie. ;)

SexyVapes likes this.
  11. Longtimelurker

Longtimelurker Well-Known Member

Anyone ever tried giving shots withe the pax? One person puts his mouth round the bottom (i only ever use the lowest temp, so i wont burn my lips) and breathes into the pax so the vapor just streams out of the front for someone else to inhale...

12. DanAndroid

DanAndroid Of no particular interest

I haven't tried it but I don't know why it wouldn't/couldn't be done. If the end gets warm, form a first seal around it with one's index and thumb curved around it and then pucker up to one's hand.

Years ago I've done it with pipes of various kinds.

13. Slyvape

Slyvape New Member

Can anyone tell me why my screen won't stay in? I cleaned my Pax for the first time and now it doesn't want to stay without product in the oven. It popped out quite easily without applying much force to the pipe cleaner, so I wouldn't think I bent it??? I am sorry to ask a question I am sure has come up before, but I haven't yet had the time to read all that has been posted here.

14. Reflections

Reflections Well-Known Member

@Slyvape read up on page 326 of this thread bout some screen recommendations

Slyvape and DanAndroid like this.
  15. geraldus

geraldus Well-Known Member

GREAT avatar , Toros !

16. Vapingisbest

Vapingisbest New Member

I am having a problem with my PAX. When I release the mouthpiece to turn it on, the unit flashes 5 times and shuts off. If I release the mouthpiece and pull it off immediately, the unit stays on and allows me to select the temperature setting. However as soon as the metal tube from mouthpiece touches the inside tube as I am reinserting it, it again blinks 5 times and shuts off. Any helps or suggestions would be much appreciated. Btw, the unit is very well cleaned and lubricated with food grade propylene glycol. I have also tried food grade glycerol. I don't think it's a fouling or lack of lubrication issue.

17. King Thrust

King Thrust New Member

Not sure if it has been talk about yet.... But, is anyone aware that you can play Simon (color matching game) on your PAX! [​IMG] It's pretty cool! You have to hack into the unit by spinning it a bunch of times just like you do for party mode. But once you do that 5 times or so the simon game is activated and you can play color match on your Pax. Hope this wasn't a waste of a first post!!!!

Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  18. Teedub

Teedub Well-Known Member

yeah its been brought up before, also the older models seem to only have one party mode. Which is annoying for me having an older model. I wanna play simon on my pax! not really but would like the options for when im bored out an about somewhere :D

KidFated. likes this.
  19. sk

sk Slothing around

Hey vapoingisbest, I think I know what the problem is.

Try warm the pax up in your hands or in a radiator for a few mins before you use it, and try again. My pax did this too sometimes because it got too cold, but warming it up a little bit fixed it (my pax is fake though). I read on the Ploom website that the real one should work in 0C, so if yours is real then maybe get it replaced. Let me know if it works :)

20. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Are fake pax's safe? Im not planning on buying one, theyre everywhere, so im hoping theyre okay to use.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  21. sk

sk Slothing around

Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  22. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  23. andrewb123

andrewb123 New Member

this seems accurate for anyone wondering about the odor. when you turn on you'll get a whiff for 10-15 seconds and then you're pretty much good to go : )

24. wabawaba

wabawaba New Member

I feel like this post NEEDS to be shared every hundred pages or so as it's really become integral to my using the PAX. I couldn't picture a practical way to use my PAX otherwise. And let's be honest, most of us aren't going to remember to carry around a separate tool for packing, what with our somewhat diminished short-term memory faculties... :rolleyes:
    If you haven't made one, I'd highly recommend it :)

Also, you can tighten the fit of your charger by applying tape to it where it makes contact with the PAX. When I would try to charge my PAX from within my backpack for stealth chargin g, the connection would always come undone because the wires would get moved around. Picture:[​IMG] [​IMG]

DanAndroid, Quetzalcoatl and Teedub like this.
  25. Deadshort480

Deadshort480 We're here to fuck shit up.

Careful with the homemade paper clip tool. There's been reports of slippage and units being stuck in the closed position.

DanAndroid likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors