Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplekush604

Is there anyone in this forum who has the INHALATER INH004 and the PAX?
Other than design, what are the pro's and con's between the two?
Im look for a pax to mainly use it at home, but sometimes on the go. I want it to be portable, thus not opting for a bigger vape like the volcano. Only reason i haven't pulled the trigger on the pax is the issues with the mouthpiece and temperature button.

purplekush604,
Is there anyone in this forum who has the INHALATER INH004 and the PAX?
Other than design, what are the pro's and con's between the two?
Im look for a pax to mainly use it at home, but sometimes on the go. I want it to be portable, thus not opting for a bigger vape like the volcano. Only reason i haven't pulled the trigger on the pax is the issues with the mouthpiece and temperature button.

There's a discussion going on over in the inh thread about this very topic.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...e-portable-vaporizer.5668/page-51#post-284137

UpUpandAway,

CuttyBuddy

So far so good with my Pax. Just that only after about 6-7 uses, the mouthpiece already sticks. Dang!

CuttyBuddy,

brett

I just bought pax, got it into Australia and plugged it in to charge @ my work desk thinking no one will know what it is. It friggen explodes catches on fire and everyone is asking, what is that? far out glad the flying metal didn't put me in hospital. There site sight says supports 240v so no idea WTF happened :(

brett,
I just bought pax, got it into Australia and plugged it in to charge @ my work desk thinking no one will know what it is. It friggen explodes catches on fire and everyone is asking, what is that? far out glad the flying metal didn't put me in hospital. There site sight says supports 240v so no idea WTF happened :(

Wha wha what? Are you serious?!?! :huh:

I would love to have seen that. If no one was harmed in the making of that craziness, then I say that's a story to share for generations. :lmao:

Edit: Oh yeah, sorry for your loss... :\

Dammit

http://www.ploom.com/support#what-voltage-does-the-pax-charger-accept
Whoever sold it to you ripped you off. Looks like they sold you an older model that shouldn't have been shipped overseas. Contact them and demand your money back. If they are a official retailer and don't make things right, contact Ploom. Hopefully Ploom will take care you and pull their product from that retailer because that's straight bullshit. Thankfully you didn't get injured due to their negligence. Of course, this is all assuming you went through the proper channels and were forthright about shipping it to Australia. If not, it's your own fault and you're out $250.

On another note, it's good to know that the new units shipped from Ploom now come with chargers that accepts 100-240v.

Dammit,

brett

I bought it from ploom.com. I've created a support ticket.

I can tell you it was very scary.. I was just showing my work mate as well, and then it happen as I plugged it in. Flames all over the circuit board, the company MD was like, what was that inspecting my desk lol

brett,

brett

I didn't see it clearly labelled either way. I thought I was ok since the website says it supports 240v.

Not sure how I'll go with warranty, but it's my first vapie and not a good experience $260 + $60 shipping gone in 3 secs :(

brett,

Dammit

It's on the part that plugs into the wall, not the base where you put your pax on. I purchased mine back in August and it's clearly marked 100-120v. According to their website:
What voltage does the Pax charger accept?

The original Pax charger accepts 100-120 volts. Pax chargers as of now shipping from Ploom.com accept 100-240 volts. We cannot confirm voltage for devices and chargers sold at individual retailers. Refer to charger label for voltage details.

Either way, I think this one is Ploom's fault since you got it directly from them(you did get it DIRECTLY from them, right?). I'd hope they sent you one with an old charger, or else they could be sending out some potential IEDs. Hope Ploom takes care of you on this one, and more than just giving you another pax because that's some fucked up shit! You're handling like a champ though. I'd be seriously pissed off! Kudos to you!

Dammit,

brett

IED lol, yah I had a moment afterwards thinking holy crap that launched across the room, if it hit my eye the shrapnel could have caused serious damage. Yep got it from them, so will await ticket response tomorrow..

brett,

Dammit

Hate to keep bugging you, but could you please check the charger? It's really bugging me :\
Thanks in advance!

Dammit,

donald420

Will do tomorrow it's @ work :)
sup bro i live in new zealand i got a pax as well but had to get a adapter so that what happened to yours wouldnt happen to mine haha, anyways i started having mouthpiece issues so i contacted them today and asked them what to do we established i needed a new MP they said they would send me 1 till they found out my address after that they wanted nothing to do with me and pretty much told me 2 bad its my fault i bought it and got it sent thru a shipping company and there not going to help me even tho the issue i had from the get go out of the box yet its my fault and they didnt want to have to spend $70 to send me a new 1 they even said that so i very much doubt they are going to want anything to do with you soz bro

donald420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Wow, what a scary situation. I know some E cigs have been known to blow up. I guess anything using Li-on is subject to this behavior. My thought in this situation is, if Ploom refuses to work with you due to being out of the country, then maybe you can contact your credit card company and claim they sent you a faulty device, and get your money back that way.

jambandphan03,

Espo

Week 9 with my Pax and thought I would check back in.

Its been working flawless for me! (knocking on wood)
The battery lasted me a whole weekend while camping, and still flashed yellow on my ride home.
I ONLY vape on high anymore, espically with bubble hash sandwiched between 2 beds of flowers.
I experienced the sticky mouthpiece just once, and I thoroughly cleaned the mouthpiece with 90% ISO as well as the vapor path. I still haven't figured out a way to clean the spring area which seems to get gunked up, but I did dip the metal part of the mouthpiece in ISO and pushed it back into the Pax a few time over and over and it solved my problem.
VapeWorld sent me a replacement oven door and its working a lot better than the one my Pax came with. It was too hard to draw from, and now its as easy as hitting a joint/blunt.

I started to notice last week that the Pax wasn't producing thick vapor or clouds like it was when I first got it. I use to get choked up while vaping on high, but not so much anymore. Maybe it has to do with the quality of herbs I am using. I am going to pick up some new herbs this week and check back in with a new strain and crop.

Lastly I ordered 3 sets of replacement screens the day I bought my Pax (Aug 3) and I still dont have them. I just talked to VW and they told me they expect them in from Ploom on Oct 18, so we shall see.

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Lastly I ordered 3 sets of replacement screens the day I bought my Pax (Aug 3) and I still dont have them. I just talked to VW and they told me they expect them in from Ploom on Oct 18, so we shall see.

Ya im still waiting for a screen from mid august.

I'm realistically expecting it by xmas lol

JDSupreme,

Sonics420

So far so good with my Pax. Just that only after about 6-7 uses, the mouthpiece already sticks. Dang!
yep it sucks.. still sticks on me all the time. im getting an arizer shipped to me.. if this thing out performs the pax, especially on the cleaning tip.. the pax might get returned..

worst part about the sticking is the temp light issue you might have later..

Sonics420,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Does any one have a tip to get the screen in place?

Since the first day i popped it out. I can't seem to get it back into place.

It always rocks back and forth when I'm trying to pack the herb.

Sometimes it even falls out when i am dumping the oven.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

HSIHP

Does any one have a tip to get the screen in place?

Since the first day i popped it out. I can't seem to get it back into place.

It always rocks back and forth when I'm trying to pack the herb.

Sometimes it even falls out when i am dumping the oven.

i usually put it in the oven so there is a small space between the screen and the hole and push the middle down with a pen cap. If I push to hard it pops back out and if I push to easy it won't stay in. there is a sweet spot.

HSIHP,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom