Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
honestly, I don't know why so many peole want to remove the spring. From what I have read, the spring itself does not get dirty (so far nobody has claimed they pulled a dirty spring anyway) so why pull it out? I just use the dental brush around the outside of the tube, and it seems to work just fine.

I've pulled my spring to find it very sticky with resin. I also feel I get a better cleaning in that void when the spring is removed.

Deadshort480,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for the replies, the past few posts I remember reading said the spring had no residue on it, but if you are finding it helpful, by all means... but it was just mentioned that Ploom said not to remove the spring, incase anyone missed that... I have not tried removing mine yet, as I haven't had a real need to mess with it like that. It's just working.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Yeah so idk if maybe my spring has resin on it because I can hold it a certain way, it stays purple and I let it heat up then mess with the several clicks to make a stable connection from MP to the base. When its cold it rarely starts up like brand new. Thanks for the feedback. I do NOT want to ship the product back, as I dont think there is anything wrong with the device itself.

Live-N-Learn,

Deadshort480

Ploom also recommends a cleaning routine that has screwed up a few Pax, just sayin. I've removed my spring quite a few times and haven't run into an issue. You just have to do it correctly. Most people just do things without thinking, so I can see Ploom receiving a bunch of Pax with stretched out springs from people just trying to yank them out.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Yeah I dont see a way that I feel comfortable removing the spring. I can barely even see a spring.

Live-N-Learn,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
reading some of these posts about using ABV to fill your herb chamber in order to needing less fresh material... it got me thinking...if you empty your oven after a session with the ABV as a filler, won't you end up with abv wich is, for a part, even darker then usual? and if you use this ABV again for a next session...don't you after awhile end up with very old multiple times vaporized and very dark ABV that is going to ruin the good taste of the fresh material??

I experimented with the 50% ABV/50% green load, and I'm here to tell you it tastes to me like crap right from the start. I am fussy about the taste, so perhaps others don't find it as bad. For me it completely ruins that first flavourful hit and goes downhill rapidly even for the Pax, which is rather poor at delivering flavour at the best of times. Here's how I get the best flavour out of my Pax, keeping in mind that "best" is relative:
  1. Use just enough to cover the bottom of the oven.
  2. Don't pack. (There shouldn't be enough to pack anyway.)
  3. Use only the low setting.
  4. Vape it all in one session.
I think the part that really deserves attention is the clip/contact point that hold the mouth piece in. When that area gets resiny, that's where all the sketchy connection issues comes from.

Because you can't emphasize this enough.

Tweek

I have been using only fresh in mine, starting on low and then finishing on medium. I agree that you get the best taste this way. High darkens it way too much for me.

Tweek,

Deadshort480

EPCOT!!!

I was thinking about getting a shot in front of every country, but I'm way too stoned for that much work. Off to eat some good food at this International Food and Wine Festival.

2012-11-07162619.jpg

Espo

Ploom also recommends a cleaning routine that has screwed up a few Pax, just sayin. I've removed my spring quite a few times and haven't run into an issue. You just have to do it correctly. Most people just do things without thinking, so I can see Ploom receiving a bunch of Pax with stretched out springs from people just trying to yank them out.

Yes, my mouthpiece got stuck, I contacted Pax, they told me to dip the metal tube on the mouthpiece in ISO and put it into the Pax and push it in and out a few times, and repeat the ISO dip until the resin is gone, but the ISO got onto my temp button making it stick and when I pushed it in to try and free it the button dropped into the Pax. I should have figured ISO would get onto the button but I was just following their instructions and was frustrated because my "clean" pax's mouthpiece was stuck and I couldn't get it out.

Espo,
EPCOT!!!

I was thinking about getting a shot in front of every country, but I'm way too stoned for that much work. Off to eat some good food at this International Food and Wine Festival.

2012-11-07162619.jpg
Amazing shot! This is a great idea for a photo series. Like when someone takes a stuffed animal around the world and have pictures in front of cool spots.

Deadshort480

Why don't you take a nice dip in that big lake in the middle of the park?

Negative, sir. It's as cold as a witch's titty out here right now.

Disney World is starting to get on my fucking nerves. The people that come here all need a good old fashion kick in the ass. Nobody knows how to say excuse me or thank you. People just stop and stand in the middle of where everyone is walling. No one knows how to control their children or gives a shit what they even do.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!

+1!

My spring removal technique works fine (with the MF old brush) and can be useful for many pax users!
I fact my classified pax was clean visually but the spring was totally resinous Jam!

FLskwat,

SoCalShore

I just got back from my mom's place, she is home feeling pain from her hip. I took over my Pax to help her out and she loved it. This is the first time that I have been open with my Pax lifestyle to her. Now I'm at home, chillin with my Pax, reflecting on the day, and I'm realizing that if I knew how open minded she was while I was growing up we might have had a better relationship. Or....she was at the end of the rope with her pain, I was her last resort. Either way, I can see her wanting a Pax or a Vape soon. So, put this one in the Instruction manual....A family the Pax's together, stays together. :lmao:

Jethro

Negative, sir. It's as cold as a witch's titty out here right now.

Disney World is starting to get on my fucking nerves. The people that come here all need a good old fashion kick in the ass. Nobody knows how to say excuse me or thank you. People just stop and stand in the middle of where everyone is walling. No one knows how to control their children or gives a shit what they even do.

Are you staying in the park? Becasue I could never handle that. Place is crazy.

Not like anyone asked, but I thought it was aproppriate to mention... I've used my PAX for a good week with no issue. The only thing that happens sometimes, when it's not clean, the temp light comes on instead of the heating light. A little fiddle of the mouthpiece is all it takes and later, give it a quick clean and it's back in business, like brand new. I bought every pack of Dills pipe cleaners they had at the Rite-Aid the other day, and a huge box of 70% wipe packets just like ploom supplies with the device. About $24 bucks and I should be able to clean for the next year. My battery also seems to be condiditoning well too. I get a good 4 oven fulls before I see the red light. That's plenty.

I also vaped out the most people at once at the family reunion last weekend, 4 of us at once. Was worried it wouldn't be up to the task, but I packed a massive oven of the sticky stinky and fired it up on medium, entered party mode and sessioned. Everyone loved it, Dad loved it and so did his old lady (who doesn't partake) becasue it didn't stink up the house with reefer like we usually do! She actually said, "that smells great!" Fucking PAX is awesome.

I'll still testify that I use more green than I ever did before. But I believe that could be most due to the fact that I am new to vaping completely, and this device has thrown my tolerance through the roof. The high grade I have right now tastes so good through this thing, it's just impossible to resist the nice, thick tasty clouds this device is capable of!

Mendohead

Oh, yeah. We're staying at a resort in Disney. It is fucking insane around here. I'm a pretty easy going guy, especially when baked, but these people make me want to go into face punching mode.

Thats friggin hilarious... 'face punching mode'. But, no face punching mode, maybe another pull o' the pax...

Deadshort480

A bit of a redemption tonight as I was able to get a fantastic session in during the fireworks show at EPCOT. I wanted to take pics, but I was so into the show (and stoned) that I completely spaced. We'll be doing it again tomorrow night so hopefully I can snap a picture or two. The fireworks were amazing. I was enthralled by the show that they put on.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
A bit of a redemption tonight as I was able to get a fantastic session in during the fireworks show at EPCOT. I wanted to take pics, but I was so into the show (and stoned) that I completely spaced. We'll be doing it again tomorrow night so hopefully I can snap a picture or two. The fireworks were amazing. I was enthralled by the show that they put on.

ooooooooooooooooooo fireworks....pretty colors wowwwwwwwwwwwww:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom