Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, the screen plate is not supposed to lay flat, it is supposed to let air get under it so the vapor has a way to get to the air path. It should go in slightly tilted.

jambandphan03,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

i usually put it in the oven so there is a small space between the screen and the hole and push the middle down with a pen cap. If I push to hard it pops back out and if I push to easy it won't stay in. there is a sweet spot.

Your exactly right.

Every time i think its in good. It pops right out. :bang:

Thanks for the advice.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Yeah, the screen plate is not supposed to lay flat, it is supposed to let air get under it so the vapor has a way to get to the air path. It should go in slightly tilted.

That's when it always pops out on me. When I'm trying to leave air space over the hole.

Just like HSIP said: Push to hard and it pops back out. Push to easy and it doesn't stay in.

Sorry, never meant to double post.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Update: So my mouthpiece was gradually sticking more and more and I finally dipped the mouthpiece into vodka and now it works like new again

Futuretvowner,
Reactions: willieR

VapeVoice

Well just got my Pax in and I have to say.... IMPRESSED. I don't have any issues that have been listed yet and I usually keep my portables spic and span anyway so the maintenance shouldn't be an issue. I don't know why I am surprised like everyone else but, the pics and videos make this thing look larger than it is. I actually think this can be just as stealth, if not more, than the MFLB (w/ the stems and batteries). I will let you know in a week or two how tings are going as this will be used strictly as a portable so I want to have enough experiences with it before writing up a full review. Out of the box though, I am a happy camper.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
If Ploom sold that to you, and shipped it directly to you, you should have some recourse for getting it replaced. Have you tried the Ploom chat feature on the support page? They will be in the office for about 45 more minutes.

jambandphan03,

JoeKickass

I don't have any issues that have been listed yet and I usually keep my portables spic and span anyway so the maintenance shouldn't be an issue.

I use mine everyday and clean it every two weeks or so, but poorly cured bud makes it resiny faster I think

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

JoeKickass,

donald420

Superiors aren't in office, can't respond until tomorrow :(
Lol thats what i got told yesterday and still havnt heard anything from them, wish i knew how useless and unwilling to help they were b4 i invested $400 in them

donald420,
I've had my pax for about a month now and I only dry cleaned it once. Still have yet to have problems, but I admit it has seen less use since I got an oil rig. I actually put a good glob of BHO in with some ground bud last night and it got me super faded. Might be my new favorite way to use my Oil because I dont really like the way the TI nail makes it taste and taking straight dabs just destroys me completely.

hawaiiansun,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I have to say, I found a way to fix my temp light issue. I just have to wipe the metal slide of the mouthpiece with an alcohol wipe and it seems to work every time if I have an issue. Is this dangerous to use? I figure it's heating up, so the ISO and water should be evaporated by the time I use it.

newVaper420,

brett

Sweet bought a charger and it looks like it's charging now, will test it out on the way home hopefully it's a good vapie

brett,
Heya everyone!

I've been reading a lot about the Pax Vaporizer by now (a lot of this thread too) and was finally thinking about getting one.

I've been reading some posts where they have problems with the thing blowing up while charging(?!). I think this was mostly from Australians - so.. Here comes my question - I'm from Germany and we use 230Volt, what would I need to charge this thing?
I was going to order it from a 3rd party site (vapeworld), since ploom doesn't ship internationally yet.

It would be nice if someone would be able to answer this! :)

kind regards, panda

pandasaurus,

brett

I got mine shipped through myus.com via ploom.com, it's excellent service. Get a :

9V DC 1.3A with a 1.3mm right angle plug

As previously mentioned in this thread, for your country (i.e whatever AC get the output to this DC), and you shouldn't have a prob..

After blowing up my charger, this new charger is working well and i don't have some bulky plug converted on it..

I should add my converter outputs 9V DC 1.67 AMP 1.4MM plug and this doesn't seem to be an issue.

brett,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
So I was in my local head shop today talking to them about this vape. I swear that I have seen in the reviews, seen where people have posted it on here, but he would not stop insisting that the Pax was PURELY for concentrates and unless you get a secondary chamber, one for purely flowers, that I would be disappointed with the Pax.

Can someone clarify this for me? I have been lurking on the forum for a while, joined up and have only been on this thread.

I apologize if this has been covered, and is a repeated post (I am a mod on some other forums, so I get the repost) I tried using the search button, but that did not being me to the answer that I wanted.

I have some more questions, but those can wait. Those are dependent on this answer.

Thank you,
College

ILoveCollege,
So I was in my local head shop today talking to them about this vape. I swear that I have seen in the reviews, seen where people have posted it on here, but he would not stop insisting that the Pax was PURELY for concentrates and unless you get a secondary chamber, one for purely flowers, that I would be disappointed with the Pax.

Can someone clarify this for me? I have been lurking on the forum for a while, joined up and have only been on this thread.

I apologize if this has been covered, and is a repeated post (I am a mod on some other forums, so I get the repost) I tried using the search button, but that did not being me to the answer that I wanted.

I have some more questions, but those can wait. Those are dependent on this answer.

Thank you,
College

Maybe he thought you were talking about the Persei?

The Pax is definitely intended for flower.

UpUpandAway,
Reactions: Dogman
I got mine shipped through myus.com via ploom.com, it's excellent service. Get a :

9V DC 1.3A with a 1.3mm right angle plug

As previously mentioned in this thread, for your country (i.e whatever AC get the output to this DC), and you shouldn't have a prob..

I should add my converter outputs 9V DC 1.67 AMP 1.4MM plug and this doesn't seem to be an issue.

Thanks for the myus tip!
Guess I will be using that then!

The things you said afterwards kinda confuse me :p I don't know a lot about that kinda stuff...
Could you link me an example of what I would need? :/ Would really be appreciated.

pandasaurus,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Maybe he thought you were talking about the Persei?

The Pax is definitely intended for flower.

See, this is what I was telling him, but he kept trying to say that there were so many issues and to get the vaporblunt (enjoyed one of these, but it is too big for me to be portable) and then the Iolite (haven't used one, but had friends who did, and no one likes the butane aspect of it). All of this being said, I guess I can ask my other questions now.

I want to get one, but the Mouthpiece issue is a new thing to me, haven't heard much about it.
-I just want to know how long it takes to diagnose if you have a defective Pax, and what you can do about it, I know that you can send in for a new mouthpiece, but I also know that takes a while.​
Also, I know this might be a crazy question..
-Is the Pax TSA proof?​
I have heard that people wrap headphones around it, and everyone thinks that it is an MP3 player, but what is the practical way to travel with it?​
And finally
-I am looking for a portable vaporizer, but I am looking for something that later on, I don't want to get rid of it and something new and better has come out.​
-Is the Pax that device? The guy at the head shop talked about the new VaporBlunt V2, supposedly that is their new portable vaporizer that is soon to come out. Rumored to compare to the Pax and compete with the Pax. Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?​

ILoveCollege,

brett

Thanks for the myus tip!
Guess I will be using that then!

The things you said afterwards kinda confuse me :p I don't know a lot about that kinda stuff...
Could you link me an example of what I would need? :/ Would really be appreciated.

Just take that to an electrical / hobby shop and they will be able to help you.. it's just a plug that goes from your wall to the pax charging station :)

I can only help because of the people that helped me, so thank you all :)

brett,

brett

And DON't PLUG in the US charger into anything other then a US outlet. Friggen dangerous trust me I know..

brett,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom