Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharSadehBeast

I am still working on reading up on all the posts, but I noticed some folks have tested out hash/concentrates. I'm curious to know about the medicated effects of vaping hash out of the Pax vs smoking it. Anyone here use hash/concentrates in the Pax on a regular basis?

CharSadehBeast,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I like to roll up a little bho "worm" once or twice a week and throw it between a couple layers of flowers. It works very very well. Much thicker denser clouds. (and that's on low)

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm a big fan of the low setting too. I will get a couple of stirs out of the low setting before I crank it up any higher, and the pack down method is what I use as well. Sometimes I can get the load to pop out as a brick, and just flip that over, and press it back in. It usually falls apart though, so I end up stirring and packing.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Anyone had success with little dabs of bubble hash in an otherwise empty oven?

Or is it simply not enough without some bud packed in there.

darkrom,

I'd be worried about the residue coating the oven and maybe even dripping down into the vapor tube. Sandwiching the bh between two layers of herb contains the residue so you don't harm any Pax components.

TheDudeNextDoor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
2 things here.

I'd make sure to hold it vertically so it wouldn't "drip" up haha.

2nd thing I've been meaning to bring up in this thread is what about a long stainless steel rod that is the same dimension as the hole running through the pax? Couldn't you then heat the pax to high temp and while it is hot push this stainless rod through the pax, thus cleaning AND reclaiming?

darkrom,

filteredhead

2nd thing I've been meaning to bring up in this thread is what about a long stainless steel rod that is the same dimension as the hole running through the pax? Couldn't you then heat the pax to high temp and while it is hot push this stainless rod through the pax, thus cleaning AND reclaiming?
Have used a long Ti rod to clean/reclaim, the HE flat tip dabber fits the Pax vapor tube nicely:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-291#post-336443

filteredhead,
Reactions: darkrom

BlazednConfused

Fill this whole street with uppercut
Does anyone feel that the newer versions of the pax are worth a shit? I really like the look of them, I see it as being one of the few vapes I could ACTUALLY use in a public setting without looking retarded (MFLB aside, because I always look retarded hitting it). Cera seems nice but I'm not into giving fellatio to white phallic rods, although the engineering seems to be about 100x better. Davinci seems nice, especially for the price but it also doesn't feel very stealthy.

The pax warranty is good for 10 years no matter how many times it malfunctions?

How long would you say you have to wait to receive a replacement if this occurs on average?

BlazednConfused,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Does anyone feel that the newer versions of the pax are worth a shit? I really like the look of them, I see it as being one of the few vapes I could ACTUALLY use in a public setting without looking retarded (MFLB aside, because I always look retarded hitting it). Cera seems nice but I'm not into giving fellatio to white phallic rods, although the engineering seems to be about 100x better. Davinci seems nice, especially for the price but it also doesn't feel very stealthy.

The pax warranty is good for 10 years no matter how many times it malfunctions?

How long would you say you have to wait to receive a replacement if this occurs on average?

I love my pax, but I feel sorry for you if the only reason you won't get the cera is because of its shape.

I love mt

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.

I use keef, works great- Kinda cool if you want to see a magic disappearing act (I fill my oven a little less than half, cook it and reopen, and it looks like there was never any thing in there)
I'm a big fan of the low setting too. I will get a couple of stirs out of the low setting before I crank it up any higher, and the pack down method is what I use as well. Sometimes I can get the load to pop out as a brick, and just flip that over, and press it back in. It usually falls apart though, so I end up stirring and packing.
Low is where its at! :D I noticed the brick thing too, almost exclusively happens on low, pretty damn convenient.
edit- Keef and concentrates resinate this much worse than bud, so be prepared to clean it after a day of use. And I mean a day. :lol:

Mr.Krinkle,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
With my new caregiver's strains....I'm lucky if I get 3 bowls before I need to clean this...seriously.

As my cannabis quality went up drastically, this vape became more of a pain in the ass, but I still love it.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
With my new caregiver's strains....I'm lucky if I get 3 bowls before I need to clean this...seriously.

As my cannabis quality went up drastically, this vape became more of a pain in the ass, but I still love it.

:lol: I want.

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
My stuff looks absolutely frosted in diamonds. It leaves a pretty thick residue in the pax as well.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

JoeKickass

Hehehe since you asked for it:
Enough battery swaps and battery-powered chargers, today I'm going back to pictures!

OicIE.jpg

mmm hash plant hash
cZLGo.jpg

ELaWY.jpg

a full bowl
LpXmF.jpg

Turned out to be very sticky, taste was typical hash taste (pretty earthy)
sWkrH.jpg

It was oily but dumped easily enough
ATfWH.jpg

8TIXq.jpg

It didn't crumble like I thought it would, so it probably has lots of thc still in there
7B2MT.jpg

Reloaded for round 2!
bb2Jy.jpg

Didn't dump out so easily this time
lbqqH.jpg

JXoKX.jpg

The plate got a bit dirty but not too bad for how resiny it was!
LTWgG.jpg

But instead of cleaning the Pax (because I rarely do) let's try a herbal remedy
ExAa9.jpg

This should get the hash taste out nicely
DKMOY.jpg

Zoom In, this is a nice one!
4tyDH.jpg

Taste was almost as good as flower! much better than the hash
fAOf6.jpg

Abv is milk chocolate, ignore the hair, that came after I dumped the bowl lol
t1KEg.jpg

And still the Pax can be cleaned with a paperclip/toothpick/etc.
sLGDa.jpg

Let's see a convection vape do that :cool:
One of my best posts for sure, make sure to enlarge the kief pic! I loved it so much it's my avatar!

God that makes me want another kief bowl... :drool:

ogcook

Well my fellow Paxians, I join your ranks today. The LHS finally had them in stock so I could actually get my hands on one before finalizing my decision. Got it for $230! Sadly I'm in my night class right now, I have it charging sitting on the desk here. If anyone asks it's just a 4G dongle or maybe an external drive? :brow:
Should be a fun drive home!

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I hate it. Please dont poison this thread with your swag pictures. :lol: What strains are those? the one second from the bottom is so dangerous looking

ogcook

So, two bowl report. One mostly on the drive home, then finished that one and packed another. I find it's getting great coverage even without flipping or stirring. I'm not a fan of letting it get too dark. Mostly using it on medium. Good taste, not as nice as my T1 but conduction vs convection going on there. ABV is coming out a bit darker than in my T1 and Evolution though. I think it will be a hit with the GF too, the Thermovapes would have required a bit too much lung strength for decent hits.
Looks like I got one of the 'newer' black ones based on what the finish looks like.
I say so far, I can see it being worth the $230 I grabbed mine for!
:love:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I hate it. Please dont poison this thread with your swag pictures. :lol: What strains are those? the one second from the bottom is so dangerous looking
Mostly afghan kush, little bit of blue cheese at the end. The buds in the second to last pic is a little creation of my own that I haven't really put out there yet. (top secret) and yes it's absolutely dangerous!

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
What's up guys, just mentioned on another page that I'm new to these forums, but thought I'd share my Pax Vape review video. Feel free to share criticism or tell me if you enjoyed it! I'm still loving my Pax (although it's a pain in the ass to clean), and it's definitely been worth the investment in my opinion.

Pax By Ploom (Unboxing/Review)
Hope you guys enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom