Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
hey people I got a pax and found this siterI was really happy to read all the positive reviews. Vapeworld waswesome with customer service . I got 2 day shipping and it didn't get sent out and. Called just to see if it shipped ad they gave me free overnight shipping I haven't com busted since!!( its my first vape(

So have we found a battery that a user could replace?
i did a battery swap just for the hell of it. used a 3800 mAH chinese battery with solder tabs. i agree with mr krinkle, don't try it unless you know what your doing. it's really easy to lose stuff and ruining the o-rings is almost unavoidable. i got some longer running time, not much, but the indicator doesn't work right. it goes from really long green, to long yellow, to flashing red shutoff, there is no red warning period. no biggie since my pax is usually on a charger (car or home) when im not using it.
IMG_20130211_081345_zpsc2ad6f3a.jpg

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
My o-rings are fine-:p took my case on and off a good 7 times before it got back to new working condition. Just be careful, make sure they arnt twisted, I squeezed the case really hard by its sides (width wise, I duno how to explain it any better) and it allowed me to get a tiny bit more leeway where it counts, the case slides back on like butter.

Mr.Krinkle,

welderboy

just soldered micro bullet connectors on the pax wires and the battery tabs (male and female) popped the pax on the charger and everything is green. now i can swap out the batteries on the fly. i left the wires intact and it's a tight squeeze with the connectors, but it keeps the battery from rattling around with no tape. btw one of my o rings was melted to the side of the outer sleeve, im glad to be rid of them.

welderboy,
Reactions: ogcook

Shalom Shick

My purple Pax arrived last week, and is my very first vaporizer. I love the color and the fun of the alliterative moniker 'purple Pax' but I just don't like it otherwise. Maybe that is because I am only smoking tobacco and legal herbs. Trying to quit smoking cigs and really like ecigs, but the Pax is so much trouble...one must pack it frequently and it doesn't give that satisfying plume of vapor that an ecig or epipe does. So I politely let the folks at Pax know, since they market the thing primarily to tobacco users. They politely told me there were no refunds, even if it is not working. Replacements, yes, but no refunds. This is not stated on the pax web site. This is just FYI for those who may need to know...I know I would have liked to find a post like this somewhere before I bought mine. $250 is a mighty big wad to blow for something just to try it out. No offense to those who love it, I can see it's potential for a relatively discreet buzz...though anyone who says it doesn't smell has something wrong with their nose! Blessings to all and happy vaping!

Shalom Shick,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
My purple Pax arrived last week, and is my very first vaporizer. I love the color and the fun of the alliterative moniker 'purple Pax' but I just don't like it otherwise. Maybe that is because I am only smoking tobacco and legal herbs. Trying to quit smoking cigs and really like ecigs, but the Pax is so much trouble...one must pack it frequently and it doesn't give that satisfying plume of vapor that an ecig or epipe does. So I politely let the folks at Pax know, since they market the thing primarily to tobacco users. They politely told me there were no refunds, even if it is not working. Replacements, yes, but no refunds. This is not stated on the pax web site. This is just FYI for those who may need to know...I know I would have liked to find a post like this somewhere before I bought mine. $250 is a mighty big wad to blow for something just to try it out. No offense to those who love it, I can see it's potential for a relatively discreet buzz...though anyone who says it doesn't smell has something wrong with their nose! Blessings to all and happy vaping!

It's true that they don't spell it out, but they do mention they will only refund Tobacco

"We will only accept refunds on tobacco if the tobacco you receive is not the tobacco you have ordered, in which case only unopened containers will be accepted for return and refund within 14 days, or if there is a physical problem with the tobacco itself, such as mold. In instances such as mold, please contact us to arrange a return. We will give you a refund, or an exchange, at your discretion."

http://www.ploom.com/returns-policy

newVaper420,

JoeKickass

My purple Pax arrived last week, and is my very first vaporizer. I love the color and the fun of the alliterative moniker 'purple Pax' but I just don't like it otherwise. Maybe that is because I am only smoking tobacco and legal herbs. Trying to quit smoking cigs and really like ecigs, but the Pax is so much trouble...one must pack it frequently and it doesn't give that satisfying plume of vapor that an ecig or epipe does.
I'll admit I don't use tobacco, but are you packing it down so that it compresses pretty much solid? Or does tobacco stay loose?

I think you'll find much better vapor if you can get the stuff as compressed as you can in the oven, then maybe try starting on high if you need more?

JoeKickass,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Got my vinyl carbon fiber today- it looks sick, easy enough to put on, but the adhesive needs a bit of a kick, Its on now, but it'll surely come off in my pocket. I found another company that gives you 3 different options for adhesive strength, SO, it looks like ill try again. A tip for anyone else getting vinyls, cut a slit over each hole for the x, and then just poke the extra down with a toothpick, it looked professionally done and you cant scratch the finish with a tooth pick. The seam with the carbon fiber is hidden due to the pattern, these sort of things (the seam) bother me, and you couldnt see it at all.

Mr.Krinkle,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
looks just like welder boys :) I took it off, it started peeling on the top, I think I just need to wrap it all the way around once for it to work, I'll try double wrapping it and then ill take a pic. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_a...F8&field-brandtextbin=SimCarbon&node=15684181 This guy has nice stuff, I am going to get the semi clear then I dont have to worry about a cutout on the Pax logo, its a mother bitch to find, the vinyl is not even a little transparent so I had to poke and prod til it felt soft

Mr.Krinkle,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have never ordered anything directly from Ploom. I will give them a thumbs up for fast.
I ordered spare "screens' 2 hours ago.
I got notice of order instantly.
I just got shipping notification, and tracking number, and the tracking number already shows package in route!

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Let me know when it melts off or peels off or turns into an acid and burns your hand off. JK :)
Whoever the OG guy is who had these on for months, do they last? Do you need to redo it every month or so? I got a lot of projects going on at the moment, and Im considering taking this decal project on too lol

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

welderboy

looks just like welder boys :) I took it off, it started peeling on the top, I think I just need to wrap it all the way around once for it to work, I'll try double wrapping it and then ill take a pic. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_a...F8&field-brandtextbin=SimCarbon&node=15684181 This guy has nice stuff, I am going to get the semi clear then I dont have to worry about a cutout on the Pax logo, its a mother bitch to find, the vinyl is not even a little transparent so I had to poke and prod til it felt soft
Not mine ,,,,, I have no wrap
IMG_20130211_081345_zpsc2ad6f3a.jpg

welderboy,
Reactions: Vitolo

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Not mine ,,,,, I have no wrap
sorry thought it was you, someone just bought the vinyl I linked, they added a pic. I reskined it and it stays if you pull it real tight, I used torch with a hot air shroud to get it on good. Ill ad a pic in a moment.
I took the ploom logo off, I put one on the back where the origonal logo is. Its cool vinyl, it looks super realistic, shimmers and changes hue as I turn it side to side
IMG_5523_zps6ce2ee77.jpg

IMG_5537_zps7b86c92b.jpg
OG and Kem-4:wave:
IMG_1057_zps17b9d839.jpg

Mel Samgour

I have a tendency to sneeze more than usual while using my PAX. I don't mind at all but I was wondering if this happens to anybody else?

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
me, not sure if its just winter stuff tho, BUT, my nose runs like crazy when I use it every time and I usually have to blow massive snot rockets :lol: Side note, I switched chargers and did a timed charge and that did not change the charge times, old one gets a half hour faster charge then my new one. weird! The chargers are different incase you were thinking to yourself, what difference will that make. one is higher output, 120 vs 240, Just noticed they revised their Q and A too hahah

Q. What kind of battery is it and how do I charge it? How long does it take to charge? What capacity is the battery? How long will it hold a charge?
A. Lithium ion rechargeable internal battery charges via included plug-in charging dock and reaches full charge in under two hours. Charge lasts for up to 2 hours of continuous use. Battery is a 2600 mAh capacity. Temperature setting and use will affect the length of charge.

This is the section that made me return two of my Pax I am certain it used to say 1 hour :lol:

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
sorry thought it was you, someone just bought the vinyl I linked, they added a pic. I reskined it and it stays if you pull it real tight, I used torch with a hot air shroud to get it on good. Ill ad a pic in a moment. I took the ploom logo off, I put one on the back where the origonal logo is. Its cool vinyl, it looks super realistic, shimmers and changes hue as I turn it side to side
IMG_5523_zps6ce2ee77.jpg

IMG_5537_zps7b86c92b.jpg
OG and Kem-4:wave:
IMG_1057_zps17b9d839.jpg
Looks just like mine! I put a pax sticker on too but quickly decided I didn't care for it either. I also used my butane torch with the hot air tip. Interested in the semi clear stuff too as cutting out the x sucks!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Yes, it was you! confused you for someone else. Just did the other and I cant find the x, Ive poked around a lot and I have a general idea, but I cant find it. meh. lol- Looks good though. That guy does a transparent dark blue that I bet would look nice with the blue pax

Mr.Krinkle,

MolecularConcept

Man I love my PAX really great flavor! Where you find ploom stickers at?? Also car charger!??? Where?

Weird the 3600mah bat doesn't work with the bat indicator. I wonder why that is this device is 3.7v right

Ingenious little device

MolecularConcept,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Man I love my PAX really great flavor! Where you find ploom stickers at?? Also car charger!??? Where?

Weird the 3600mah bat doesn't work with the bat indicator. I wonder why that is this device is 3.7v right

Ingenious little device
its programmed to not loose less than 50% power in the cell, I might be wrong on this, but I remember reading somewhere it only uses half of its cell to maintain its life. so at 50% its dead, at 50% of the upgraded battery its enough for the unit to still register as yellow. Probably. My guess. :lol:
Stickers are from Ploom, car charger is from a cobra radar detector I believe, you can get them on amazon for 6-8 bucks

Mr.Krinkle,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I have never ordered anything directly from Ploom. I will give them a thumbs up for fast.
I ordered spare "screens' 2 hours ago.
I got notice of order instantly.
I just got shipping notification, and tracking number, and the tracking number already shows package in route!

I've had two similar experiences ordering from Ploom. Very solid.

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Vitolo

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Hey guys here's a weird yet pax related question.
Does anybody else's uvula (the hangy thing in ur throat) feel weird after a session with their pax? Sometimes mine feels weird, it's hard to explain like I'm just more aware of it I guess. Kinda odd question I know but, I just did a sesh and had that feeling so I thought I'd see whether or not if I was alone.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

JoeKickass

Pax can be harsh if you're hitting it fast, try slowing it down or holding a hit for a few sec's in your mouth to let it cool

JoeKickass,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom