1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by frayded, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Purrito Purrpants

Purrito Purrpants Vapurrist

I don't know where you got your Pax from, but VapeWorld sent me a free MP when I started having those issues (which was less than a week from when I got it). I've had the new one for almost three weeks now, and it is much less problematic than my first one. It's just my experience, but maybe a new MP would help you too.

2. Bankrupt-Music

Bankrupt-Music Amnesia

Just contacted the Pax site directly and they are sending me postage to send mine in for repair/replacement. Hopefully i get one thats less faulty

GratefulVapor likes this.
  3. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

How did you manage to get postage??? I had to pay to send mine back to vapeworld...20 clams :(

4. Bankrupt-Music

Bankrupt-Music Amnesia

Went through pax directly. Skipped the free grinder for the direct support.

SoCalShore and TheDudeNextDoor like this.
  5. VapeVoice

VapeVoice Well-Known Member

I did the same and spoke to Hart. What a wonderful, easy customer service experience. I wish more companies were like this! New mouthpiece on the way!

SoCalShore likes this.
  6. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

Exactly why I did it as well. I'd much rather deal directly with the manufacturer, especially for a product that is obviously a little finicky at working right. It was the 10-year warranty and direct manufacturer sale that convinced me to put aside my worries and go for the Pax in the first place. I would have been much less likely to pull the trigger if I would have had to go through a vendor. Nothing against vendors at all, but seems when the price is exactly the same directly from the manufacturer, you know you're getting the most up-to-date model, and you deal with them directly. I don't know why anyone would go any other way given that choice.

SoCalShore likes this.
  7. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably would have been better off...I hate having to spend another 20 bucks on an already expensive product.

GratefulVapor likes this.
  8. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

I hear you brother. That would have irked me to no end.

Tweek likes this.
  9. Bankrupt-Music

Bankrupt-Music Amnesia

Spoke to Hart too. Good stuff

10. theblackhippie

theblackhippie Member

hey everybody got my pax today!

got it on the charger as we speak gave it a test run....and it's the best thing ever invented,...besides bongs.

even small then i expected blown away .

mouth piece does click like a pen more like a sliding down motion

SoCalShore and Purrito Purrpants like this.
  11. xclarryx

xclarryx Active Member

can someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me why my pax flashes red battery after 1 not even totally full trench after a full charge? my pax is one of the best things I've bought all year but this low battery all the time deal is really bugging me.

also I'd like to note this is my first serious problem with my pax that I've owned about 2 months; I've had this problem the last 3 weeks or so with it getting worse the past few days.

12. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I would contact Ploom Chat on their website, next Monday to set up an exchange, that sounds like a bad battery to me. It would at least be worth looking into to see what the problem might be.

13. GratefulVapor

GratefulVapor Phish Head

I am having some MAJOR problems with my PAX. I have used it twice, & now the mouthpiece refuses to 'pop - out'; which means it won't(can't) turn on & is recessed into the device. I heated it up externally incase it was 'sticky'..heated a lot..& the thing is not budging. It pushes in, but not a "click" & it doesn't move very far(some movement though). What the heck is going on?! Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on how to FORCE/PULL the mouthpiece out(or should I not do that...voids warranty perhaps?), or general help. :cry: :huh: :shrug:

14. nomad

nomad Member

I just soaked my MP again. After only 2 ovens there are particulates up in the mouthpiece again.

I was extremely mindfull of my draws- pulling so slow that it felt like I was holding my breath- and only stirred once per oven load.

Looks like its time to get creative.

I believe someone mentioned trying two screens. I don't think the particles are going thru the screen but instead going around it thru the large gaps in the corner of the oven where the screen fits poorly.

I think I'll email PAX also and see what they have to say.

NOMAD

15. Mendohead

Mendohead Active Member

I hate to say it, but the pax is such a tempermental PIAA....I practically retired it 4 weeks after i got it, Oy

16. Purrito Purrpants

Purrito Purrpants Vapurrist

GV, I had that same problem. I heated up my Pax with a blow dryer and then very gently depressed the MP until I felt it "give" and it popped up slowly. You definitely need to clean it - there are pics here. Good luck and happy T-giving :peace:

SoCalShore and GratefulVapor like this.
  17. Boss

Boss Member

My Pax is due here tomorrow! FedEx says it should be delivered by 4:30 tomorrow but it's currently sitting in Memphis while I'm in Iowa. A little nervous, I need it this weekend!

18. Mendohead

Mendohead Active Member

! dont wanna bash the pax more, but, i feel a little ripped off. All these posts are mostly about various issues with the pax. After spending that much on it, i would like to think it should not be so damn sensitive. Ive read the analogy of the pax as fine european cars, but whatever... wish the designers had more forward thinking. Does anyone feel me on this?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Vape it if you got it

19. green2brown

green2brown Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the sample size of customers on this forum relative to the entire customer population. When people have issues, they search online and find help through forums. A thoroughly satisfied customer is a lot less likely to post about his or her experience than a customer who has a faulty/problematic unit.

Mendohead likes this.
  20. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

It's still early but no problems with my Pax yet. I do feel you, though. I keep waiting for something to start going wrong. lol. Hopefully I won't have issues, but if I do, I plan to take full advantage of the 10-year warranty. It would suck to be without my Pax for a little while, but I have backups, so not a huge problem. What kind of gets me about all of it is that those who take advantage of the warranty service always gush about the great customer service, yet it seems so many who are having issues are trying to resolve it themselves and then getting upset when they have continued problems. I don't get that. I understand the irritation, but why not take advantage of the excellent warranty and reputably superb customer service?

SoCalShore, Mendohead and green2brown like this.
  21. Bankrupt-Music

Bankrupt-Music Amnesia

Ill say I'm a little disappointed I got a dud myself. Like I told Hart from Pax, at the $250 price tag I shouldn't have to play with it 5 minutes to get it to heat up properly. That's bullshit. Seems people have similiar issues and that worries me further.

Seems like a great company with great support so hopefully the replacement is satisfactory. I want to like the Pax

Mendohead likes this.
  22. Bankrupt-Music

Bankrupt-Music Amnesia

And happy holidays to those celebrating

23. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

If you re-read what you wrote I think you'll realize what needs to happen...

Send it back!

I'm using the original pax with original mouthpiece, I just empty the bowl and clean every 1-2 weeks, I get 1 temp or MP issue but once fixed it doesn't happen again...

24. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

Learned a valuable lesson today. When cleaning the Pax, don't forget to replace the screen and leave it on the kitchen counter for your wife to throw away because she has no idea what that little burnt-looking metal thing is. It's no fun to dig through Thanksgiving trash trying to find an elusive, tiny little piece of metal among coffee grounds and food stuffs.

I am thankful, however, that I found the little bastard quite literally as I was saying, "There is no way we are going to find this damn thing."

Don't forget the screen and get a couple backups just in case. Lesson learned.

25. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Along that line, when you are poking a pipe cleaner through make sure you are ready to catch the screen. Sometimes it just drops out, but if it catches and you have to apply force, well...

Apparently it can travel a long way and be quite difficult to find. So I've heard, anyway.

Tweek likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors