Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ats314

Although I ended up returning my Pax (still considering replacing), I can attest the customer service was top notch the whole way through. They sent me out a pre-paid shipping label, received the item in 2 days, and had me fully refunded on the third. I have my concerns with the Pax but customer service is certainly not one of them.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Got my new Pax today and it is charging right now. I sent the faulty unit out on Monday, they had the unit by Wednesday, they shipped out same day, and now I have a new Pax on Friday. Amazing. I would like to use it, but I took some Green Dragon about an hour ago and I am flying right now. Maybe I'll take some test his later. :D

Shrimpanzee

First snow of the season last night, so I took a little hike to enjoy.... things.
fYLgU.jpg

aj0125

What do you guys use to run your Pax through water? Like a sleeve of some sort? Where would I get such a thing? I would really like to try running vapor through water, my home unit is a volcano and I haven't found a good way to run that through water either, but It seems the Pax should be much easier...

aj0125,

Ontariovapes

I use a two inch piece of fairly stiff half inch ID tubing. You have to distort it to fit over then oval mouthpiece but then it's stays put. The other end fits perfectly in an 18mm glass joint. Total cost of about five cents.

aj0125

I use a two inch piece of fairly stiff half inch ID tubing. You have to distort it to fit over then oval mouthpiece but then it's stays put. The other end fits perfectly in an 18mm glass joint. Total cost of about five cents.

I'm sorry for being so dumb, but what is ID tubing? Is it a specific kind of medical tubing or something? Where would I get some? What diameter should it be? Thank you for the help.

aj0125,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well, I feel like today, I finally had my first ridiculous session with the Pax. Well, I've been using the Pax, but strictly as portable. My Cloud has busted, so I am using the Pax / WISPR and EQ as my main unit till the Cloud comes back. So this evening, I said, let me go with the Pax. I had .25 in it, but didn't use it.... And here's the trick. I said, what the hell, let me put in another .1.

I packed it down real tight, using the Vape MiniTool as discussed here. :-) I used Low. I was getting ridiculous clouds. I was like what the hell, this is awesome. Then I decided let's bump it up to medium. Holy shit, I took a ridiculous rip. It was insane. I'm vaped to the max right now. I was not having too many issues with my temp light until almost the end which made me somewhat happy. I really hope my mouthpiece is defective and the new one VapeWorld sends me causes a lot less issues. I clean it thoroughly but still have a problem every session, so hopefully I'm good.

I love this unit. I decided to let the Pax rest and use the WISPR these past two days, but boy, do I think the Pax kills the WiSPR.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm sorry for being so dumb, but what is ID tubing? Is it a specific kind of medical tubing or something? Where would I get some? What diameter should it be? Thank you for the help.

ID=inner diameter, so you need to find some silicone tubing with it inner diameter of 1/2".

I am using some 1/2" OD=outer diameter soft silicone tubing that stretches over the mouthpiece pretty good, and fits in my 14mm adapter.

Dammit

Thanks. What store could I get some at? Or do I have to order some online? Thanks again.
PlanetVape carries silicone tubing for dirt cheap!
https://www.planetvape.ca/silcon-high-temp-silicone-vaporizer-tubing.html

I would really like to try running vapor through water, my home unit is a volcano and I haven't found a good way to run that through water either, but It seems the Pax should be much easier...
I just came across this too, which was just released, but it looks like it's already sold out! I think they are releasing them in small batches though so keep an eye out.
https://www.planetvape.ca/volcano-easy-valve-gong-adapter.html

Dammit,

Nycdeisel

Thanks again Jamband, I was just on the McMaster-Carr site looking for the proper size, and perfect timing I see you mention it again :)

druminfected

Finally Caught up, so here we go!

I would also like to highlight the fact that flipping/stirring is as easy as it gets in the Pax. I usually have to stir the bowl in almost complete darkness. I do this in a very simple/quick 3 step process. First I take a key or another skinny object and stir the bud around inside of the heating chamber. Next I tap the Pax with my index and middle finger for about 3 seconds to shake all of the bud back into the chamber and lastly I repack the bud tightly by pressing it down with my finger.

Your finger must be made of medical grade stuff! I almost burn my fingers on the oven lid itself!

Concerns: it flashed orange a number of times (10?) and then shut down. I spoke with a tech rep and this issue is "not self-correcting". He recommended I return for replacement but the device works great. All I wanted to know was what had caused this issue, but he didn't want to answer that. This only happened once and it was pretty hot at the time. I just turned it off and then back on, no problems since..

Weird, this happened to me too after only 2 sessions of using a full charge, and I sent the unit back like they said, and they didn't tell me no self-correcting, but they did tell me their engineers tested my unit and it left it on high setting for 90 minutes with no problems, and asked if I wanted it sent back now. Not sure it they will get the same results if they just leave it on all that time and not turn it off and on like I did, but 2 session before the battery goes dead is very weak, when I see most of you getting 8!

More concerning to me was the orange lights that blinked and turned off my unit that i had to pop my mouthpiece up and down to get it to restart. But the whole situation is definitely not good.

Sent mine in because of my units battery dying way faster than normal after 2 sessions this flash red light then turn off problem happened. Like I said I sent it back like they asked and they said nothing was wrong with it because it stayed on for 90 minutes with no problems, so they are sending it back now. Really hope they fixed the problem, but they said there wasn't one.

druminfected,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Not sure it they will get the same results if they just leave it on all that time and not turn it off and on like I did, but 2 session before the battery goes dead is very weak, when I see most of you getting 8!

What are you calling a session? When I use the Pax, it's on for maybe five minutes and I'll hit it two or three times over that. Then it's off for 20-30 minutes, repeat. Sometimes if I'm sharing with my wife there's be twice as many hits, but still about five minutes on time. This is usually at yellow. I don't go higher until yellow stops giving me vapour.

I can't get anywhere near eight sessions like this, but I don't need to. The load will be done long before that, and I'll recharge before I reload the oven. Usually when I go to recharge, shaking it flashes red which means it wouldn't finish a second oven anyway. I never let it go completely flat.

I think (but I haven't tested) that if you don't turn it on and off as often then you don't waste as much battery and that will give you more sessions. To be honest, I think judging the battery life of the Pax is difficult because your usage patterns make a big difference. For example, the harder you hit it then the more it cools off so more battery is used keeping it up to temperature. If you hit it more frequently same effect to some degree, but you might be able to cash a whole oven in a shorter time and save battery life with less overall on time. If you wait long enough for the light to go blue then you waste more battery bringing it back up to temperature even though blue means it's gone into battery saving mode. What's the tradeoff? I wish I knew. I wish I knew a good standard method to test these things, but I haven't figured one out yet.

One thing I wanted to try is to take it fresh off the charger, activate party mode, and just time how long it takes to shut down. I haven't done this because I really don't like the idea of running the battery down that far. Anyone? Any volunteers?

pakalolo,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Still having mad issues with my temp light. Like ridiculous issues. Can't wait to see if a new mouthpiece will fix it, but somehow, I don't think so. I'm not sure what the problem is. Where does it make the connection to turn the heater on? I can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes if I pull up on the mouthpiece the heater activates. Sometimes if I push down it activates. I'm not sure what is going on here. LOL.

newVaper420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Have you tried cleaning around the outside of the tube (on the pax) where the spring is? I did a good cleaning there, and have not seen any temp issues since. I don't know how long this good fortune will last, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Supyo

Hi Guys,
I remember reading a while back from I think Joe Kick Ass about a car charger for the Pax. I cant seem to find it. Can someone please recommend me the correct car charger? Thanks.

Supyo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I 2nd what Jam said. I had issues too but after cleaning that outer tube area - all's good.

Mfgr suggests putting mouthpiece in and clicking on/off a few times when wet with ISO but being very careful not to get it on the temp button. I did that and quickly wiped the area when I removed the mouthpiece, let the whole dealio dry thoroughly - worked fine. Then I got those dental brushes and since I've cleaned both tubes using those - both units working well and mouthpieces not sticking or making wonky light issues. Anyone having those issues would be wise to try cleaning that spring area before sending unit in IMHO.

@Supyo - I use a power inverter to charge laptop, etc... works fine with the Pax but somewhere in this thread there is link to a specific one. Since I use the inverter for other things - just made it easy to use with the Pax as well.

Lo,
Reactions: willieR

VapedUp

Have you tried cleaning around the outside of the tube (on the pax) where the spring is? I did a good cleaning there, and have not seen any temp issues since. I don't know how long this good fortune will last, but thought it was worth mentioning.

fwiw, After 3 weeks using pax as my daily driver, i finally had a similar issue. I'm pretty confident you are exactly right.. it's a connection issue. I just actuated a few times and it fixed it and later followed up with a cleaning. I did notice a little more resin build up around the tube. Not the easiest spot to get to, but pretty sure anyone having this issue just needs to clean the ID of mouth piece tube and the OD of tube on pax.

Other than this, i really haven't had any issues with my pax. Use it every day and clean about once a week.

VapedUp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom